'Chasing Butterflies' - Team 7

Secondly ive been a good girl just busy with UNI work handing it in today tonite ooh boy that was a hard essay lol.

Ive had a terta now drinking coffee wi on sunday morning hoping for atleast 2-3 pounds off.

Have a good day.x

hi Shanny,

Glad you got it -- Sorry it took me so long to find it and get it sent out. It looks like you are doing really well. Congrats. Good luck with school, too.

MM

I'm okay -- not really making a dent in the weight loss. I got out the jeans I want to be able to wear comfortably -- and I tried them on. I am going to get my DH to take a picture of the fat making it impossible for me to zip them, then post it about the house. I thought CG's similar photo avatar a few days back was brave and motivating (for her, I hope).

Let us know how your weigh in goes.

MM

Hello everyone, sorry I have been away so long. I had some unexpected work come up and couldn't really refuse and have worked the last 2 weeks back to back nights and just have not had the time to get on at all.
I have however stuck to plan and have lost 8 1/2 lb in the last 2 weeks so I am quite pleased with that....I am nearly in the 14 stone bracket and only have 4 lb til' I have reached my 8 stone mark.
I hope you are all doing ok...I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet but will get through them eventually no doubt.
I will try and get back on tomorrow for another chat...hope all you ladies are sticking to plan and are not being too naughty, speak soon,

Welcome Back Nicki- Well done. Congrats on the loss and being so near to a goal marker.

MM

:talk017::talk017::talk017:​

Well Done Nicki!!
100lb lost in 33 weeks....almost there now!
Chuffed for you hun, that is fantastic. You must be thrilled. Figured you'd had another hectic time at work....Make sure you squeeze in some 'Nicki time' too! I reckon you should go and buy yourself a treat or do something nice for hitting the 100lb mark.

Hope every one is ok anyway. Sorry been awol for a few days. Had busy few days after last weeks WI (where i lost 2lb). Fell off wagon again, had work away day, so indulged in food provided by posh hotel, courtesy of the NHS.....you don't get anything in terms of recognition or reward for my job...i could not miss this opportunity. But, the binge continued...:(! It was my birthday on Saturday...now a very old 35...eek, where did that come from? Anyway, i ate junk again. Felt crap about things again though, so back on the ss plan since Sunday to shift the excess and try to geta loss this week. Don't intend to continue ss, just giving self a kickstart....again. Its worked, both my head and scales are in a slightly better place than earlier in the week. Feeling happier and more in control.
Have felt v. tired and lethargic though, hangover from carbs i reckon. Eventually seems to be getting better though. Blooming freezing again. I'd forgot just how bad that was.....even more reason to try to get to goal quickly, so we can just be warm again.

Hope everyone is well. Happy losing, we'll all get there eventually, and it will feel great! xx

Hi all,
Just a quick hello. Hope you are all ok and being good, or at least still trying...? My blip seems to have passed at last and i have firmly got hold of the reins agin, and i'm moving forward, or down i hope! Got WI this morning at 930am, haven't checked scales yet, so not sure how its looking. Have managed to complete 4 whole days ss at nearly 100%, only had a taste of a meal i was cooking and a nibble of a corner of a biscuit i had made, which is amazing for me!
Will be entering the danger zone though, my post WI binge...! I am making a promise to myself that it will not happen this week. I'm going to have to move up to 810, so if i am really good, should still stay in mild keto so the pounds will shift more quickly.
Hope you are all ok? Where are you all? Pol...long time no see, hope you are doing ok hun, and your blip of last week is over? Report back later xx

Hi Butterfly -- I broke even this week on the weigh in, so I am trying to go down a plan and see if I can shake some weight off. I was starting to get into a workout a routine, but have a friend in intesive care and his teenage daughter is on her own sitting vigil. So, another mother and I are currently providing a high level of support and we have both asked our husbands to get the "people in charge" on board as to working out some sort of rota. There are a lot of people who could be (and should be) visiting, running errands, etc. (He is an American divorcee and has two teenage children, and the son is off being a 17 year old self-centre boy, and the 18 year old daughter had not left the hospital. Her birthday is Friday -- and she could -- but we won't let it happen -- end up spending it alone in the hospital.

My saga over -- I am still managing to be pretty good, except the water. The drive is long and I am concerned about loo access. I need to make sure I get my water in. "The more you drink: the more you shrink" or so I've heard.

Good Luck with sticking to your plan Butterfly.

MM

Oh Mel, I am so sorry to hear of your friends illness. The poor girl must be devastated, i do hope he pulls through soon. Does the son realise how serious it is? Its such a shame that even if he can't face going to the hospital to see dad (i know some people can be wierd about hospitals) he can't be there for his sister. She's lucky to have you all around to orgainise everything. Sort of makes the general trivialities of everday life and weight loss pale into insignificance when you hear of a family facing such crisis. Sharp reminder to make the most of every day really.
Hope you are doing ok, can understand not really being focused with weight at the moment. Good luck with moving down, but i wouldn;t be so hard on yourself with everything else you are dealing with.
Had WI, and happily lost another 3lb. Pleased with that considering my blow out over my birthday weekend! Moving up to 810 now, have a fridge full of allowed foods and just going to cook tea, ready for tonight- as i am at work - joy! xx

Happy Be-lated birthday! You are very close to goal and I think what you are doing (up and bit back down) is what we call management. So, I'm impressed.

I've never met the son -- but I suspect he is a very typical teenage boy and figures what good is it if I'm there -- I'm not a doctor.

The daughter on the other hand -- had her problems with her dad, but she is mature enough to realise that they (she and the dad) have been given a second chance. She is not about to let him down. so, the a couple of the wives of his co-workers and going to do our best to support her (and him).

MM

Hi all,
Well, still pleased to report 99% record in sticking to plan. Did have a quarter of a biscuit yesterday morning when i got in from work- (have just been in for the past two nights). Not too bothered though, it was better than the half a biscuit i intended to eat, and even better than a full one. Chuffed i managed to resist.
Not sure why, but somehow feeling all motivated again at moment. Whilst i still get urges to have food, i am finding that i can pull on more determination to resist than i have had in a long time. I think, on the whole its partly to do with being sick of dietiing. I really want to get to goal now and get stuck into the hard part...putting all the headwork and plans into practice and starting to learn how to miantain. I now it can be done, there are plenty of examples about. I AM going to be one of them, if it kills me!
Hope you're all ok, have adverised our spaces, but they are mostly being ignored for now...boo hoo! Not too bothered, i would talk crap to myself if need be. It stops me cheating! xx

Hello, just wondering if you guys still have a spot free :). I'm on my first day today and I would love to be part of a team.

Hi Cartwoman and:welcome:.
Great to have you on board. I have found it so useful to have the team thread through my cd journey, and i'm sure the others will agree. As you may know, there used to be a weekly challenge, where all the teams would have a friendly competition for the biggest losers. That died before xmas so now the teams just tend to have a supportive focus. I have always found it useful to come on and talk about how things are going, share our successes and our struggles, and ask loads of questions. I guess i find it easier sometimes to be more open in a smaller group of people who you get to know better. So feel free to come on and waffle away, ask as much as you want, we're all here for each other and will help all we can.
Anyway, hope the first day is going ok? The first few days are always the toughest, as soon as you hit ketosis it does tend to get a little bit easier. CD is a fantastic diet, i absolutely love it. Have lost nearly 5.5stones since 1st July last year. Hit that mark in November, then started moving up the plans, had a bit of a gain initially but before i could settle into losing that through higher plans Xmas came and 4 weeks of eating crap- resulting in a 11lb gain and return to ss to shift it. Now moving back up and have just started 810 again. Got about 9lb to go..i think. (my goals keep changing) and i know i can do it. Just learning that the hard part is yet to come, where we learn to maintain...thats tough, but minimins is great for helping with that too. Theres loads of maintainers to learn from.Tell us a bit about yourself if you want. Whats your main reasons for wanting to shift the pounds?
Enough waffling from me. Still doing well, i have had a mini cheat and ate one chocolate, 2 pringles and about 12 nuts but it stops there! NO MORE!! Have booked in for an extra shift tomorow 10-2000hrs so that'll keep me on track!
Hope everyone else is well. Hugs for a fantastic losing weekend xx

Thanks *butterfly* :)
I guess I've always been a bit heavy, but I once lost the weight when I was around 21 and I was really happy being thin. Then I was done with Uni and started to live on my own, my parents moved to Spain and I found out that the job I had (teaching) wasn't that amazing and was giving me lots of stress. I started to eat for comfort. More things happened in the 5 years after and I gained lots of weight and I seemed to not get it off any more. I met a wonderful guy who is now my husband and I moved with him to England (I'm Dutch) and I'm actually happy here, but the UK has some great chocolate products and take-away so it wasn't helping one bit in me losing weight. Then I talked to a friend of mine who is on the CD and lost 2 stone in 2 months. She was really enthusiastic, so I decided to give it a shot :) And I'm really happy I did. I went to my CDC and I found out that I really want to loose 99lbs before the 1st of November. I'll be turning 30 then and I want to wear a nice skirt and knee high boots. I can't even get into boots right now. :/

I just finished day 1 and I do find it a bit hard, also because I seem to be pms-ing (which explains the headaches and backpaines now) and all I want is food. I stuck to it though and just had my 3 shakes and lots of tea and water. I couldn't help but step on the scale this morning and I already lost 1,5 kg. At least it's working ^^

Today will be hard since I'm going to my inlaws and they will all have roast for lunch while I'm sipping on my shake, but I have to start one day and I will be halfway to my goal this summer.

Hi

I'm Hayley. Am in my fourth week, and lost 21lbs in my first three weeks. I'm doing ok, but sometimes I get a bit down simply because I miss food and feeling "normal". Any space for a newbie in your team?

Arrrggghhhhhh!
Have just spent an eternity writing a post only to lose it. Cannot presently face rewriting it for fear of throwing this blasted laptop up the wall! Doesn't it just drive you mad.

Love to have you on board Hayley, You have not done OK, you have done absolutely amazing! That is a fantastic loss. You must be thrilled. Can you feel any difference yet. I found it took a bit of time, but when the changes started it felt so good.

Understand what you both mean about being the outsider at the dinner table! But, this is just a short time in our lives compared to a potential lifetime of being slimmer and healthier. Plenty of time after this for healthy family maltimes. It will be worth it.

Well done Cartwoman on getting through day one. Keep going, it will get easier day by day. Loads of water really helps to keep any hunger at bay in those first few days.

Back tomorrow xx

Hi all,

well I made it through day 2 even if everyone was eating around me. I really wanted the yorkshire puddings, but once they were gone I lost all interest in the food and I kept drinking lots of water and having my shakes. Only problem is that since I swapped pills now (birthcontrol) I've started to pms and I have really bad pains all over. It doesn't put me in a happy mood but hopefully it's over in a few days and perhaps I won't have food cravings anymore then too. Today is day 3 and I'm going into town to find a shaker so I can properly make shakes at work tonight. Good luck everyone.

Hi again,

Have lost plot a bit, ate some junk at mom and dads house, and have even had a few teaspoons of horlicks powder!.....fool. So yet again , i am tail between legs and getting back on track. Have come to the conclusion that i should just not stay over at folks, visit and run... before the allure of all the food takes over!

Well done cartwoman, doing well. Yorkies drive me mad too. Most people tend to struggle pre totm time i think, and it can cause you to bloat with water, so the sooner it comes the better... may begin to feel better hopefully.

I tend to take bars or tetra to work, every time i try blending shake without using a stick electric blender i can't stand it. Your CDC should sell the cambridge hand shakers, not sure how much they are. Working nights i just take my electric blender and jug with me. Don't care what anyone thinks. xx

hi guys
just found this thread,i think this is the team i joined through zoe the other day.well ive lost another 9lbs.i know it was via LT as i dont start cd until the morning.x

Back