'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Well done Lorna, 5 lbs is great, fabulous weight loss so far, I have my WI tomorrow hoping to get into the next stone bracket. I will update you all tomorrow afternoon once I get weighed.
Keep up the good work!!!!!

Well, my motivation kept up but i hardly seemed to achieve anything. Ended up bulk cooking, made 2 massive lasagnes for the family. My mom has surgery soon and will be unable to do much for a good while, so trying to prepare for her. Why do some things just seem to take so long....! Giving in on the cleaning and going to do some Wii fit instead. Good luck with the WI tomorrow Nicki. Hope you're all well xx

Good morning all!
Hope you're all doing well and managing to stick with it. Up since 5am this morning thanks to my demon daughter! Only went to bed at 0.30am aswell! (watched the film- gran torino with clint eastwood in- loved it!) Luckily beginning to feel benefits of diet and have more enegy than ususal so quite happy and positive. Off to go shopping, then in work tonight for my sins. Good luck with all your WI's. Keep smiling xx

Hi Butterflies,
Just got back from my WI, I have lost 4 lb and have lost 24 3/4 lb so far in 5 weeks....only got 3 1/4 lb til' I have lost 2 Stone:bliss:Hopefully lose that by next WI. I am so pleased.
I must get to the gym every day and stay focussed.
Woke up this morning with a really sore throat this morning..hope I'm not coming down with anything..really can do without it...can't even suck on a strepsil!

Just tried to update my tracker but can't figure out how to put in the 1/4 lbs as it is saying 24.2 lb lost when it should be 24.75.....Any ideas!!!!!

Well done Nicki, you must be chuffed! Hope your sore throat does not get any worse, I have to confess its one of those pains that turn me into a baby, i whinge an awful lot. Just got caught in the rain - where has the sun gone! Worse still i had left washing on the line. Still, I'm off to get ready for work and have a kip, so OH can sort it out. Oh heck, i've got to have a shake first. Do any of you find it a struggle or forget to fit all your shakes in? I don't really fancy one now but have to, else wont fit them all in... xx

I know what you mean Lorna about sore throats....I am a big baby too..I think it is one of the worst pains ever...can't work out what is going own as it is only my throat that is sore and a little tickley cough, I've got no runny nose or anything and I don't feel like I'm getting a cold....never mind...I'll live!

I struggle also with the shakes etc...I am just not hungry and I forget to have them all at regular times. I am supposed to have 4 but usually end up only having 3, 9 times out of 10. I am very good with the water though and do have at least 3-4 litres most days.
I have brought extra tetra packs this week and have just popped a chocolate one in the freezer, apparently it is supposed to be really nice like a chocolate icecream. Hoping it is gonna work wonders on my sore throat later.

Hi all xxx Sorry I haven't been around for a while my Laptop broke and has been at the repair shop! ;-( then they wanted £100 to fix the bloomin thing and only been able to afford it today!

I hope all are ok and losing those pesky pounds! xxxx

Very belated happy birthday Nicki x

Sorry if I havent been a good groupie so far! But I promise I will be better support now my compu is up and running again! xxxx

Hello Devilishandsweet,
Nice to meet you at last, looking forward to hearing all about you and looking forward to spurring each other on with our weight loss. Hope them pounds are shifting themselves in the right direction. So glad your laptop is up and running again....don't know what I would do without mine.....it would be like losing a leg!!!

Hi everyone!! Sorry I've been quiet for a bit - came back from my holiday which was in Germany visiting one of my best friends, and then dashed down to the coast weds/thurs and today on my nice relaxing day off I managed to destroy a piece of my bedroom furniture just by looking at it and so spent most of the afternoon at IKEA spending money I don't have to get shiny new furniture - cuz obviously if you have the drawers you need the wardrobe and nightstand to match(!)

Anyway - I don't officially start CD until Monday - was meant to be Sunday but my CDC worked out the number of days wrong... but I'm trying to cut back on carbs the next 2 days to avoid the headacheystuff next week. I weighed myself this morning and through my holiday I've gained 2lbs from when my CdC weighed me so I thought I'd post my official starting weight today:
13st 11lb :sigh: not my worst but not my best...

Fingers crossed next Friday I'll be much lighter!!!

It's been really great reading everyone else's stories so far, and I really hope I don't disappoint you with sticking to this diet! I am really determined but you're all doing so well - hope I can keep up!

My motivation for sticking to this is my Birthday this year - I'm goinbg to be 22 but using this year as a makeup 21st as it wasn't all I'd hoped.... I'm seeing Rocky Horror and then The Backstreet boys in one weekend and in this pictures this year I don't want to be the fat girl and the fat friend, I want to be the smoking hot birthday girl that is sexier than anyone! ;)

So I know a little about everyone but I'd like to know a little more. These are silly questions I ask anyone new to me:

1.) If you were an Animal what would you be and Why???

2.) What is your favourite colour???

3.) What Season do you prefer???

Mine are:

1.) A wolf.... whilst I am perfectly fine on my own, I prefer to be part of a pack and love moonlight and the night.

2.) Green, the colour of money and grass....

3.) Autumn... love the colours and the storms that mark the end of summer....

Hope everyone is ok!!! I should be checking in more now that I'm back to normal!

Lori xx

Guys, I have some bad news I'm afraid. I'm having to leave the team as my husband and I have decieded not to do the diet at all anymore. I was finding it ok but he was so unbearable that we were arguing none-stop and as I know that I cannot do it alone, I'm coming off it too. Sorry to mess you about and I'm lucky to have met such nice people!

Good luck with your diets

x

Oh Kate, sorry you've had such problems, its been nice to know you and i wish you every success in the future. Hope you find a plan thats right for you and hubby, and that you find happiness in yourself - whatever your size etc. We are all diferent and have to do whats right for us, and obviously that involves the people we love. If ever you do come back, or even stay in minimins it would be nice to hear from you if you wanted. All the best hon, Lorna xx

Hi everyone, Hope you're all well and coping with things.
Nice to hear from you devilishandsweet and lori. We have a p.c upstairs but my OH bought a laptop for work and its all we end up using as its so convenient, can carry on doing work round house etc and just pop on when i want to in between jobs, get really p'd when he actually takes it to work!
Glad to hear you've had a good holiday Lori, but i share your feeling about shopping. It doesn't matter how skint i am, i cannot turn down a bargain. Have been to Alton Towers today with family, had a fab time - and i'd like to think the miles walking round the place might just help with dropping a few pounds (fingers crossed). But my OH couldn't come as he was at work and my DD stayed with her grandad (bit too young for it yet). I'd saved on entrance fee, and no food bills, but then had pangs of guilt so bought pressies for them to take home and spent £20 on photos! (fool!) CD still going well, no major problem. Miss chewing a bit so may get some bars this week. Good luck for your first day Lori, you can do it!, and if you struggle hopefully together we can help you get through!
Hope the sore throat is getting better Nicki. I may just try the choc tetra ice - need to get some more this week.
Going to post our weight losses tomorrow early afternoon, (its my weekend off work). Can you let me know your losses caramelcherry and devilishandsweet please? Cheers.
Take care all, Lorna xx

ah newmarks that is such a shame that your OH struggled so much, but i think its great that you're sticking together and I know you'll find something that works for both of you. Will be a shame to lose you from the team tho so keep in touch and tell us how ur getting on!

Oooo Alton Towers, I haven't been there in aaaaagesss. Is Oblivion still there and did you go on it??? I reckon you'll have burned loads of cals walking round which im sure will show in ur loss this week. Athlough i saw a really interesting fact on a tv show a while back, u actually burn off more calories the day after excersising, not when you're doing it....there was a load of sciencey stuff behind it, but apparently the body works that way.

I'm quite excited about starting tomorrow, but I can't deicide which flavours to have! I got one of each milkshake flavour, 2 normal n 2 apple n cinamon porridges, and then 4 soups, but i can't remember what flavours...

I think I'll have to shakes and a soup tomorrow and I'm thinking I'll have the toffee and walnut one and mebbe strawberry and cheese n brocoli soup...but i feel very spoiled for choice!!! Compared to lighterlife when I only really liked 2 flavours of shake and 1 bar, this is very exciting!!!

What flavours do anyone find best and have you got any mixing tips???

Hi all,
Have posted results of team loss on weekly challenge thread. Unfortunately only had 2 results so not in the running this week. Still, I'm sure we can do better next week, hope everyones coping ok?
Alton Towers was just fantastic, oblivion stil stomach churning....The AIR ride is out of this world, its a rollercoaster and you are held face down like superman! It was quite busy being the weekend, did have to queue, but hardly more than 30mins. A day is just too short to be able to get round everything though. Well, heres hoping today that walking is paying off, does that mean i can sit down and relax now?!
As for the shakes, my favourite is the vanilla, which i half, and add 1 teaspoon of coffee, crushed ice and blend till smooth, -a lovely frappe! Or it can be used as a coffee whitener for hot coffee. i love the choolate mint one, hot before bed, or its nice made into mousse. I have to say i detested the porridge with a passion, (although i know some people love it) and felt the same about the cheese and brocolli soup. All the other soups i like. A blender is a must - i tried doing it just with an electric whisk and it was all lumpy. Good luck tomorrow Lori, hope it goes well.
Got to dash, staying at my folks for the weekend and i can hear my DD giving her Nanny a hard time! xx

eep! Air sounds hairy scary!! But I still bet i'd love it!!! Technically i think the programm said that if you did sit down and rest today, then you'd be burning more cals than you normally would because of the excersize yesterday! :D

I loved vanilla on LL I had it everyday and it did get a touch boring after a bit.... I'm kinda nervous about the soups cuz the first week of LL i loved them, then after that I couldn't stand them even a bit... so I thought I'd try cheese & brocoli first as its not a soup i'd normally have so won't know what it 'should' taste like. Fingers crossed.

I can hear my Dad preparing a mamouth roast dinner for this evening...he's one of these, this is your final meal types, it has to be huge... :rolleyes:

Hi all xxx

Been another hectic week for me and I'm STILL at work now so clocking in on my 65th hour this week! But I don't mind it helps me not think about food! Plus the overtime money!

NEWMAKS- sorry to hear that......I wish you luck for the future x

In regards to my fav packs, I love vanilla and like butterfly said I put some coffee in with crushed ice ( some people add a sweetner)! Hmmmmmmm I think I will enjoy these even when I finished dieting!
I can't stand the porridge nor soups, I don't know why but soups have never been a thing I could stomach!

Sorry for not getting back to you with my weight result........I'm really slacking aren't I!

I've decided to only weigh myself every 2 weeks because before when doing this diet if I had a small loss it would really demotivate me and I ended giving up! So hopefully the 2 weekly weigh in will combat that!

I haven't tried mix a mousse yet butterfly is it any good?

I hope everyone is doing well I fitted into some size 24 trousers today ( 6weeks ago I was a tight 28) it's amazing what losing even 2.5stone can do! I've still got a long way to go but it's a good start!

1.) If you were an Animal what would you be and Why???
Pet Dog-sleep when you want get excited by going for a walk and being pampered!

2.) What is your favourite colour???

Bright Pink- I feel this is an uplifting and vibrant colour

3.) What Season do you prefer???

Spring-Like the colours of the new flowers and it seems fresh!

Hi again,
Can't believe you've clocked in 65 hrs this week, what do you do exactly. You must really enjoy your job, wild horses wouldn't get me to do that many hrs in my job. Thats a good idea to weigh in only every 2 weeks, i'd consider that if i started to slow down, its so easy to get hung up on the scales when we all know that even if the scales don't show a loss it is still shifting. Lets face it -nobody can survive on 400+ cals a day and not lose. I have to admit I'm a terrible scale hopper - suprised i haven't needed a new battery yet! You've done so well with your losses, it must be fantastic to start dropping down the sizes, although you'll need the overtime to keep up with a new wardrobe!
I have to confess i've not had the best weekend, stayed at my folks all weekend. Its always been somewhere where i have 'naughty'food, although i know that sounds wierd. Haven't had all my shakes as i should, missed one yesterday and today have only had one so far. But i have 'tasted' food as i've been cooking for them and had a mouthful of Chinese chicken rice! I'm thoroughly disgusted with myself, and i have no idea why i've done it. Plan to put a stop to it straight away. There, done. NO MORE!!!! I do miss tasting food that i'm cooking though, find it impossible not to almost. Apologies if any of you are offended but i have to confess that i will sometimes taste the food in my mouth, but spit it out! (sorry, i know thats disgusting, but i don't want to eat it!) Does anyone else do wierd things to try to avoid food?
I reallylike the chocolate mint mousse, as advised by my cdc you put a scoop in with the powder mix of your choice and mix it really well, if you don't the gelatine stuff goes all gloopy and horrible apparently. Only add about 150ml water and blend for 30-60 seconds. Pop into dishes and set in fridge, or they do in 5-10 mins in the freezer. I tried the choc/orange and just found it too much, feels all tingly on your tongue and i find this flavour too overpowering.
Well, despite my intentions I've hardly sat down all day so heres hoping that will balance the forkful of roast dinner! My backside is now off to find the nearest sofa, heres to a 100% monday! Take care all xx

Hey devilish...i think weighing every 2 weeks is sensible... I can't do it cuz i'm a complete scale hopper, but i think i'll have to try it cuz I know my loss will slow down if not be very slow after the first 3 weeks

I liked ur answer to my Animal question... it does sound like a very good choice, much more relaxing than being a human!

butterfly - don't beat yourself up completely over the mouthful of food... yes it isn't good for the diet and you shouldn't do it, but don't get down on yourself for it... it was a mistake, you've got it off your chest and admitted to it, and the best thing about mistakes is learning from them!!! as for your 'tasting' I know of people who have done it on LL and its not affected their losses, personally I couldn't do it tho becuz i think the temptation would be to much for me! I try and avoid food by only watching BBC channels- sounds stupid but to watch the adverts on ITV etc sooo many of them are food and I seem to notice them sooo much more when I'm dieting!!

Back