Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Holy crap that all sounds so incredibly dodgy! Hope all the things they are supposed to be doing get done at last.

Some porridge and syrup isn't bad at all for a breakfast out. Eek what a nightmare company - maybe you could write a review too - more negative ones might save someone else from going through all this? X

The All bran Chocolate Crunch sounds lovely! I wish the HxB cereals were bigger portions! (Surely a bigger breakfast would stop you snacking as much between breakfast and Lunch, well that's my theory and i'm sticking to it;) lol)

I don't half feel for you with all the car trouble. It's good that your recording everything, once they have sorted everything out for you I would get in touch with there Head Office to make an official complaint. Nobody should have to go through what you have (especially when what they are doing is Illegal). Have you heard anything more from the Solicitor? x x

So I just got home. No tax disc through my door. No phone call. Nothing! In about 35mins my car will be un taxed. WTF am I supposed to do?!

Once/if anything ever gets sorted I will not only write bad reviews I am going to report them to anyone I can. I don't think they have a head office or anything, I *think*it's a stand alone business, but I'll have to look in to it.
The solicitor just dismissed me and basically told me it was my own fault. I'm reluctant to go to the CAB again now as he was so unhelpful and not exactly very nice. Really don't know what to do.

I'm so angry I'm shaking :cry:

You could try reporting them to Trading Standards, the way they're treating you is unfair and almost certainly illegal. Maybe write an email/letter of complaint to Trading Standards detailing everything that's happened so far, then tell the car people you've contacted Trading Standards and see whether that moves them along any faster. It really is so ridiculous, they're just awful! Really hope you're ok xx

I've checked Trading Standards and they wont give advice, but tell you to contact Citizens Advice Bureau :confused:

The woman did offer to drop the tax disc off in the morning, but when I made a fuss she said tonight. So I guess there's a very slim chance that it'll be delivered in the morning. But I doubt it so very much. I can't believe this is happening :cry:

So today's stress filled day. I woke up at 10 (think I got about 5hrs sleep) and no tax disc. Soooo, today's 'car diary' entry:
"1[SUP]st[/SUP] Feb:
No tax disc by 10am. I called the showroom and spoke to Cam. He said he didn't know why I didn't have it as he'd left instructions with Wendy.
He said he'd call me back in 15mins.

No call after an hour so I called them back. Cam was still busy so I asked the receptionist to let him know I had an important appointment at 2pm.
I only live 30mins from the showroom and I expect someone to deliver the tax disc to my house by 1pm.

Nothing arrived so I called them at 1:20pm. Spoke to a different receptionist who just said she would get Cam to sort it out.

I called again at 3pm. Spoke to a man who put me through to Cam. He said someone would drop it off tonight. I said I needed a time as I'd waited all day, let Mum go to her appointment alone in a taxi because I was waiting here and unable to drive the car. He said the car is taxed and could be driven.
I said I'd checked online at DVLA and it was still showing as un-taxed and I wanted proof that I could legally drive my car. He's going to email me a copy of the disc to 'prove' it has been taxed so it could be driven.
He then said again that someone would drop it at my house this evening. I said I needed a time and he said he'd email me this first and then talk to me. He just hummed and haah'd and wouldn't answer me.

At 4pm Cam actually called me back. They were having issues with the scanner, so he is trying to take a photo to send me.
I asked wouldn't it be easier if someone just brought it to me. He said he was trying to sort it out for me. But the car is definitely taxed.
He called me again at 4:15 to see if I'd received the email. I hadn't, so he text me a picture of the tax disc.
He assured me it was in his hand and would get it to me tonight. But wouldn’t give me a time.
I can't do much with a photo of a tax disc and dvla hasn't updated yet, so I am still showing as expired"

ps. We didn't really have an appointment, but I thought it might move things along. Apparently not :rolleyes:

I'm so stressed out today. My head is killing, I've been all shaky and nauseous, didn't eat anything till 3:30.
I've told work I'm not going in as well. I feel so guilty about it, esp as it's a weekend shift, but I'm really not capable of being in work right now :(
I need some sleep and a day without this intense amount of stress :cry:

Friday food: Green + 10

Lunch: Porridge, Splenda, and almond milk (HexB + part HexA1)

Tea: have defrosted a portion of chilli and I'll have a packet of Mexican rice, cheese, cottage cheese, salad, and some dressing/mayo (half HexA1 + 1)
A cherry Activia for dessert (I'm eating loads of these coz I hadn't realised the dates on them. I wouldn't usually have so many yogurts!)

Snack: 40g All-Bran Chocolate Crunch with almond milk (bit of HexA + HexB + 2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Highlights with water/almond milk (rest of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 5
Syns left: 21.5

Last edited:
Ohh hun, it just sounds like your having one problem after the other with them:( I would march into the showroom, demand to see a manager and don't leave until they have sorted it all out for you!!:mad: They can't get away with treating customers like this! If theres no Head Office… i'd go to the papers!!

I need to pick your brains, now I know you use the Alpro almond milk.… have you tried heating the milk? I had a little disaster today making a latte, it looked watery and the coffee looked like i'd stirred some treacle through it… it looked very strange?! x x

Ohh hun, it just sounds like your having one problem after the other with them:( I would march into the showroom, demand to see a manager and don't leave until they have sorted it all out for you!!:mad: They can't get away with treating customers like this! If theres no Head Office… i'd go to the papers!!

I need to pick your brains, now I know you use the Alpro almond milk.… have you tried heating the milk? I had a little disaster today making a latte, it looked watery and the coffee looked like i'd stirred some treacle through it… it looked very strange?! x x

I have a car update to post :)

I must admit that I haven't tried it in coffee. I do heat it up for hot chocolate. I'm sure my friend said that the nuts milks curdle like crazy in coffee and tea tho :confused:

Car update before food.....

Sat 2nd Feb: my Mum and I drove to Prestige Motors and arrived at 10:30am. Cam must have seen us arrive as he ran to meet us in the car park.
He handed me my tax disc and apologised for the situation and said it had all been embarrassing.
Mum spoke to Cam and explained how awkward the situation has been with no transport and having to arrange a funeral.
He did apologise and said that he would reimburse any taxi fares that were used yesterday.
She asked why we hadn't yet received any proof of work done to my car and asked was this because no work had actually been carried out in the 4 days they had my car?
She also said that since I have had the car, 4 weeks, that all I have had is hassle and been messed around and lied to.
We spoke about taking the car in to be fixed on Thursday and he, again, has promised me a courtesy car.
He has also offered to put petrol in to my own car whilst at the garage for all the running to and from the showroom I have had to do whilst sorting out issues.

I assume he ran out to meet us to we didn't make a fuss in the show room! Mum proper had a go at him, almost cried, and said she wanted to hit someone.
He super kissed our asses ;)
Well, not that i trust a word he said, but his face gave away a little of what he was actually thinking. Tw*t! ;)

Last edited:
Saturday food: Probably not right on the syns but I technically ate healthily and I don't really care ;) Green Day + 15

Had an almost good day today. After sorting the car stuff we nipped to Starbucks, well it's on the way ;) We stopped at Asda on the way back coz i needed some bits and Mum wanted help picking veggie stuff for the after-funeral-party, got Subway to take home for lunch :eek: (for the first time in years and years!), I drove Mum to her Mum's, I took Davey with me and drove to my friends and we had a nice long walk around a big park & through 2 fields, then coffee to warm up at hers, back to mine to walk the other hound, sorted the bunnies, and made an amazing tea ;) I'm a bit bloody tired now :zz:

Breakfast: Starbucks porridge with maple syrup and soy milk (donating 11 syns + part HexA1)

Lunch: A Veggie Delight Subway. All the salad (no disgusting olives), sliced cheese & grated cheese, a bit of sweet onion sauce, on 6" Honey Oat (both HexB's + HexA2 + 2 for sauce)

Tea: I tried to remake my Sister's sausage casserole and it was amazing!! :D
Garlic, red onion, peppers, green beans, sweetcorn, spinach, a tin of mixed beans in tomato sauce, carton of chopped tomatoes and herbs, Quorn sausages, and hot sauce & herbs. Made enough for two big-ass portions ;)
I had it with the cheese & onion Smash - how nice is that?! (2.5 syns for sausages)

Snack: A Malteser Bunny (8)

Drinks: Coffee. Soy sugar free caramel macchiato (rest of HexA1 for milk. Prob should be syns for something but :whistle:) Diet Coke. Sugar free Mountain Dew :woohoo:

Syns used: 23.5
Syns saved: 13

Exercise: 2hrs walking with Dave and my friend and her dog. 15min walk with Ellie.

Last edited:
I feel so wibbly today :( That's the best description I can think of. My head's all fuzzy and heavy and I have a really sickly headache, I feel nauseous, I'm jittery :confused: Thought I might feel a bit better today considering the car stuff is at least on hold for a few days, Mum has been taken to her Mum's and is with her family, and I don't really have anything important to do. But no, feel awful :( Maybe it's just catching up with me a bit?

Have had an idea to not use all of today syns and saved syns like I usually would, because I think I will need them for tomorrow. Me and my Sis don't plan to stay long at my nan's after the funeral and both of us hate eating in front of people (weirdo's that we are!), but they've made a special effort for us and one of our other cousins who's veggie, so we'll have to be polite. Not sure whether I'll be wanting to cook in the evening so we'll see. I'd feel safer saving some syns anyway, just in case :)

Sunday's food:

Lunch: 2 veggie burgers, half a tin of bbq beans, cheesy scrambled eggs, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce. (half HexA1, HexB1, + 3)

Tea: The rest of the sausage casserole (I can't resist it lol!), cheese & onion Smash, and a few aunt Bessies mini roasties. (1.5 for 100g of roasties)
I think I'm going to be making the casserole fairly often lol. Will try it with Linda M sausages or some free Quorn stuff next I think :D

Snack: A cherry Activia with 2 Cherry Bakewell Aplen Lights :D (HexB2)
Cadbury's Dinosaur biscuits (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Sugar Free Mountain Dew. Squash. And a Highlights with almond milk (2 + rest of HexA1)

Syns used: 11.5
syns saved till tomorrow: 16.5

Last edited:
I have a car update to post :)

I must admit that I haven't tried it in coffee. I do heat it up for hot chocolate. I'm sure my friend said that the nuts milks curdle like crazy in coffee and tea tho :confused:
This was mega curdling action in my cup, it looked disgusting:( I really like the almond milk, i'll probably just use it in my cereal/porridge, i'm thinking of trying the Alpro Soya Light too, fingers crossed it doesn't curdle lol!

I'm so so so happy for you:D It's about time they apologised! It had all been very embarrassing for them?! He should look at it from your perspective and how stressful and worrying it has been for you. Still - i'm glad you finally have it all sorted.

I hope you feel better soon hun:( x x

This was mega curdling action in my cup, it looked disgusting:( I really like the almond milk, i'll probably just use it in my cereal/porridge, i'm thinking of trying the Alpro Soya Light too, fingers crossed it doesn't curdle lol!

I'm so so so happy for you:D It's about time they apologised! It had all been very embarrassing for them?! He should look at it from your perspective and how stressful and worrying it has been for you. Still - i'm glad you finally have it all sorted.

I hope you feel better soon hun:( x x

I don't think it's all sorted yet. They still miss-sold me my finance, lied about almost everything, dodgily obtained my tax disc, withheld it from me for 3 days, are refusing to give me a list of work done on the car, and it's going back in on Thursday :wave_cry: I'm only leaving it if they do give me a courtesy car. I'm not going for an unknown amount of days without a car again! And he'd better do what he's promised so far as well - giving us money back for taxi's, putting petrol in my car, etc... Gang of idiots!!

But yeah, at least it's done for now and I have a few days to try and not think about it too much. Just a nightmare! x

Have just booked tickets to take Mum to see an Andrea Bocelli performance being shown at Cineworld. I doubt I could ever afford live tickets, so this will have to do ;)
He's her favourite classical singer and I really wanted to do something special for her, as a thank you for all my birthday stuff and for the rough time she's had. So the plan is a carvery for lunch and then to the screening. All's I've told her is that she needs to be free that Sunday afternoon ;)

Back