Charliemm's Extra Easy Food Diary

tani said:
hi charlie, just been reading thru and just wanted to congratulate u on how well u have done, its amazing.
ive been messing about trying to loose and stone now for the best part of 2 years and tommorow im joining the sw classes as im sooo needing to do it now, and i just wanted to let u no that ure diary has been a huge help for meal ideas. thanks :)

Thanks hun! I'm so glad that my food ramblings have come in useful! Good luck!

Tues 15th May

HEA: skimmed milk, 22g reduced fat cheddar
HEB: 2 small slices Wholemeal bread

Toast with 2 tsp nutella (3) banana and warm summer fruits

Apple & pear

Tuna salad with cottage cheese
Mullerlight Greek coconut yogurt (0.5)

Fruit salad

Lasagne (with cheese) and salad
Apple

6 Choc raisins (1)
Hazelnut Choc (5)
Mullerlight Greek coconut yogurt (0.5)

Total: 10

Exercise: 30 min fitness walk, 157 cals

Weds 16th May

HEA: 22g Lf cheese, skimmed milk
HEB: 2 small slices Wholemeal bread

Toast with marmite and 2 boiled eggs
Banana & apple

Apple & pear

Ham salad with ff dressing
Mullerlight greek yogurt (0.5)

Large chocolate flapjack (20.5)

Chicken breast with bacon & cheese, salad
Fruit salad

Ham and carrot sticks
Mullerlight Greek yogurt (0.5)

Total: 21.5
(6.5 carried over from mon & tues - 41.5/45 weekly)

Exercise: 30 mins strength training

Am going for a gluten free day today, and possibly for the next week or so to see if it makes a difference to the horrendous bloating and wind situation!

Literally 90% of the things I have in my cupboards (especially my treats!) have gluten in them so have desperately been watching for alternatives. Will post my food diary later. X

Mmmm, interesting. Is this new since starting SW? See how it goes for a few weeks & if it doesn't resolve, maybe go to your GP & get some tests done xx

kim63 said:
Mmmm, interesting. Is this new since starting SW? See how it goes for a few weeks & if it doesn't resolve, maybe go to your GP & get some tests done xx

No, I've been doing SW for over a year and a half but this has only been since I started work full time last year :( could be stress or changing eating times etc.

Apparently docs won't test for allergies unless it's life threatening - I'd have to pay for a private test. Gonna try cutting different things out, have tried lactose but not that, I think it's more likely to be something like wheat or gluten. X

Had a quick flick through that article, and although some of the symptoms match - I don't have pain like people with IBS or Crohns, nor the diahorroa or constipation. It is literally just the bloating and wind. Oddly, even though it is only say 1 of GF, I feel rather slim in the tummy department. Though the afternoon is when it would be at its worst so we'll have to see!

I had bacon, eggs, mushrooms and peppers for breakfast and although I was dubious about not having toast or porridge - I was definitely not as hungry by break time as I normally would be :) x

Well thats good that you dont have hardly any of the symptoms, as it can be rather crippling!
Ref your breakfast, protein makes you feel fuller for longer so the eggs & bacon would have contributed to that. Did you read the article I posted in the 9's thread about eggs? Quite an interesting read how eggs make you feel fuller for longer.
How's the knee holding up as I see you're still not running. Have you tried any supplements like, cod liver oil, glucosamine, chondroitin, msm? xx

kim63 said:
Well thats good that you dont have hardly any of the symptoms, as it can be rather crippling!
Ref your breakfast, protein makes you feel fuller for longer so the eggs & bacon would have contributed to that. Did you read the article I posted in the 9's thread about eggs? Quite an interesting read how eggs make you feel fuller for longer.
How's the knee holding up as I see you're still not running. Have you tried any supplements like, cod liver oil, glucosamine, chondroitin, msm? xx

I did indeed read the egg article, that's why they were my first choice when I realised I couldn't have porridge or toast :) trying them poached tomorrow!

I attempted a very slow jog after powerwalk on the treadmill this week and it was agony after 30 seconds. Not tried supplements yet as I think it might be a permanent problem - my gran has exactly the same pain and problem :( x

What knee problem is it? I've had 2 arthroscopies, so can sympathise! As I said months ago runnung is bad! Go cycling! x

kim63 said:
What knee problem is it? I've had 2 arthroscopies, so can sympathise! As I said months ago runnung is bad! Go cycling! x

I'm not entirely sure what it is, I just know she has a problem with it and has done for a long time! I'm not too bummed that I can't run, and I've been begging OH to sort the bikes out so we can ride! X

Thurs 17th May (Gluten Free)

HEA: 33g LF cheese, 1 Dairylea light triangle
HEB: 71g ready to eat apricots

2 boiled eggs, 2 bacon rashers, peppers and mushrooms
Banana

Apple & pear

Ham salad with salad light dressing
Mullerlight Greek yogurt (0.5)
Moam (1.5)

Fruit salad, carrot and Dairylea triangle

Jacket potato with beans and cheese

20 choc raisins (4)
Dried apricots
Hot Choc (2)

Total: 8

So, I know one day of being gluten free shouldn't make much of a difference, but I definitely feel less bloated and much less gassy. I didn't even take charcoal tablets after dinner and I was nowhere near as bloated as I normally would have been. Going to keep it up for the next week at least to make sure it is the gluten and not something else. Will make an appointment with the docs soon too and see if they can offer me a conclusive test.

Sounds a good idea.....try it for a while & if it helps get to the GP & get yourself properly checked out x

Down to 8st 3.75lb this morning, so loss of 2.5lbs. Think it was due to my body getting used to the walking, and the walking itself. I don't feel like I've lost too much - mainly off my thighs which I'm glad about as that's where it needed to go from if anywhere! X

Blimey Riley Charlie, you need to fatten yourself up a bit! It looks as tho you need to start increasing your Hex's or Syns, as you cant afford to lose anymore really! Do you think it has anything to do with the tummy troubles you're having, as thats a lot of weight to lose even with the walking, as you should be used to it by now? Do you feel good at this weight? Sorry, Im sounding a right old nag! xx

kim63 said:
Blimey Riley Charlie, you need to fatten yourself up a bit! It looks as tho you need to start increasing your Hex's or Syns, as you cant afford to lose anymore really! Do you think it has anything to do with the tummy troubles you're having, as thats a lot of weight to lose even with the walking, as you should be used to it by now? Do you feel good at this weight? Sorry, Im sounding a right old nag! xx

I don't feel like I've lost too much at all, did have a bit of a dodgy tummy sat morning which might have made the scales read a bit lighter than they normally would but apart from that I have no idea! I'll see how I feel this week as to whether I increase HEXs or syns, gonna play it by ear. Also trying to stop making food diaries so obsessively and use my syns on things I wouldn't normally have - for instance today I bought a malt loaf and used normal icing sugar on my homemade carrot and ginger cake! X

I can appreciate it must be difficult to get into the mindset of maintaining after so long losing! Shellie mentioned in her diary that SW are bringing out a leaflet for target members, so it will be interesting to see what they say xx

Back