Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Oh guys, I've been comfort eating so much :( It's slowed down today, thank fully! And I really am planning on being back on track tomorrow. I've got a nice healthy tea planned - a Quorn cottage pie with a few roasties, veg, and gravy. And I've got a couple of small chocolatey things for later. But I really have to STOP comfort eating!

I Had a nice evening out for my friends 21st yday. We went for a meal at Pizza Express (3 courses and wine) and then a few of us went for a drink at a new-ish place on the outside of the town centre called Camp & Furnace. Really nice in there! I had one whisky and then a coffee. Hard core me ;)
But I had a chocolate related, might as well call it a binge, when I got back. Had such an awful, anxiety filled night tho. Barely slept, kept jumping awake from nightmares, etc...

I made myself take the dogs out seen as it was sunny and relatively warm. Had a nice 35min walk with Dave, then took Ellie out for 30mins and we got caught in a hail storm! We were a bit soggy :p

I was feeling a bit lighter, but spoke to Mum and she was so upset and trying to tell me all the things she's had to do and arrange and everything. Feel so, so sad for her.
She said the plan for the funeral was all the grandkids to travel in my cousins mini-bus. I felt awful, but I had to tell her we probably wouldn't do that. Considering the whole family circumstance it's not something either me or my Sister would feel comfortable doing. I think we'll be travelling with my Sisters boyfriend, thank fully!

Oh and STILL no news on the car. I'm supposed to get a phone call tomorrow - I'll give them till lunch time (when I get up ;)) If it's not going to be ready I'm going to have to push for them to give me a courtesy car. Fecking eejits!

Anyway, I think that's enough of an update for now.
Hope everyone's ok? I'll be back with my proper food diary tomorrow. Lets get rid of whatever I've managed to put on with my ridiculous comfort eating. xx

Hi everyone!
I'm pleased to say that I have had one healthy, very low syn meal today and have another planned for my tea. No biscuits, or chocolate, or anything :) It's killing me though coz I just want a takeaway ;) But I wont.
I checked my pay had gone in and I got my Christmas overtime. So I ordered myself this from Phase Eight 301226812_1.pnghttp://www.phase-eight.co.uk/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=301226812
I've wanted it for ages. I think I said on here that it was one of the few things in the sales I really liked, but it was still £59 when I kept checking at Debenhams. Checked online and it's £45. Phase Eight had an extra 10% off sale items + free delivery + I got cashback through Top Cashback. Couldn't say no to that could I ?! ;)
It's already been dispatched so I'll hopefully have it in a day or two :)

Mum's supposed to be coming home today, but neither me or my Sister have heard much from her.

Mondays food: Green Day + 10 syns.

Lunch: 2 free Linda M Sausages, half a tin of beans, 2 boiled eggs, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce (HexB1 + 1)

Tea: 2 Quorn apple burgers (I'm REALLY hungry and it's better than a takeaway!), Country Veg Pasta N Sauce made with water, salad, cheese, dressing, extra light mayo, and bbq sauce. (half HexA + 2)

Snack: 2 Activia's :eek: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)

Drinks: Coke Zero. Coffee. Highlights hot chocolate (half HexA for almond Milk + 2)

Syns used: 5
Syns saved: 5

Exercise: just a bit of tidying and hoovering. Didn't fancy going out with the dogs in the rain again today lol.

Last edited:
Oh dear Lord!! So I phoned the car place just before 4:30 - I thought I'd give them most of the day to sort out whatever the hell they're doing. The receptionist, who up until this point had been quite nice, was very short with me and tried her best to get me off the phone. I pushed enough to say I need them to check for MOT proof. She said they were test driving it at the moment and would call me back when they'd finished. So I waited two hours and called them back "Sorry love, everyone from the work shop has gone home" :mad::rant2:
So they've had it 4 days, no one has ever called me, I still don't know what's wrong with it, when I'm getting it back, if they have proof of MOT or if I have to make them do one at their expense, or well bloody anything!!! I'm so close to either Hulking out or becoming a gibbering wreck in the corner.....

So, I called the car place AGAIN this morning. The car is fixed 'mechanically' and they all seem happy with it (yes I'll be test driving it!). But they STILL don't have my new drivers seat. One of the reasons they were keeping it so long was to do everything all at once. But I need my car! I don't trust that it would 'just be a couple of days' and I might as well wait until they tell me the seat is in the building! God I don't even care about the seat any more (although I know it would lower the reselling price) but out of principle I want my f*cking seat!! I hope everything is alright with it.
I also made a point of mentioning the MOT certificate again. It was like I'd never ever mentioned it, which I have, every single time I've called! She said she would get someone to look for it today. I told her I'd phone back with a time for me to collect the car and to also check this had been done so I'm not wasting people's time.
God I'm SO annoyed!!

I had such an awful night too. Was still awake at 4am even with sleeping pills. Woke up a billion times. Then at 7am a parcel arrived (bloody deodorant from BzzzAgent :rolleyes:) , was awake for a while, and then my alarm went off so I could call the car place :cry:I'm so tired and my head feels like it's going to explode!
Mum is actually supposed to be coming home today. Might do a big pan of mash and then we can all have whatever we want with it.
Food diary in a bit when I work out what I want...

Tuesdays food: Green Day + 10

Lunch: Gingerbread porridge, banana, Splenda, and Almond milk (part HexA1 + HexB1) And an Activia.

Tea: Mac & Cheese, 2 Quorn fillets in a bit of hot sauce, peas, sweetcorn, and cheese (HexA2 for skimmed milk + cheese + 2)

Snack: 2 Weetabix, Splenda, and Almond milk (part HexA1)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Highlights made with half Almond milk + half water (pert HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 11

Last edited:
I really would like to slap the car people too!!:mad: That is terrible that they have had it for over 4 days, shouldn't they of fixed the car, asked you to collect it, then called it back in when they have your new drivers seat?! ..Oh I would kick up some fuss!!

I'm sorry your having so much trouble with them hun, i'm getting annoyed just reading about it, so I can't imagine how you feel:(

Keep your chin up hun x x

Oh, oh if you're annoyed now. Hang on to your seats ;)

So I went to get the car. I got to the showroom and was given my keys. I asked about the MOT certificate and the man I spoke to knew nothing about it. I also asked for a print out of the work done, which he said would need to be sent to me (why couldn't he just print it out?!). He sat me and my Sister down and asked to see my log book for the car. I had to explain I had never been given this (I have NO idea what a log book is. I don't have one) and he was really, really shocked! I then went on to explain that I had absolutely no signed paper work or in fact any paper work from the show room. All I had received was my extended warranty booklet and the change of ownership from DVLA. So I explained again that my tax is due in two days, I want proof of MOT, and I now need a log book sent to me. He took my details and promised to call me tomorrow. As if that is going to happen. Absolute twunts!! He said they may have to sort out my tax and re-issue an MOT certificate.

So, I've written absolutely everything down up till I left the car place. My friend is going to turn it in to a letter of complaint. They're going to get a copy and if nothing is done then I'm going to look at taking it further.
Am I right in thinking that not having the log book is illegal and would look like I'd stolen the car if I was ever pulled over?! I know that's extreme, but still....

Anyway, I picked up Mum and she's home for a couple of nights at least :) Feel a bit bad that I've arranged to see my friend tomorrow afternoon, but it was her 21st today and I wanna give her her prezzie and stuff. She's my adventure buddy!

Food changed a bit than I'd planned coz Mum didn't come home for tea. Made mac & cheese with Quorn and veggies for me and my Sister tho :) Will update the foody bit now.
Urgh I'm so tiiiiired!x

Oh my what am endless drama hope you get the car nonsense sorted out soon eek :-/ what a bunch of arseholes!! X

Goodness me. I hate car stuff. I heard recently that we are supposed to renew our license every 10 years or something??? Eeek at me then since I have never renewed it ever. Hope things settle down for you soon. Look how far you've come. x

Oh FFS!!! I called them just after 5 and the guy I saw yesterday was busy and would call me back. Of course they didn't and I phoned them again at 6 and managed to speak to him. He said they would sort the tax tomorrow and I could just pay them over the phone by debit card :mad: I didn't give him any details. He also said my logbook was still with dvla. As if they STILL have it, they've probably had to ask for a new one, although I doubt they've even bothered. I asked about the MOT and got a "yeah yeah".
So obv I don't trust that they will do this. Poor Mum has agreed to come with me tomorrow and we're just going to go and try and get the documents I need to at least tax the thing.

I've also just found these delightful reviews Prestige Motors Direct Ltd, Newton-Le-Willows | Used Car Dealers - Yell I just want to cry. I feel physically sick :cry:

Does anyone know who I can complain to or report them to?? x

Wednesdays food: Green + 10

Lunch: Porridge, banana, Splenda, and almond milk (Part HexA1 + HexB1)

Tea: My sister made a 'stew' for us all. It was tinned tomatoes, cannelini beans, peppers, shallots, sweetcorn, spinach, and chopped up Quorn sausages. We had this with roasted new potatoes which were roasted in a tbsp of oil (2 syns for sausages and even though it's prob too much coz the oil was shared between the 3 of us technically, I'll count 0.5 for oil) She'd run out of Frylight lol

Snack: 40g All Bran chocolate crunch + almond milk (HexB + 2 for extra cereal + another bit of HexA)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash.

Syns used: 4.5
Syns saved: 16.5

Last edited:
So, me and Mum got in the car this morning and drove to the car place. We got there about 10. Oddly enough the guy who said not to phone because he wouldn't be there WAS there. Oh I'm so surprised :hmm: He was a little bit shocked to see us and seemed VERY put out. Anyway, before i carry on, I'm sure this is pretty much illegal....

I explained what I wanted: my MOT certificate, a print out of work done on the car, my logbook or some sort of proof that it had been requested, and written confirmation that I would receive and have fitted a new driver’s seat when one became available.
He wrote, signed, and stamped a letter containing the following information: The MOT certificate couldn’t be obtained and the mechanic had ‘nipped out’ and wasn’t available to obtain the information about work done on my car. These are to be posted out to me when available. And the driver’s seat will be fitted when available.
As I’m not happy with the car still, especially the gears, he has booked the car back in for Thursday. He has also promised me a courtesy car for the duration of the time my own car is in the work shop.
I had to pay them via card for 6 months road tax and they are sending an employee to obtain it today. I asked if I could do this myself, but he said no as I do not have the correct documents yet and they have a way of doing it without the logbook. He took a photo copy of my current tax disc and assured me this was all that was needed and that my tax disc would be delivered to my house this evening by another employee.

So yeah, waiting for my tax to arrive. I can't believe they're doing this. Apparently the Post Office they use does them 'favours' :airquote: for when the proper paper work isn't available. Awesome, just awesome! I so very much didn't want to give them my money, but I couldn't see any other way. If I didn't let them do it then I couldn't tax my car. ARGH!!! So, it continues. I'm typing all this up as it happens now...

Mum treated me to breakfast at Starbucks. I had porridge with soy milk and maple syrup. I'm probably not going to syn it enough, but I don't care :p I'm stressed the hell out and it was better than a muffin ;)

Thursday food:

Breakfast: Starbucks porridge with maple syrup and made with soy milk (Part HexA, HexB, and 5 syns)

Lunch: A Quorn apple burger, low fat Supernoodles, salad, and mayo (1)

Tea: 2 Linda M Sausages, a jacket spud, half a tin of bbq beans, a tsp of light Philly, cheese, and salad. (half HexA + 1)

Snack: An Activia and 45g of All Bran Chocolate Crunch with Almond milk (rest of HexA1 + HexB2 + 3)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 10
Syns left: 16.5

Last edited:
Back