Cheaper alternative to Lipotrim?

vortigern

Hi,

Started lipotrim today, and think I'll do ok on this diet as I've done a Ketogenic eating programme before.

I was just wondering however...I've just analysed the nutritional information including vits and supplements in each shake and there is technically not much difference between lipotrim and the protein powder I used for weight lifting if I add in a multivit.

Has anyone else tried the diet with something like this as the cost implications are enormous. If they haven't, I think I'll do lipotrim for a week and swap over to protein and let you all know how I progress sticking to exactly the same diet with a different product.

I'm not knocking lipotrim by the way as it seems to be brilliant for so many people, it's just not cheap!

Not sure how much Lipotrim is but if you are looking for a cheap alternative have you considered Exante? Its a TFR and it costs £25 p/w if you buy the month bumper pack. There's a forum on here if you want to find out more.

Good luck.

or even the new-you diet..check it out ,im doing it and theres a few others doing it.... its cheaper and has a wider range of products.hth

its a shame you cant get it on prescription really isn't it!!!
It is expensive - my Hubby thinks its a con - I hope I prove him wrong.

Ive told my hubbie it is 30 a week - he will have a fit if he finds out, it is a pity because Ill only be able to do the TFR for a few weeks as a kick start because I wont be able to afford it till the end, but I might look at some of the other options people have mentioned her

I was having LT on private perscription from my doctor for £27 a week, I don't know who much it is from the pharmacy without a script but people seem to be paying different amounts.

Hi - I pay £32 per week for my supply from the chemist -- I just justify this by saying its £5.00 per day -- b4 i started i used to get a breakfast bap, a costa coffee and then a sandwich for lunch -maybe a diet coke at work -- then there was my tea when i got home - so that would be definately be more than £5 per day for my food !! Also at night i would be having a bottle of wine, maybe a takeaway, chocolate treats - So I don't think i'm spending any more on this diet than i used too on just food !! and the benefit is i'm now losing weight. !

:eat::7834:if you work out how much you would spend on food for yourself, alcohol, eating and drinking out, snacks, takeaways, lunches and coffees out you will probably find you are spending a lot less on lipotrim! i think its the shock of handing over the £36 quid in one go that does it! x

Have a look at the avidlite website, they have cheaper options than some of the other TFR diets, but you have to make sure if you purchase from them that the products you want are Meal Replacement products as not all of their products are x

I think it's more expensive in Ireland than the UK which isn't right.

I'm finding the actual LT a lot lot cheaper than what I would normally spend however!!!! I am buying a lot more pampering stuff (lovely!) more glossy mags (for fashion I can actually wear!!) and more clothes than ever before!!

So in real terms (as the polictians would say !) Its more expensive but then (as l'oreal would say!) we're worth it!!

36POUNDS!...yep this country is a rip off...here in dublin i was paying 67euro a week! which for me being a student was wayy to expensive..thats why i swapped to newyou.x

can you get it on private prescription then? interesting.

I have been paying £33 from my chemist. 14 maintenence sachets cost me £20

which chemist? mine has told me its £38

hi ya i pay 27 pound from my doctors pharmacy its in devon , i do beleive its different areas for some reason has different prices , although i do find i am better money wise since doing lipotrim i have been able to afford the trips to cinema for the kids where as before i cudnt

that seems a bit unfair doesn't it if we're all getting the same products. I went to my Gp and he didn't offer a private script so I guess I can for get that.

we have a pharmacy attached to the drs surgery , but my friend who was with another centre had to transfer in to my drs so she cud get it, it does seem really unfair, especially wen some ppl pay nrly 40 pound for it, makes you wonder who decided the price cos obvioulsy it cant be set by the lipotrim company so surely its the chemist xxx

I pay £45 a week and there is no way that I would have spent that on food for myself beforehand, I don't mind so much though as it's still cheaper than LL.

Its been mentioned on this thread about the avidlite website. Ive used it myself and service was fab, would recommend it.
I had a really hard time with the soups the last time round and couldnt get them down so was short of a meal every day! I just continued to drink the shakes i had, and ordered a box of 7 TFR shakes to make up for the soups. I actually found them nicer than the lipotrim shakes and they are very reasonably priced.
I would consider using these products as a TFR diet, but i do find that i have more encouragement on LT as have weekly weigh-ins, whereas you would be on your own with avidlite.
This is a fab support group for LT and i know it works.
But yes - there are cheaper alternatives, but cheaper is not always better when you weigh up the pros and cons! xx

Back