Charmaine's Journey

Cham Pers

size 8 by July
Im ready to commit myself, i couldnt say on day 1 or even week 1 if this was something i could stick too but ive just been out with my dogs and yep im feeling it im feeling the urge to carry on. Its hard so hard but i cant stand to even look at my reflection. I can just see a short fat, 37 year old nobody staring back at me. The sun shining helps so much it gives me a feeling of wanting to do this in time for summer. Week 1 lost 7.5lbs WI on wednesday cant wait hope its good news. Have given myself a mini goal a stone off over the four weeks in time for my sis in laws 40th birthday. Have got the dress already but really dont mind having to take it in! Fingers crossed

well done hun!! that positivity is fantastic and I myself need a dose of feeling like that.. having a weak day!! In 4 weeks you will have lost more than a stone for sure so just keep at it :) i think my problem is i am putting unrealistic expectations on myself and so find myself feeling like I cant achieve my goals!! I think your attitude is great and you will surely do really well :) well done hun x

Awww thanku :) im just taking one day at a time. I think thats easier for me than thinking oh ive got another 3 and a half months to go... Nope ive just gotta get thro tomorro! And u can do it too xxxxx

Day 13 Training over phew was really interesting tho but mouth feels like a bird cage. Sitting down at the table to a nice vanilla and coffee shake. I really like the shakes so thats never been a problem for me. Feeling high spirited and really looking forward to WI tomorrow can barely contain myself...

Thanks Kitty Kat! Xxx

You're doing great my lovely, I agree that I like the shakes too so thats not a problem, maybe more of them would be nice!!! haha! I think you'll have lost well over the stone and maybe have to treat yourself to another new dress ;) I think its great that you are thinking just one step ahead, sometimes the longterm goal can seem a bit daunting and offputting so breaking it down makes it more manageable - a lot like advice with the crapjack bars too I've heard!!!

Haha thanks Lola babe! I havent tried the crapjacks yet either but i may just get one and c if i like it xx

Well done hun your doing really well. This is such a different and at times difficult way of life, and each day you succeed in sticking to the program is a monumental feat.. Is to me anyway!! Keep at it girl you are well on your way to reaching your goal :) xx

Thanks Squeezy chick, i dont think ive lost much this week (2nd weigh in) but im not too bothered as long as the scales go down each week i can do this. I went from the 12's to the 11's in the first week and that was incredible. Mini goal for next two weeks to get into the 10's. I love saying that...10's, 10's, 10's oh yeah xxxxx

Aww you will have reached your goal in no time! And probably you will see slightly lower losses each week compared to people with a lot more weight to lose... Iv got 5 maybe 6 to lose and it seems like a massive journey. But in a month or two you will be skinny :) I'm on my phone so can't see ur stats etc... What's your target?? Whatever it is, you are gonna be there before you know it so just keep at it knowing your destination is just around the corner :) xx

Hey babe i just got weighed. Ive lost 4.5lbs this week which takes me to 11st 7.5lbs. My target is 9stone hopefully will achieve this by june. Fingers X

Day 16. Cant quite believe that ive got this far especially how hard the first 3 days were. Havent weighed myself since weigh in on Wednesday. Mini goal is not to at all this week. Want to have a nice surprise next WI day. Have been quite happy today not too consumed by the fact im not eating and havent thought about it much so thats good. Focussing on end target - new dress size 10, cannot wait hope its soon. :)

Didnt have a great day today :-( had a blazing row with OH which resulted in him slamming the door on his way out to his night shift. Litterally ten minutes later my brother and his wife and toddler knocked on the door. Tried to be all nice and welcoming but inside i felt like pants. Then about an hour into their visit they ended up arguing in front of me which was awful and made me feel worse. Because i was distraught i had a moan to my 18 year old about not having a job and he shouted at me and stormed out and then i felt all wobbly and before i knew wat i was doing i had shoved a hot dog sausage in my mouth and had almost swallowed it whole without chewing. :-( least i recognised big time what my triggers are! Anger and upset. Ok so its a quick wobbly. Ive had a pint of earl grey tea and feel better now. So get over it Cham coz this is your LIFE!

aw bless you hun :( what a day!!! i can totally relate to stress being my main trigger and with a very angry and obnoxious 3 year old that refuses to sleep I am tested every day with that trigger! and know how incredibly difficult it is to stay strong when inside you feel so weak from feeling like crap. Well done though sweetie cuz it could have been a giant bar of galaxy or a kebab! lol. but a hot dog wont do you any harm and if anything it has just helped you to recognise how powerful that need to comfort those feelings is, and you can learn to be stronger from that experience. You have come so far and have done so well, at least feeling sh!tty aint beaten you completely... your still strong and your still doing it and you should feel so proud of yourself. And not let that strength go unrecognised!! and thank god you didnt choke on that hot dog lmao. Swallowing without chewing is one of my problems actually lol. In fact i was thinking yesterday when sniffing my daughters toad in the hole (lol i sniff her food a lot), that when breaking it down, I can get enjoyment just from smelling food... cuz half the time when i eat it doesnt even touch the sides... i just chuck it down the hatch. So really... am i even getting enjoyment from eating?? not really! i barely get the chance to taste it. anyway im going off on a tangent.

Just stick at it hun and im sorry to hear you are having such a rubbish day. Dont let yourself feel to guilty about the hotdog... just remember how pants it is to let the thoughts of fixing feelings with food get to you!

Hope your doing ok, draw a line under today and start tomorrow with a fresh batch of 'i can do this' and hopefully you and your OH will resolve whatever made you argue. keep at it chick x

Thankyou mate it means alot to have ur support! What a crappy day today :-( hoping for a better one tomorrow :) tummys rumbling now:eek lying in bed trying to ignore it xxx

your welcome, thats what this site is all about and I know I couldnt have done it without all the support I have been offered. And love giving that back. Thankyou for coming into that thread about my festival and perking me up too. I felt like crap after being spoken to like sh!t. A couple of times I have attracted negetive messages from people and Its making me question being on this forum because Im here to share with people their journeys and be part of a supportive network.. not to have arguments or animosity!!

Anyway, yes! tomorrow is another day and is another day towards the skinny you! We all have bad days (and yours really seems to have taken the p!ss) and getting through them just makes us stronger. Dont see your encounter with a hot dog as a failure in ANY way.. you still got through it all and are still fighting strong. Breath through your rumbly tummy and imagine that with each rumble, fat cells are melting away :) x

Day 19. Feels like second nature now and feels much longer than only 19 days. More like 19 weeks. I would look like a twig if it was! Lol. Dont think i can ever live without my morning shake. So that will always continue. Drank more than normal yesterday about 5.5 litres. Just felt so thirsty and couldnt help it. I also felt really lightheaded, got up to quick and almost passed out. Was a bit scary everything went completely black for a couple of seconds. Just layed down til it passed and had a pint of water. Plus being at home all day so some of it was boredom. Well me and OH are decorating all of downstairs this week :eek so will be busy and hopefully burn off loads calories. Heres to another great day :)

Glad to hear your finding it a breeze :) I am too and it makes the goal seem so much more achievable! And know what you mean about it feeling longer!! And how I feel like I will miss my shakes. But in 4 months I may feel differently lol. Today iv had tummy ache after every shake... I thought I was getting away with it a bit too much as I'm lactose intolerant and the shakes do have lactose in them! Eeeek :( so I'm gonna have to buy some lactase enzyme tablets which cost a bloody fortune and I could do without the expense! But I'm not letting it stop me doing this NO WAY! lol. Have fun with your decorating... I love decorating :) and I'm sure you will burn loads of fat in the process :) xx

Back