'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

I just cannot keep up with you guys at the moment! Its great that we're so lively though. Been browsing other teams and they're all dying...:(. But it means that we are again winners of the challenge :D(as we were the only entry!) Feel sorry for Irene to have to keep doing this when no one can be bothered anymore.

Nex, px, bx ???? All makes no sense at all, but got me scratching a few brain cells trying to keep up. It sounds like shopping, and that just fine with me! Managed to gett DD's xmas pressie ordered today so very chuffed, and a little skint, but can't wait till xmas!

Depends how strict you are being with yourself Shanny, I allowed myself a cheat of a extra dab of orange flavouring every day almost. To use with my vanilla mix-a mousse ao make a cheesecake type thing, Its quite filling, and hits that sweet spot nicely. Kept me away from the fridge on many occassions. I should imagine you are getting into ketosis now, i have never tested, but guessed i was in my day 2, although it varies hugely from person to person. Are you freezing and are people standing back when you talk to them?! :rolleyes:(only joking!).
Pol, lol at your mom pinching your bars! Luckily my OH won't even consider tasting any of mine, so they are safe!
Got to go again, as in work tomorrow again, and feel so tired now. Had another 100% day, which is wonderfully refreshing after nibbling for so long. Scales seem to be moving, but on the down side, so are my clothes. Although i am also amazingly chuffed and happy at the same time. Only have about 5pr of sz12 trousers and they are now getting baggy. Time to hit shops again soon. Take care all xx

Good morning just a quickie! off to work now then UNI this evening so catch u all this evening.!

I went straight to bed with my cuppa WOOW woo i can do it lol.!
I hope we all have a 100% day ladies xxx

Good Morning All,

I'm off to work soon, too. I'm that glad giving yourself an early night helped you "stay out of trouble" Shanny. I wish I'd had a few earlier nights when I was at Uni (but for different reasons lol).

Butterly, What did you order for your DD? And, how old is she?

I bought my 10 year old her own digital camera (it's blue which is her favourite colour). I scrapbook and she likes to try her hand at it, too. We started a dog book for her Yorkie (which I thought she could add to), and I plan give her and her cousin (who is coming for Christmas from Florida) each a Scrapbook to record last Summer's visit to Florida (when we visited her and her family) and this trip. They could call them their 2009 Family Fun Books.

And, Wadpol -- My Germany visit will be the week of February 16th (my daughter's birthday is always during half-term). See if you can book it off -- if you are serious.

BTW: BX stands for Base Exchange (Air Force) and PX stands for Post Exchange (Army) and NEX stands for Naval Exchange (Navy) -- it is what the U.S. Military call their base shops.

MM

Hi all my fellow buttefly chasers,
I am back fighting fit and well....sorry I have not been around for a while and thanks for all of your well wishes..I am feeling so much better....I had to work at the weekend and would have been on before if I hadn't have worked. I have tried to catch up with all of the posts...but there is so many...you have all been so busy chatting away..god it makes such a change..with all our past team members we have really struggled to get good conversations going...just ask butterfly....butterfly and myself are veterans of the chasing butterflies team and have been here since the creation. I just hope we can hang onto all you talkative gals...it is great seeing all the banter going on between you all. I am just loving here reading all your news.
Anyway...I have finally had my WI this afternoon after missing it on Thursday and I have lost a whopping 10 lb woo!!!hoo!! I am so chuffed as I ate bread and crackers last week and still lost weight....I am just 3 & 1/2 lb away from the 7 stone mark...hope I can shift that for next week....or the week after as I won't be weighed until then as am working away for a week from Monday 7/12 and won't get weighed until at least Friday 11/12...that means I am going to be away from my scales for a week, don't know if I will cope without the constant scale hopping.
I hope you are all being good girls and are staying on track, speak soon,

Evening All!

Well done us for winning this week!!! Don't see a problem with us winning by default each week!

Mel - I am serious, if you are! Will need to check diary at work though. Have a sneaky feeling that it is when the chap who works for me is on a course, which means that I will have to be in office. Will check on Wed when he's back in.

Nicki - really great news that you are back in the land of the living and well done you with your WI. Am sure you'll hit the 7 stone mark by next week - that really is brilliant. I'm just wondering if I'm ever going to shift this first stone.....

I am sooooo cold today. I really think that we should only be allowed to SS during the warmer months! Much easier to drink more water when it's not so parky! I thought my cottage was cold, but have come back to work and the heating isn't on in my room and I can't speak to anyone about it until tomorrow! Think I may go and do an hour on the stepper, have a hot bath and then get under my duvet....!

Hope you've all had a good day.

Helloo Nikki nice to meet you 10lbssss oh my god that is fab are u SSinggg??

Well done you hun.

Well been to UNI failed today had a packet of crisps, bit fed up now still had my shake this evening.!
I was everyone eating away, in the canteen.! anyway must be better till satday now.!
This is what happened last time i gave up after eating a bag of crisps.!

MM/Butterfly/pol how are u guys doing today.xx

Am good thanks Shanny. Much, much warmer after an hour on the stepper (must reduce my bottom!)

Am not a crisps kind of girl, but now really craving them.....!!

Hi Nicki-M,

Glad you're feeling better. Congrats on the whopping ten pound loss! That should make us winners for certain next week -- if we do not win by default, again! LOL

I had a not great day at work... not terrible, just not great. But, then I had a lovely phone call from a friend in the States; she'd been decorating her Christmas trees (yes, plural - she has a huge house and does four full size trees!) and got to thinking about her gang back here and how much we harrassed her about her holiday zeal! So, that made the day so much better.

After the call, I kept my promise to get off my bum and do some exercise -- I went to aquafit. I am pretty sore right now -- but it is a good sore. Been okay with food -- but I had to really fight coming home from the pool and feeding my face. I am always so hungry after I work out. But, I had a decaf coffee and helped my daughter with her homework instead. Now, I am too tired and too sore to bother to eat. Going to try to go to bed soon. Early day tomorrow.

MM

:talk017: Go Nicki!! Hell of a way to shift it, but my od thats hell of a few pound closer to the next stone. May as well be a silver lining to your crap week. Good to see you back on form, and i couldn't agree more, its nice to find such good team members again!!! I love this team...:grouphugg:
Thanks for clearing up my confusion Mel. Loving the scrapbooking idea, that is so sweet, and will be lovely to look back on... May steal that idea when i get a bit of time...?
Have bought DD a childrens dolls house, with all the bits.
Wooden Doll House - Sophies House
It started off as a cheaper one i found in Asda, but has now turned into a much more expensive one, but it is beautiful and i figure it will stand the test of time much better, so can then be passed on. My family are getting her a few accessories too. But that will be it, no more- do not want her to have everything under the sun. Not sure who will be more excited.:D
Keep your chin up Pol, you're doing so well. Its not as if you are cheating, if followed, this diet can not fail. It just feels horrible waiting for those results sometimes. I've had the odd stone which i seem to have stuck in for ages, so know how you feel. Well done on the stepping, more oomph than i can muster at the moment!:rolleyes:
One packet of crisps is a miniscule binge in the grand scheme of things Shanny, just pick self up, neck the water, and you'll soon drop those pounds. Don't let it be the start of a nibbling frenzy like i used to...:eek:
Had ok day, have continued 100% all week, (which for me is amazing) but......I did get so p'd off today with an incompetant idiot i was left to run the ward with, (which led to me being 1.5hrs late) that i ate 6 of the thorntons chocs that were bought in by a patient.:doh: So, bit annoyed with self.... but not too huge a problem in the scheme of my whole week, and scales still being very kind so trying not to beat self up. They were 30cals each, so its just like having a 1200 day i s'pose.
Speak soon, lets keep it up! xx

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all having a good day. I am sticking so far, but it is pretty easy as I bring my bar and flavoured water with me to work -- and you have to be registered in a computer system to use the cafe (fingerprint technology) I have not (on purpose). Can't be weak... I guess I could mug a student for their sweets.

MM

Afternoon girls!

Butterfly - lucky DD! I'm sure she'll love it. I always wanted a proper old-fashioned wooden doll's house when I was young; the type where you buy miniature wall paper etc..... I ended up having a doll's house cake shop instead - bit more affordable!

Re the chocolates, surely you can now afford to have the occasional treat and not be so strict with yourself - more realistic of what life is going to be like after CD.....

Mel - Well done you for getting to aquafit last night. Love the scrapbooking idea. When I used to stay with friends in Greece as a child, my way of passing time whilst they all went for a siesta was to do a double-page spread of each island we visited on the boat. I found them in the attic the other day!

So how has the day been for all of you? I knew that so many good back days in the row were too good to be true. Could hardly walk earlier and back was spasming pretty much all day – not fun. Anyway, managed to run out of the office early and spent an hour in a very hot bath with a magazine, so feeling a bit better now. Having said that, I’m already tucked up in bed, thinking that I really need to try and get third meal down me... feel quite sick with the pain and so not in the mood for eating, but know I must...

WI tomorrow. Don’t feel that I’ve lost anything this week, although I know that when I jumped on the scales over the w/e I’d lost 3lbs. Also my work skirt is considerably more roomy than it has been recently, so hopefully I’ve at least lost a couple of inches. Suppose I’m feeling a little despondent today, so need you lot to tell me to buck up!

Last edited:
Hi Pol,

Sorry you had a bummer day. What do you think about going to Germany over Easter break? Would that work better for you? We're liable to have better weather. Our stops would be Ramstein area, Stuttgart and Obergammergau (and if there is somewhere you've not seen or have would like to see again -- we could put it on the list). I think we'd be staying with my German family (people from my dorf) and two different American friends of mine.

MM

Mel

Easter is probably not going to work. Being a singley without kids means that I get to work whilst my colleagues take school hols off, so at the moment I am getting the last week in March off and the Bank Holiday w/e.

How's your day been today? You didn't mug any kids then?

Sorry for being whingey earlier....

Pol

Hi Pol,

It's okay to complain... we can all relate. Thanks for asking about my day. I had a normally very appreciative student behave quite oddly. It was worry and a disappointment, but hopefully whatever trigger his behaviour will get sorted. And, the tree is up and decorated -- so, my DD is quite pleased. Time to move on to the other decorations, and holiday prep.
Bummer that you can't do Feb or Easter -- as I work in a school and can only be away during school hols.

MM

Godd morning all,
Sorry not had chance to post yesterday, popped on to do diary but then it was v.late and had other stuff to do. As it was didn't get to sleep til 130 and DD decided to wake at 5 as usual, did get her to snooze till 630 though so can't complain too much!.
Went shopping for xmas trees yesterday, and failed, so going toget today when she is at pre-school.
Did manage to buy 3prs of jeans in the sale, size10's all of them,:eek:. Its unbelievable really considering i have never known life less than a sz 14! Need to do constant reality checks on myself, and it feels amazing. I have dieted all my life and never achieved this, don't give up girls....... if i can do it, anyone can, its so worth every hungry or craving second!
Off to WI today, not looking too bad i think. Got to dash and get ready. Hope everyone is having a good morning. xx

Hi Butterfly, et al --

Tree is up and DD decorated it. Looks very similar to my avatar, as it is the same tree and decorations. Funny story about this tree -- I may post it later. People with sons, esp. teenage ones will appreciate it. Early day at work, so I need to be off. I hope that everyone has a great day!

MM

Just back from WI. Only 3lbs down this week. Feeling really bloated and yuk - can't even begin to tell you all how much pain I am in today. CDC thinks that whilst I'm in pain, I will retain water - not sure whether that is right or not. Anyway, at least more inches gone from my hips/bottom, so at least that's not too bad.

Hope you're all having a good day. Off to physio now....

Talk to you all again later.

Back