Cheat Meal

audfen

Does anyone have a cheat meal once a week. I only heard of it on biggest loser families last season. Shannon was explainibg abt cheat meals to Lara. I was wondering does anyone do this once a week.

No idea what a cheat meal is, or who Shannon and Lara are, but if you mean a meal off-plan, then I think quite a few people do this after their weigh-in.

I don't personally because I believe the word 'cheat' infers I'd be doing something with the express intention of depriving someone of something - and to go off plan would only mean I was depriving myself of something that I've been striving for.

Also, if you feel that having a meal off-plan is 'cheating' then the whole concept of re-educating the way you deal with food hasn't worked and you're basically just 'back on a diet'.

That's what I feel anyway.

Minimunchkins said:
I don't personally because I believe the word 'cheat' infers I'd be doing something with the express intention of depriving someone of something - and to go off plan would only mean I was depriving myself of something that I've been striving for.

Also, if you feel that having a meal off-plan is 'cheating' then the whole concept of re-educating the way you deal with food hasn't worked and you're basically just 'back on a diet'.

That's what I feel anyway.

I feel like this, and to say my food is so gorgeous on SW, I can't imagine what I would want to cheat with? I still have a Chinese within low syns anyway. X

i don't call it a cheat meal and i don't have it once a week.. what i have is a 'naughty day' and thats one day every three months to have anything and anything i want for dinner.. silly thing is i normally pick something on the healthy-ish side (but garlic bread/extra chips and a big gooey choc cake and ice cream ;) ) .. but knowing i have that day coming up, i think it helps me stick closer to plan (i'm never 100% on plan but around mid 90's)

if i didn't have something to look forward to, i think i would have snapped and had a full on binge, then who knows what .. sometimes it's good to be a little naughty ;)

I can understand the reticence with a word like 'cheating' or 'naughty'. Perhaps it's our guilt playing on our minds a bit.

I think indulgence is a good word. That way you can still take responsibility. Afterall if u havent earned indulgence (like i hadnt yesterday) we have to work harder dont we.

This is of course assuming that u haven't built in anticipation of a smaller loss/small gain.

We all know what we need when turning this into a lifestyle and if a few indulgence days are what u need then so be it. Obviously we just need to modify our expectations in loss etc.

Kirstles x

Malc-D said:
i don't call it a cheat meal and i don't have it once a week.. what i have is a 'naughty day' and thats one day every three months to have anything and anything i want for dinner.. silly thing is i normally pick something on the healthy-ish side (but garlic bread/extra chips and a big gooey choc cake and ice cream ;) ) .. but knowing i have that day coming up, i think it helps me stick closer to plan (i'm never 100% on plan but around mid 90's)

if i didn't have something to look forward to, i think i would have snapped and had a full on binge, then who knows what .. sometimes it's good to be a little naughty ;)

Thats a great idea
Ive totally been off plan over weekend but must get back on track have 10lbs to loose till target xx

Back