Charleybarley's last attempt - 90lbs to lose

Hmmm I do love pizza but at the moment I'm also enjoying chicken shish kebabs.. especially with hot chilli sauce!xx

I love love love kebabs and hot chilli sauce, it makes me feel like I am being naughty but actually its not too bad - unless its doner kebab.

Will you be making your own pizzas, I love doing that and adding healthy toppings and not much cheese. Our local takeaway pizza offers an option for half cheese which can be good too.
At least you know and have planned the meal and if you know what you have eaten then it is easy to make up for it during the rest of the week.

I do sometimes make my own pizzas, I like your thinking, planning it in to my life, you can't always put your life on hold, this is something that I say to myself quite often, especially because we tend to go out quite a lot. One thing I need to combat is - being good when I can be good - so last night I decided that I will be good! So I had a chicken and lamb kebab with salad :banana_dancer: . I am mega proud of myself, I also declined the offer of a slice of Colin the Caterpillar - I love Colin and ordinarily I can't turn him down. But I am a strong woman and can say no....well I did last night anyways! I did have a couple of glasses of vino, but I still felt saintly.

IMG_0750.JPG

Hello Twin! :). I am the same, I could live on pizza...well, not for long, I'd end up having to be airlifted off the sofa after a while :D.

How did you get on?

Hey Susie, as you can see I was a good good girl! The pizzas were smelling fine and I briefly felt sad jealous and angry - but once I had a bit or two of kebab, it all went away!!!!

xx

Very well done, you! That's fantastic, especially resisting them at the table too! Not sure I'd be able to do that :eek:.

But what in heaven's name is Colin the Caterpillar?? :)

Thursday 1st June

Morning all

So, as mentioned above, last night was a roaring success. I had the kebab and it took me so long, I was the last person still eating. My nephew doesn't eat pizza (crazy boy) so he joined me in a kebab, so I didn't feel too much like the odd one out.

What with no pizza and no Colin T Caterpillar - I spent the rest of the evening polishing my halo and drinking vino in celebration! I didn't have much, just a couple of small glasses.

So today's eat:

B - WM Roll with salad and salad cream (HEB) + 1
L - Tuna Mayo (2) Jacket Spud with salad
D - My version of Spaghetti Carbonara (HEA) = (3) for chorizo
S - Yogurt (1) and Fruit throughout the day

Things coming up over the next few days and how to plan:

Ok, in the past I was quite negative about things going on and how to combat falling off the wagon (as I tend to do most weekends) However, this time I am going to make exceptions and try to find ways to enjoy my life and also to beware of pitfalls and not lead a naughty meal into a naughty day...week...month etc. SO:

Friday: I can be good all day, but we are going round a friends for an hour or two in the evening, this usually means a few glasses of wine. GREAT - I can have that, however drinking leads to bad food decisions - so I need to prepare for that. A way to combat this would be to have something at the ready when we come home from there....OR have another kebab...which, I would rather not do but at the same time its a better option than any other takeaway..... I am going to have a little think about it today to see if I can come up with something to cook this evening that I can just quickly heat up tomorrow when we get in. Seeing as I am doing spaghetti carbs tonight, I might double the pasta and make a crab and tomato sauce and then I can just whack them together tomorrow night. I have a tin of crab....the only thing I am lacking is veg to go with it. Usually at the end of the week we have loads of veg to eat up, but I have been good this week and used most of them up. I will get some peppers to cook in the mix.

Saturday: Now one of the reasons I was good last night was because of what I am doing on Saturday, I could've been bad both days but i decided to pick my battles wisely. I am taking my niece, nephew and his girlfriend to GBK for lunch and then onto the cinema to see Baywatch. Not only is this going to cripple me in my purse (it was initially just going to be me and my niece, but it snowballed) it is going to be naughtiness personified. I have looked at GBK menu: https://www.gbk.co.uk/menu and yes, I can be good and have a salad - but I don't want to - I want to have a burger. So I am going to have a burger and I might have chips too. BUT what I might in fact do is have a big old fry up in the morning and then just have the burger and nothing else. Then we have the cinema goodies to contend with....I am hoping I am too full to have anything so I will use my HEA on a large cappuccino or latte. Then in the evening, normal food will resume.

Sunday: Will be a do nothing day, hopefully sunbathing / working on the garden.

Lets see if my plans pan out!

Have a good day all!
xx

Very well done, you! That's fantastic, especially resisting them at the table too! Not sure I'd be able to do that :eek:.

But what in heaven's name is Colin the Caterpillar?? :)

Thanks, I did feel very saintly. . I am hoping that the saintly-ness alone will give me a couple of pounds off this week....doesn't work that way does it!?

He is a chocolattey God from M&S. I am not the biggest sweet tooth but his chocolate taste gets me everytime. Its almost crunchy with sugar!

upload_2017-6-1_11-54-32.png

So - I have been thinking about making a list of reasons why I want to lose some weight (thanks to Buffy and her advising someone else on here today), I have them in my head but writing them down on here may make them real. I don't have a huge desire to lose a lot of weight, I don't need to be a perfect 10 or anything, no offence to anyone aiming for that, its just my preference. I have clothes in so many sizes, 24 (top)/22 (bottom) being the biggest, which is currently what I am and I would rather not be anymore. So without further ado...

Be in my size 22's / 20's
Be in my size 20's / 18's
Be in my size 18's / 16's
Be in size 16 / 14 (can't remember ever being this size!)
Feel comfortable in cinema / theatre seats
Buy a regular bra from a regular shop (i have a huge back and small cup)
Not using plus size sections / shops / catalogues
Being able to jog and not be in pain with my feet (this may have more to do with nerve problems than weight, but I think its all relative!)

I will keep these in my signature.

So today's eats:

IMG_0756.JPG IMG_0752.JPG IMG_0753.JPG IMG_0754.JPG

Not in order but all down the hatch!!! A lovely food day. And if I have room later I will have a mango x

That carbonara looks lovely - how did you make it?

I love the way you're really thinking hard about pre-planning with meals out and so on, Charley.

What about making your own SW fries and having them with the burger? And maybe take some carrot sticks and other crudites, or grapes, for the cinema?

Love your goals too. The last time I was a size 14 was 25 years ago!

That carbonara looks lovely - how did you make it?

I love the way you're really thinking hard about pre-planning with meals out and so on, Charley.

What about making your own SW fries and having them with the burger? And maybe take some carrot sticks and other crudites, or grapes, for the cinema?

Love your goals too. The last time I was a size 14 was 25 years ago!

Thanks Susie, ok last night's one wasn't as good as my usual due to different soft cheese and also the frying pan has started to stick and it burned a little - my usual way (please don't tell your Italian friends, they would balk in disgust!):

Bacon Meds and Chorizo (if you have the syns spare) - you could really use any type of cured meat really - I have done pancetta in the past or regular ham
Mushrooms
Garlic
Pasta
70g light soft cream cheese (sometimes I use 50g and finish the dish with fresh parmesan if I have it in)
Egg

Cook the pasta as usual (I usually go for 100 - 125g, but as its SW you don't really have to count!)
While that's cooking, fry up the bacon or ham or whatever meats together with a job lot of mushroom, when its nearly done lower the heat and put 1/2 - 1 clove of grated garlic
Beat one egg into the soft cheese, it will look gross and lumpy at first, but keep beating and add a splash of the boiling pasta water to it as you beat, it smooths out eventually
When the pasta is done, drain it but keep a small bit of water at the bottom and then add the bacon mix and then add the cream cheese mix to the saucepan and the heat from the pasta should warm through the cream cheese mix. Dont put it back on the heat, if you feel you want to cook it a bit longer, turn off the hob and just keep it on the warm ring.

I usually serve it with a tomato, onion and balsamic salad but I never had any toms in.

Re the burger, I usually would but we are going to a restaurant called GBK, I am not sure they would take kindly to me bringing in my own chip supply! I will see how it goes, I have kind of made peace with the fact that my lunch is going to be naughty, that's the only thing this week I have going on so I can take that on the chin(s)!!!

I am usually happy with a milky coffee in the cinema, especially after a big fat GBK burger!

I know, 14 - I don't possess anything in that size. It would be amazing to shop for size 14s! xx

Friday 2nd June - :scale: WI day: 2lbs off. :banana_dancer:

I confess I wanted more (don't we all!?!) but I vow to celebrate each loss. I was in the shower this morning thinking about it and really although I was good these last 7 days, I wasn't perfect and I had a good week, so if I can still lose 2lbs AND enjoy my food and drink, then that's a win surely?

My best friend and I are both trying to lose weight, we are going on holiday next May time when she and her fiance are going to get married and they have asked us to join them, we don't know where yet, but it will be hot and sunny. Mick and I feel very honoured to be joining them as they haven't asked anyone else - so my friend and I figured out how much we would like to lose by then - we both want to be the weights we were when we met our other halves....for me its 48lbs and for her its 40lbs - its totally doable in the 48 weeks we have given ourselves, roughly 1lb per week.

So my foodage today:

B - Muesli and Milk and Banana (HEB tweak!) and (HEA)
L - Chicken Salad from my favourite salad bar
D - SW Chicken Saag Aloo meal with rice (1) - I never prepped my crab linguine in the end last night, but I found an SW ready meal in the freezer, so i will have that. I am not over struck with the ready meals to be honest, I will be glad once its out of my freezer.
S - Fruitage and syns will go on a couple of glasses of wine tonight - we are popping round above friend's house...its her fiances birthday on Sunday and they are going away on holiday, so we are having a little catch up before they go.

Wishing everyone a good, healthy day xxxx

Your doing well girl, keep it up.

You are right, there is no point in being totally miserable in an effort to lose weight. Small and steady and be sensible rather than puritanical about it. The trip away for the wedding is a great goal to aim for and the fact that you are both trying should help. I love your mini goals, I have a load in my signature as well and it is great to be able to tick them off.

Buy a regular bra from a regular shop (i have a huge back and small cup)
QUOTE]

I love this, I want to buy a normal size bra too, I'm the opposite though, big cup needed. I want a bra that is lacey and maybe even sexy, not something that looks like a medical device.
Enjoy the weekend and happy eating.

"Celebrate every loss" - abs-o-blooming-lutely xweetie! :).

I think that's the perfect amount to lose - and ditto what Tipp says, what a fab goal to aim for - and a buddy to do it with :).

Shame you're not a fan of the SW meals - I really like the sweet potato curry one, and one of the pasta ones. Loved the soup, especially the pea and mint one - but now of course I have the time to make stuff from scratch, and no excuse! :)

Have fun tonight x

Hi Charley,
Welcome!! I'm loving your thread already. Food pics look amazing!! Chocolate god made me laugh out loud I had a 'Hugo hedgehog' cake this week that was equally delicious.

Here to follow and offer support. you're off to a great start!! Xxxx

Your doing well girl, keep it up.

You are right, there is no point in being totally miserable in an effort to lose weight. Small and steady and be sensible rather than puritanical about it. The trip away for the wedding is a great goal to aim for and the fact that you are both trying should help. I love your mini goals, I have a load in my signature as well and it is great to be able to tick them off.

Thanks Tipps - I saw your list on your signature and copied the idea!
x
"Celebrate every loss" - abs-o-blooming-lutely xweetie! :).

I think that's the perfect amount to lose - and ditto what Tipp says, what a fab goal to aim for - and a buddy to do it with :).

Shame you're not a fan of the SW meals - I really like the sweet potato curry one, and one of the pasta ones. Loved the soup, especially the pea and mint one - but now of course I have the time to make stuff from scratch, and no excuse! :)

Have fun tonight x

Thanks Lady - I tried a few of the meals and i would say the nicest one is the chicken tikka. But i do like making my own and often prefer my own to shop bought - I haven't tried the soups yet but my sister rates them.
x

Hi Charley,
Welcome!! I'm loving your thread already. Food pics look amazing!! Chocolate god made me laugh out loud I had a 'Hugo hedgehog' cake this week that was equally delicious.

Here to follow and offer support. you're off to a great start!! Xxxx

Hi Bigbear

Thanks for coming over and saying hello. I certainly do need all the support I can get. Do you have a diary? I will come over and have a nose.

xx

Monday 5th June

Morning all - I hope everyone is safe and well. Such awful news over the weekend with the attacks in Borough Market. I work in London and although I have worked here years and gone through 7/7 attacks and Westminster etc, today I felt a little anxious coming in today. They are not big grand attacks anymore are they? All that is needed is a car and knives - its all too easy to cause devastation. So sad.

Onto more lighthearted things, like my diet - that has been very lighthearted over the weekend to say the least - so all my blustering about planning and only being naughty for one meal - pah! I drank my body weight in wine - despite me saying I am going to stop drinking the stuff, ate my way through a massive cup of pic n mix from Wilkos, has white bloomer bread with butter (oh the shame!). I have been rather active, we were working on the house most of yesterday and also my meals have been fairly good. But I always relax over the weekend and undo the good from the week. I need to stop the cycle!

So onwards and downwards, I guess this week I am playing catch up - I really wanted to weigh myself this morning to check the damage, but I stopped myself.

I have nothing going on this week or this weekend, so I can effectively get a good run of healthy days under my belt. Part of me wants to try CC-ing, but part of me cant be faffed with weighing everything out.

So food today:

B - 1 M&S skinny sausage, tomato and boiled egg - i have made little containers of this for the rest of the week!
L - Piri Piri Chicken wrap and salad
D - 1/2 chicken cooked in Nandos sauce (skin removed) with salad and rice

Have a good Monday everyone.

xx

OMG! I just subscribed to 3 months of weight watchers

Hiya - my diary is 'claire bear's shrinking mission' in the wemitts section. Feel free to come over :)

Mmmmmm bread and butter. Once you start..... my weakness right now is a past, butter and marmalade. i could literally get through a whole Loaf!!

Well done on signing up for Ww! Have you done it before? What made you go for that plan? Good luck !!! Look forward to hearing how you get on xx

Bread and butter for me too....and I make amazing sourdough bread. Its just too tempting so my sourdough starter is now asleep in the fridge.

Is it online WW or a weekly group.

Back