Cheeky P's Yummy Scrummy Food Diary

I'm popping my head sheepishly around the door. Screwed up overall today :(:(:( hopefully back to my usual bubbly, positive self tomorrow.

Think a detox is in order - Off to look at F&H

If it's any consolation, I think a lot of people are struggling at the moment. January is the worst month for everything: getting back on track after the Xmas indulgence, getting the exercise regime going, dark nights, wind and rain etc.

I speak for myself when I say that I need more "comfort" food at this time of year. I was good as gold from August to the beginning of December but since then it has not been so easy.

When I am like this I just look at one day at a time - it is the same approach I used to break a drinking habit.

Right first thing I've separated my 150g of Kettle crisps into Porton with a points value of 5pp

I've done the same for my galaxy chocolate. I got a huge bar for Xmas so I've broken them into 35g weight/5pp and given my hubby loads.

My chocolate is in a box with my Riples and safely in the fridge. This means hubby knows not to touch and I can safely have a portion without guilt.

I've decided to do follow F&H but Im pointing everything. I'm aiming to each meal as green as possible.

I need to get myself focused on eating good foods and forgetting snacks. I have tweaked the milk to semi but that's cos I'm not wasting money on two lots of milk in my house

Breakfast - Porridge, semi skimmed milk, banana and cinnamon (5pp)

Lunch - small wholemeal roll, 2 x laughing cow cheese and pickle (6)

Dinner - Cottage Pie and extra veg

Snacks - Milk for Tea
Banana
Apple
75cl Water
2 x Chunky chip cookies (6)

That's it so far!

Last edited:
Right first thing I've separated my 150g of Kettle crisps into Porton with a points value of 5pp

I've done the same for my galaxy chocolate. I got a huge bar for Xmas so I've broken them into 35g weight/5pp and given my hubby loads.

My chocolate is in a box with my Riples and safely in the fridge. This means hubby knows not to touch and I can safely have a portion without guilt.

I've decided to do follow F&H but Im pointing everything. I'm aiming to each meal as green as possible.

I need to get myself focused on eating good foods and forgetting snacks. I have tweaked the milk to semi but that's cos I'm not wasting money on two lots of milk in my house

Breakfast - Porridge, semi skimmed milk, banana and cinnamon (5pp)

Lunch - small wholemeal roll, 2 x laughing cow cheese and pickle (6)

Dinner - Cottage Pie and extra veg

Snacks - Milk for Tea
Banana
Apple
75cl Water
2 x Chunky chip cookies (6)

That's it so far!

That's my kind of day - sounds great! X

Looks good. Ive not had proper chocolate all week. Woukd love a ripple right now x

How was the rest of ur day cheeky?

Ummmm it involved a few too many points ha ha ha BUT I'm not freaking about it this time! lol

So back with my plan (I'm back at work which is a good time to get straight)

Looking back at this week and reflecting the difference between week one and week two. I think the thing that helped put me on this rocky road was having so many weeklies so early in the week. I've realised I'm better having a few extra good days (dailys only) in the first few days which gives me more weeklies nearing Friday.

My new tatic this week is that I'm gonna try the below

Tuesday - Daily only
Wednesday - Daily and about 7 weeklies
Thursday - Daily and about 7 weeklies
Friday - Daily and 14 weeklies
Saturday - Daily and 14 weeklies
Sunday - Daily and 7 weeklies
Monday - Daily only

It means that two days I'm only going to have dailys which hopefully i won't feel too restrictive.

I think that these days will have to be PP days, so that I can work into a snack. I know that deep down I will struggle without a snack so better include them.

Today's menu is

Breakfast - Porridge made with Milk and Banana

Lunch - homemade potato and leek soup with sandwich thins

Dinner - Chicken breast with Charlotte potatoes and lots of vegetables.

I'm also going to try and make sure i have my diary intake so i'm taking in 200ml of Milk to start off with and try and fit in a yogurt.

Let's make today the proper restart!

Lisalu - how did you get on?

Thinking about having a well balanced diet, I have been doing some research and I've found the suggested portion sizes for each Food Group.

Now I havent pointed anything yet. I have two plans. The first is based on someone on 2000Cals (women) and the second is 1600. I think its a marvelous and really want to adapt it to my lifestyle

So here is the breakdown 2000Cals

Starch Foods aka Carbohydrates 8
Fruit & Vegetables 5-8
Meat, Fish & Proteins 3
Dairy 3
Fats 3
Extras (100 cals each so about 2pp) 2

There is an adjustment for 1600 cals which is

Starch Foods aka Carbohydrates 6
Fruit & Vegetables 5-8
Meat, Fish & Proteins 3
Dairy 2
Fats 2
Snacks - sparingly

I am currently at work at the moment, so cant go into depth with what are recommended foods with portion sizes (I can do that tonight if anyone wants more information) but I am really going to try to make it fit in within my day.

Now I know that if we were all to follow the F&H list generally we will eat a balanced diet, but I like facts and I like knowing that I am doing it properly!

Last edited:
Today's menu is

Breakfast - Porridge with 180ml Semi Skimmed Milk and banana (6)

Lunch - homemade potato and leek soup (2) with sandwich thin (3)
Activia Intensely creamy yogurt ( 3)

Dinner - Chicken breast ( 2) with Charlotte potatoes (2) and lots of vegetables

Snacks - 28g Snacks a jacks (3pp)
Sandwich thin and jam (3pp)
2 x Lindor Cookie chocolate ( 4)
30g kettle crisps ( 5 )

Felt really hungry hence the snack a jacks and bread/jam xx

Last edited:
Weigh in........

Today I've lost (yes I had to get on 3 times :)) 0.4lbs!!

I'm rather chuffed as I didn't think I'd get anything this week, but obviously as much as I was bad I had just done enough.

Now this week I need to get a grip and focus more as this week can still catch up with me.

So onwards and downwards xx

Back