Extra Easy Cheating on SW? I don't understand it...

Carthago delenda est

Silver Member
Hi guys,

I see a fair few comments about cheating on SW. Not that I want to cheat, but how can you cheat on this plan? I just can't fathom how, if that makes sense.

Thanks guys :)

You could say that about any food related plan though.

Quite easy to cheat or go off plan on any plan, whether its too many syns/points etc probably too many syns is the most common way to go off plan, and a lot of people do it accidentally.

Or it can be emotional, if people have a bad day/week then they turn to food for comfort and lets face it not many people turn to salad for comfort......

When I cheat, it's basically because I'm comfort eating after a bad event/bad week/because I feel ill/* week. It's not often, but it happens. I think SW is the best thing ever, it doesn't restrict you and I really enjoy food more now than I used to. But times like * week, all I want to do, is eat chocolate. And a lot of it!!

I also have times on a night out, where I just go a bit mad...when the match was on last Friday, I had 5 pints of cider! 5! I know! I've never drank pints of cider in my life!

But things happen. Triggers in life that make you 'cheat'. Maybe you just don't feel like your in the right frame of mind and quite simply can't follow plan.

But then again thats why SW is so good. If you are on * week, and in need of a bit comfort chocolate, you CAN have some (up to 15 syns)...but sometimes those life triggers go off and you just feel the need for more! I can't speak for other people and their circumstances, but that's how I've felt when I've 'cheated'. But then I've got right back on 100%!

Last edited:
Easy Peasy lemon squeezy to cheat I have had a bad couple of weeks, my head has not been in the 'zone' so I have had far more syns than i was supposed to, so as I say easy peasy!!

Yes, I suppose it just means going off plan/exceeding your syn allowance! Or do you mean that it would be hard to go off plan because you can eat so much?!X

Oh right, I understand. I've done this in the past, but I thought that cheating would accelerate weight loss, but in an unhealthy way or something...

OK, so going off-plan, something I'm trying very hard to keep to a minimum - so far this week, I've been an angel :)

i can go off plan just by eating a chocolate bar - im so naughty.

Alcohol also encourages me to forget the cakes and such have syns in!

I think someone who can keep to plan 100% deserves a huge gold star - cos i cant stay on track 100% for much longer than a week before i get tempted to stray! x

Oh right, I understand. I've done this in the past, but I thought that cheating would accelerate weight loss, but in an unhealthy way or something...

OK, so going off-plan, something I'm trying very hard to keep to a minimum - so far this week, I've been an angel :)

If you've been an angel, you'll be rewarded!! Well done, hope you're enjoying!! And Ellebear, stop being naughty!!LOL!X

its evil.....esp champagne! makes me forget all about SW and syns hahah x
Ooh yes! Mine is wine & cider. If I'm out with the girls and they suggest sharing a bottle of wine..I'll say okay, just 1...and end up sharing 3 :rolleyes:...cider is the worst...it's sooo easy to drink, that I drank 5 pints last Fri night...eeeekkk!! x

i dont have cider much - i really try to avoid wine - and tomorrow will be a battle to avoid Pimms!!! lol!

Hot sunshine - pub garden + world cup = disaster.

I might have to do diet coke!!! lol x

Same! I've decided to stick to a pint of diet coke when I'm at the pub...and if we win, I'll have a proper drink. COME ON ENGLAND!! Haha x

I think someone who can keep to plan 100% deserves a huge gold star - cos i cant stay on track 100% for much longer than a week before i get tempted to stray! x

I'm so glad someone else feels this way. Even a good weightloss the week before doesn't always help motivate me, and I sometimes feel that I should have more will power to stick to things. :( :sigh: :(

i dont have cider much - i really try to avoid wine - and tomorrow will be a battle to avoid Pimms!!! lol!

Im sure I read somewhere about mixing balsamic vinegar with diet lemonade to make fake Pimms.

I didn't understand at first why people would go 'off plan' either, but SW really encourages you to change how you eat forever, and that can be scary. It's very easy to rebel against it from time to time, until you've accepted the change. In fact I'd say it's completely natural to do so!

It just takes time for the real change to happen in your head.

I always thought of cheating as not syning certain things-cooked fruit for example-and not just going off plan.
Maybe it's because I don't have much of a social life or I'm not that tempted by certain things, but I find it quite easy to stick to plan 100%. Although I will admit that I will have a flexi day for a special occasion or days off plan when I go away :eek:

I have a pretty hectic social life so I "cheat" a lot. We entertain a fair bit and that's where it falls down for me.

My cheating is going off plan. It's oh so easy for me to do!

Back