Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Ha! Things are no better with the boy. In fact the boy split up with me! I haven't spoken to him since. he sent me a generic Christmas text which I replied to, but I was very short with him. He sent me an even more generic text on NYE which I haven't replied to. I'm not sure amything he could say would make up for how much he hurt me. Bloody idiot!

I'm really paranoid about not locking the car! I ran out of Tesco's to check on my first outing with it. And checked it twice on the first day I took it to work.

I can't even describe what the Linda M sausages taste like. Sort of a bit like stuffing, but not really. I dunno.... lol.

Anyway, I was having my last day of 'eating crap' today and it was a disaster! I didn't have breakfast coz I was driving Mum and my friend Michelle for lunch. We got very lost and got there a bit late. We waited aaaaages for the food and when it eventually came I didn't get mine. So we chased the guy and he brought me the wrong thing. After an hour we ran out of time and I had to get a refund :( I only ordered a f*cking cheese omelette!! :rolleyes:
Then I took my friend for her hospital appointment. Her first one with a gastrointestinal consultant.
And then we went to the retail park and managed to get a few sale bargains. All mine were size 12 :D But still no food!!!
So we went to M&S and I got a chargrilled veg pizza and had that with wedges. The WHOLE pizza! Then a few chocolates. Then I had a couple of mince pies with Ben & Jerry's. And now I'm having a beer. Then I'm done :) It's always hard getting back on the wagon after some time off. But I have my birthday celebrations coming up so at least I have something to aim for.
Hope I haven't put on too much weight. Will find out next weekend :)

I am truly in awe of your determination and will power over the festive period. Well done you !!! I am a fat greedy biatch and have put on 8lbs over 3 weeks. I feel bloated and yukky so jumped back on the wagon yesterday and managed to lose 2lb already :)

Only 1 slight issue...I am going to TGIs for food and cocktails tomorrow. See that 2lbs , I will prob find it again tomorrow night lol

Ooh that's exciting that you got the car. Sounds like your food was fairly restrained over Xmas too I've ate soooo much rubbish! Back on the wagon today, hopefully lol x

Awww no! I'm not surprised you haven't spoken to him since. I know it's not always what you want to hear, but you are so much better off, you deserve somebody who is going to put as much effort into the relationship as you.

Aww don't worry, I was the same. I had those little voices "have you locked your car?", "did you turn the lights off?", "did you put the handbrake on?" and I had a thing about loosing my keys (which i've never done:confused:) but I would put them in a "special" pocket, forget where I put them and then panic when I couldn't find them again. Safe to say, this OCD behaviour of mine didn't last long lol!

You've done really well over Christmas hun, so don't beat yourself up about having a few treats, you can easily turn it around!:D I'm being really lazy with my meals at the moment. We've just had so much food left over from Christmas! xx

Awww no! I'm not surprised you haven't spoken to him since. I know it's not always what you want to hear, but you are so much better off, you deserve somebody who is going to put as much effort into the relationship as you.

Aww don't worry, I was the same. I had those little voices "have you locked your car?", "did you turn the lights off?", "did you put the handbrake on?" and I had a thing about loosing my keys (which i've never done:confused:) but I would put them in a "special" pocket, forget where I put them and then panic when I couldn't find them again. Safe to say, this OCD behaviour of mine didn't last long lol!

You've done really well over Christmas hun, so don't beat yourself up about having a few treats, you can easily turn it around!:D I'm being really lazy with my meals at the moment. We've just had so much food left over from Christmas! xx

Yup. He wanted us to go back to being friends and I had to respect that. I told him that I didn't respect anything he had said to me in those last couple of weeks and that I needed time. He can f*ck right off tbh! Not sure any amount of time or anything will ever fix it.
I'm still stuck on the endless repeat of "I'll never find anyone. I'll be alone forever and end up a crazy dog lady. He was my last chance" blah, blah, blah but I'll get over it.

Luckily my car beeps at me like a lunatic if I leave my lights on lol. But the locking thing is freaking me out. I've started lifting a door or the boot handle just to check, then I'm happy. I left it in a mutli-story car park today for like 6hrs. It was so nerve wracking! I did keep checking my key was still there :rolleyes:

My meals today have been low syn. I had sausage and boiled egg on toast for lunch. And that really low syn M&S lasagne with veg and a jacket spud for tea. But I have had a few Hotel Chocolat choccies and a mince pie. I'm easing myself in :whistle: I figure at least low syn meals will help but I will most definitely be on plan 110% come Monday coz I don't want to undo any good I managed before Christmas! Plus I don't wanna put weight on before my b'day ;) Very low syn meals and a couple of Christmassy treats will get me through till Mon :) No going mental! Promise :)

Urgh! I feel sick :( Got the finance agreement through for the car and it's not in any way what he 'sold' it to me as. For a start it's for 2 years, when I wanted 3. He worked out the payments, inc the 8% interest, to be £71 per month. Yet he didn't tell me about the finance and arrangement fees and an extra 29% apr for something I don't understand. Basically, on top of the car and warranty, they're asking for an extra £1000! Now I knew there'd be interest, but that was 8% and he assured me that the payments would be and stay at £71 per month. I've worked it out, going by the figures on the agreement, that with the extra fees and an extra year's interest that if I pay over 3 years the payments STILL wouldn't be £71, there likely to be around £90. WTF?!
Mum called them before, coz I was so upset, but we've been waiting almost 3 hours for someone to call back. I'm so angry and upset. I feel sick, I'm shaking, my head's thumping, and I have an upset tummy :( I can't believe this is happening. I'd got my head round it all and workd out how to make the payments, and now it's all f*cked up!! :cry:

Obv don't feel like eating today now :(

Lunch: porridge, banana, Splenda, 1/2tsp of honey, and Almond milk (Part HexA, HexB, + 0.5)

At the cinema: 3 Hotel Chocolat chocs (9) I took 4 and couldn't eat them. Still feel very sick!

Tea: Nice and bland! 2 Quorn fillets, tomato Pasta N Sauce, microwave veg bag (carrots, sweetcorn, and broccoli), cheese, dressing & bbq sauce. (half HexA + 1 syn)

Last edited:
Urgh! I feel sick :( Got the finance agreement through for the car and it's not in any way what he 'sold' it to me as. For a start it's for 2 years, when I wanted 3. He worked out the payments, inc the 8% interest, to be £71 per month. Yet he didn't tell me about the finance and arrangement fees and an extra 29% apr for something I don't understand. Basically, on top of the car and warranty, they're asking for an extra £1000! Now I knew there'd be interest, but that was 8% and he assured me that the payments would be and stay at £71 per month. I've worked it out, going by the figures on the agreement, that with the extra fees and an extra year's interest that if I pay over 3 years the payments STILL wouldn't be £71, there likely to be around £90. WTF?!
Mum called them before, coz I was so upset, but we've been waiting almost 3 hours for someone to call back. I'm so angry and upset. I feel sick, I'm shaking, my head's thumping, and I have an upset tummy :( I can't believe this is happening. I'd got my head round it all and workd out how to make the payments, and now it's all f*cked up!! :cry:

Aww that's not on hun. Something similar happened to me, it ended up being a payment protection they added without my consent. Have a read through your contract hun, there should be a 14 day cooling off period! .X

Oh no how horrible I hope you get it sorted. Was going to say the same there should be a cooling off period so you will be able to cancel if the agreement isn't what was agreed. Hopefully they will sort it out for you xx

Aww that's not on hun. Something similar happened to me, it ended up being a payment protection they added without my consent. Have a read through your contract hun, there should be a 14 day cooling off period! .X

There's all sorts of charges (finance agreement, interest I wasn't told about, and something else) AND the most important thing was changing the length of the agreement. WTF?! I like the car, I've paid the friggin insurance, and I'd gotten my head round it all. Just can't believe this is happening :cry:

My Mum spoke to the guy I spoke to, who just fobbed me off, and proper bollocked them! Don't know what will come of it :(

There's all sorts of charges (finance agreement, interest I wasn't told about, and something else) AND the most important thing was changing the length of the agreement. WTF?! I like the car, I've paid the friggin insurance, and I'd gotten my head round it all. Just can't believe this is happening :cry:

My Mum spoke to the guy I spoke to, who just fobbed me off, and proper bollocked them! Don't know what will come of it :(

It's so wrong, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it:(. Similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago, when I eventually got the paperwork through, it wasn't what I had agreed, they had added payment protections and added interest, I was NOT happy, so I know exactly how you feel hun. I would highlight everything your not happy with and then go down and speak to them (and don't leave until you have a new contract agreement that your happy with, because if they post it out... you risk going outside of your 14 day cooling off period) xx

We have a bit of an action plan. I'm going to keep the two year contract because I can take the little bit extra out of what I save each month (I'm really strict over savings :)) and at least that means I wont have to pay another year of ridiculous interest. BUT I'm going to make them sweat a bit. My friend's said that when they call me tomorrow I'm to take notes of everything they say and then tell them that I have an appointment with a financial advisor and I will call them back after I've seen them. I don't have an appointment ;)
But I am still really unhappy about what's happened esp as nothing was explained at all and things have been changed and added without my knowledge.
All's I was told about was the 8% interest for the amount of credit, which comes to £635 over 2 years. BUT there's also a 29.8% APR that comes to £361. A credit facility fee of £199 and a completion fee of £75. Not one of these things were explained to me or even made aware of. I've never done finance before and I was clearly struggling with the decision (as I think everyone noticed) yet all's he told me was that I would pay 8% interest. That was it!!

So yeah, if anyone has any ideas at what I can do please say :) I like the car, I think it's a more sensible decision to pay it off sooner- 2yrs means much less interest, the car's mine sooner, if anything drastic happens to it I can part ex or whatever. So it is the better option! But I'm going to lie a bit and say that my Mum has offered to help me out so that I can keep the 2 year contract and basically get away from them asap!

I've also written down everything that is wrong with it coz it's still under their 1month guarantee. They still need to replace my driver seat, fix the passenger front seat, I'm not happy with the brakes, and my clock doesn't work.
I'm also going to make a point of saying that the repayments will be a struggle and unlike every other car place they didn't offer me tax or MOT. The tax is due this month and MOT in the summer.

But please, please, if anyone has any ideas or knows someone they can ask, that would be fantastic :) xx

Food for today: A sort of on off day. Absolute last day I've only being kinda good tho ;) :innocent0002:

Lunch: 2 Linda M Sausages, half a tin of beans, 2 hash browns, 2 slices of full size wholemeal/seeded bread, and tomato sauce.

Tea: Mash, Quorn meatballs, flowery sprouts (found these in Asda!), mixed veg, onion gravy, horse radish, and piccalilli.

Last treats!!:

Last edited:
I might have bought another jumper while I was in Asda :whistle: It was in the sale and it's blue with a 'wintery' pattern! It's for my holiday really, but it's lovely. Found it in the mens section and it's a small :D I really don't need any more clothes for the holiday lol! I have enough cold weather clothes to last me the rest of my life :p But for £10 I couldn't resist and I've been trying to find a reasonably priced one with that sort of design for ages.
I also bought lots of low/free syn stuff and healthy things :D

The more I read in to my car situation the worse it gets. I've scoured my agreement and I have no cooling off period - I've checked financial sites and this is correct if you've signed the paper work at the place of business.
BUT all the sites say that all fees, charges, interest, and repayments should be explained in full and gone through quite strictly. They're even supposed to check you are absolutely certain you can make the repayments!! Also they are legally supposed to give me a copy of my signed agreement when I signed the papers. They didn't. I even asked if I should be taking anything with me and the guy said no. So I at least have that. So I can go along the lines of mis-selling as well as incorrectly executed credit arrangement.
I think I'm going to call the CAB tomorrow and try and arrange an appointment.

I feel like SUCH an idiot :(

Right, back on plan today. I feel so stressed and sick that I really don't feel like eating. Just had to literally force myself to eat my lunch :(
Going to meet my friends in a bit for a walk with their dog Lulu and my Dave. The weather's awful!!! Need to walk Ellie hound first tho...

An Extra Easy Day:

Lunch: Porridge, banana, Splenda, and 1/2tsp of honey (HexB, part HexA, and 0.5 syn)

Tea: Chickpea dahl with Quorn pieces, onion, mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, green beans, and butternut squash. Packet of Mild Curry rice. Salad & dressing (0.5) Made enough curry to freeze a portion :)

Snack: Small bowl of red grapes, blueberries, and raspberries and a Shape 0 (0.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash. Highlights made with hazelnut milk (2 + rest of HexA)

Syns used: 3.5
Syns saved: 6.5

Exercise: 25mins walking the rain with Ellie. We're a bit soggy now!
2hrs slow walking with Dave, Caz, and Lulu :)
A quick 10min hoover.
Arm exercises.

Last edited:
Back