Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hey been missing for a while when moving house but back now and popping in to see how you are doing? How long now til your big adventure? X

Hey!
How did the house move go?? I'm not so good at the moment. Really struggling with anxiety and depression at the moment. In quite a bad place :(
Big trip is less than 3 months away now :) x

That cinema screening sounds well ace! Selection boxes ftw *badsimmingworlder*

WI here is Xmas Eve, which is pretty ace timing actually. Good luck with yr low syn week, I know you'll ace it :D

Ah that's a shame love *hugs* I know a lot of folk with those kind of things worsen at this time of year - all the financial worries of Xmas plus dark/cold/miserable!

Ooh it's getting close now yay least you have something awesome to look forward to :)

Move went well love the new house - went totally off the rails food wise though and got 6.5lb to lose to get back to target. Considering I ate lots of takeaways, crisps and biscuits for 2months it could be much worse. Just trying to not gain too much more over Xmas then try to start getting back to target when January comes. Too much tasty needing consumed over Xmas ;-) xx

That cinema screening sounds well ace! Selection boxes ftw *badsimmingworlder*

WI here is Xmas Eve, which is pretty ace timing actually. Good luck with yr low syn week, I know you'll ace it :D

I'm on my 3rd low syn day. Hope I'm not overdoing it, if that's possible?! But I might as well 'save up' for Christmas lol! Yeah the screening was lots of fun and the film is brilliant. Go see it :d

Ah that's a shame love *hugs* I know a lot of folk with those kind of things worsen at this time of year - all the financial worries of Xmas plus dark/cold/miserable!

Ooh it's getting close now yay least you have something awesome to look forward to :)

Move went well love the new house - went totally off the rails food wise though and got 6.5lb to lose to get back to target. Considering I ate lots of takeaways, crisps and biscuits for 2months it could be much worse. Just trying to not gain too much more over Xmas then try to start getting back to target when January comes. Too much tasty needing consumed over Xmas ;-) xx

Hey!
I'm so glad about the house :D And well done, 2 months off plan and only 6.5lbs on is like a miracle. I'd have gained 2st by now ;)

I wish it were the weather and money worries. It's partly money worries, but not so much. For once in my life I'm actually kinda 'comfortable' money wise. My holiday is all saved for, I'm looking at buying a car and insurance without having to take out loans or finance, and all my Xmas stuff is bought.
There've been some stressful things recently that have just tipped the balance and I'm having a massive hit of depression at the moment and the anxiety is weighing in big style. Some of it can be explained whereas I think most of it is just jumping on the bandwagon. I can't remember a time when I felt this bad :( I'm SO glad I have a lot of holiday owed to me and I'm barely in work at the moment. I think I'd be bad enough to be signed off sick and I really don't want to do that!

I'll be ok. Just need to get passed it all and it's so hard! But thank you :)x

Wednesday: So today I went to see two cars. Car number one was almost perfect, except it's accelerator peddle didn't really work!!! I took my Sister's boyfriend with me, who drives all over the country in vans, pick-ups, and cars, and he had major trouble with it. I asked him if it was something I could get used to or if it was a serious fault and he told me to not even consider it.
My sister took me to see another one this afternoon. Beautiful light blue 5 door Corsa, low miles, 10 years old, low insurance, but the inside was COVERED in mould and I mean completely covered and the inside was dripping wet :argh: The guy said it was because it was new in and they'd cleaned/soaked the inside but not gotten to the valeting part. He assured me it would be spotless and that all mould would be removed and killed permanently. But why was it SO mouldy! It honestly couldn't have developed that level of 'eco system' in a couple of days. I know, I've done many a mould experiment!
Such a shame because everything else he said made them sound like a genuine, lovely small business. He would MOT it, tax it for 12 months, and even get someone to drive it TO me if I couldn't get a lift to go re-view it. But it was MOULDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My insurance quotes has also jumped by £500 since yesterday :confused:

Anyway, todays food.... Another EE day I think :D

Breakfast: An Activia and a stick of pineapple.

Lunch: Two small jacket spuds, leftover chilli, cottage cheese, cheese, salad, and beetroot. No dressing, go me ;) (half HexA)

Tea: Leftover ratatouille with 20g of peppers Philly mixed in, Quorn steak strips, with pasta, cheese, salad, beetroot, and dressing & mayo (1.5 syns + half HexA)

Snack: Advent Chocolate + 1 Mikado (1.5) Oaty Bar (HexB)

HexA: Cheese
HexB: Oaty
Syns used: 3
Syns saved: 20
Exercise: Shivering to death ALL day! Plus arm exercises :)

Last edited:
Oh no. My auntie came round earlier and it looks like my Grandad is very ill again and might not last very long now :( Feel so bad for Mum. She only got back in touch with them all recently :(
More than ever I wish I had a bloody car to help out and run her around. I can't get anyone to help me out tho :(

Oh no. My auntie came round earlier and it looks like my Grandad is very ill again and might not last very long now :( Feel so bad for Mum. She only got back in touch with them all recently :(
More than ever I wish I had a bloody car to help out and run her around. I can't get anyone to help me out tho :(

Sorry to hear your Grandad is ill..your poor Mum. It is never a good time, but Christmas seems to be the worse when things like this happen. I hope he rallies and makes it through.

I think the man with the mouldy car was trying too hard to sell you it. Suggests the mould is more than temporary!

Get well soon x

Yeah I agree now. I'm far too trusting but the more I thought about it the more it sounded dodgy and, you know, disgusting!!! I'm fed up looking at rubbish cars now :(

I don't think my Grandad's going to last much longer. I know personally, from my job, the 'symptoms' of a body shutting down (ok, with animals, but it's the same really). And my Mum's youngest Sister works in a nursing home in Cornwall and as soon as she found out what sort of symptoms he had she hired a car and drove straight here. Can't imagine it's looking good. And I would never say this to Mum, but it sounds like he's suffering and he shouldn't have to :(

Thursday food: Think I'll have a Green Day today. Feeling the need for bread lol. Also having a sort of mid-week treat seen as I've managed to save so many syns.

Lunch: 'Fried' mushroom, red pepper, and cherry tomatoes, 2 Linda M sausages, half a tin of beans, scrambled egg, a 60g wholemeal roll (so NICE!), and tomato sauce. (HexB + 1)

Tea: 1 Southern fried Quorn burger + 3 nuggets, low fat Supernoodles, veg bag (carrots, peas, and sweetcorn), cheese, and mayo & sauce. (5 syns + half HexA)

Snack: Advent Calendar chocolate (1) 2 Weetabix, Splenda, and Almond Milk (part of HexA)

HexA: Cheese/Almond Milk
HexB: Bread + Weetabix
Syns used: 7
Syns saved: 23
Exercise: Cleaning, tidying, and hoovering. Arm exercises.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree now. I'm far too trusting but the more I thought about it the more it sounded dodgy and, you know, disgusting!!! I'm fed up looking at rubbish cars now :(

I don't think my Grandad's going to last much longer. I know personally, from my job, the 'symptoms' of a body shutting down (ok, with animals, but it's the same really). And my Mum's youngest Sister works in a nursing home in Cornwall and as soon as she found out what sort of symptoms he had she hired a car and drove straight here. Can't imagine it's looking good. And I would never say this to Mum, but it sounds like he's suffering and he shouldn't have to :(

So sorry to hear that :(

Thanks :) I'm feeling a bit detached from it all considering I only saw them each once about a month ago and that's the first time in 7 years they've spoken to us. I'll do whatever Mum wants for her, but I don't really know how to feel about it all. I do feel awful for Mum tho.x

Friday: Urgh. I couldn't sleep last night :( Lasted till 3:30 before I had to take a sleeping pill. So, of course, I slept in rather late. Mum actually woke me up getting in from work at about 1pm :eek: She'd had a call from her Sister to say they had to all go to the nursing home, so she was coming to pick her up. Poor Mum :(
And I've missed my work Christmas lunch. I completely forgot it was today. My brain's like mush at the moment!
Spent another couple of hours looking at cars last night and found the cutest Mercedes A Class that's actually in my price range :eek: I've read reviews though and there's no in between. People either love them and they're the best thing ever or people hate them and they are awkward and expensive to fix. i need my head to win this argument over my heart, but it's so CUTE! It's like a teeny little polar bear ;)
I'm trying to convince myself to wander over the shops just to get out of the house. Will see.

ETA: I did drag myself out. I wanted a nice light-up Christmas decoration for my bedroom window but couldn't find a reindeer one :( So I got Arther Christmas on dvd instead :D

So, food. I got up too late to have the lunch I was planning and it's messed up my planned EE day. But, never mind.

Lunch: Porridge, raisins, banana, Splenda, 1/2tsp of honey, and Almond milk (HexB, part of HexA, and 2.5)

Tea: I'm defrosting a tub of 'lamb' daal. Packet of Mild Curry rice, cottage cheese, slightly spicy crispy potatoes, salad and a tiny bit of dressing (not really synnable!). Does salad go with curry? Apparently it does, I was pleasantly surprised :) No syn tea and I'm stuffed!!

Snack: 2 Weetabix, Splenda, 1/2tsp of honey, Almond milk. (HexB + part HexA + 0.5)
Advent Calendar chocolate (1)

HexA: Almond milk
HexB: Porridge + Weetabix
Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 29
Exercise: About an hour and a half walking to, around, and home from the shops. Arm exercises.

Last edited:
I'm so closed to crying :( I've been on my own all day almost every day this week, had all plans cancelled, no one to talk to, no one to really help me with the car situation, and I just feel crap :(
I know there's a lot going on, everyone's busy, some pretty bad stuff is happening. But I've been left, by myself, I never ask anyone for anything, and when Mum came home before she wasn't even listening to me when I was talking.
I know she's going through a lot, I really do. But what about me?!

Now we're going Christmas food shopping tomorrow. Even though I've pretty much begged anyone and everyone to try and get to see this car. And if I don't want to get up and over to the shops for 9:30 am then I'll miss the Christmas shopping as well :(

I'm sorry to go on, especially on what's supposed to be a weight loss diary, but I have nowhere 'safe' to talk about this stuff.x

Ps: My Grandad is apparently doing much better today :) I doubt he will ever recover, but if he's comfortable and coping a little better then that's good.

cheekychinchilla said:
I'm so closed to crying :( I've been on my own all day almost every day this week, had all plans cancelled, no one to talk to, no one to really help me with the car situation, and I just feel crap :(
I know there's a lot going on, everyone's busy, some pretty bad stuff is happening. But I've been left, by myself, I never ask anyone for anything, and when Mum came home before she wasn't even listening to me when I was talking.

Now we're going Christmas food shopping tomorrow. Even though I've pretty much begged anyone and everyone to try and get to see this car. And if I don't want to get up and over to the shops for 9:30 am then I'll miss the Christmas shopping as well :(

I'm sorry to go on, especially on what's supposed to be a weight loss diary, but I have nowhere 'safe' to talk about this stuff.x

Ps: My Grandad is apparently doing much better today :) I doubt he will ever recover, but if he's comfortable and coping a little better then that's good.

Big hugs xxxx

I'm not good at giving advice but it can't be nice not having anyone to talk to etc.....
I know its Christmas and people go a bit crazy but they should still take the time to listen to their friends.

Xx

Hey, sorry you are having such a rough time. It's hard especially when everyone around is full of Christmas Cheer etc. That's good news about your Grandad though.

Hey guys. Thanks so much for your replies. I've calmed down a lot. It just all felt like too much :( I don't blame Mum at all, she just looks zoned out all the time and I know she's in a lot of pain with her illnesses, which all the bloody stress isn't helping.
We were having a lovely day today, quite exciting! We got up early to go shopping, but while I was getting ready Mum literally burst in to my room and said we should go look at the car I liked. So we did :D The car was a rust bucket with side mirrors held on with tape :eek:
It was at a really nice garage/showroom and, good on the sales guy, he left us to it for a while and then came back shaking his head with an "I know" smile. He said it really wasn't a good car for me and would only be a good idea to go to a new driver who was mechanically minded who wanted a bit of a project. He said he wouldn't be happy selling it to me, so he didn't lol. We talked about a lovely Nissan, even though it was automatic, and he made me go on his computer and get an insurance quote! It was very high, so we scrapped that.
Then I mentioned another Peugeot I'd seen on the site and he said it'd be perfect for me. Much newer, nothing wrong with it, low mileage, only had 2 women owners etc.... So I went and drove it. Sales guy as the passenger, Mum in the back, and I loved it! It's beautiful to drive! I was so nervous coz I hadn't driven a car in over 2 months but it was brilliant. So yeah, I bought a car.... I had to get it on finance, but it's very low (8%) and even though I set it as 3 years, to keep the payments below £100pm, I can pay it off whenever I want. So I could save or come in to some money and pay it off ;) I paid for an extended AA Warranty too, just for piece of mind really. So yeah, I should have it on Thurs or Fri next week :D
The insurance is pretty low, for me, so even though I'm absolutely freaking out and panicking and being 'special' about it all. I think I made a few pretty smart, sensible decisions today. Well, hopefully..... Will post a pic in a bit.

BUT we got half way home and my Mum got a call from her Sister to say she was on her way to get her coz Grandad was being rushed in to hospital. We later get a call from Mum saying he wasn't even at hospital yet, it wasn't technically an emergency, and they'd talked Mum in to staying at my Nan's house for 'as long as it takes'. I'm SO p*ssed off for Mum and my Sister is even more angry than me. There was no need to 'rush' and get Mum and scare the life out of her. She hadn't eaten or taken her meds coz we were on our way to get lunch. My Sister and her boyf had to drive to my Nan's with a bunch of Mum's stuff to last her at least 2 days, then had to drive home with a shopping list for us to go do the Xmas food shopping coz Mum wouldn't be able to. Mum LOVES doing the Christmas food shopping and we always do it together. Obv we're more than happy to support Mum and help her out as much as possible. But the whole situation is a joke! I feel so awful for Mum. She's only been back in touch with them 2 months and they're working her in to the ground. And she's not well herself and I can see how much pain she's in.
Me & my Sis are so angry and feel so helpless. Mum's even thinking of cancelling seeing her friends on Christmas Eve, they're doing lunch & going to see It's A Wondeful Life. I've told her she cannot cancel and she HAS to go! She needs a day to herself. ARGH!!!

Ahem, anyway.... coz I'd be on my lonesome my Sister invited me to crash her date night. Her Mr bought us McDonald's for tea. Normally i would have turned it down but I'd had porridge at 9:30am, we got to McDonald's at 8:30pm, my Sis hadn't eaten either and been working all day, and we needed to eat before we went in to the cinema. We both had the veggie burger with large chips and pretty much inhaled it. Then we went to see The Hobbit :D Only had coffee in there.
I was hungry by the time we got in so had wholemeal toast with big blobs of Peanut butter and chocolate spread- This is always one of my Christmas treats and I couldn't resist cracking them open.

I've had such a mental up and down day. I was close to a panic attack over the car stuff and I'm so tense and painful. I'm sure the excitement will kick in eventually!!

Thanks for sticking with this if you have.xx

Going for a low syn day today to help out with yesterdays indulgence. Could have been MUCH worse tho!!
Not had any news from my Mum :( Hope all is ok. And I hope she's ok too.

Green day today and I may have to use all my Hex's ;)

Lunch: 2 Linda M Sausages, cheesy scrambled eggs, half a tin of spaghetti, crispy potatoes, wholemeal toast, and bbq sauce. (2 + half HexA + a HexB)

Tea: High Veg Pasta n Sauce made with water, 2 Quorn fillets with green Tabasco, veg bag (carrots, peas, and sweetcorn), cheese, and dressing/mayo (0.5 + HexA)

Snack: 2 Weetabix, Splenda, 1/2tsp of honey, and Almond Milk (HexB + part of HexA + 0.5)

HexA: Cheese + cheese/Almond milk
HexB: Bread + Weetabix
Syns used: 3
Syns saved: None to recover yesterday a little lol.
Exercise: The crazy 3.5hrs of Domestic Goddessing. Arm exercises.

Last edited:
Back