Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I was wondering how spendthrift got in there :p Yeah, we're having an unsuccessful text conversation about it. He's being an absolute d*ck and I'm really starting to lose my patients. If the next reply is also horrible I'm gonna, in the nicest way possible, tell him to f*ck off and that I need some time and he needs to work out what he actually wants! I've even said to him that asking for a bit more contact, esp as we don't see each other much, isn't actually unreasonable. All the years I've known him and I would never have thought he could be horrible like this. :(

And you're right. It should be butterflies, rainbows, hugs & puppies, but it's not! He's making it very very difficult!x

Well that didn't work and we carried on talking. Trying to fix things today and just get some things across. I think it's worth a shot. We've been friends for a very long time and we both like each other. I think it would be silly do chuck it in after one argument. And I think a lot of it is frustration from both sides about the sh*tty situation. But we'll see how it goes.

Food today is going to be low syn, by accident lol. So much for using up all my syns :p Might have a little bag of Maltesers or something tonight :)

Green Day + 10 syns

Lunch: Pizza omelette (onion, tomato, and cheese), 2 Linda M sausages, half a tin of beans, wholemeal bread, and about half a tbsp of bbq sauce.

Tea: Mushy Pea Curry :D Requested by my sister who hates mushy peas!!! I did Quorn pieces, onion, red & green peppers, sweet potato, new potatoes, tinned tomatoes, mushy peas, and a lot of spices and curry powder. T'was nommy! And my Sister bought some WW naan breads so got to use some syns (5.5 aren't they?)
Had it with Chinese packet rice and cottage cheese.

Snack: Porridge, splenda, hazelnut milk, and banana.

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

HexA: Cheese/Hazelnut Milk
HexB: Bread + Porridge
Syns used: 6
Syns saved: 21
Exercise: Nope... Well I cleaned the bunnies, hoovered, and sorted Mr Frog. But no proper exercise.

Last edited:
Well, I could literally fill this box with swearing. But I'm not going to. I think I've lost my fight. He's breaking up with me and wants us to go back to being just friends. And why? Basically, because I challenged him on something and I wanted better communication and to actually get to see him. :confused: So yeah, looks like I'm single AGAIN! I am so close to giving up and becoming a crazy, Spinster, dog woman. I just can't believe it :cry:
I may have also text my most recent ex yday. Wasn't a drunk thing or anything but what happened with him has been playing on my mind and I think in that situation I was a little bit like my boy and freaked out and said some not nice things. So I apologised to him and we had a bit of a catch-up today. I don't want to get back together with him as I really don't think we'd work. But I really do think we could be friends. I actually do miss him and we have a lot in common, we just weren't right as a couple. Which is a shame :(

So, as I'm sure you can imagine I haven't exactly been on plan. Not exactly been horrific though considering.
Yesterday I got the text from him just as my veggie breakfast AND pancakes (treat from Mum!) were brought to the table. B*stard! So I ate maybe half a wholemeal pancake at the most and probably around half of the breakfast.
For tea I got a small portion of curry, fried rice, and chips and had some bread. But I couldn't finish that. I went up to hang out with my mate at a house she's dog sitting at and I turned down Domino's, but definitely not the wine. Had less than half a bottle of rose.
And had 3 Hotel Chocolat batons and a chocolate.

Sunday I had spaghetti hoops and Linda M sausages on regular sized wholemeal toast with a scraping of low cal spread.
Tea was a veggie carvery and I had a whole pint of Budweiser. And me and Caz left room for dessert, so I had a slice of apple pie and custard :)

So yeah, not exactly on plan but I had a lot of syns saved, I'm on reduced syns anyway, I didn't go too mental, and I'm really, really sad :( :needhug:

Me and my friend Caz finally cashed in our Living Social deal for hot stone massages today. Do LS check the things they're selling?! We turned up at the place and there was no one there. Waited ages and tried neighboring businesses and got no answers. Then the door was magically open so we went in and went up the stairs. There was an open door with the therapists business name scrawled under the doorbell. The door was open and let in to what I can only describe as a junk room/kitchen. There was stuff everywhere! We almost left but the woman saw us :rolleyes: She took us in to a freezing cold room and switched on a little electric fire and a wall heater and sat us down on wooden chairs. She asked if we were ok to sit in on each others treatments :confused: But seen as it was either do that or sit in the junk room we agreed. Nowhere private to get changed or anything! Luckily Caz brought her book so we had something to do while the other was having their treatment RIGHT IN FRONT OF US!
Caz went first ;) And I saw there shivering away trying not to look and reading. When it was my turn I realised just how cold it was! I was naked from the waist up and OMG I just couldn't stop shivering. My finger tips went numb! After about 10mins I just couldn't wait for it to be over. My right hand side was closest to the drafty window and my neck and shoulder are so stiff and sore now from the cold.
The massage itself was actually really nice and in the proper setting I imagine would be fantastic. But yeah, was so awful being so cold and having no privacy. I know we're good mates, but I felt awful that I was in there while Caz was having her treatment. The whole thing was just so unprofessional! Can you complain to Living Social?!

Just had to take some painkillers. I'm in work tomorrow and can't cope there when my neck and shoulders are bad :( What a bizarre weekend of crappy and good stuff :rolleyes:

Oh dude that sounds bad, exactly what you didn't need. I'm so cross with them on your behalf! Definitely try to complain, even if you don't get a refund or anything it's worth warning anyone else. Also thik about leaving a review on TripAdvisor if they're on there

Hope you feel better soon x

Oh dude that sounds bad, exactly what you didn't need. I'm so cross with them on your behalf! Definitely try to complain, even if you don't get a refund or anything it's worth warning anyone else. Also thik about leaving a review on TripAdvisor if they're on there

Hope you feel better soon x

I've emailed Living Social and I'll have a look on Trip Advisor. My right shoulder, ribs, and neck are so painful today :(

So, that's me and the boy done then. I sent him a nice text before trying to make him see that we just needed time together. He asked me to respect that he just wants to be friends. Have told him I don't respect anything he's said to me recently because he's treated me appallingly. And that I need time. Wished him good luck with the job, because I'm not going to stoop to his level and be horrible. All's I got back was "Sorry you feel like that. Take care"
What was the point?! I mean, seriously?! I really can't believe this :(
I bought him drinks, paid for bus fare, sent him bus tickets, gave him time, offered him support. :cry:

And I think I'm sick again :( It's probably all the bloody stress!! Got a very sore throat, my temp's all over the place, and my head is very sore and heavy. Awesome....

Last edited:
Monday's food. Seriously having to force myself to eat at the moment :( I know you wouldn't think it from today's food ;)

Breakfast: Porridge, Raisins, Splenda, and hazelnut milk.

First break: Strawberries, red grapes, and blackberries with a Shape 0%

Lunch: Red onion, mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, and Quorn pieces in Reggae Reggae. Wholemeal pasta with EL mayo. Salad, beetroot, and a teeny bit of dressing.
Rest of the berries.

Nothing for afternoon break.

Tea: Jacket spud, 2 veggie burgers, half a tin of spaghetti, cheese, and about 1/2tbsp of sauce.

Snack: I don't know if I can face anything.

Drinks: Coffee. Squash.

HexA: Hazelnut milk/cheese
HexB: Porridge +
Syns used: 6
Syns left: 4
Exercise: Work, walking, and stress :(

Last edited:
Tuesday. My shoulder's a zillion times worse today. Bad enough for me to take co-codamol when I came home and I really dislike taking that. Makes me too spacey! But I think it's needed tonight :( Need someone to fix my shoulder!!

Breakfast: Porridge, Raisins, Splenda, and hazelnut milk.

First break: Strawberries, red grapes, and blackberries with a Shape 0%

Lunch: Red onion, mushrooms, peppers, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, and Quorn pieces in Reggae Reggae. Wholemeal pasta with EL mayo. Salad, beetroot, and a teeny bit of dressing.
Rest of the berries.

Afternoon break: Clementine.

Tea: 7 Quorn nuggets (because I can't count apparently!), Low Fat Supernoodles, carrots, peas, and sweetcorn, cheese, wholemeal bread, and tomato sauce.

Snack: Chocolate sprinkle Shape.
HexA: Hazelnut Milk/cheese
HexB: Porridge & Bread
Syns used: 8
Syns saved: 6
Exercise: Work and walking. And a trip to Asda.

That massage sounds like something from a dodgy sitcom! You can complain to Living Social, and you definitely should! Would have been nice for you to have a relaxing experience after all the boy horribleness. Hope you managed to have a good weekend in spite of all the crap stuff! I've finished Wheatfest 2012 so I'm back on my diary, made an amazing stew to see me through the next few days! xx

Wednesday: Urgh, I'm all snotty :sick: Throat feels a little better and my shoulder is a lot better after hitting the pain relief and anti-inflammatories. Ellie's had her booster and her bloods (for her Cushing's) have been sent off. We just made it in time for the courier!! So they should be back soon. Hopefully all ok and within the 'normal' range. Her vet is absolutely thrilled by her progress! Before we found out she had Cushing's she was underweight, had about 3inches of baldness and bloodiness at the end of her tail as well as an almost bald patch on her neck & shoulder, she was always ravenous, drinking gallons (she still kinda does this), and just a generally unhappy dog. It's all turned around now and everyone was like WOW :woohoo: Very pleased with her!

Anyway, food for me:

Breakfast: Porridge, raisins, Splenda, and hazelnut milk.

First break: Red grapes, blackberries, strawberries, and a Shape.

Lunch: 2 jacket spuds, 2 Linda M sausages, half a tin of beans, cheese, and sauce. I was STARVING by the time I got home!!

Tea: A Quorn steak, mac & cheese, carrots, peas, green beans, and cheese.

Snack: 3 Mikado and an Oaty Bar.

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero.

HexA: Milk/cheese x 2
HexB: Porridge + Oaty Bar
Syns used: 7
Syns saved: 9
Exercise: Work. To the bus stop (10 mins) and the long way home with Ellie (about 25mins). 30min walk with Dave.

I've had a few Soothers over the last few days, but I refuse to syn medicinal stuff. Hope it doesn't have too much of an effect.

Last edited:
I'm so looking forward to a lie-in tomorrow. I really need to do some course work but I have such a massive case of the Can't Be A*sed-itis!! :( I just don't want to do anything right now *sulk*
In better news the scales are finally starting to be sensible. Will WI when I'm in work at t'weekend :)

cheekychinchilla said:
I'm so looking forward to a lie-in tomorrow. I really need to do some course work but I have such a massive case of the Can't Be A*sed-itis!! :( I just don't want to do anything right now *sulk*
In better news the scales are finally starting to be sensible. Will WI when I'm in work at t'weekend :)

Aaah what a crappy time you've had recently..

Be kind to yourself and give yourself some space - the lie in sounds like a good idea.

I did laugh at the LM red onion sausage thing - need to stop having three just be ause they are free - I went through the same thing. Looks like you've sorted it now. Have a fabulous day.

Aaah what a crappy time you've had recently..

Be kind to yourself and give yourself some space - the lie in sounds like a good idea.

I did laugh at the LM red onion sausage thing - need to stop having three just be ause they are free - I went through the same thing. Looks like you've sorted it now. Have a fabulous day.

Thanks ophelia! I'm still struggling to understand what the hell happened. I've known this guy for years and not once heard him say a bad word about anyone or complain about stuff. But I date him and he turns in to a ranty, selfish, childish, idiot with the emotional maturity of a potato. Wtf?! I am sorta getting to the angry stage but still sad. I just don't get it :( I am definitely giving myself bucket loads of space from him. And the way I feel now I will not contact him. He bloody well knows where I am if he feels like being a grown up!

Oh yeah, really need to stop having 3 sausages! I might do if I have them for tea but lunch time is definitely a 2 sausage occasion .... that's a bizarre sentence...

I hope you're having a good day too :)

Thursday: Well I didn't sleep in till the afternoon like I'd hoped-I know I shouldn't, but it's my only day without plans. But I woke up a billion times feeling quite panicky and anxious :( Spent a couple of hours sending more begging emails out for donations towards my works Christmas fayre. Since last night I've been offered a pack of cat toys and some vegan sweets. Yay! I'm doing quite well with this. I have noticed that it's the little independent businesses who are far more charitable than the big ones. Although, to be fair, a lot of big places already have their own charities set up or work along side well established charities.
I've de-poo'd the garden, had a cuddle from Ralph (he has got to be one of the nicest bunnies I've owned!) and put him in the run for a bit seen as it's not raining!
Mum's asked me to jump the bus with her to do a bit of shopping. I'm in two minds whether to go. But I really shouldn't just sit here wallowing :(

Anyway, todays food:

Lunch: 2 Linda M sausages, beans, scrambled eggs, crispy potatoes, wholemeal toast, and sauce. Not bad for 1 syn that :D

Tea: Gonna make a big pan of chilli :) Red & white onion, garlic, some fancy brown mushrooms that were on offer, 3 diff coloured sweet peppers, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, a ton of those new Heinz mixed beans, a tin of refried beans, a pack of chilli seasoning (1 syn per portion) and some of my own seasoning. Made enough for 4 big portions :)
Had it with sweet and regular potato chips, cheese, salad, beetroot, and dressing.

Snacks: A banana and toffee Activia Snack Pot with a Toffee Oaty Bar crumbled in.

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. A small Costa Honeycomb hot chocolate with soy milk.

HexA: Soy milk + cheese
HexB: Bread + Oaty Bar
Syns used: 5.5
Syns saved: 13.5
Exercise: De-poo'ing the garden and walking to and from the bus stops and around Tesco. Rachelle had to come pick us up coz my shoulder's so sore and I couldn't carry the bags :(

Last edited:
Aww, go Ellie! That's such good news, I remember how stressed you were when she first got ill. And brilliant news about all the Christmas fayre donations! The vegans are being good to you, it seems :) In my experience, local businesses are always more willing to donate things and get involved with community events, they tend to have a stronger standing within the community and they probably need the exposure more than bigger companies. Really happy to hear that it's going well. I'd probably have fallen into the 3 Linda McCartney sausage trap as well, but I only had one box so I've been rationing them! Having the last two for tea tonight, really hope I find some again soon! xx

I decided to go with Mum and not sit at home sulking. We went to Costa and I had the most underwhelming hot chocolate ever - the honeycomb Christmas one. Could barely taste the chocolate never mind the honeycomb flavour. It's probably a bit short, but I refuse to allow it more than 3 syns coz it was so disappointing.... :p But I didn't have cake or anything, so not bad lol.
Then we had a wander round Tesco. They had Johnnie Walker Gold Label for £32!!! It usually sells at £60+ I may have to get one if they're still that price when I next get paid *strokes chin* Doesn't matter that I have some JW Red Label left, and unopened bottle of JW Black Label, and 3/4 of a bottle each of The Black Grouse and a 12yr old Auchentoshan ..... i really don't drink very much :rolleyes:

Back