Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

But SH*T! My Mum (who's in Tenerife) was in a coach accident today. I don't know too much about it yet, and tbh it's getting upsetting talking about it, but it sounds like it was really bad. Apparently when they crashed the cliff wall/old lava flow came through her window! She doesn't know why or how but she'd moved to the aisle seat pretty much as it happened. She's cut and bruised and apparently her top is all cut up and ripped. I really don't know much more and she was all muddled and upset obv :(

I wish I could be there!!!

Just seen Rach mention this, much love to you two Kel, and to the mothership, she's a lucky lady to be in one piece still, and at least she's safe now. I know you'll feel better when you can see her though x

EEkss, oh gosh! Really doesn't sound too great. All good thoughts out your way, I hope everything will be alright. Hugs. xx

Hope all is well with her :-( it's so horrible when something happens away from home and there's nothing you can do to help x

Thanks all :) She went to the hospital today to be checked out. The guy who ran the tour yday took her and paid for everything!! She was assessed, had some xrays, and been given some meds. She's ok, but has some impact trauma injuries.
She sounds kinda ok today, although I've only heard from her by text. But yeah, not too much physical damage. I just really wish I could be there.

Anyway, food has been ok. Although I haven't really eaten much today. But I had an indulgent tea to make up for it.

Thurs: Green Day + 10
Breakfast: porridge, dried fruit, banana, and Kara milk.
Lunch: Pasta with Reggae Reggae veg & Quorn Ham and salad.
Work snacks were fruit: Grapes, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries. Shape.
Tea: SW chips, half tin of beans, those free Linda McCartney sausages (not sure about them yet), cheese, and bread.

HexA: Milk/cheese
HexB: Porridge + Bread
Syns used: 4.five (some of my bloody laptop keys aren't working :confused:)
Syns saved: 13
Exercise: Full day in work, walking to and from bus stops, and around bloody Asda.

Friday: Green Day + 10
Breakfast: Porridge, dried fruit, and kara milk.
Lunch: Same as Fri, but I ate maybe half at most :(
Breaks: The same but again only had a tiny bit.
Treat: Got a hot chocolate from Costa on the way home. Soy milk and sugar free syrup ;)
Tea: Low fat Supernoodles, kiev, microwave veg bag, and cheese.
Snack: Either an Oaty or a Fibre Plus. Not decided yet.

HexA: Alpro at Costa + cheese/Kara Milk
HexB: Porridge + a 'bar'
Syns used: 12
Syns saved: 11
Exercise: Walking and work.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your Mum! Must've been a massive shock.... but glad she is ok.

What do you think of the Kara milk? I bought some last week and although it tastes ok on it's own I don't think I like it in tea and coffee! It must be bad cause I haven't had any since lol. x

Congratulations on your massive loss! It was enough to get me off my lazy bum and back onto here, haha. I really hope your mum's ok, sounds like she's being well looked after :) xx

Your BACK!!!!!!!!!!! :D YAY!!! Thank you about the loss :) Yeah Mum got some excellent care. so glad the guy took it on himself to look after her so she didn't have to piss about with her insurance and contacting reps and stuff.

Sorry to hear about your Mum! Must've been a massive shock.... but glad she is ok.

What do you think of the Kara milk? I bought some last week and although it tastes ok on it's own I don't think I like it in tea and coffee! It must be bad cause I haven't had any since lol. x

Hmmmm, I don't think much of the Kara milk. It's ok with Weetabix and Porridge and it's handy that I can use it in mac & cheese. But meh, not what I was expecting. Bought some hazelnut milk to try next :)

Work was meh and really busy and hectic and bluerg! Got my bunnies home. My boy Simon and his new wife Peggy :)

Breakfast: Weetabix, raisins, and kara.
Lunch: Chilli, Mexican rice, salad, and cheese.
Work breaks: Grapes, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries. Shape. And some pineapple.
Tea: Mac & cheese, 2 veggie burgers, 'fried onions', cheese, peas, carrots, green beans, and sweetcorn.
Snack: An Oaty :)

Green Day + 1 syns
HexA: 'milk' + cheese
HexB: Weetabix and Oaty
Syns used: 7.five (stupid keys!!!)
Syns saved: 18.five
Exercise: Work and walking.

Sunday: Have made an interesting lunch to get me through work!
Work was much better today. Although my friend who's a trainee nurse at a private practice thinks I'm nuts for thinking my day was quiet. She made the mistake of asking me what we had in today ;) I love comparing our work days :whistle:
I'm having such a hungry day today! I have a lot of syns to use up so blowing them on chocolate and biscuits ;)

Breakfast:
Lunch: Free Linda McCartney sausages with 'fried' onion, mushrooms, green & red peppers, and cherry tomatoes. With bbq beans, 2 jacket spuds and salad :D No cheese ;)
Tea: Low fat Supernoodles, quorn nuggets, cheese, and veg.
Work snacks: Grapes, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries. Shape. And some pineapple.
Treat: Galaxy Caramel, a Breakaway, and 2 Hob Nob creams.

Extra Easy Day + 15 syns
HexA: 'Milk'/cheese
HexB: Porridge
Syns used: 30.five
Syns left this week: 2.five
Exercise: Work and walking

Last edited:
Hiya! Hope all is going well with you and I hope your Mum is OK.

What's your recipe for Mac and cheese?

x

My Mac & Cheese is a packet of Pasta N Sauce macaroni cheese ;) I open the packet all by myself :p

Aye I'm ok. Just exhausted from work. But feel much better now. Mum seems to be doing ok. The meds she's been given are making her feel ill so I told her to stop them and just take her regular illness meds. She has a few chronic pain illnesses so is on high dose pain killers and antiinflammatories anyway.x

So I survived this week at work without dying from my virus, not dying from stress and exhaustion, only minor injuries, a bloody paw print on each shoe, some pee and blood on my uniform, and my contact allergy on my hands only mildly flaring up!

Also I HAVE 20 DAYS OFF! TWENTY!!! Then I'm only in 2 days (emergency shifts) and off for another week.

Good news everyone!! said in the style of Professor Farnsworth from Futurama..... So I got weighed today in work 2.5 kg off!! That's over 5lb :eek::faint2: How the bloody hell did that happen?! I don't get losses like that! Wow :D

Just going to update my stats and stuff and find me a FOUR STONE AWARD sticker!!! But, not only did I zoom past my 4st I have no officially lost more than the weight of my Ellie dog-who was 26.5kg when she was last weighed. Holy crap!!! :eek:

Congratulations on your loss! 2.5kg and a shiny new 4 stone sticker :clap: Well done hun!! Also i'm really sorry to hear about your mum's accident, I hope she's ok - it sounds like she's being well looked after :). xxx

19 days off! Not 20. Dammit! Lol
I had a nice lie-in, but I still feel exhausted. Think it might take a few days to recover from illness, massive stress, and loooong shifts at work. I did clean out the bunnies (I have Simon back with his new wife ;)), put Ralph in the garden run for a couple of hours, de-poo'd the garden, did some washing, hoovered, and a general clean and tidy. It really needed doing coz I'd only done the bare necessities after work. And my Sister's a lazy bugger and never does any house work!
No plans for tomorrow except to get a shower LOL!

Good food day today :) Green Day + 10 syns

Lunch was a veggie breakfast. 2 Quorn sausages, scrambled eggs, spaghetti, crispy potatoes, and wholemeal toast.
Tea: Ratatouille with Quorn mince, rigatoni, cheese, and salad.
Snack: Chocolate porridge with hazelnut milk and raisins. Super sweet snack lol
Drinks: Coffee-lots of it. And squash.

HexA: Cheese/Hazelnut milk
HexB: Bread + Porridge
Syns used: 6
Syns left: 4
Exercise: Domestic goddessing.

Last edited:
Tuesday: Having a lazy-ish day today coz I'm so damn tired! Plus it means I'm not spending money if I stay in ;)

Lunch: Jacket spuds, half tin of BBQ beans with 'fried' cherry tomatoes and red & yellow pepper in, 2 veggie burgers, cheese, and salad.

Snack: 2 sticks of pineapple.

Tea: Chickpea dahl with chopped up Quorn fillets, onion, red, yellow, and green peppers, sweetcorn, spinach, and about 6tbsp of chopped tomatoes, and a load of spices. With Mild Curry rice and red pepper cottage cheese. Om nom!!!

Snack: Fibre Plus and a Highlights hot chocolate made with 200ml Hazelnut Milk and topped up with water. Can't wait to try that!! :D

Drinks: Coffee. Squash.

Extra Easy Day + 10
HexA: Cheese/Hazelnut Milk
HexB: Fibre Plus
Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 10
Exercise: Does trying to catch a rabbit for 45mins count?? :rolleyes: I really need to actually do some exercise don't I?! :eek:

Last edited:
I got Simon and his wife back on Saturday and they've been getting on really well. I've put them out in the garden run for the first time today and got a couple of cute pics...

SP.jpg

Simonpeggy.jpg

That's a happily married couple :D

Dunno why that pic is the wrong way 'round. I did rotate it in Photobucket :confused:

Back