Checking in

abouttime

Hi

Was out shopping today with my Granny, and found it all really tough. Spent time looking at all the lovely clothes that dont yet fit and then walking through the food court and later the food aisles in the supermarket was really difficult. Its not even bad food I want, I would just love some salad, fruit things like that. I am still 100% and intend to keep at it as long as I can but Gosh this really is such a struggle at times :(
Sorry I just needed to get that out, it surprising just how much it helps!

I know how you feel. I find myself watching all the cooking programs now, never watched them before. Shopping is hard especially when you can smell the bread cooking :( but it will be worth it in the end :)

i know but its just a very very long road for me...im feeling like its too long...I feel like I cant lead a normal life when on the shakes....

me 2 yes it is great that i have lost 2 stone in 3 weeks . i am not knocking that . but i need other 4 and a half . and the weigh loss slows down from now on xhow long until i can b normal x sorry 2 be a moan

your not I feel exactly the same, I am on hols from school this week and I know when I go back it will be easier as I will be in a routine, i know part of the problem this week is because I am off and sitting around! I need this weight off, really really need it off. I am not happy and I want to be healthier and look good, and to be honest I am petrified!

Hey girls, don't be down! It sounds like you've both got a bad case of the week 3 blues. I've lost 3 stone and I've got another 5 to go so I know how the mountain feels very high. Stick with it cos in a week or so you will really start to notice it. There is no faster diet other than amputation so be strong and suck it up as the Americans say! :D

Agree with Jessie on the no other diet is faster thing. Imagine doing WW instead?! Once you get to goal you'll look back and realise how quick it was! Enjoy the changes as they happen, not wishing it away.

We all go through tough spells but please don't look at it as a whole, take it a day / week at a time otherwise it'll be too overwhelming.
I am a little fed up at the moment too as only lost 2lb in 2 weeks (and not very hopeful for today's WI either) but grin and bear it - what's 6 months out of the rest of our slim lives?! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

cmon guys.... ginagee 2 stone in 3 weeks.... imagine if you were in ww or sw... it would take months to lose.... that is FAB!! and remember guys walkin thru those clothes shops and how MISERABLE you feel when nothing fits and everyone is in lovely light refreshing summer clothes and we're slopin round all hot and bothered in clothes we hate but just wear them coz they fit.... well hang on to that feelin and when you walk thru the food court and feel bad remember how bad you felt in the clothes shop.... put everything into perspective..... chin up and remember its only for a short time and the pay-off is immense... good luck and stay POSITIVE...xx

Thanks everyone, I know all of the above and I am hoping it is week 3 blues, having an early weigh in tomorrow as I have some things to do on Sat and it doesnt suit. I would love to have 5 off as that would be a stone and a half tho 4 off would mean im a quarter of my way to goal so knowing my luck it will be 2 or 3 off!!
As i said when I am at work(I am a teacher) i dont find it tough, but being on hols this week has been, managed the first few days grand but now its tough and thats what I am worried about.
Plus I am away for a week in London on a school trip at the end of June and I cant be doing the shake thing with the kids watching so I will need to refeed and will prob do a shake in morning salad at lunch and very light dinner...but I am afraid of what happens after that...will I be able to go back to 100% or will I want to be having at least one meal everyday. I also love my summer hols as it gives me a chance to get to the gym and pool everyday for 7 weeks but worry that if im on 100% that I just wont have the energy.
For now I am taking it one shake at a time, have no intention of cheating cos its just not worth the hassle..and trying to imagin myself slim but I do find that tough as I have always been overweight :(
Going to get up now and have first shake..have my water for the day all nicely chilled in fridge!
Love to ya all....we can do this!!

me 2 yes it is great that i have lost 2 stone in 3 weeks . i am not knocking that . but i need other 4 and a half . and the weigh loss slows down from now on xhow long until i can b normal x sorry 2 be a moan

notice we both still have around the same to lose...maybe we should keep checking in with each other help keep the other focused tho you might be doing more of that than me!! LOL

I know how you feel. I find myself watching all the cooking programs now, never watched them before. Shopping is hard especially when you can smell the bread cooking :( but it will be worth it in the end :)

Ha ha ha didnt know anyone else did that. i thought I was just odd. its kind of like a deliciuos torture but you still feel smug for staying 100%:p

no i do that too, though I have always loved come dine with me!!

notice we both still have around the same to lose...maybe we should keep checking in with each other help keep the other focused tho you might be doing more of that than me!! LOL
yes thats a good idea ill keep u 100% i live in belfast as well there will 2 more slim girlies this summer x lol gina:)

Back