Charlie's Diary

Gosh, so much! Today has been ok but on Monday I seriously could have eaten my own arm off. I actually felt as if I hadn't eaten for a good few hours and my stomach was totally empty, yet I had eaten only an hour previously. This was all day.... I'm pretty sure I ate my own body weight(!) It tailed off today thankfully and I feel back to normal. I've been very controlled over what I've been eating today and I def notice a difference

Meant to add, my energy levels are nothing to write home about too! The past few weeks I've been practically jumping out of bed at 0645 and feeling refreshed and awake, but this week I've been hitting my snooze button until 0715. I'm convinced this is to do with falling off Dukan

Glad to hear the week is improving for you, post wagon tumble!

I agree on both the hunger and the energy thing, I noticed the same thing on the days after my own fall from grace - it was almost worth it ( almost) to learn just how effective ketosis was at keeping me hunger free and full of energy.

Yeah it has really surprised me, and I agree, it was almost worth it to shock me into how much ketosis plays a part!

Another Friday, Another weigh in and another 1.5 pounds lost :) 3 to go and I can have pasta, I can not wait. Def back in ketosis as I have not been hungry and am waking up really refreshed. All in all it's been a good day/week. Thanks everyone for getting me this far, I really appreciate it

Last edited:
Been MIA for a bit but work has been manic. Proud to report that I have not strayed once and have even been out at lunch walking - anything to shift this last 3 pounds. I am so determined I'll be on conso soon :)

Going away for the weekend so I have been super-planning food. Catching a train on Friday morning at 0815 and get to Liverpool at 1400ish so I'm thinking I'll take 3 biscuits (my daily oatbran), a sugar free jelly, a pre packed packet of cold meat and some bagged salad for lunch on the train? I have pre-alerted the friends I'm staying with that I am on Dukan so I'll have chicken kebab sticks in place of pizza, and a frozen yogurt in place of nachos.

We are eating out on the Saturday but I have looked at the menu online and can have a chicken salad with no dressing.

The train home will pretty much be the same as train down.

Does that sound ok?

Sounds good... You could fill a tupperware with salad stuffs and use home cooked meat even, and take a fork with you! You'll feel very heroic when you see others with their fattening fodder! Perhaps a boiled egg too if you're feeling particularly unsociable! hihi!

Omelettes out are a good option when nothing else seems appropriate.

Good luck and don't be a stranger. You're very close to your target! well done!

Thanks, not long now hopefully :) I think I'll put some chicken in my salad for lunch and avoid the eggs haha

Well , I survived my weekend away and actually found it really easy! Had chicken salad for lunch on way down, I baked 3 days worth of biscuits and took them with me. The BBQ was the biggest struggle but I had my chicken kebabs and salad. All in all, I'm very proud of myself :)

Well done! I would certainly have fallen at the first sniff of barbie.

They all ate my chicken kebabs before their burgers haha.

Struggled today for some reason :S Really craving crisps! Work is stressing me out so that's not helping, I just want to comfort eat and watch a dvd

Isn't it always the way? When you prepare something special for the dieter or the vegetarian, all the non dieters/meat eaters swoop on it first!

If you're hungry again today, up the protein because you might inadvertently have slipped out of ketosis. Just a little more then Conso. Have you started doing your research?

If you feel those hunger pangs coming on reach for the protein. Make a quick omlette or nibble some prawns. The pangs really will subside.

(I'd have started stabbing people with the skewer if they tried to nick my kebabs!)

Isn't it always the way? When you prepare something special for the dieter or the vegetarian, all the non dieters/meat eaters swoop on it first!

If you're hungry again today, up the protein because you might inadvertently have slipped out of ketosis. Just a little more then Conso. Have you started doing your research?

Another chicken eaten! Just as well I like the stuff haha.

Yeah, I've read through the book again and, like the other stages, I have made notes in my notebook and typed out food plans etc. I can't believe I'm getting so excited about a bit of cheese and bread! I'm really looking forward to some different food stuffs. All being well I'm hoping to start conso on Monday so have had a look through my diary and planned when I can have the celeb meal etc (I think I've seen people on here call it gala?) By the time I go to America I'll be having 2 a week so that's handy. I really feel ready for this!

Couldn't have done it without you lot though! Thank you :)

Mmmmm eating a whole chicken on a Sunday is now turning in to a regular occurance with me. Love it lol. Well done for the BBQ :) x

:-D

Hi everyone,

For those of you that remember me, I'm back :) And those that done, Hi :)

I haven't posted for a while although I have stuck to Dukan (not religiously, I did have one or two strays) but need a wee bit of a kick up the ass so here I am!

For all I haven't been 100% Dukan - I'd say I've been about 90% - I've lost the weight I wanted to and managed to keep it off so I figure that as my body responds well and I don't have to be quite so strict then I'll carry on doing it this adapted way.

Main reason I'm back on here is that when I went to America I totally disregarded everything and just ate what I wanted, when I wanted. It was pretty much the holiday of a lifetime so I wanted to enjoy it - and I did. I put on 6 pounds the whole time I was away, and then 3 pounds when I got up until last week (I had 2 weddings, a hen weekend and a christening!! Nightmare) so I made the decision to not really be on Dukan but to be sensible. Although, I must have retrained my brain as I found myself practically still conforming to the diet!

Anyway, I'm off to Marbella 4 weeks today and want to shift the last 6 pounds and get myself back onto the proper Dukan track again.

So here I am :)

Hello there,

With your BMI, and for just 6lbs, and with a holiday in 4 weeks, why not go for Conso rather than full blown Dukan... you'll find it structured, so that you'll have to follow the rules as you would for attack/cruise, but it's not so severe and won't be punishing your body in the same way... and you'll not need to reintroduce sugar and carbs.

Thanks :) I seem to be doing ok on it! I also survived a full wedding :)

Back