Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hey dude!

I'm so glad you and Erin had each other- sounds like you really were each other's fairy godmother/jimmied cricket etc!!

Lego shark- what a cool find!! Lego is such a fab idea to take your mind off things but bet it was just effort by that point?!

You are such a champ for getting through that- amazing that you didn't cave in for at all! And when you are stuck in bed with not. Uh to do, probably makes you even munchier!
Can't believe you did it- mega well done!! If someone suggests you retake it, slap them for me!!

Glad you liked the slippers, thought they were so cute :D I got myself some owly ones at the same time so we are like long distance slipper buddies LOL. X

Hey matey!

Nice to "see" you :)

Yeah I'm so glad I got on with Erin. The first two nights the 4 of us got on really well. There was an older lady doing a longer version of the Cushings test I had back in the summer. Remember I had to have bloods, take a steroid in the evening, then go back for bloods? Was that ward as well! But she was doing a 3 day one. Her stayin in was pointless! She had bloods at the start then had to take these pills every 6 hours, but didn't have further bloods till the end of the test 3 days later :confused: Anyway, she was really nice and there was a woman from A&E who was having liver issues, had had surgery over the weekend, and was also due dialysis (not sick at all....) And they were both lovely and we had a laugh with them and they were quiet sleepers ;) But once they were gone and we got new people it went a bit down hill.

The shark is awesome! Lego is so bloody expensive now. So glad I found these super cheap ones. Yeah it took us ages and ages and we were so confused doing them. Our mental function just seemed to seep away hour by hour. There was one bit where a nurse had disturbed me to take a glucose sample and I couldn't find this important piece. Looked for it for about 10mins getting frantic. It was already attached where I wanted it! I knew I hadn't built it properly but did the best I could. When I got home Mum had a look at it and I'd put the 'arm' fins in the wrong place and there were a few other bits wrong. I just couldn't make sense of the instructions and my coordination was all over the place! So bizarre! Supposed to be for children aged 6+!! :eek:

I am likely to just punch someone in the face if they want either test redoing! In all honesty, just no. They had this shot and that's it.
But I would consider doing some 24hr fasts for like short detoxes and things. The first 24hrs wasn't bad at all and I reckon I could cope with it quite well now. But no longer than that, it's just torture!

I love the slippers so much and it was so sweet of you. I proper misted up ;) And very glad that we're slipper buddies!!

I managed half my pizza tonight and some chips. Had 2 Thorntons chocs and almost half a Hotel Chocolat Tiddly Pot. But, that'll do pig. Feeling sick and light headed and wibbly again. So much for my weekend pig out eh? Probably for the best and I'll tell you what, I am seriously appreciating whatever food I have right now :)

Have had a Steve Carell-athon today. Have watched both Despicable Me's, The Way Way Back, and Crazy Stupid Love. I'm going to make it my mission to tell as many people as possible about The Way Way Back because it is such a sweet, feel good, funny film. Steve is an absolute b*stard in it (pretty damn hot tho ;)) and such a change in role for him. But the film is just lovely! I saw it at the cinema and it was part of the film bundle the ex brought round for my hospital visit. And I've been promised the dvd or Blu for my birthday :) So yeah, everyone watch it if you can. It will make you smile!

Might just read for a bit while my room heats up a little. Reading this book recommended by a friend of mine called The Goldfinch. Started it in hospital and I honestly kept reading it even when my eyes were streaming and I could barely keep them open and my head felt like it was going to explode. I even kept reading it till I fell asleep a couple of times. I want to pick it up all the time! And I'm not really that far in yet, about 15% I think. Just keeps pulling me in! Excellent book :)

Night all and hope everyone's ok and having a lovely weekend.xx

Urgh! I think I'm getting sick sick :( Have had a sore throat since Friday night and today have started with this horrible dry, tight chest, tickley cough.
I can't be sick on top of everything else!

I slept till just after 1pm, but was awake past 3 reading this bloody book!! Had some weird dreams! My friend, Margie, who I met in Sweden suggested a weekend in Norway next year and I've been thinking about it a lot. So my dreams last night were mainly me and my friends hiking round Norway searching for Trolls!! Thank you Troll Hunter for providing my subconscious with actual Norwegian scenery ;) At one point my friend really p*ssed me off so I picked her up, spun her round, and dropped her on her head LOL!! Apparently you don't mess with me ;)

Today I've eaten the rest of my pizza. It was a posh thin crust with Mediterranean veg and Quorn garlic sausage on :) Also had probably half of a Graze punnet - white choc buttons, mini cookies, hazelnuts, and sunflower seeds. I'm not really a nuts and seeds fan so I didn't have many of them.

Have decided to keep one of the 1.5L bottles of water my friend brought in to hospital for me and I'm going to try and drink one of them a day. JUST water! I used to drink loads of water but kinda fell out of the habit. But being able to only drink water and black tea in hospital (not much tea coz it was horrible!) made me realise I DO still like water and can actually drink a lot of it. I was going through 2 jugs of water and then one of those 1.5L bottles a day by the end. With a few cups of tea thrown in. The warmth from the tea really helped settle my tummy growlings lol!

The more I think about doing 24hr fasts the more in to it I get. Even if I don't just do water/tea fasts but maybe buy low cal soups to have for lunch and dinner on that day. But I know I can do all out fasts too. Something to think about :) Kinda like a SW 5:2 diet. Might help with weight loss as well as health. Dunno, just feels like something I would like to try.
I know Tetris has thought about this too :)

Have been watching 27 Dresses this afternoon. One of the few girly films I genuinely like! After this I'm gonna pop out to feed the bunnies and then go get a shower.
Getting really nervous about going to work tomorrow and dreading it a bit as I really don't feel very well. But, what can I do?! :(

Tea tonight is going to be Quorn sausages, mash, a couple of new potato roasties, some sort of veg, gravy, and lingonberry sauce :) Looking forward to it!! Pretty SW friendly but comfort foody too!
Back to it tomorrow. Actually REALLY looking forward to getting back in to SW properly :D xx

Despite feeling so sick you sound really energized and positive!

That is so cool about he 24hr fast idea- I'd like to join you on that a bit! I think if I gave myself the strict task of a total fat fir a day I could probably do it- am just nervous to ;) but inspiring that you said it wasnt that bad! I'd let myself have whatever 'free' fluids I wanted though, green tea and squash etc.
Ahh I wantto do one now! But I am starving so might wait until period dies down lol.
Am totally with you on the water upping front! I am going off squash a bit these days... When I have an evian bottle at hand I can sip and refill that fine, but glasses of water- the cats stick their faces in them! Haha. I like the red lid evian bottles, they make it more fun to drink water somehow!

Lol @ looking for ten minutes for a lego piece you had already done!! I spent a few minutes frantically one handedly searching for my pgone recently- which turned out to be in my other hand LOL twat.
Glad you are looking forward to SW food again. I'm bloody not after the hummus and tasties in Dubai :p

Sounds as though you've picked some nice bug from hospital, I sometimes think you come out with more than you went in with :( I hope it's short lived and you feel better soon.
Mmmm sausage and mash not had it for ages, might have to have them for tea now.
I hope work is ok and you have a good day x x

Hey guys!
Well, for a change, lets do some good news first eh?! I got weighed (twice) in work and *drum roll* I'm down from 79.9kg to 77.6kg! Will call it a 2.5kg loss and google assures me that is 5.5lbs. THAT I will take ;) How cool is that?! Honestly thought I would maybe lose a couple of lb's. Gutted we didn't get weighed before we started eating again. But I ate naughtily, just smaller amounts than normal over the weekend, so hopefully didn't make too much of an impact. So yeah, that's good isn't it?! Pleased with that :) Goodbye Christmas gain!!

I also got my MRI letter at the weekend and called them today to make an appointment. They have one on Sunday afternoon at the hospital closer to me - it's ;ess than a 10min drive away. So I've got that appointment :) I've got a long weekend off work this week as I'm not working Friday anyway, got the weekend off, and booked Mon & Tues off for my birthday. At least that appointment wont mess with anything.

Work was ok. I mean I coped quite well. I was down on the rota as 'float' but there was no one in theatre prep - why wasn't I put in there?! So I just went in there anyway. My boss wasn't in till about 10 and not one member of management came to see me, see if I was ok, coping, etc... My work friends asked how I was but everyone else didn't really seem to give a crap. It was all over FB last week and even some people who commented or 'liked' things didn't speak to me. Wtf?!
When my boss came in the only time she spoke to me was when she passed thru the staff room and I was alone. All's she asked was did I have results yet. Nothing else :(
I was alright. Just did what I could and didn't push myself or put myself out. Really took my time ;)

Tetris I'm thinking more and more about doing fast days. I could do complete fast days, but think it might be easier and more achievable if I allow myself some food. I'm thinking like soup and maybe some super low crackers or something? Those Ryvita thins are quite nice and 30kcal a go.
Skipping breakfast doesn't bother me, I didn't have breakfast today, but would be nice to have some soup for lunch and tea. I looked at my Sister's tins of regular Heinz veggie soups (not even low fat) and they are just under 100kcal for half a tin. So that would be perfect!
Would like to do non-caffeine days on my fasts. But would drink decaffe coffee and teas, water, and squash. I'm liking the sound of this more and more! Even if it was only one day a week. Could be a good way to quickly get back to the weight I was and then re-evaluate! And fast days would be good after a day off plan - like my birthday next week :)
I'd still be doing SW all the other times too. So kinda like a SW 5:2 diet. Worth a try and a bit on an experiment I reckon! Have decided though that it would be silly to attempt fast days on a cinema day (usually Wednesday at least) or over a weekend. Guess it depends what's going on really. Something to play around with :)
Quite excited! It's been a while since I've challenged myself with food. Have been doing SW for SO long now it's like second nature. Feel a bit of a shake-up would be good.

My cough seems to be getting worse today. It's like a tickly, really dry cough. My head, chest, and arms are absolutely aching. Sore throat isn't quite as bad today tho. Odd!

Sausage and mash is goooood! ;)

Honestly I've had enough of eating crap and letting myself do it. Have had more than enough time off plan and virtually binge eating! Gotta stop. So yup, well and truly on the SW wagon as of today :) xx

Last edited:
Monday food: Think I overdid it on my first day back. Feel rather sick and also bloated and painful :eek: Low Syn tho ;)

Breakfast: None. Felt really sick! Just some coffee.

Lunch: 2 free Quorn sausages
Half tin of spaghetti hoops
Cheesy scrambled eggs (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
BBQ sauce (1)

Tea: 2 Quorn fillets cooked in sriracha, garlic, and oregano with spring onions and chestnut mushrooms
Tomato & Herb Pasta N Sauce
Microwave veg bag - carrots, peas, & sweetcorn.
Beetroot.
Cheese (HexB2)

Snack: Shape 0% crumble flavour (0.5)
Chew Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Water (1L). Coke Zero. Squash (0.5L) Teapigs Mao Feng green tea. Peppermint tea

Syns used: 1.5
Syns saved: 13.5

Last edited:
Well done on your amazing loss, at least something good has come out of last week :D
Looks like thing are really moving now, you had your tests last week and now your MRI, glad it's close to home and won't disrupt things too much.
You'd think your boss would be checking to see if you're ok and you're coping with everything. I thought it would be in their interest as well?? It seems they don't don't know what to do with you, or what jobs to give you :(
Tickley coughs are the worst I would rather have a full blown chest infection than one of them. I hope you've got something to ease it a little x x

I'm alright with my tickly cough. No chest infection for me thank you very much :p

I dunno what to think abotu work. It's more like they really don't give a crap and seen as I'm there I might as well just do my normal job. The only difference I've got is the reduced hours! Which wont be reduced for much longer. Just feels like I have no support and that no one cares what's going on!

I think I was just lucky with the MRI appointment and phoned at the right time. Maybe someone had just cancelled? But yeah, much closer to home and cheaper parking ;)

Aye I'm well chuffed with the weightloss. I thought 2.5kg would be about 4.4lbs, but Google said otherwise. I'm not going to argue with Google over this ;) Hoping a good, solid week on SW and attempting one or two fast days will get me a loss next week. A few pounds would be awesome, but would honestly be quite happy with a lb a week! Better than I was doing before I got sick. Over 0.5lb a month is better than I was doing before I got sick ;) Will just see what happens.

Hope you enjoy your sausages and mash tonight! I think I might have pasta and something Quorn because I honestly don't remember when I last had pasta :confused: I kept craving Pasta N Sauce while I was in hospital. How sad is that?! LOL

Right, had better go check on the bunnies. Then I'll come back in, make a hot drink, and read some more :) xx

I suck at not doing stuff lol! I cleaned and fed the bunnies, de-poo'd half the garden, did all the dishes and put the first lot away, put some washing on, hoovered the living room, and had a good long read. Just put my washing on the airer and Mum's not long got in.

I actually feel hungry. Like proper hungry! :)

I guess most people have a lot going on in their own lives. Doesn't take much to ask how someone is though! Had to tell people again today that I can't heavy lift. Need a badge!!

My tea was lovely! I feel a bit sick now, but it was so worth it. All out SW feast and so colourful :D Gonna put it in my diary now.

I know, I was supposed to be having a quiet afternoon but stuff needed doing. No one hoovered or cleaned the garden while I was in hospital. And the bunnies only got fed and cleaned once :rolleyes: So trying to catch up with everything. Shouldn't have much to do tomorrow afternoon! But wanna head to a supermarket to get a few foody bits after work. Esp things good for the fast days! It's so sad that I'm looking forward to soup. I make soup like twice a year coz I'm too lazy to make it myself and don't want to spend syns on it :p

Hey guys!
Oh last night was fun lol. Talk about food overload :rolleyes: I was just SO hungry and took advantage of it.
Today is my first fast day doing my own SW 5:2 diet :D And as sad as I sound, I'm pretty excited about this new challenge. It's been such a long time since I challenged myself food wise.
Work was ok - ish. I got put on the phones for an hour and a half then did some front reception work and training. It's such a busy, tricky job that I feel a bit wiped out now. Our reception is so busy! We had 2 phone lines open (mine stopped once for about 30 seconds!) and 2 front computers and there were still queues to the door! And because the benefit system has changed a lot and the way the paper work is done has too, it's quite difficult to work out who eligible to us now! That's gonna be fun of a weekend... Anyway, it really stresses me out! At one point a vet asked to borrow me to help him put a dog to sleep and I'm not ashamed to say that that was better than being on reception! For me, not the dog/people obv...
I really worried the head receptionist a couple of times because I apparently kept going really pale and ill looking - probably the insane heat and stress - but I was sitting down and felt fine. I just said this is what I'm like now and I was ok. Kinda glad they saw it tho, you know?

I stopped at Morrison's on the way home coz Mum said there was loads of stuff on offer. The Quorn lamb & steak grills were only like £1.25! And the free Linda M sausages were £1! Got 2 packs of steaks, one pack of lamb (Mum got me some yday!), and 3 boxes of sausages. Most of the stuff I bought was on offer.
Was only really stopping in to get fast day food - as bizarre as that sounds lol! But yeah, loadsa stuff on offer.

Gonna have a shower in a bit and chill out this afternoon. I'm too tired from having to use my brain this morning! Will either watch a film or read. Or both :D

Fast day food in a bit :)

Last edited:
First ever fast day food!
The no caffeine didn't go to plan lol. Mum had already made me coffee for when I got down this morning and I had some Coke Zero in the car :whistle: But caffeine free from lunch :)

Aiming for 200cals or less per meal then will have a few leftover for something this evening watching tv. I like my evening treat more than snacking in the day.

Breakfast: Bugger all. Still felt ill from last night :eek:

Lunch: Can of Weight Watchers tomato soup (76)
3 x cheesy Crackerbread (57)
1 laughing Cow Extra Light (20)
Stick of pineapple (32)
= 185kcal

Tea: Quorn steak (123)
240g frozen broccoli & cauliflower (78)
Super low cal Italian dressing (4)
= 205

Snack: 1 Alpen Light Double Chocolate (70)
Orange Options (38)
= 108

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Peppermint tea. Teapigs Spiced Winter Red tea. Squash (forgot about that, prob a couple of calories there! About 3/4pint) 1.5l of water.

Calories used: 498!!! :flirt2: Probably 500 with the squash, but f*ck it ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like you've had an interesting, challenging and productive day at work. I know exactly how you feel being on a reception myself, we can have queues out the door for check-ins but you can't skip stuff with the guests you have to explain where everything is, take payment, address and phone numbers, answer any questions they may have and direct them to the door. And while this is going on you're supposed to deal with the phone, any enquiries from leisure members and help staff with change and info. Can get really hectic, I love it :) I hope you've not over done it though and get plenty of rest tonight.
I've been in Morrisons as well but they'd sold out of the Linda M sausages, I was really disappointed :( Picked up some nice green teas though :)
I take my hat off to you doing the fasting, I know I couldn't handle it especially on nights I'd end up killing someone ha ha ha ha. I hope it goes well and gives you the results you like x x x

Oh no I hate, hate, hate reception! And I hate talking on the phone. I don't even use the phone in my personal life. I maybe speak to my Mum for about 30 seconds if I have to. It's a major anxiety trigger for me! So not surprised it took it out of me really. It's not a part of my job I enjoy at all. Like I said, would rather help a vet with something really sad than be on reception :eek:

I hope I can sleep tonight. Nothing feels like enough. I know it doesn't for me anyway, but when I have to be up for work it's a zillion times worse. Just so tired! But yeah, any sleep will do tonight!

I found the sausages in an end freezer and all the regular ones were stacked on top of the Rosemary ones. Had to do a lot of digging lol! Nothing on the regular veggie shelf tho! Our Morrison's is a bit rubbish if I'm honest. So was really surprised I got the stuff I did :)

Hehe I gigured if I could survive 3 days straight with just water and tea I could do a very low calorie day once or twice a week. I am bloody starving right now tho :p Trying to hold off tea for as long as possible and eat with Mum.
I'll just give it a go. I'm more intrigued than anything and I'm really not pressurising myself at all. Kind of an experiment in what I can cope with and to see if it helps with some weightloss. Not really wanting to do 3 week fasts every week to get a loss like last week ;)

Figures crossed you'll get a little sleep, I think I'm going to be in the same boat I'm back to work tomorrow and I'm giddy and nervous at the same time lol.
Our morrisons was ok till they refurbed it and now they've halved the vegetarian range and the space they keep it in :( they only had the vegetarian LM sausages left and I begrudge using 2 syns on a sausage. In fact near me very little of the shops carry any veggie food at all, I have to go to the big superstores to stock up.
I'll be watching your experiment with interest to see how it goes x x

Our Morrison's just seems to be out of stock of something as soon as it goes on offer! And you should never go on a Monday. It's so empty on a Monday before the deliveries come in. It's a big store as well! And we had the refurb last year with the misty stuff over the veg ;) First time I saw that I was off my face on diazepam. Best thing I'd ever seen!! LOL It's ok and I tend to use it as a top-up shop when I pick Mum up from work - her office is right by it.
That's surprising about your shops not having much veggie stuff :( Tesco has destroyed their chilled veggie section recently. And Sainsbury's too actually. But frozen stuff everywhere is pretty good.

Oh yeah, there's no way I'd spend 2 syns on a sausage :p 1 syn for a regular Quorn one annoys me enough! The Linda M Italian sausages are very nice though and definitely worth the half a syn. IF you can find them anywhere!

I will no doubt update you all till you go insane over my experiment. Almost finished day one :D I am hungry, but not starving! I almost feel like when I couldn't have anything last week it was easier and better than having small amounts of food. Odd! But yeah, almost done. Got a hot chocolate and an Alpen to finish the day.xx

Back