Chatting bubblez

LittleFlutterby

Fluffy lil flutterby :)
Well, i thought i should start one of these them there diary thingies! I know that typing stuff out is theraputic, so at least here i can have my own little chatty space :)

Little intro (in case someone reads this and things "hmm i wonder who this is") My name is Tanya, i'm 23, and i come from The Wirral, which is over the river from Liverpool. I'm a maths student and hope to finish my degree and train to be a teacher.

When i was a teenager, i was a competitive swimmer, representing my county. i was pretty good, slim, fit. basically everything i'm not now lol

I started slimming world, i think, 11 weeks ago, if i counted correctly. I wasnt going to join but a friend of mine started it, and lost a lot of weight, with not too much effort- so i thought i'd try it.

So far- 1st 4 1/2lb lost. My starting weight was 22st 7, and i decided that my target would be 10st less than that.

My consultant is soooooooo supportive, she texts me a lot and checks that im ok, and that really helps. the reason why im going to sw is not just because of the food plan, its mainly because of the support i get. because i can't do this on my own

I have a lot of hurdles. i suffer with acute depression, anxiety, ptsd and bdd (body dysmorphic disorder) which doesnt help with my weight loss, but i seem to be getting there :)

I do the EE program and seem to be doing ok, im never hungry lol.

My target for next tuesday is to lose 3lb, that will take me under 21 stone for the first time in over 4 years, and also my 1.5st award.

I'm also hoping to get slimmer of the month, i was looking at the fridge magnets, and i really want a butterfly one ( i have a thing for butterflies) and i was told that it was for slimmer of the month. not really the most common motivation lol. i didnt do too bad this month, apart from the fact that i had my first ever gain- i gained the same that i lost the week before. but i made up for it and lost 6lb last week. this week, i hope i do good

i have no clue how to do these things, im sure i'll get used to it in time :)

Welcome and good luck x

Thank you Caldil :)

Hi and welcome. You are doing really well and your consultant sounds fab.

You will get loads of support on here - they are a nice bunch of people :)

Aiming for the butterfly is a good idea. I have a lot to lose also and it's these little targets that make the journey seem less daunting.

Good luck.

Thank you Tillymax :)

My consultant is really fab! She's so supportive, i thought after a week or so she'd tell me to stop texting LOL. but she's really kind and is always there to answer my questions and queries!

I've only just realised how many people are actually here- tis very popular!!

i have quite a few "little targets" my last one was to fit into a pretty size 22 dress, by a "christmas party" i was going to last weekend- i made it :) little tight on the chest but it fitted lol.

I'm loving this journey so far :)

Hi Little Bubblez,

Your consultant sounds fab and well done on your loss so far :happy096:

You seem to have the hang of this diary stuff as you are getting replies and I can relate to you and the person you are after reading it. Good luck on your journey and I will keep dropping in to see how you are getting on x

Hi Tanya,

I thought I'd drop by and see your diary, hello! Well done on your losses so far and getting into the dress. Its so nice isn't it, to reclaim garments that didn't fit. Your consultant certainly does sound like a good one - it makes all the difference to have someone who is good at motivating and supporting the group.

This forum is great, one of the friendliest I've ever used, I'm certainly glad I found my way here

Thank you Mini mum and Micci :)

sometimes i have to remember to keep posting, when it comes to blogging and the likes, so hope i dont forget lol.

will do a quick today update in a bit, keep getting distracted by shiny things (dontcha just hate that?? lol)

this dress had been hung up on my wardrobe as an extra incentive for about a month. i wanted to wear *that dress* and im so glad i did :) and the more i lose the better it will fit :D then i will look out for a nice pretty one in a size 20 to shrink into :)

woops- oh looky, i knew id forget! lol

Oh i am BUZZING!!!! seriously- like, i want to run round in circles!

I was nervous about today- i went to a mates for lunch, she goes to SW but has been off-plan all week, and wasnt going to WI today (we both have WI on tuesdays but she's in a different group)

I had a ham salad, nothing else, just ham and veggies. even celery (yuck)

i went to weigh in- and i lost 3 1/2lb! they said i lost 4, but going from last weeks weight to this weeks (written down in the book) ive lost 3.5. either way- i got my 1.5stone award, a smilie face for getting under 21 stone, and SOTW and SOTM

i was ecstatic! i honestly wasnt expecting to get SOTM,since i gained 3.5lb one week.

but 10lb in one month, not bad.

My target for July, 13.5lb~ that will get me into the "teens"- 19 stone- something! wow- i havent been that for about 5 years!

My uber competitiveness is getting ahold of me though, its making me worried. Ok, honesty now. There is a guy in our group who has been there for about a month an a half. in 2 weeks, he lost enough weight to get slimmer of the month. and he's had 2 weeks off this month~ and when he got weighed- he lost NINE POUND! i mean, ive been at home and really good for 2 weeks and only lost 10. i say only, but you know what i mean

jesus- it was scary stuff. well, it *is* scary stuff.

its not like this guy is bigger than me, he really isnt. and i know guys lose weight quicker usually. but man, he keeps saying he's not trying, then gets big losses like that. im not only jealous, but my competitiveness is making things a bit difficult

i am *too* competitive for my own good. even though that is good at times, it can spur me on. its sometimes getting in the way too- resentments and a bit of hatred are just sitting there, and i really hope it doesnt get too much for me

my mental state is really delicate at the moment, my meds are not helping my anxiety or my depression....i really dont want anything to tip me over the edge

but at least, weight loss wise, i am on track- i just need to keep at it. and i will :)

Wow! Well done. You got your butterfly?

Re the competitiveness - you sound like you have an understanding that its not a healthy state of mind to be in. Tbh, I think a little bit can be a good motivator but too much leads to unhappiness when we 'lose' to the person we are setting ourselves up against.

As you said, you are a little delicate right now. Can you back to whoever proscribes your medication and ask for advice?

Wishing you well

Hi Micci :)

Yes!! i did :D i was so happy, it was so not expected, i thought because of the gain a few weeks ago that i would have blown it! I want the flower one next month ;) heehee

My mum brought me up to be really competitive. Because i used to be a swimmer, i had to have that competitiveness. and its just stayed there. I think you're right though, if i'm not careful, it will lead to upset, disappointment and resentment

I've only in the last week or 2 doubled my meds (with doctors say so of course ;) ) i'm going to give it til half way through July (2 more weeks or so) and see if there are any changes. it could just be the change in weather, it keeps fluctuating. that usually messes with my mood

Anyhoo- just enjoyed a bowl of strawberries and a banana, with a mandarin muller light- yum! going to call up the local leisure centre and see when i can do a gym induction. might go swimming today too- since i'm going into town anyways (going to pick up my new trainers- proper posh ones (reebok-as opposed to primarni lol) so i will have good foot support for exercising :D

Have a lovely day :)

Hey bubblez - thought I would say hello too...I have no diary as I am trying to keep away from the PC as much as possible :) Only on my work days I tend to post...

Thought I would reply because I am in Liverpool, too! Yesterday I discovered that there is a little snack bar in Liverpool City Centre that sells SW friendly lunches - wanted to try that at one point.

I also suffer from anxiety and depression so I know where you are coming from - But I am trying to get out and about more now and not be in my computer too much as it makes me feel drained after a while.

I am sure you will be successful - which group are you going to may I ask? It's probably on the Wirral I guess but would be curious anyway :)

Hey bubblez - thought I would say hello too...I have no diary as I am trying to keep away from the PC as much as possible :) Only on my work days I tend to post...

Thought I would reply because I am in Liverpool, too! Yesterday I discovered that there is a little snack bar in Liverpool City Centre that sells SW friendly lunches - wanted to try that at one point.

I also suffer from anxiety and depression so I know where you are coming from - But I am trying to get out and about more now and not be in my computer too much as it makes me feel drained after a while.

I am sure you will be successful - which group are you going to may I ask? It's probably on the Wirral I guess but would be curious anyway :)

Hi Judy :)

Ohhwhere is the snack bar? I study in Liverpool, and i tend to mope around the city centre every so often, would be good to go there for a little look

I go to a Wallasey group, it's not far from Liscard town centre, it's really good. the 5pm one, that i go to, is really busy most of the time, well, about 20 people at least. i love it!

i have to rush off, was meant to go shopping hours ago lol. have a gym induction at 7.45 so have time to go to Birkenhead, go home, get something to eat and head back out again. thats the plan anyways LOL

Thanks mini mum :)

thanks Judy too :) will check that site out

I like Wallasey for sure. Liverpool is too busy for me, too many people running around

and i would hate to go to a different group too, i dont think id go to a different one. I went to the afternoon groups a couple of times, even though it was the same consultant (thank goodness) it was too quiet for me. not enough ideas or motivation :\

so 5pm on seaview road (or is it 5.15?) either way- that is definitely my *home* group ;) heehee

oh- guilty confession time

i had half a slice of meat feast pizza, and a few left over crusts

dammit- i feel kinda guilty :(

ACK! I am just feeling so *blah*

my poor feet are KILLING me :( most of today i walked in my comfy new trainers too:(

induction at the gym went ok. the instructor was a bit of an idiot...and some people didnt clean the machines after them (gross) but it seems ok

a girl that goes to the weight and lifestyle management club i go to was there, so at least i know that people i know go there. might see her next time im there

im thinking tomorrow should be a rest day....to let my feets get back to normal :\

quick update

had lovely scrambled eggs on toast fo lunch- and heading to the swimming pool. its only open to the public from 3-3.45 (its on a bit earlier but i missed those slots :( so imma go now, hope i dont miss the bus!

i love this new me :) so full of energy- even when im in pain (my feet still hurt :( )

lil update

i went swimming yesterday but didnt last long~ 11 lengths and had to stop...the pool wasnt laned and i cant swim like that

went the gym today, only managed half an hour- but half an hour is better than nowt.

i use myfitnesspal, and it keeps telling me ive not eaten enough...going to have a mugshot then just accept that i might not be eating enough for them LOL

i feel really fat, i have done since yesterday. granted im not as self conscious as i used to be, but i mean i really feel fat. like i havent lost any weight...i dunno...this competitive thing, i just want to beat that guy who can lose lots of weight without even trying :(

*ranty rant rant*

Back