Cheating...

...not that I am going to but just wanted to know ppls thoughts or if they have cheated.

My friends and family keep asking me - but what if u fancied a meal would you put back on weight u have lost blah blah blah - and i dont have an answer?

Anyone cheated? What happened at WI?

xxxx

Hi , I am on the cambridge diet , but i did lighter life and didnt cheat for the 99 days but somepeople in my class did and they would have smaller losses eating takes you out of ketosis and then you have to get back into and have a few hard days again , some people had chicken that keeps you in ketosis but if u can do it why cheat , im on my second meal replacement diet and it is very hard second time round so go for it and do the maintenance at the end somthing i didnt do , I lost 4 stone and put it back on about 3 years later due to some personal issues but if you do it right it is brilliant and the results are great.

Thank you Mariah - did u find it hard to keep the weight off for the years you did maintain?xxx

Hi by about six months later id put about a stone on but still felt great and im sure it helped me get pregnant as i got pregnant about 1 year later i was trying for three months and i was still 3 stone lighter then when what i had been before , when i was pregnant i put on about a stone and a half I had a lot of complications the hospital didnt pick up on and i was very sick , i lost the baby weight in 2 weeks. I didnt go back to work after my maternity leave and since November i have put on three stone but im seperating from my partner and im having a hard time so ive been reaching for the food , I have now started the cambridge diet as im not working i cant do lighter life , It was really good I would say do it , its good for your head and helping you to understand your relationship with food but id say if you stay on for the maintenance you could keep it off for good.

The best advice is to not "cheat" or lapse. You get far far better results when you dont. When you lapse, especially if it is something high carb you tend to put back your water weight and glycogen, which can either result in no loss or a gain. This can be very disheartening especially if it has been a small lapse but with he wrong foods.

Lapsing when you start doing it can also mess with your head. One lapse often snowballs into not being able to get back on track. Trust me I had a patch of serial lapsing, it wastes your money on plan.xx

Hi I agree with Clara, if you lapse you are going to put some weight on at some point and also the point of the diet is that the CBT helps you idenify your issues so you should find solutions to wanting to lapse, if that makes sense.

My advice, dont do it, it is so hard to get back on the waggon xx

Back