'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Sorry, Just needed to do a little post to see if that bloody ticker thing has changed don't seem to get the hang of the thing when comes to editing it..I never know if it has done it or not!!

Bloody ticker, these things were obviously sent to try us!!!

Well Ladies it is coming up to my weigh in (Tues) but for some reason Im getting really nervous!! I felt like I had lost loads a couple of days ago now Im not convinced. But lets just wait and see what Tuesday brings but before that I have the weekend to get through. Im on my last night shift tonight.....hooorah! Just have to resist jumping on thise scales!!!

Butterfly I found that not cooking is a huge help to take away the urge of having a nibble. I now get no hunger pangs and feel quite full after a shake/soup. I have been walking on a morning also as Im not comitted to the gym enough I had a membership once before and was lucky if I went once a month.

Sorry Nicki I didnt see your post there! Congratulations on your loss this week I bet your really chuffed.You have done so well. I love this site as its people like you who give me encouragment to stick with this x

Hi Sarah, I will wish you an early good luck for Tuesday and hope you lose bucket loads!!!!
Sometimes when you don't feel like you have lost anything...you get weighed and have lost loads...Think positive thoughts!!!!

Evening All, hope everyone is doing well!

Nicki - a big wahey and hooray and congratulations on your loss this week, it is fantastic!!! Yay for you!

I'm on Day 5 now and I weighed myself as 13st6lbs meaning I'm -5lbs. So that is my submission for the team effort....

however...i've completely cracked this week... after the fiasco with the soups and deciding to have smaller meals tonight it's all gone tits up! I have eaten 2 cheese sandwiches and a mini magnum and I'm in a sulk with myself now! I've had a really really long week, I've been really exhausted and to cap it all off while I was on holiday my manager (who I really like) resigned and today was his last day and arrrgh theres been other stuff and I know its crap excuses and arrrrgh!

I think I've just proven to myself that the reason I'm so overweight is that I have no control over food, which should really be reassurance that I am doing the right thing by being on Cambridge and eliminating traditional food. But I'm really sorry, I feel like I'm letting the side down!

The next 3 days I'm going to do my best at 100% SS with no wobbling and from when I see my CD Monday for my first WI and to pick up new packs I'm going be no excuses! The one thing I've learnt this week is the flavours I like and don't like which mean I'll know what to have and make sure I like them!

Sorry this is a bit long and ranty, I'm just disappointed in myself. Sorry.

Lori

Don't be too disappointed Angelchaser, Just climb back on the horse and try again....try not to give in to temptation...be strong...you can do it.
I must admit SSing is not for the fainthearted but once you get into Ketosis you will start to feel better. It took me over a week to get to Ketosis and I still have my tired days, but, can honestly say I am not hungry. I struggle to eat all my packs each day. I am supposed to have 4 a day but usually only manage 3, as I just don't want them.
I have felt great today and been buzzing, I have tidied my bedroom...and believe me it was bad, I had clean washing everywhere to put away...dirty washing to be washed. Once I had changed my bed and laid all the washing on the bed to put away I decided to tidy out my wardrobe...my god...I cannot wait to get rid of all those clothes...a couple more stone and then I can get rid of it all. I will not slip back into those comfy elasticated waistbands....I vow to only buy fitted waistbands so I will know if I put on any weight..as with the comfy ones they always seem to stretch with you and then oooops you are up to 22 stone!
I just can't wait to buy lovely nice clothes and get rid of those tents!!!
Good luck getting back on the wagon....and don't ever think that you are letting the team down....that is what we are all here for...to give you support and encouragement when you need it. We will always be here to spur you on.

Sorry not been on for a while- at work and busy in the house, my OH works opposite shifts to me so we only get a little amount of time together, not sure he'd be too impressed if i spent it on here!

Wow girls, your weight losses are amazing! You all must be well chuffed! Thought i'd post the results on here as well as the challenge thread so we've all got something to look back on to see how far we've come, also you can let me know if i have any of your 'last week' weights wrong- i'd hate to muck it up!
Angelchaser - 5/193 - 2.59%
*butterfly* - sts (199)
caramelcherry - 8/204 - 3.92%
devilishandsweet - 5/335 - 1.49%
Nicki-M - 6.5/293.75 - 2.21%
Sarah - 1st wk
Team - 24.5/1025.75 - 2.39%
Go team!!!! Fantastic results!
:party0019:
Hopefully i shall be able to contribute this week! Have been a very good girl and stuck to it well since Thur, feel like i'm drowning in water but i think it really does make a differnce, found a thread somewhere on the stickys from icemoose- (what an inspiration he is!) It details some of the physiological reasons why you need so much water to assist the weight loss process, and how things can plateau if you don't keep it up, it really helped me put it into persective and get glugging! :waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle:
He actually recommends even more than the 2.25l, cant remember exactly how much, something like 3-4l per day! Its just a little inconvenient to be on the loo every 5 mins! Still, i see it as peeing away the fat! (yuck.....!)
Don't be too hard on yourself Lori, although i know thats easier said than done, its not the worst binge in the world, you haven't given up the plan altogether - you're still here. I think its harder to consider having to eat anything, i know i'm not ready either to have the discipline to make all the right choices. Just get back to it this week and try for 100%. We're all here for you.
Now i'm not cheating i do feel buzzing too Nicki, its great isn't it! It sometimes takes a bit to get going, but once i do i can't stop, did a clean out of the garden yesterday and didn't come inside till 930pm, but pleased as got so much done. Stuck to my promise and went to the gym in my break, only get to do around 45mins mostly cardio, but i figure its better than nothing and a place to start as i am a complete excercise-phobe! I am so unfit its unreal, luckily no one else uses the work gym at 5am so no one to see me puffing away! Back in tonight so shall go again!
Oh buggar, my DD has just seen a kids cooking programme so now wants to make biscuits! Sunday mornings used to be our baking day so looks like i'm about to face tempation - i will be strong!
I agree about chucking out the fat clothes, i'm taking photos every few weeks to see how things change, the jeans i had on yesterday looked stupidly baggy in the legs, and i only bought them a few months ago. (Now turned into gardening jeans!)
Sarah, you are so disciplined to be able to avoid the scales, my addiction to scale hopping is insane!
Good luck for your WI devilishandsweet, (fingers crossed) I'm sure you will do great!
Hope you are ok caramelcherry, keep your chin up, hope things get better for you on the men front. Thinking of you.
Off to do some cleaning/baking, take care all, keep up the good work!
Lorna x

Hey guys and welcome sarah to the team!

Angelchaser we all have little slips through this journey, succeeding is when you brush it off and get back on track. Remember that eating may give you instant satisfaction now but not eating the bad stuff and sticking to your goal will give you delayed satisfaction and that satisfaction is so much better than instant! (if that makes sense).

When you feel the urge to eat, go through those feelings you experienced last time you ate.
e.g sluggishness, feeling disappointed etc. This should stop you slipping. Have a 10 minute talk with yourself before putting something in your mouth.

And on that note....I've slipped too :sigh:

I haven't had man problems per se. I've actually started to date someone new.
I feel so anxious and nervous about it, I nearly made myself sick last week. I clearly have a problem with getting close to someone. My weight issue is a major thing, and probably my experience with my last ex has made me like this. It actually feels like I've developed some kind of phobia:confused: This has caused me to put on 3pounds this week. Sorry guys :( I will do much better this week. I'm half way to my goal weight, I'm not going to give up now.

*Butterfly* it's great you've started exercising. Weirdly enough I used to do more exercise before the diet (been on lighterlife for 3 months) then now. Probably, due to my lack of energy. Keep going girl, you put me to shame! Be very careful with your water intake. It can be very dangerous. I have 3 litres of water per day. However, i sip throughout the day. If for some reason I haven't, I won't binge drink(not talking about alcohol here lol) e.g a litre in a 30mins.

Aww hun, congratulations on the new man! I hope he's a good 'un and treats you nice. Symathise with your nerves though, it can be difficult allowing people to get close, especially when you've been hurt before. I suppose weight/size will always be something we're self conscious of, no matter what size we are. If he's worthy of you it shouldn't matter to him, and hopefully that can help boost your confidence. At the end of the day, although its nice to have someone flatter you and make you feel special, you deserve to feel that way about yourself anyway. I know its difficult for us 'big girls' to do that, but you've come a long way already, be proud of yourself and what you've achieved. Wishing you some happy dates! (minus nauseating anxiety) Don't worry about the gain, I put your 8lb loss on the challenge cause i thought that was the one with your cdc this week? Just get back on the wagon, you'll see i've had slips too in the last week, you can do it!! Here for you if you need to sound off....xx

hey guys, thank you for all the support - i really was ducking and covering to be told off - not that I think you guys would but I'm in a relationship where the guy constatly critisices my weight and tuts if I eat anything and has gone as far as to snatch food out of my hands. ( I realise this is a completely destructive relationship and if I were giving me advice I'd tell me to run for the hills- but I'm just not ready or able to yet!)

Anyway tomorrow (or yesterday) is another day and I feel things are back on track, this week should be easier cuz theres no excuse of not liking soups and not eating them so needing something else! shakes n porridge all the way! :-D

Caramelcherry - don't worry about slipping up - as everyone else said to me aslong as your still here and posting your still on the programe and you haven't given up! I understand how it feels difficult to get close to someone, people always say its down to selflove - learn to love yourself and you'll understand why others do.... but it's sooo easy for these people to say! I really hope that this guy is a nice guy and you can start enjoying being with him!

Right I've been stood in a muddy field since half 8 this morning, so i'm going to go and jump in a hot bath to wash off the remaining mud and then curl up in a nice soft bed!!!

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!

Loz x

Hello Ladies sorry I havent been on here much for a couple of days! Im also sorry I havent contributed to this weeks loss but Im on it for next week ;)!

I have had a great weekend although I have been at work today! We went for a drive out to our shopping outlet place yesterday where my Hubby, son and goddaughter decided they were all famished so I stupidly suggested Frankies and Bennies!!! Well we walked in and the smell was soooooo yummy it was like heaven. Well we sat outside which took me away from the smell and I very nearly buckled but I stayed strong and I managed to sit there with my bottle of sparkling water (I treated myself) while they ate there way through a starter and a main course and DS had a pudding!!! I was sooooo proud of myself and proud of my will power as I didnt think I had it in me. So when I got to work this morning I stood at the scales and was about to get on and thought no I will wait until Tuesday....now I cant wait to be weighed and hope I have lossed more than I feel.

Thank you for the welcome caramelcherry. To be honest I dont think we would be human if we sometimes didnt lapse....Im sure my time will come! But tomorrow is a new day and its nothing that cant be undone.

Sarah x

Hi all,
First of all I would like to welcome Sarah to our team.......godd luck hun xxx

Nicky, congrats on your weight loss, thats brill!

I have a very bad weekend ;-(

Basically my niece (hubbys side) is 15 with two kids. She started to send me msgs on facebook, saying that I was a fat b*tch and I was ugly and will never have children etc etc and to take the biscuit my hubby mum said that she had spoken to her and the niece claimed it was me sending nasty msgs!

I have called her (hubbys mum) and set the record straight but feel sooooo low....how could I let a 15 year olds comments get me this way?

I know she is young and she has always been a trouble, but it really got me down :-(

So I started eating! I won't go into what I ate...chinese.......burgerking.........bbq on sat......I'm so annoyed!

Why does people taking the pee out of me make me do this? surely it should make me stronger and more determined! But NO!

I will get back on it today but i feel i have let myself down....i've lost nearly 3 stone now and have done so well I don't wana let this get me down.

I already take anti-depressants, and have a history of depression and since I've been on this diet I felt great....now I feel so low and have no go in me.

Sorry for the neg post but wanted to get it off my chest!

Hope everyones elses weekend had not been as bad as mine! xxx

Hi devilishandsweet,
Don't be so hard on yourself! Its terrible that someone can be so cruel to you, especially as she is family and should try to support you, but you know what they say, 'you can't pick your family'. She is obviously not the most responsible person in the world from the sound of things, and certainly has no right to sit in judgement of you. Can you take her off facebook? She doesn't sound like someone you need in your life right now, whilst you may need to see her once in a while, it will minimise how much she can hurt you.
There is so much more to you than your weight, try to think of all the positive things in life you have going for you. I know its difficult when you have existing depression anyway, can make you so much more sensitive to criticism and really impact on your self esteem. Like you said yourself, you had been doing so well and had felt better in your mood. You are taking control of your weight, which is a huge part of who you are, that has taken some hard work and determination to get as far as you have. Its important to be able to recognise those achievements, she can't take that away from you.
As for the eating, it doesn't matter!!! There are going to be times in life, even when we get 'slim' when we may still comfort eat and have binges, especially if feeling down, one cake or a fast food mountain, the amounts are irrelevent. The important thing is to allow yourself to start again and move on from it, don't resign yourself to that being 'the end' and continuing to binge for another day, and another. You'll just perpetuate the cycle of feeling depressed, so eating, then feeling worse, and on it goes. You can have control over what you do from this day foreward, it takes enormous strength sometimes but i know you can do it. Believe in yourself!
As for having no 'go' in you, yes that goes hand in hand with feeling low, but don't underestimate the power of junk food! When i cheated last week physically i felt like ****, and i'd only had a few bits here and there, your body's probably feeling pretty freaked too, once you get back on plan, your energy should improve again.
Thinking of you hun, lecture over, sorry for going on, just don't want to see you throw all your hard work away over this. xx

Hi devilishandsweet... sorry to hear about your neice being horrible, it is really hard not to take things to heart but please try not to. Most likely she's scared because your losing weight and improving how you look and feel about yourself, whilst she can't change her life and is jealous. At the end of everything you are going to look fabulous and have more confidence whilst she will still be the same petty person who sounds ugly on the inside. Don't be too caught up on the fact that you ate a bit much, just look at it and think o that was silly and won't help me get to where I wanna be, and maybe next time I'll do something nice for myself like have a long bath or paint my nails. I know this is all very easy for me to say. But I hope you're ok and stick with us!

I'm just having a quick little post because yesterday was officially my first day 100% CD! I stuck to it! Yay! Hopefully can keep it up toaday too!

Loz x

Good morning Ladies I hope we are all well? I have been for my 1st weigh in this morning and I have lost 1st 3.5lbs! Im so chuffed with myself. i couldnt wait to share my news :D

Sarah x

that is absolutely fantastic! Well done times a million Sarah! You must be pleased as punch!

That's fab Sarah u must feel fantasic! xxx

Thanks angelchaser & butterfly for your replies......u are both right and I should have rised above it! Sorry for being so neg but I needed to get it off my chest! Thanks guys xxxx

Anyway today I'm back on it and I am not letting it get to me anymore......

Hope you all ok today! xxx

hey devilish! big pat on the back that you are back on track! :D how cheesy eh?

seriously tho, don't worry about venting things here! as the saying goes... a problem shared is a problem halved! i always find it helps me just to get things out into the open cuz then i can look at them from the 'outside' a bit more and find it easier to make a decision on them!

I hope that all is going well for everyone.

Hello my fellow Butterfly chasers,
Firstly I would like to say woo...hooo!!! Sarah you go girl...well done on your weight loss you must be absolutely chuffed with yourself:character00100::character00100::character00100::happy096::bliss::0clapper:You won't need any encouragement this week to stay on track after a loss like that!

Devilishandsweet, I was sorry to here about your niece's comments, that is awful..who does she think she is? She has obviously got issues....don't let her own insecurities affect you....if other people have got a problem with you then that is there problem..or insecurity....do not let them transfer there insecurities to you, rise above it and ignore it. Just walk with your head held high with confidence..just because you are overweight it does not mean you should lose your confidence....you are a person and your weight is yes a part of you but only one part of you and there is more to you than just a weight problem. Think of all the good points about yourself they will far outweigh the bad. On the otherhand..can your niece say she has any good points..when she has to slag other people off to make herself feel better! Keep you chin up and stay on top...glad to hear you have got back on it...you'll show her!

I hope everyone else has been good and keeping on track this week, I have felt great all week until Monday and then felt like crap...I did 2 night shifts Sat/Sun and don't think I have drunk enough water as on Monday and Tuesday I felt awful...tired, Irratible and hungry. I don't think I had enough packs and the water thing...now I realise is so important. I feel better today..but was so tempted yesterday...but..I stayed strong. I weighed myself this morning and unofficially have only lost a lb this week..this has got me down as I never vere from the SSing path and if I have only lost a lb I might as well eat as I do'nt see why I should starve for a lb weight loss!
I officially get weighed tomorrow and I just hope I can get to the next 1/2 stone mark, but, I don't have much faith in that!:sigh::sigh:

The postman delivered my lb of body fat after I weighed myself this morning and that sort of made me sit up...gross...if that is not an incentive to stay on it I don't know what is!!! I am going to put it in front of the TV so everytime a food ad comes on I can stick my fingers up to it. I hunted it down on ebay..it cost £18.75 plus £4.25 P&P. Well worth it if you ask me. What an incentive.

Anyway that is enough rambling from me..speak to you all later.

Back