'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Hi all!
I'm lurking for a bit while i wait for dad to get back from h-tal. Drive there a bit hairy, i live in a country area so just have no experience of city driving. Had to negotiate way across b-ham which was just not very nice at all, and some idiot beeped me for 'cutting him up' when he was the prat who needs to learn lane discipline. Grrrrr.... a little road rage was in order, but the toned down version 'cos daughter in car! Mom ok though which was a relief.
Congrats Guru on the loss, doesn't it just feel fantastic! My mom had been telling the nurses about my diet and they had seen photo of me my mom had, glad to say they didn't realise i was the same person, they may well have just been being polite but i was chuffed nonetheless.
Good on you Lori, sure you may well feel shitty for a bit but you were brave enough to do it, better than carrying on just for the sake of it, for both of you. I think i'd have had a comfort treat aswell, but at least you can start again, don't be so hard on yourself.
Got to go already, take care all xx

Hi guys,

Well done all for you losses.....keep on going! xx

Angel I'm glad you have got that all over and done with, you must feel so much better! Don't worry about that cheese burger (although sounded very nice) ur back on the wagon now and probably won't even effect your weight loss! x

Butterfly I hope your mum is on the road to recovery.....gosh we've all had a couple of hard weeks on here, haven't we!? I agree bout the road rage, I'm the worst one for it....esp when people beep at me when they are in the wrong that really gets my goat! x

Sarah I know what you mean about photos, everytime I see one of me, I just think.....bloody how, I didn't realise I was THAT big!

Oh well maybe it's a good thing.........gives me a bit more motivation!

Working nights at all moment....which I perfer doing as no management in! lol

Here's to a great 100% weekend for us all! xxx

Hi all, just a quickie as about to go off to work. Hope you are all doing well. So far i think I'm losing this week, do you know when you can just feel it coming off, so determined to be 100% and get a good WI.
Just wanted to say 'wow', your pic on your signature is stunning Claire! (didn't realise you were 'claire' either!) Very sultry looking!! I just detest photos but will have to get round to putting some on one of these days...Happy losing, Lorna xx

aww thanks butterfly, does not show the rest of my body so I don't mind putting that one up! x lol

Love to see a photo of you x A face to a name and all that! x

Hi all!
Hope all well and having a great 100% weekend and enjoying the rare sunshine! Had a lie in after my night shift so only just getting into the land of the living and about to have a 'frappe'shake, should perk me up! I stopped caffeine when pregnant with DD 3yrs ago and ever since have been so much more sensitive to the stuff, only need a couple of strong coffees and I'm buzzing!!
Someone at work who didn't know i was dieting mentioned i had lost a 'load' last night, well chuffed. But at the same time, hardly anyone has commented and i know that i do look quite different now, its 2 stone since my 'unofficial' pre cd weight on my scales. Its funny how its one of those things that people just don't like to talk about isn't it. If it wasn't for having you lot on mini's and family it'd be a very lonely journey... i love this forum. I'd never joined one before but lurked on a few and have never seen anywhere so genuinely supportive, friendly and caring, and it goes without saying that the fact that you can be just totally honest is amazing. Wierd how we can 'talk' to a bunch of strangers about stuff we hardly have the nerve to say out loud to people we know. Ok, gushing session over....
Off to visit mom, joyous 2hr drive. Got to run round like an idiot now and hoover/clean and pretend I've been really busy before OH gets back from shops to discover I've just been lurking on here! Doing well since WI, feeling really motivated, getting ino smaller clothes in wardrobe has helped!
Got to go, take care, keep up the good work, Lorna xx

Hi again, Lori - just checking if you have a loss for this week for the challenge? No worries if you haven't or want to wait for offcial WI. xx

Hi butterflies!
Hope you're all well. Got the results for the week, all doing fantastic. Posting on challenge now as in work later.

Angelchaser - no WI - 184
*butterfly* - 3/192 - 1.56%
devilishandsweet - 4/330 - 1.21%

Guru - 3/271 - 1.11%
Nicki-M - 6/284 - 2.11%
Sarah - 7/224 - 3.13%
Team - 23/1301 - 1.77%

No stopping you Sarah! Well done hun....xx

Well done guys another good week! x

confessional....

Hi all,

Have had a pants few days, i fell completely off the wagon - why is it that friends feel they need to medicate you with food... i've had people flat out refuse to take no for an answer and telling me not eating because i'm upset will only make me ill.... part of the problem is i'm not telling pepole about cd so excuses have been difficult. i'm so ashamed of myself... actually having had loads to eat has made me feel worse than the break-up!

I'm seeing my CDC tonight and we're gonna talk about restarting. so worried abuot what the scales will say, really don't want to step onto them! I sometiems just wish i wasn't so weak willed! bah! sorry again guys! I realise this is the second time i've fallen of the wagon, really am sorry for being the weak link!

Moving on...

Congratulations Sarah on being the biggest loser on the team again! Everyone's losses look fantastic this week! well done!

i'm so chuffed that someone has noticed your losses Lorna, its such a motivator!

Hope that everyone is doing ok and having a good week!

I'll post later with my post wi weight.

Loz

Hi all,
Just thought I'd come on and post a quick hello as have been unable to get on the computer due to my nightshifts this weekend.
Lori, climb back on that wagon girl....and don't let anyone feed you for comfort...stay strong!!!
I have told people that ask about CD and I don't care what people say...if they hit me with a negative comment..I just tell them it is my body and this is the only way I can cope to lose weight at the moment...abstinence is the best way forward for me and look it is working for me as I am 1lb away from 3 stone in just 9 weeks.....my body..my life!!!
I have also noticed a big difference in all of my clothes...having to wear belts with all my trousers as they do not stay up on their own....I am hoping I can stick out not having to buy new ones for as long as possible because just haven't got the funds at the moment. I will just wear everything baggy at the moment and hide the weight loss and then when I eventually get new clothes people should start to notice.
I have just bought a lockable tin and I am going to put £20-£30 per week in it so that I can have a massive shopping spree in 4 or 5 months time...that way I will have the money without burdening the family finances. I can't wait.
The team weight losses for this week are looking great...keep up the good work....over 1 & 1/2 stone between all of us....well done us.
I don't feel like I have lost anything so far this week and will be disappointed if I have finally plateaued as I want this weight gone now! I am also getting weighed on Wednesday this week instead of Thursday as CDC is off for a weekend away. I hope I have lost something...I have had no blips or cheats at all along the way and it just wouldn't seem fair.
Anyway speak to you all later.

Hi all,
Again, Loz, you are way too hard on yourself. You know you can do this and you're still here so obviously still wanting to....would it be easier to tell your friends? Just promise yourself tomorrow will be a 100% day and one day it will happen- just don't give in trying.
Like the idea of a mass shopping spree Nicki, I,m just too skint and awful at budgeting to save. (will save any xmas and birthday money 'gifts') Trying to spend less at the moment so can reduce overdraft, then save, so can try for baby no2 and have the full yr maternity leave. At this rate i'll be the oldest mother by the time i manage it. I stayed in some really baggy clothes for ages, every now and then i wear something smaller and it feels so good, its almost better to do it like this i think cos it seems more noticable to yourself then, as well as others, what a boost. Got into size 16 principles trousers the other day, they are linen and tight when first put on but do stretch to fit, that felt fab!
Doing well, (i think) with ss, got that horrible mouth feeling that suggests i'm well in ketosis at the mo. Have to stop scale jumping, they went up by a pound this afternoon and i was a bit annoyed. Will try to wait till WI now on Wednesday if i can, it'll be a good test for myself.
OH off sick at mo with raging ear infection, he is genuinely really ill and suffering, and whilst i really do feel for him i just know that if he wakes in the night with the pain (which is likely) he will feel compelled to do so noisily, so that i know about it. Still, I'm off work for 2wks now so i'll just have to grin and do the nursey bit at home for a while. So, time to catch some zzzzz's before any rude awakening!
Hope you're all doing ok, not working too hard and managing to keep on track. xx

Right damage not as bad as I first thought...

Restart: 11/08/2009
Start Weight: 13st 5lbs (187lbs)
Goal 1: 100% CD for 5 days
Goal 2: Get below 13st

Spent ages talking things through with my CDC last night which really helped. We've really gone over the motivation for doing this, and we're focusing on the fact that if i do this whole re-start week 100% I will be under 13st when I see her next monday! That is the first step and the first target, I can do this, will do this and have to do this!

I'm 10 1/2 stone lighter for having ditched the boyfriend, only have 4 stone to lose now! Thats only 56lbs! Nothing compared with 147lbs of dead weight!

I love the idea of saving up for a shopping spree girls!!! I might join you on that...save save save then wild spending! eek! sounds amazing!

Yay!

I'm glad you feel better now you've spoken CDC, I can't wait to hear that you've hit the under 13 stone mark! xx

Hope everyone else is keeping well.....nothing much to report my end, still 100% so hopefully my weigh in next monday will be a good one after my 4lbs loss in 3weeks! Fingers crossed! x

Im glad we are all on track and doing well ladies! Remember we can all do this and when we are all slinky slim and more gorgeous we should meet up for a butterflies night out.....whos with me? lol! x

well I started yesterday off pretty poor I decided to scale jump and lost nothing so cried lots! I have been 100% also. Then.......I went for my weigh in this afternoon and after my water and porridge I had lost 4lbs :eek: Im so pleased! I now have lost 2 stone in 3 weeks. I am now in size 16/18 s instead of the size 20's I was wearing 3 weeks ago! I havent stopped grinning all day x

GO SARAH!!!!!:woohoo:
Get you..... you'll be a skinny minnie in no time. You must feel amazing, so chuffed for you, sitting here grinning on your behalf in case your jaw has got tired yet! Don't you just love getting into clothes that have been in a reject pile for ages! I got really into it the other day and have found myself making more effort with hair/make up too, I had so let myself go. Bet hubby thinks hes got a new woman! Agree we should do a celebration get together once at goal (as long as i can cheat and have a few drinks!) Does just go to show how the scales can be so wrong sometimes... Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, WI at 9.30am, need 2lb to get the 2 stone loss but secretly hoping for more.:fingerscrossed:

Go Lozza!! Sounds like you're in the right head space now to do this. You can get in the 12's, wow that will feel so good.

Feeling all motivated and happy tonight. Hope all you butterfly chasers are feeling as good, take care xx

Hi all,
:happy036:
Feeling well chuffed as just come back from WI and have lost another 5lb! Takes me to 13st 2lb now. I'm over the moon. Never would have believed such change could happen in such a short space of time! I'm so into cd now, i am desperately going to try for absolutely 100% ss this week now, no 'tasting' food when cooking at all.
Slightly less impressed with my OH who took about 10mins to even ask how i'd got on, he knew exactly where i was going. I know it may not be as exciting for him as it feels for me, but wouldn't mind if he showed a little more interest. Calling him a load of not so nice names in my head right now......
Hope all doing ok. xx

Ooo Claire fingers crossed for your WI next week! Sure it will be loads!

Sarah I am so up for a night on the tiles when we're all a goal! It'd be really great! Well done on losing 2stone in 3 weeks! Its absolutely amazing and a total inspriation!

Lorna! wow!5lbs! Terrific! So buzzing for you! :-D it's exciting! eek!

WEll reading through this thread this morning has really boosted my motivation for 100% ss! I was starting to feel peckish and envious at my collegues going to a posh sandwich bar for lunch, but now i'm thinking mmmm choccymint shake - so much tastier becuz it comes with a side of being a skinnymini soon!

Hope everyone is having a really good day!

Lori xx

Goodmorning fellow butterfly chasers,
Well done Sarah.....2 stone in 3 weeks is absolutely fantastic and well done butterfly on a 5 lb loss well chuffed for you.
We all sound like we are on track and focussed...what a great feeling.
My WI is tomorrow....CDC arranged last week to weigh me today as she was going away, but, her plans have changed and am back to original WI date now....which I am pleased about as it gives me another day to lose more weight hopefully.
I must stop jumping on my scales as they don't seem to move that far and I feel disappointed with myself...even though I know not one piece of food has passed my lips in the last 9 weeks.
I would also love to meet up when we reach goal...although that may not be until next year for me and some of the others. Maybe we could go on a massive shopping spree and buy lots of new slinky clothes.
Keep up the good work girls. Speak soon.

o Nicki! Slinky shopping spree sounds goooooood!

Hope your weigh in goes well!

Just got back from ASDA as my hand blender decided to pack up this morning and I nearly had a heart failure....a must have item on this diet and I definitely wouldn't have been able to survive without replacing it.....I was having a mooch around the nice bras and knickers...I can't wait to be able to fit back into matching bra and knicker sets...and burn the Bridget Jones' belly warmers. I am trying to hang fire with buying anything new at the moment. I am losing my boobs and probably could do with buying a few new bras but I am gonna hang that one out as long as possible....mind you the bras in ASDA are so cheap...around £5 to £6 each...don't really want to think about what sweat shop in India they come from!!

I came home to find my mum had popped in to see me. I see her on average once a week and she said that she can really notice my weight loss now and said I look so much different. She brought her bedding round to hang out on my line as she lives in an apartment and doesn't have one..as it was raining I put it in the tumble dryer for her and as I was getting it back out she said "my god you are even walking differently...she said you are walking more upright and not slouched over anymore". I am having a great boost today with the compliments and it has really put me in a more positive mood today.
I just can't wait til' more people start to notice...I see most of my friends regularly and so they tend not to say too much. I get annoyed sometimes with my husband as he just doesn't know how to pay anyone a compliment and I just think it would be nice sometimes to hear him say well done or you are really doing well.....I might have to trade him in for a younger model when I am slim and sexy!!! My son describes him as a caveman with a remote control..as he only grunts and talks in words of two syllables and is a total technophobe..he can't text, use the skyplus remote, cook or operate any digital gadget, he doesn't have a clue about even switching a computer on let alone surfing the WWW that is probably a good thing though. He is however very good at housework and his nickname is widow twanky as he loves doing the washing and is always asking me if I want any washing doing...he hangs it out and brings it in and folds it up...he doesn't iron it though...but hey ho you can't have it all I suppose!

Back