Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I think most of the people who lash out like that in my place are just rude people who are used to bullying and getting their own way! But, yes. Absolutely vile behaviour!!

Have been in work this morning and it was sooooooo busy!! We kept on running out of cat or large dog kennels so had to do some kennel swapping. 2 poor cats ended up in dog kennels and the bunny we had in ended up in the isolation ward. Just mental!
I managed to do one whole assessment with my mentor :rolleyes: I gave oral medication to a doggy. Who was actually very sweet and only spat it out once ;)
We just didn't have time to do anything. And she's on kennels all week so doesn't know if she'll have time to check my work :( But I did briefly talk to her about maybe misinterpreting the guidelines, but she thought the same as me. So hopefully I can submit what I've done. Fingers crossed anyway!

Anyway, yeah, work was crazy busy and I was so tired anyway coz I barely slept last night. But I came home wanting to walk the dogs. Was supposed to be a quick one each but 20mins each turned in to an hour and 5mins in all! Oops ;) Really bloody tired now.

Going to pick my friend up from work soon and we're doing a double at the cinema. Iron Man 3 3D followed by The Place Beyond The Pines. Really hope I don't fall asleep :p Need to stop at Asda on the way home too!

Have had a BIG lunch and will take some fruit and a cereal bar with me for the films. I prob wont get to have my tea till about 11pm. Curry and rice tho. Nom nom!x

Wednesday food: Green Day + 15

Breakfast: Weetabix, banana, maple syrup, and hazelnut milk (Part HexA1 + HexB2 + 0.5)

Break at work: Chopped peach and kiwi with a Shape.

Lunch: A jacket spud, 2 Quorn burgers, 3/4 tin of bbq beans, cheese, gherkins, beetroot, salad, pea shoots, and a tiny bit of dressing (HexA2 + 2)

Cinema: Chewy Delight (HexB2) and a Caramel Freddo (5)

Tea: Free curry from the freezer, Mild Curry packet rice, cottage cheese, and a handful of pea shoots.

Drinks: Coffee. Lilt Zero. Squash. Diet Coke. peppermint tea.

Syns used: 7.5
Syns saved: 27.5

Exercise: A very busy 4 hours at work.
1hr 5mins/3.2miles dog walking MapMyWALK 8 May 2013 14:55 in Liverpool, United Kingdom | MapMyRun

Last edited:
Just been doing some research on the Thyroid UK site. I'm going to call my Dr's tomorrow and ask if they can send me my results or if I can pick them up. saves me making an appointment to see my Dr just to ask for what tests were done and the levels and stuff. Means I can research more before I actually see him! And know where I stand.
BUT even thyroid UK say if the tests are normal, yet you're showing all the symptoms (sub-clinical) then they recommend a trial of the drug anyway!
I don't want this illness. But I want to either rule it out completely or get some bloody treatment. And not be fobbed off at the first hurdle, you know?
The site also says that un-treated hypothyroidism can actually cause damage to the heart and arteries, leading to angina and heart attack!!!! Not good news for a heart patient, I can tell you!!! What if this is why I've been getting chest pains recently, now that I've started exercising again?!! Rather terrifying, I have to say :cry:

Anyway, a bit of studying and then bed. Actually going to bed and not doing something else like sorting out my other wardrobe lol! Actually feel much more tired tonight. I think yesterday I was running on adrenalie.

I know what you mean- if the trial meds did work it would be a big relief I bet! Try not to scare yourself too much though- internet self diagnosis is dangerous in that way!! The internet tells us a lot that Doctor's don't I think, partly because the chances are very minimal often, but we read the sh*t online and it's really scary! But anyway, good luck analysing your results when you get them, sounds pretty cool to be able to do that before you chat to him!

Awesome that you've felt motivated with the course recently and that you did your first aid pamphlet :D yay, well done! And for all the house work/bunny cleaning etc on top of it- super woman!! I think the good weather gives us motivation and hope :D also, when there is better light in the house from the sun, maybe we see more of the filth and get inspired to hoover? haha... I think that is the scientific origin for 'spring cleaning' anyway ;)

Sorry I've neglected your diary this week! Have been uber lazy with minimins diaries recently :/

x

P.S. What films did you see and how were they? :)

It's not online self-diagnosis Tetris, I would never do that. But I also know an awful lot about conditions like this. The site I've been using for info is a charity set up to help thyroid sufferers and to help with diagnosis and treatment options. A bit like the British Heart Foundation for heart stuff. Not a random site :)
I haven't got round to calling to ask about my results yet. I just haven't been able to. Phone calls are a massive anxeity issue for me and I just haven't been able to do it. so bloody stupid :eek:

I did the first aid leaflet aaaages ago! But I had to make a first aid kit, take pics, and write a bit about what was in it and why. Was tempted to write "Read my f*cking leaflet!!!" ;)
I won't get any work or study done today or tomorrow. But I didn't get a chance to come up with an action plan with my mentor, so my own plan is to finish the reading and look ahead at what exams, assignments, or practical stuff will be coming up. Then I can further read and study around that.

Tbh I always, always clean!! I'm the only one that does. but it's hard to do when people are around. So whenever I have the house to myself, even if it's just an afternoon, I generally clean and tidy somewhere that's been p*ssing me off. It's damn hard work, I have to say. Especially with having the animals to look after, work, coursework, etc... But if I didn't do it we'd be on one of those reality tv shows about hoarders!!!

I went to see Iron Man 3 in 3D, coz I'd not seen it in 3D yet. The film alone very much stands up to a third watch, I still laughed at all the stuff, saw some new bits, got all tense and angry and stuff. It is most definitely my favourite IM film. The 3D was pretty subtle and not in your face "THIS IS 3D!!!" but also fairly pointless. I'm not really a fan of 3D anyway, but yeah, it didn't add anything to the film anyway.
We also went to see The Place Beyond the Pines, which I've wanted to see for aaaaaaaages! Our Cineworld has it on a short release with very limited viewings. Dear Lord that is a long film! Quite slow in places too. BUT I did enjoy it, it kept me interested and actually pretty tense throughout. It surprised me in a lot of ways too. And the acting was fantastic!! Not one I would re-watch at the cinema, I'm surprised I don't have pressure sores ;) But yeah, a great film and I'm glad I've seen it. It is long though and very talky and intense and a bit slow. Not for the easily distracted ;) Was a beautifully shot film as well.

Stopped at Asda for the last of my Mum's birthday stuff - a nice big bunch of flowers, sweeties and chocolate for the cinema, a card, and a small cake. You gotta have cake!! Picked up a few foody bits on offer like Pasta N Sauce and Quorn sandwich stuff.

Came home, had my nommy tea, and watched an ep of Arrested Development. Far too tired and full to be doing crunches or arm exercises, so will call it quits for the day. I have walked 6.5miles in 2 days, so I think that's alright ;)

Picking Mum up from the airport tomorrow then we're back to Liverpool for Mexican lunch at a new place, kill some time in the city centre, and then to see Star Trek in the evening :D

Had better go to bed really. Did not sleep well last night and I have to get up "early" for a day off tomorrow. Night all.xx

I mean 'self diagnosis' in a loose way, not literal. A lot of people talk about how easy it is to look up symptoms for a virus and end up thinking you're terminally ill through the net! And psychologically it is even worse- everyone thinks they have schitzophrenia!
But yeah, I get that you're using a proper site and stuff, I just remember a medical student telling me how people often freak out unnecessarily because of internet research.

Wish I'd seen the other Iron Man films, sound really good :p I wanted to see the Place Beyone the Pines but that director did Blue Valentine I think? Which was a horrifically slow and dull film, so I was nervous about seeing it.

Enjoy your Mexican! What are you going to have? :) x

Oh I feel so gloomy today and got a crappy headache. Meeting a friend I used to work with for coffee in a bit, so hoping that will help. Going for low syn food today as I'm pretty sure she's going to talk me in to vegan cake ;) And we have the Mothership's birthday cake too :rolleyes: Resisting Mum's birthday chocolates tho!

Yesterday I had a Weetabix Oaty before the drive to the airport. My Sister made me a coffee :D

At the Mexican I had

FETA FLAUTA

Feta, spinach, basil and black pepper wrapped in a large flour tortilla and baked, topped with chilli jam and sour cream.

Roasted veg enchilada (the veg was weird that they chose and didn't go at all!) with half rice and half fries.

CAJETA

Biscuit base, chocolate toffee centre then topped with Savina’s secret cheesecake mix.

The dessert was SO nice! But really really thick and heavy. Nommy tho.

I had some sweeties at the cinema. Then a crisp and cheese butty when I got home. And a couple of biscuits
:eek:

Hey Tetris!!
Oh I know what you mean, I see people self diagnosing brain tumours from headaches and all sorts of silly things. I'm really sensible with medical stuff and only look for the facts and stuff. It helps that I've studied some human medicine as well as working in veterinary and studying for years!
I am sensible, I promise :) I am starting to feel desperate though because I am so sick of feeling the way I do and getting worse and worse and never better. It's exhausting and I'm sick of fighting just to keep the few little good things I have going. When all I really want to do is hide away :eek:

Anyway, like I said. A bad day today so I'm not going to go on coz I can already feel myself getting upset. Going to get ready to go meet my friend and try to cheer the f*ck up!!

Lunch today was a jacket spud with cottage cheese. 2 Quorn fillets with cheese on wrapped in Quorn ham. Salad, pea shoots, beetroot, and grilled cherry tomatoes. used enough dressing to syn today so 0.5 and half a HexA for the whole thing. Not bad eh? ;)

Had a lovely catch-up with my friend. I had a small vegan pineapple and coconut cake. Sort of in between fairy cake and cupcake size! And I just had coffee, when I really wanted hot chocolate :p But then we went to Costa and they had the coolers on offer BOGOF. I just looked up the one I had (orange and raspberry) and it was a massive 320 Kcals. F*ck me :eek: That's horrendous!!! I had no idea it would be so bad :cry:

Oh well. Had a 1 syn tea, so that'll help. Had ratatouille, Quorn mince, pasta, cheese, purple broccoli, and 1 syn worth of dressing.

Also had 2 Alpens (HexB1) an Activia snackpot. And some broken bits of Mikado. Maybe about 4 whole ones worth. Turned down a piece of birthday cake :)

No exercise today because I feel really drained and exhausted. Hopefully back to it tomorrow :) x

Last edited:
So, I can finally say. My little Sister is getting married :D :character00250:

Have had to keep that quiet for two weeks lol!! So pleased for them, and only a little (a lot) jealous :whistle:
Will be an excuse to buy something nice to wear anyway. Thinking a Phase Eight dress ;) They're going to plan the wedding for in a year or two.x x

Sorry you had a bad day! Did meeting your friend help?
Congrats to your sis! Find a lovely dress- you deserve it! Use.it to.woo.a fine bachelor at the wedding ;) hehe.
Mexican desert sounds yum! Veg enchillada is like the lowest syn wrap om the menu so that's good- shame we both had shoddy enchiladas this week though :S mine wasnt great either, felt.like a waste of syns. Epic that you turned down bday cake!! And that tiny vegan cake was probably not too synful because no butter and such?

Hope you have a nice weekend :) x

There wont be any bachelors at the wedding. There'll hardly be anyone there lol! If my Sister had her way they would elope and have no reception :rolleyes: But John would like a small wedding, so compromise it is. It's likely to be a very small wedding in either the town hall or St George's hall in Liverpool city centre. Followed by a reception, probably at the really cool place Camp and Furnace - the one with the board games ;) But it's likely to be within 2 years :D

I would hope I wouldn't be going as a single person by then!!

In a purely selfish way, as majorly happy as I am, it has really made me realise just how lonely I am and how much I want to be with someone. I've been single for over 8 years now. I've done a fair bit of dating over the years (like just 1st and 2nd dates) and had two very very short disastrous relationships last year. But, yeah, I am totally over being single and I'm fed up!! All I want is a nice guy who doesn't need me to look after him and can deal with his own finances and who wants to get married. Not much to ask is it? ;) Oh and he MUST like dogs. That I would never compromise on!!!

The enchilada was ok. But the roasted veg was onion, peppers, carrot, and broccoli. That's not Mexican/enchilada veg!! Wtf?! The starters and desserts were lovely though.

It was nice to meet up with my friend. But I came home absolutely exhausted, had a Raynauds attack from standing in the cold, and yeah, just felt really tired. I was brave though and got there early and had a coffee and read my nexus for a bit :) That's probably what did me in!!
The vegan cake surely would have been classed as one of my five a day, just from a moral point of view. Surely?! ;)

Have done some studying today. Realised one of the "exams" I've said I'm almost ready for has to be passed with 100%. Who does that?! FFS! So studying that. Feeling the itch to get out though so I may walk the dogs in a bit. Feel really restless, but tired, and weird today. Quite gloomy and 'heavy' :confused:

Saturday Food:

Lunch: 2 Linda M sausages, crispy potatoes, half a tin of spaghetti, mushroom (baby portabello's!) yellow pepper and cheese scrambled eggs, wholemeal toast, and fruity brown sauce (half HexA1, HexB1, + 1)

Tea: 1syn sausage casserole from the freezer with cheese & onion Smash, new potato roasties, sprouts, purple broccoli, picallili, and lingonberry sauce (2.5)

Snacks: Chopped strawberries with broken up Lemon and Cherry Alpen's, a cherry Activia, and 1tsp of maple syrup (HexB2 + 0.5)
A single finger Time Out (4) and a Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: 11

Exercise: 1hr15min/3.7mile walk between the hounds. http://www.mapmywalk.com/routes/view/206855475
Cleaning the bunnies.
25 crunches, 25 push-up's, and 25 tricep dips. Thought I'd better get back to it. Not done any since Tuesday :eek:

Last edited:
Had nice long walks with the dogs. Took Ellie up on to the trail, which I don't usually do because there isn't much space to get out of the way of dogs. But luck was on our side and we didn't bump in to a single dog! Just a few people on bikes :D I do like taking her somewhere a bit different, hard though when you do have to avoid doggies and kids with grabby hands!!
Took Dave off in the opposite direction and we managed to beat the rain by 5 minutes! While I was sorting out the bunnies there was a short downpour with hailstones!! :confused:

Have had a nice shower, decided what to have for tea (I had a sudden craving for cheesy Smash ;)), and just studying the rest of the lecture I abandoned half-way through before (29 pages of definitions!) and just about to start the 'common surgical procedures' one. Then tea and fillums!!

Not a bad day really. Still feel like my head is very heavy and headachey. But still, at least I got some stuff done eh? :) x

Ellie on her walk

She loves running up and down the embankments!
Liverpool-20130511-00219.jpg
I love the way the trees grow in, so it looks almost like a tunnel!
Liverpool-20130511-00220.jpg

Hyperbole and a Half Depression Part 2: Hyperbole and a Half: Depression Part Two

I almost cried reading that. It is pretty much EXACTLY how I've been feeling since October. Just, well, nothing! I've felt numb for years, but this utter hopelessness and inability to get excited or happy about stuff has been getting worse for a while.

The "Not today. I've got legs motherf*cker" bit almost had me crying with laughter tho LOL! Please read it if you have the time :) x

Hyperbole and a Half Depression Part 2: Hyperbole and a Half: Depression Part Two

I almost cried reading that. It is pretty much EXACTLY how I've been feeling since October. Just, well, nothing! I've felt numb for years, but this utter hopelessness and inability to get excited or happy about stuff has been getting worse for a while.

The "Not today. I've got legs motherf*cker" bit almost had me crying with laughter tho LOL! Please read it if you have the time :) x

Haha I felt like I was reading about myself!
I went through the 'I don't wanna die but I want to end this nothing-Ness' last week, the day before my birthday I tried so hard to get excited but nothing was happening.. I do go through phases though where I'm incredibly numb one week then hyper and excitable the next.. its tiring lol.

X

Loved the hyperbole pt2! The whole nothingness thing hits close to home with me too, except I could still feel utter sadness while experiencing the nothing that provoked it for weeks on end. Lol

I think the way she writes and is so open about it will probably help a lot of people to realise that what they're feeling, or not feeling, is actually pretty normal for depression. It sucks, but you're not alone in feeling like this.
I tend to feel numb or anxious most of the time. I remembered how badly I felt before my birthday party. I was SO anxious and nervous and actually dreading it :confused: But then I feel like that about meeting a friend for coffee or walking the dog. So it's pretty normal for me. I'd love to get excited about something again! Even the holiday left me feeling numb and anxious :( Stupid brain!

But, anyway, I love hyperbole and a half :D

Btw today is birthday cake and dowry cake day. So lotsa cake. No point me doing a food diary ;) I have a Quorn escalope that needs eating too and they're pretty high syns.

But next week I'm going to do low syn days to save for Saturday. It's my fake brother's birthday and we're going for food and drinks and the cinema. Then me and a friend are going to the gothy club we like to have a dance and basically look at boys :p So syns aplenty. But I would feel better about it if I had a low syn week to save toewards it :)

Just watching the Emporer's New Groove :D

Oh Tetris, I watched the Tree of Life last night. Dear Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you seen it? it took 'arty' to a whole new level of sh*t :p 2 and a half hours of my life I'll never get back.... x

Back