Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Friday: Urgh I'm an absolute mess today :( Feel so down and anxious. I'm so jittery and the anxiety has kicked off the Raynaud's so I'm having trouble holding stuff today. I'm so sick of feeling like this :(
I'm taking Mum to pick up some train tickets from her friend later and then we're going to Asda. I need my free Linda M sausages :p Both my local Asda's are sold out of the free Linda M Sausages :eek: :cry:

Decided on an EE day today. Lunch was a bit odd, but nice :)

Lunch: Big jacket potato, half a tin of bbq beans, Quorn steak strips, cheese, salad, and dressing & mayo (half HexA + 0.5)

Tea: Home made, veg packed, syn free chilli!!! Me and Mum got a portion each and it looks like I have at least 3 more :D It had Quorn mince, red onion, mushrooms, courgette, 3 diff coloured peppers, sweetcorn, tomatoes, Heinz mixed beans, refried beans, and spices & seasoning.
I had mine with a packet of Mexican rice, cheese, red cabbage, salad, cottage cheese, and dressing (it prob wasn't enough to syn, but will count it as 0.5 anyway + half HexA))

Snack: An Oaty Bar (HexB)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke (my Coke addiction is back :eek:) Highlights (2)

Syns used: 3.
Syns saved: 27

Exercise: sorting out the bunnies, hoovering, and shuffling 'round Asda.
Arm exercises.

Last edited:
Saturday: In work today 9:30 - 8.

Green Day + 15 syns

Breakfast: Porridge, banana, raisins, Splenda, honey, and hazelnut milk (part of HexA + HexB + 2.5)

First break: Red grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and an Activia.

Lunch: Portion of daal from the freezer with Moroccan Medley cous cous, salad, cottage cheese, and dressing (2) I couldn't finish it!

Break: Rest of the berries.

Tea: I had a proper, 'disgusting', Man Vs Food style tea :D I was in serious need of comfort food. Will explain below...
I had A portion of chilli with mac & cheese, a whole HexB of cheese, salad, and ranch dressing (3 syns + half a HexA and a HexB)

Snack: 2 Hotel Chocolat chocs (9)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 16.5
Syns saved: 25.5
Exercise: Work.
Arm exercises.

Last edited:
Bloody hell that's a lot of syns saved. Oooops! Always get a bit carried away on a first week back :eek:

I was so angry earlier! I had a woman shout at me for 20mins on the phone at work. She's threatened to make a complaint AND report me/us to the local press. Why? Because I told her she couldn't bring her pet to us because of the rules surrounding pedigree animals. Therefore she was ineligible to be treated by us. Not my rules and you can shout at me all you like! I'm going to write a short report tomorrow and I have two witnesses. Stupid bloody woman! :mad:

Sunday Plan: Work again 9:30-8

EE Day + 15

Breakfast: Porridge, banana, Splenda, honey, and hazelnut milk (part of HexA + HexB + 0.5)

First break: Red grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and an Activia.

Lunch: Ratatouille with Quorn mince in, pasta, cheese, salad, and super low cal dressing (half HexA)
A clementine.

Snack: Small apple.

Tea: Mum went a bit mad with tea lol! Quorn cottage pie (small chilled one), sweet potato & normal roasties, stuffing, gravy, LOADS of veg, and some sauces (11.5 for cottage pie, gravy, sauces, and stuffing)

End of week treat: 4 Custard Creams (yes four ;)) And a bag of Reeses Pieces (23)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. A Coors Light (4.5)

Syns used: 39.5
Syns left this week: 1!! I'll try not to let the syns build up like that again. Although this coming week I will be trying to 'save' for my birthday celebrations. I bet next week I'll save hardly any :rolleyes:

Exercise: Work.

Last edited:
Awww mate - that's the lot of some of us. Dealing with crappy customers. It's horrible and really stressful. And you can't shout back

:grumble:

But you're sticking with it and you're doing so well. Courage in the face of adversity or something right?! ;) x

Awww mate - that's the lot of some of us. Dealing with crappy customers. It's horrible and really stressful. And you can't shout back

:grumble:

But you're sticking with it and you're doing so well. Courage in the face of adversity or something right?! ;) x

Something like that yeah. She kept saying "But you're a charity" I'm aware of that woman, I work for them, and we have rules that allow us to keep treating ELIGIBLE animals!!!! :asskick:

Well done for staying strong through all of this hun. I know you must be feeling very down and anxious at the moment, but hopefully on Friday you'll know a lot more on where you stand and it'll ease your mind.

Your homemade chilli sounded lovely!! I love bulking my chilli out with lots of veg:D

Sorry to hear about the awkward customer:confused:, that's the only downside about working with the public sometimes! Lol, hope tomorrow is a better day xx

Well done for staying strong through all of this hun. I know you must be feeling very down and anxious at the moment, but hopefully on Friday you'll know a lot more on where you stand and it'll ease your mind.

Your homemade chilli sounded lovely!! I love bulking my chilli out with lots of veg:D

Sorry to hear about the awkward customer:confused:, that's the only downside about working with the public sometimes! Lol, hope tomorrow is a better day xx

Awkward doesn't even cover it lol! I wrote a small report today in case she does make a complaint. I'm sick of the "I'm entitled to everything for free" attitude. When I was very young & my Mum wasn't in work we took our pets to PDSA. But When she started working we had to move to a private vet. And all the years I was out of work my dogs were insured, my pets never went without vet treatment, I (heaven forbid!) had to get the bus to the vets, etc... Just p*sses me off!! We get people asking for us to pay their taxi fare because it's inconvenient for them to get THEIR pets to us :sigh: Rant over coz I could go on forever ;)

I don't feel very strong at the moment, but thanks matey :)

Oh I feel rough today. I feel like I'm getting a cold, but I also feel really nauseous, got an upset tummy, and keep feeling dizzy. Could everyone keep their plagues to themselves please!! :rolleyes:
In other news, I tried on the bridesmaid dress from my friends wedding just out of curiosity last night. And it fits! When I wore it I had to wear a waist nipper and even then the zip was a struggle. But it fits without that and was even a little too big around the chest and back. Wow! Cheered me up :)

Anyway, the start of a new week and a week of syn saving for my birthday weekend. I'll be 30 this time next week :D

I'm not sure what kind of day today will be as I'm feeling a little wibbly and not sure what food I want to try.

Ended up a green day + 10 syns.

Lunch: Blueberry porridge, blueberries, banana, Splenda, 1/2 tsp of honey, and hazelnut milk (HexB + 0.5)

Tea: Mediterranean Veg Pasta N Sauce, 2 Quorn fillets with a bit of hot sauce, broccoli, peas, sweetcorn, cheese, extra light mayo and a tiny bit of sweet onion sauce (HexA + 1)

Snack:2 Weetabix, splenda, 1/2tsp of honey, and Kara milk (a bit more of HexA1 + 0.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 2
Syns saved: 8
Exercise: Just cleaning out the bunnies and arm exercises. Feel exhausted from this weekend at work and sick :(

Last edited:
Oh I feel rough today. I feel like I'm getting a cold, but I also feel really nauseous, got an upset tummy, and keep feeling dizzy. Could everyone keep their plagues to themselves please!!
rolleyes.gif
^^ This!! I know exactly how you feel… every time I go out it seems I pick up something! Lol i'm close to permanantly fixing a surgical mask to my face!

How did it go at work hun? I hope nothing came from the horrible customer threatening to complain. I 100% agree with everything you said. It's true, there are a small minority that think they are entitled to everything for free. I think that's ridiculous that people ask you to refund their taxi fares, as pet owners it is THEIR responsability! I can understand why you get annoyed lol.

Awww I bet it felt amazing trying on your bridesmaid dress:D. Especially when sometimes, you yourself don't notice the weight-loss, until you try on clothes from before. It's a great pick-me-up!

Which blueberry porridge is it you have? I really need to find something new for breakfast. xx

^^ This!! I know exactly how you feel… every time I go out it seems I pick up something! Lol i'm close to permanantly fixing a surgical mask to my face!

How did it go at work hun? I hope nothing came from the horrible customer threatening to complain. I 100% agree with everything you said. It's true, there are a small minority that think they are entitled to everything for free. I think that's ridiculous that people ask you to refund their taxi fares, as pet owners it is THEIR responsability! I can understand why you get annoyed lol.

Awww I bet it felt amazing trying on your bridesmaid dress:D. Especially when sometimes, you yourself don't notice the weight-loss, until you try on clothes from before. It's a great pick-me-up!

Which blueberry porridge is it you have? I really need to find something new for breakfast. xx

Work was awful yesterday. Just unrelenting emergencies. No one heard from the horrible woman again. I do worry about her dog tho, coz it sounded like he at least needed pain relief :( I wrote up a short report and left it for management in case anything comes of it. Also said that she admitted to potentially committing fraud too.
It just winds me up that we provide a free veterinary care service and only ask for a donation (which a lot don't even give) and yet we're treated like the bad guys. Anyone who's got pets knows how much veterinary care costs! We have an awful reputation too and are not seen as 'proper' vets :rolleyes:
Of course there are lovely clients, but they get forgotten about some times when you have to deal with the bad ones so often!

It was good to try on the bridesmaid dress :D But I tried on what I wanted to wear for my birthday meal and it didn't look right and I felt uncomfortable, which ruined the mood a bit. But never mind, I have back-ups.

The blueberry, honey, and chocolate porridges I have are the kids Quaker ones - Paw Ridge :D They're lower cals and stuff than the adult ones, so I figure they're ok. Not had any issues having them.xx

Eek hope you don't get the virus love.

I saw an awesome tshirt today that made me think of you it's cute and had chill like a chinchilla on it! :-D was reduced too x

Tuesday: Still feeling icky. No worse but no better :( Getting my hair done in a minute tho :) And going to a screening of Reservoir Dogs later - not sure I've ever seen it!

Lunch: Honey porridge, blueberries, banana, Splenda, 1/2tsp of honey, and Kara milk (Part HexA, HexB, + 0.5)

Tea: Mash (my Sister stole my Smash!), 2 veggie burgers, interesting bbq beans ('fried' red onion, mushrooms, and peppers), cheese, and sauce (half HexA + 3)

Snack: Chocolate Porridge, Splenda, honey, and kara Milk (bit more of HexA + 0.5)
A few grapes and a clementine.

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 4
Syns left: 14
Exercise: A quick run from carpark to cinema lol. Arm exercises.

Last edited:
Work was awful yesterday. Just unrelenting emergencies. No one heard from the horrible woman again. I do worry about her dog tho, coz it sounded like he at least needed pain relief :( I wrote up a short report and left it for management in case anything comes of it. Also said that she admitted to potentially committing fraud too.
It just winds me up that we provide a free veterinary care service and only ask for a donation (which a lot don't even give) and yet we're treated like the bad guys. Anyone who's got pets knows how much veterinary care costs! We have an awful reputation too and are not seen as 'proper' vets :rolleyes:
Of course there are lovely clients, but they get forgotten about some times when you have to deal with the bad ones so often!

It was good to try on the bridesmaid dress :D But I tried on what I wanted to wear for my birthday meal and it didn't look right and I felt uncomfortable, which ruined the mood a bit. But never mind, I have back-ups.

The blueberry, honey, and chocolate porridges I have are the kids Quaker ones - Paw Ridge :D They're lower cals and stuff than the adult ones, so I figure they're ok. Not had any issues having them.xx

Sorry to hear your not feeling too good hun:(, maybe the surgical mask isn't such a bad idea;) Lol.

That's good news that she hasn't made a complaint, the last thing you need is added, unnecessary stress. She was more than likely just trying it on hun, so I wouldn't worry.

Good point about the veterinary costs, having 2 dog's I know myself, it is very expensive! I just think some people take free service's for granted, when they should take a look at the bigger picture and what is being offered to them.

Mmm the blueberry, chocolate porridges sound lovely!:D I think i've seen the original actually. Are they still high in fibre? SW are changing there healthy extra's so often, I don't think little tweaks will cause any harm:) xx

Sorry to hear your not feeling too good hun:(, maybe the surgical mask isn't such a bad idea;) Lol.

That's good news that she hasn't made a complaint, the last thing you need is added, unnecessary stress. She was more than likely just trying it on hun, so I wouldn't worry.

Good point about the veterinary costs, having 2 dog's I know myself, it is very expensive! I just think some people take free service's for granted, when they should take a look at the bigger picture and what is being offered to them.

Mmm the blueberry, chocolate porridges sound lovely!:D I think i've seen the original actually. Are they still high in fibre? SW are changing there healthy extra's so often, I don't think little tweaks will cause any harm:) xx

We say in work we should wear surgical masks lol!

Even if she did complain about me I was sticking to PDSA's own rules and had two witnesses. She can fark right off ;)

I'm not up to date with Health Extra's, but I'm sure they were allowed. Should probably check but, I like 'em ;)

Back