'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

My Day 1

Day 1 - the good and bad so far:

Good: the toffee and walnut shake I had for breakfast tasted nice...

Bad: My stomach keeps growling for lunch and its not even 12 yet and I'm dreaming of french bread pizza!

What was anyone elses day 1 like???

Sorry to see you go newmaks x
Sorry I've been a bit quiet. My head is everywhere at the moment (man related). I will post more when my head is sorted, right now I can't even think straight.

ETA: i lost 8pounds this week.... i have no idea how

Sorry to see you go newmaks x
Sorry I've been a bit quiet. My head is everywhere at the moment (man related). I will post more when my head is sorted, right now I can't even think straight.

ETA: i lost 8pounds this week.... i have no idea how

Aww chick I hope you're ok! Men are totally useless and just cause us all so much trouble!
Hope you feel better soon! x

Hi all,

Sorry to hear you're having probs caramelcherry, hope things get sorted for you soon. Can't live with 'em or without is often so bloody true! Well done on the weight loss though, thats fab considering everything! Take care hon :hug99:x
Hope day one is still going ok Lori, the first few are always the hardest in any diet, sure you can do it! My first day wasn't really planned. I'd been thinking about it for weeks, looking on here to get inspiration - eventually phoned my cdc and saw her the next day. I expected to have to go away and cut carbs, have doctor contacted and all sorts before i'd be allowed to start, but at the end of our chat she asked me to pick my flavours and asked me what day i intended to start, chin nearly hit the floor. Was so excited i started that day,(it was about 3pm and i'd only had 3 biscuits all day!) Never really had any side effects as such, just a mild headache on next morning but fine since- just lucky!
I agree, food adverts are driving me nuts! On a positive note have had a 100%day so now back on track! My size20 cargos are ridiculously baggy now, and my 18s are looser, so chuffed! xx

hello,

my day one went a bit wrong, I tried the cheese and brocolli soup and it was so horrible i couldn't eat it. My family had had some lean mincemeat so i limited myself to 3 spoonfuls of that on some lettuce as i figure its low carb and would be under 200 cals.

I've still got 3 more soups so I'm gonna try and have them one a day for the next 3 days, that way if i can't stand them i will replace with a v small low cal/carb meal, it'll be a bit like induction i think. and i'd rather get the soups out of the way and have a rocky first 4 days than risk breaking it later on!

Anyway, I had apple and cinamon porridge this morning - lush!!! So atleast thats something I like!

That's ace about your trousers being too big!! Hurray!!!

Hi all xxxx

Guess what? I'm at work! lol

Hey Butterfly, I work as a CCTV operater for southampton city council. I don't have to do so many hours, but I do like the pay at the end of the month when I do!
What you said about the food........honestly that doesn't sound silly at all. I've done it before.....not this time mind you, but I think when I did do that it made me want to eat more as I had the taste for it!

Caramelcherry......congrats for your loss, 8lbs is great.......as for your man troubles boooooooooooooo! Wish you luck in that department.

Angelchaser.......french pizza bread.....it's funny that we crave certain things while on this diet, it's like I'm not usually a sweet toothed person but the otherday I craved an Iced Bun and usually it wouldn't be something that I'd crave it at all!

In regards to my animal choice it took me ages to think of one! lol Then I was walking my dog the otherday in a field near me and saw a butterfly and then realised that would be the better option! Oh well.

Hope everyone is ok today, just had my strawberry tetra warmed up with a spoonful of coffee for dinner....it didn't taste to bad but not something I'm goning to try again in a rush!

I'm on my last litre of water today ( I have 4 ltrs ). My collegues still think it's funny that I have to dash to the loo every 10mins still! ;-(

Just had a dishy police officer in the office which brightened my day up.....dont tell the hubbie! xxxx

Speak 2moro xx

wooo wooo to the dishy police officer!!!

Hi all,

Had WI this morning and STS! I'm such a bloody idiot, really peeved with myself :mad:, but hopefully can turn it into determination not to buggar it up again. Through the week had the odd forkfull of food whilke cooking and i know i hadn't had enough water this week on the whole. My scales had shown losses of up to 4-5lb at various points in the week though. Talked with my cdc and after doing measurements i had lost 3" overall, so she tells me its more likely to be fluid retention due to not drinking than being out of ketosis. Just read someones post about binge eating and can really relate to it, i haven't needed or even wanted to eat, just felt compelled almost. Its one of the reasons i have chose this diet, takes away 'food' altogether. Just hope when the time comes i'm able to get my head in the right place to change all my crap eating habits. Sorry to whinge, will pick self up and try to have a 100% week. Have had 4-5pts water already today- hello toilet!!

I love the sound of your job devilishandsweet, we have patients going missing all the time from work,(acute psychatric h-tal) and the police use cctv to track them down for us. Got visited by 4 quite dishy cops last shift cos of people running off, but too busy to 'appreciate' them!

I tried every flavour in my 2nd week, to get it out the way and figure out what i like, makes it easier to 'plan' my 'meals' now. I'm sure you're cdc wouldn't mind if you had to go back to get more shakes to replace the horrible ones, save you having to go back to food, after making such a good start.

Hope you're all ok, sorry for waffling.... xx

Hi all xx

Keep your head up butterfly, it will show on the scales next week. 3inch loss is great! xxx

Not much to tell today, i just had to force down an apple & cinmamon porridge left from my first week as I have run out of packs........argh...I gagged on every mouthful! I can't stand the bloody things! x

Anyway hope all of you are ok, a will speak 2moro! x

Cheers hun,
Feeling more determined now to be a good girl! Although i do seem to have terrible cravings, my lips will stay firmly shut! (Except for the hundreth cup of water) Minimins is my lifeline at times like these!
Think will have to half your 2 weekly WI devilishandsweet for the challenge thread so to remain fair. Is it 10lb then for the last 2 weeks? That is absoultely amazing, you go girl!.....I would be so over the moon with that. Keep it up. xx
BTW- have posted on advertising thread to see if anyone wanted to join us. xx

Keep your pecker up Butterfly,
Just climb back on the wagon and be a good girl this week. At least you didn't gain any weight and managed to STS.....it could have been far worse!
I always try and have my pack before preparing the family dinner so it makes it less of a temptation....I think I am totally over the food thing though and just don't want it really...as long as I can smell foods and savour aromas..that is enough for me.

Hi Devilishandsweet,
I know what you mean about the porridge...I used to really like it, but can't bear it now. I still have about 4 packs left....it is so sweet and just makes me gag!!

I have got my 6 week WI tomorrow at 11am and going by my scales this is my best week so far. We'll see I hope I am not setting myself up for a fall when I say that..knowing my luck my scales may be way out!
Going to do another session in the gym tomorrow and the pool. I swam 40 lengths today and cycled 2 km and walked 1 km on the treadmill...I completely knackered myself and came home after and slept for 3 hours...must have burnt everything I had!!!!

Thanks Nikki! Tomorrow's a new day and fresh start- being positive! Its no wonder you slept for 3 hrs, thats hell of a lot of energy considering we're surviving on around 400cals! Fairplay to you, I'm so impressed, can't say i've managed to catch the excercising bug yet, although its on my 'to do' list. Good luck at tomorrows WI. Its wierd but my scales are still showing a loss, even at the end of the day, they're normally quite accurate. Oh well, I'll try for a 100% week and hopefully reap the benefit next WI. Take care all xx

Hello everyone,
Thank you for inviting me to the team Butterfly hope Im not to late to join you and somebody didnt pip me to the post! I am currently on nights so dont get on here as much as I like but still once a day :D

Hi Sarah and welcome!
Great to have you here. I personally have found minimins invaluable in helping me stick to this diet when feeling tempted. As you may have read, i had a crap week last week but aiming for 100% this week. I lurk on here most days, especially when stuck in the house with my daughter, inbetween play time! I also work nights, but only 2 a week, i'm a nurse at my local psychiatric h-tal. (Even get chance to get online in my break if i'm lucky!) I'm doing sole source at the moment and have about 5stone to lose, started at 15st 5lb, down 1st 1lb so far. If you want to catch up with us all, our 'stories' are posted earlier with bits about us and why we're doing this diet. Please share your own if you want to.... Feel free to ask any questions, come and have a whinge or share your success! Be nice to get to know you.

The only things we ask everyone to do is just post as often as possible, so we can support each other. I need to have everyones weight losses by Fri/Sat each week, (how much you've lost and your current weight), so i can post on the challenge thread on sunday. (I work every other sunday so need to get them in time to post sat/early sun.)

Well, enough of me waffling, hope everyone has a good day, I'm off to take DD to a local childrens farm/play centre. Not sure who loves it more, they have baby rabbits you can pet, been trying to talk OH into letting me get one for ages.....! Take care, catch you later xx

lol rabbits are ace!! get one get one! just please don't breed, help rescue rabbits!

Hi Sarah, welcome! IF your willing to share your story i'd love to hear it!

Butterfly- staying the same is sooo much better than gaining! and atleast you know the reasons why! Just think it'll probably show on the scales next time!

Nicki - that is soooo ace how much excersize you manage! you must be fitter than a fiddle!!! I keep meaning to start excersing again, but think i'm gonna wait until i'm a few weeks in and my energy levels have sorted themself out!

I hope I still like the porridge in 4 weeks time - at the moment i find it scrummy and i quite like the fact is thick and warm! gievs you that warm feeling inside.

Today I'm feeling really tired, and my stomach is growling loudly soo i'm feeling kinda bleh!
On the plus side though my CDC who is on holiday atm sent me a nice little email asking how i was doing which i thought was really sweet and a really nice touch.

hope all are well xxx

Hi Ladies xxx

Welcome to you Sarah- I wish you the best of luck on your journey and I look forward to hearing from you! x

Butterfly- Yeh if you half the weight that would be fine- I'm a nuisance aren't I?! Sorry!

Nearly finished my 8th week now and get weighed on Monday, hoping to hit the 3 stone mark.....we will see! xxx

Good luck all on you weigh ins if they are today!xxx

Thank You forthe warm welcome.

Well I'm Sarah, I'm 28, I have been married to my Husband for 2 years this October and I have a Son who will soon be 5. I work at my local hospital full time and work many different shifts.

I started my Cambridge journey on Friday the 17th of July and on weigh in weighed a whopping 17stone 3.5lbs (109.55kg) the most I have ever weighed. I'm on Cambridge to lose the weight for many reasons. I don't want to be the fat friend in our group they whenever we go out thay say oh you look lovely when I know I look like a bag of spuds. I don't want to pick my little man up from school and watch everyone watch me wobble into the playground! I have also recently been diagnosed with PCOS and have been trying for a baby the last two years and hope that if I lose my weight I have a better chance of concieving naturally. And most of all I'm doing this for me I'm doing so I feel good about myself and instead of walking down the street with my head hung I can hold my head up high and be proud and confident.

My first weigh in is on Tuesday the 28th of July and I'm really nervous about it........I dont know why! I have been very lucky I was waiting for the first 3 days to be a living hell but sailed through them easily and found myself in Ketosis on the evening of day 2 which I was very shocked with. I have had no wobbles at all since Friday and have stuck to SS 100%. I have also started walking when I can fit it in and just walk at a quicker pace than normal......I feel that a few hours later!! So, so far so good.

Sorry if I have waffled a bit but I hope that helps you all to get to know me.

x

No baby rabbits!....we were very dissappointed. Held a huge wriggly one though! Bit annoyed as if there had been any, i was planning the hard sell to OH and I'd have got my own way in time for DD's bday next month. Its great because they breed them and take in rescues, they get handled by small kids 3-4 times a day so are so placid and well tempered. Next time maybe.
Hope things going better for you Lori, lots of people say they suffer the first few days, the important thing is you've stuck at it and not give up- it will get easier soon.
Thanks for your intro Sarah, i think most of us relate to not wanting to be the 'fat friend/mom' anymore. I know my daughter is one of my main reasons, just do not want her to ever pick up all my bad habits and go through this struggle, i could never forgive myself. Sorry to hear about your pcos diagnosis, thats tough, hopefully the weight loss will help though. There have been several threads on here recently about pcos that may be useful, just use the search facility and you should be able to pick them up. Once we've saved/got married (robbed a bank!) we would hope to try for no2, within the next 1-2yrs hopefully. Glad you're doing so well on the diet, i love it to bits, even if my willpower doesn't sometimes.
Well ladies, house tidy(ish), had soup, going to chill out and then consider an early night, feel really tired today. Take care xx

Right, thats it, my promise to myself is to be 100% today, am soooo determined to get back on track. Have to just stop cooking for a while until i get back in the 'zone'!! Should be easier now as i'm in work Fri and Sun night so less temptation. Going to try going to gym in my break as well i think. I have a confession though, (stands up) "my name is lorna and i am addicted to minimins!". Just cannot stay off the thing, at least its replacing my food addiction, lol! Find it so inspiring when i'm struggling. Take care all, hope all coping ok with the plan. Catch u later xx

Good afternoon all my fellow Butterfly chasers,
Sorry I couldn't get here sooner...only my Virgin connection has been down all night and has only just rebooted itself this morning...we have had no telly and no broadband....it's been dire..what did people do before the invention of TV and internet?.....all I can say is that they must have had immaculate houses..no laundry piles and no ironing! I had to resort to cleaning my kitchen floor a task I had been putting off all day:giggle:. My son was beside himself and has actually washed up and tidied his room...well I say tidy...open up the cupboard and throw things in more like!!
Anyway I am feeling more than just chuffed with myself.....I had my 6th WI yesterday and lost a Whopping 6 & 1/2 lb :bliss::bliss:
I am as pleased as punch I have lost a total of 31 & 1/4lb in 6 weeks and am just 3 & 3/4lb away from my 2 & 1/2 stone bracket...hope I reach this goal by next weeks WI. It seems that all that energy spent in the gym and the pool has paid off!!

I would like to welcome our new recruit Sarah to the team...Sarah it's great here and you will really love it..hope we can all inspire you and spur you on with lots of encouragement on your weight loss journey.
Angelchaser, I am loving the gym and pool but don't get me wrong it is a constant struggle to do it every time..I am no spring chicken and far from being fit and healthy...I find swimming the easiest as I love it and seem to summon the stamina from somewhere...but you ask me to walk up 2 flights of stairs then I am exhausted.
I must say though...it is srange that I have only lost 2 stone but it is amazing how much lighter it makes you feel and moving about is definitely getting easier.

Butterfly...hope you are still staying strong. Cooking for the family I know is hard..but dig deep and let your will power kick in...think of the end result. I really don't know why they call it will power....it should really be called Won't power!!
As you can see Butterfly my weight loss for this week is (yes...I am going to say it again) 6 & 1/2 lb and my current weight is 20 st 7 & 1/4 lb...Woo..hoooo!!!
Anyway I am off to do more chores as the TV is still not working due to bloody Virgin.
Be back later TTFN

Back