Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Yes, I found you! :D not sure why I didn't before :S I thought I was subbed to your diary, hmmm!

Sounds like you have a lot to battle on a daily basis with the anxiety and depression and whatnot :( and work sounds pretty intense!
I have borderline personality disorder which is also fun (lol) but luckily it has calmed down a bit this past year, ups and downs but not constant down like previous years where I had a lot of depression with it (and insomnia which was probably because of it!)
I get really down when I'm not doing anything for too long though; often I'm not shooting and am just at home editing and too long at home without having a life, I think that sparks it and gets me to a place of 0 ambition! But I'd hate to be in a situation like yours where I'm busy with work that is that strenuous and taxing!

20p bakery stuff- ugh! I only started shopping at Morisons while on SW and they ALWAYS have these areas of reduced pastries and pies- a huge blackberry pie for 50p! Ugh, I want :p

Hello cheeky I found your diary and have been having a wee read through, it seems like you have been having a pretty rough few weeks!! You are doing so well to remain on plan throughout when others maybe would have given up.
Anymore word on the car front?? I hate car sales men think they are all the same and just tell lies continually. I was thinking about trading mine in last week currently drive a 2010 seat leon and he told me the car I liked was reduced from 10000 to 8000 and it would reduce my current payments on my own car. So he said i could take it over 5 years i only have 2.5 years left on my own car to pay, i would be getting a smaller car seat mii but a 2012 model. So i said i would need to think about it. When i worked out the figures turns out over the 5 five years I would of been paying 10080 and i was getting nothing for my own car!!!!! He must of though i was a twit!!!

Hello :D

Unfortunately I was that twit! :eek: I was so desperate to get a car that I just went for it. I really, really wish I'd have gone away and thought about it and waited till the new year. I'm not one for impulse purchases: I impulse bought 2 ferrets when I was younger, you'd have thought that would have taught me ;) But I just wanted a car so badly :d'oh: I think I have learned a very important, very expensive lesson....

No news yet. I was hoping they'd call me *insert sarcastic smiley* but once work's out the way I will call them tomorrow afternoon. Can only deal with one thing at a time at the moment lol.

Really glad you found my diary.x

Yes, I found you! :D not sure why I didn't before :S I thought I was subbed to your diary, hmmm!

Sounds like you have a lot to battle on a daily basis with the anxiety and depression and whatnot :( and work sounds pretty intense!
I have borderline personality disorder which is also fun (lol) but luckily it has calmed down a bit this past year, ups and downs but not constant down like previous years where I had a lot of depression with it (and insomnia which was probably because of it!)
I get really down when I'm not doing anything for too long though; often I'm not shooting and am just at home editing and too long at home without having a life, I think that sparks it and gets me to a place of 0 ambition! But I'd hate to be in a situation like yours where I'm busy with work that is that strenuous and taxing!

20p bakery stuff- ugh! I only started shopping at Morisons while on SW and they ALWAYS have these areas of reduced pastries and pies- a huge blackberry pie for 50p! Ugh, I want :p

The past couple of years, even with getting a paid job after such a long break, have been pretty ok depression wise. I mean, you have bad days don't you? But generally I've been ok. But these last few months or so have seriously taken their toll and it's exhausting! I know I'll be ok, but getting through the rough times are rubbish aren't they?
I'm sorry to hear you've had some bad times too. Mental illness sucks balls!! I'm really honest and open about mine now as it makes things simpler and, to be honest, I'm over trying to pretend I'm 'normal' Lol.

Why I picked such a stressful career I've no idea! But it makes for an interesting life and I honestly really do, mostly enjoy it.

Reduced bakery stuff is a nightmare. I love cake and pastry and cookies and doughnuts and :eat:

Tiiiiiired!! I decided to stay in kennels and it was ok, ish, mostly. The lady I was on with is another friend, but she gets so damn stressed. I swear if she'd had asked me to syringe feed that cat one more time I would have syringe fed her :whistle: I tried to make friend with a cowardly collie cross, who pee'd on me twice. Carried round a rather 'round' Shihtzu with the grumpiest face ever (he was a sweety!), narrowly missed getting splattered with explosive diarrhoea, had the be***** scared out of me by an old lady staffy making the most terrifying horror movie style noises, and repeatedly told a very noisy lurcher to shut his face.... Haha.
I also got an hour with my new mentor. My first ever mentor session!! It's great because I need to get my ass in gear with this stupid course and I want it out of the way. Trouble is the course is rubbish, I have little motivation, and a total case of the 'can't be arsed'. But, it must be done, or I can't keep my job ;) It was a little disheartening because my work was pulled apart a little bit. Because my last mentor (my direct boss) was always so busy and then had quite a bit of time off with illness it meant I either did nothing or was left to get on with it myself. I think I did 4 assignments without any help! One's fine, but I have to finish it by doing a short presentation *sigh* But the others need a bit of changing. Nothing major, but I thought I'd done ok. But it seems without guidance I have maybe misread or misinterpreted some things and have sometimes gone off on the wrong tangent. But, anyway, I gotta do it. Hoping to get the assignments that just need the changes doing before Mum has her operation next Friday.

Will stop waffling now. Going to watch Shaun of the Dead :D

Last edited:
Hey hun, Happy Pancake Day!!:D

What did you think of The 5 Year Engagement? I really want to see that:)

Your Food Diary is looking great, I still need to try that Mushy Pea curry. I've seen a few pics of it, and you'd never believe it was mushy pea's! Lol xx

Hey hun, Happy Pancake Day!!:D

What did you think of The 5 Year Engagement? I really want to see that:)

Your Food Diary is looking great, I still need to try that Mushy Pea curry. I've seen a few pics of it, and you'd never believe it was mushy pea's! Lol xx

Hahaha I'm ignoring the fact that it's pancake day. Weetabix and banana for me :innocent0002: I love pancakes tho...

I saw the 5 Year Engagement at the cinema too. And watched it twice since I bought it. It's so good and really funny. I love Jason Segal, he does 'broken hearted' so well. Have you seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall? I refused to see that coz Russel brand was in it, but I caved in and it's hilarious!!! I love Jason so much :D

Mushy Pea curry is one of the best diet inventions ever. It doesn't taste like mushy peas either, but gives it a brilliant texture. My Sister hates mushy peas, but always asks for me to make this! I quite like 'poshing it up' with butternut squash, chickpeas, sweet potato, etc. TRY IT!!! ;)

Forgot to say. Two friends from work have invited me to tea as a belated/sorry we couldn't make it to your birthday meal lol. We've been talking about a little get together for ages so seemed like a good time. We're going to go on Thursday. Have had a look at the menu and being pub food it is in no way SW friendly, esp the veggie stuff! But I never really do SW friendly eating out coz it's not something I do very often really, so nice to have something special. But I'm saving syns towards it anyways :)

Wow, work really does sound chaotic. Glad to hear you narrowly missed the projectile invasion!

Yeah, one must just except mental illness and be kookie. No use trying to be normal *twitchy eye* :vibes:

It's definitely nice to have a treat when out! It would suck to pay for something crap just because it was within syn allowance! I usually save up for nights out too and end up probably having way less syns than I've kept for it!

Oddly enough, we're not technically busy at the moment! Believe it or not ;) It's always fun when me and my friend compare our kennels and ops boards. She's in private practice and I obv work for a charity. The difference is insane! I remember her telling me once that she was really stressed out because she had the inpatients to look after by herself....All 3 of them!! If we have less than 10 we get bored :p It's just a different world, it really is! But we have quietened down a little.

I had an ok day today. We had over 2 hours of meetings, which is always good coz it means we get to sit down! That never happens lol. I miss a lot of the meetings because the way my hours work, so it was good to see what the charity is up to. Lots of changes on the way, hopefully for the better. We've got some changes coming for our hospital too, but we're one of the leading hospitals in the country so we usually get the new stuff/protocols to try first and they let us 'fix' things lol. We're dead good we are ;)
I did get a one on one session with my boss too, esp as my rota is going to change a bit soon. Why do you always forget stuff you want to say when you're put on the spot? I still haven't told her about my heart check up or that I have Raynauds now. I really need to remember this stuff!!

Even if I don't save enough syns I feel like I've earned the meal or whatever, if that makes sense? And I guess it's a good habit to get in to. If I have an unexpected off plan meal or day I'll usually try and have a couple of low syn days after to compensate :)
Speaking of which, I got weighed on Monday (was hoping I'd get another chance, but there were too many people around!!) and even with the ridiculous amount of comfort eating I've done in the last 2 weeks it looks like I've lost actually lost a teeny bit :) Couldn't believe it! I really thought I would have put on a couple of lbs. Maybe the sheer amount of stress and the really low syn days in between helped :) Hopefully can get a few more off before my holiday. I'm still convinced that I will come back from the Arctic as the only person ever to put weight ON :p
This place may be one of the reasons.... smörgåstårta tårta lunch kafé te kaffe catering restaurang bageri café kiruna café safari

I just updated my stats. I'm so damn close to a 30% loss and the 4.5st award. AND 0.8 of a BMI point away from being in the healthy range. COME ON the next 2lbs!!! :party0011:
Kinda annoyed now I'll be having a meal off plan tomorrow lol ;) And probably one on Sunday. and my work friend bought me a BIG Thornton's slab for my birthday with a lovely message iced on and I don't want it to go off. Might take it the pics on Sunday and share with the Mother :)

Wednesday Food: Green + 10. I took some fruit and yogurt to work, but by the time I finished my meeting with my manager everyone had piled in to the staff room for the main meeting and I couldn't get to the fridge :eek: But I'll take them to the cinema instead. I was starving by the time I got home. I was on a half day, but stayed to chat for a bit, traffic was oddly bad just after 1pm, and I stopped at the shops on the way home.

Breakfast: Porridge, splenda, and hazelnut milk (Part of HexA1 + HexB1)

Break: Nothing!!

Lunch: Jacket spud, tin of Sainsbury's veggie ravioli, cheese, salad, and v low cal dressing (HexA2 + 2)

Cinema: Chopped kiwi and green grapes with a pineapple Activia snack pot.

Tea: Packet of Chinese rice, leftover mushy pea curry, cottage cheese, salad, and a bit of that kinda free dressing.

Snack: 2 Weetabix, splenda, banana, blueberries, and hazelnut milk (HexB2 + the rest of HexA1)
2 Mikado (1)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Diet Ginger Beer.

Syns used: 3
Syns saved: 21.5

Exercise: Prob 2 hours on my feet at work and around 45mins rushing round the shops.

I enjoyed I Give It a Year. It wasn't quite as funny as I'd hoped, but I did like it :) I think maybe Jason Segal has almost ruined romantic comedies for me now as his are so perfect! But it was good and I'd recommend it if you're in need of a chuckle.

Last edited:
Happy Valentines Day lovely Minimins friends :sign0168:
I really hadn't realised it was Valentines today, but at least I'll be doing something. A romantic meal for 3 with my work friends lol. I kinda like Valentines, but even in a relationship I don't make a big deal of it. But a little something special is quite nice, just don't like how it's been blown up to some massive day! I'm easily pleased me ;) I got a text from my Sister this morning and that's good enough!
Looking forward to the meal tonight. Think I'll be going for the veggie burger :D Obv wont be drinking coz we're all driving. So Diet Coke or Coffee for me. I'm determined to at least attempt to leave that chocolate slab alone until Sunday. BUT I have saved quite a lot of syns and I'm only going to be using 1 syn for my lunch :whistle:

Anyway, lets see how it goes... Green Day + 10 syns

Lunch: 2 Linda M sausages, half a tin of spaghetti, cheesy red pepper & mushroom scrambled egg, wholemeal toast, and sauce (HexB1 + half HexA1 + 1)

Tea: Spicy Veggie bean burger with cheese, chips, and salad. (20 + HexA2)

Snack: 40g All Bran Chocolate crunch with Almond milk (HexB1 + part of HexA1 + 2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Diet Ginger Beer. Squash.

Syns used: 23
Syns saved: 8.5

Last edited:
Quite proud of myself! We were in the pub for over 4 hours; it's amazing how much time a good rant takes ;). I had a large diet Coke, a big coffee, and just my meal. No dessert or anything :D And I've come home for some cereal and an Activia- I don't really feel like the Activia though, so it's going back in the fridge lol. I really want the birthday chocolate waiting for me, but I'm going to save that till Sunday. Going to save as many syns as possible towards the meal out and chocolate on Sunday :)

My Meal was a cajun veggie burger, no breadcrumbs or anything just made from mixed beans by the look and taste of it. It was on a white bun though with a bit of cheese, red onion, red pepper, tomato, and lettuce. It came with french fries type things, but they weren't crispy or greasy at all. And I had mayo and relish. Hopefully not too bad really, but going to donate 20 syns to it. Does that sound fare?

Last edited:
20 syns sounds fair to me :)
Congrats on your loss this week! I love it when you're dreading a WI and it turns out in your favour :D amazing that you are so near the normal BMI! Jeeze, I doubt I'll ever be in there :rolleyes: I'm sure your body will be under stress from the cold and activities in the arctic, so you'll probably balance out what you consume!

I find V-day so crazy these days- the amount of crud in shops up for buying! I was in Sainsbury's a couple of days ago and they had like heart shaped confetti and all these heart shaped things and fake rose petals and it's kinda like... Does ANYONE actually buy this? :S and WHY? I can't imagine being given a huge teddy bear holding a heart, I'd be like "Well, it's cute, but where the F* am I going to put this?!" lol! I find all that stuff REALLY awkward.
My bf says he always used to exchange V-cards, but he and his whole family NOTORIOUSLY only writes 'Dear x, happy valentines/xmas/new year/birthday. Love Gerard' - what kinda valentines card is that?! :p it's not meaningful at all!
Funnily enough, he's never given me a card (probably because I told him that sort of card sucks, haha) yet on my fridge I have a receipt he wrote on when we first started dating when he used to commute from my house to work and he wrote 'fed cats, love you x' and that is literally still on the fridge LOL.
This past two years have been the only ones I've not been single on Valentines (always seem to break up juuuust before, haha) but I still don't find it a fun celebration, it's just a normal day with extra pressure on to be all lovey dovey- meh! Last year we had a candle lit steak tv dinner and watched zoolander, this year we had pancakes and then I spent the day moaning about the cold creeping up on me :p

I love Jason Segel films too, have you seen 'I love you man'? I know it's not really a rom com (bromance?) but I LOVE that film. My mum and I were in hysterics and Paul Rudd's little stupid blurts of meaningless embarrassment :p

x

Hey!
I never, ever thought I would be anywhere near a healthy BMI! And my ultimate goal clothes size was a 14. My size 14 jeans all went in the bin when they started looking like clown pants lol. It's a very strange feeling! I still don't think I look any different and buying smaller size clothes messes with my head lol. But yeah, you never know where you could end up :D

I don't like how over the top and stupid Valentines is now. It is nice to do something together or buy a small gift, but, I dunno, it's too big and commercial and pressurised now.
That's really sweet about the note on a receipt you've got on your fridge. I think stuff like that is much sweeter and nicer to keep :)

Yeah I've seen I Love You Man. It's so funny and stupid! Paul Rudd is epic in that lol. I really want to see Jeff Who Lives at Home, but waiting till it's a bit cheaper on dvd coz I'm a bit skint ;)

I hope the 20 syns I donated to the meal is ok. It should be really. I was so good as well because you could get a double burger for only a bit extra, but I resisted ;)

Friday: The council recycling place came to get our old couch today. Obv had to sort it for when I was off coz no one else could possibly spare the time :rolleyes:
And when I saw how nice the weather was I thought it'd be nice to get the bunnies out in the garden run. The weather's been so crap for the last few months they haven't really got out. It's fine to put them out when it's cold, but I wouldn't put them out in the rain or snow. So I've got Simon and Peggy out now and will put Ralph and Ramona out for a couple of hours in a bit. I depoo'd half the garden too. I couldn't face doing it all :eek: and my hands started to get sore and numb. Half is better than none! I bloody hate that job, but like most things, no one else will do it!

Food today is another Green Day. I had a rather indulgent lunch, but you know when you really just fancy something? I would have had it for my tea, but I'm defrosting some ratatouille so thought, what the hell ;) I'm saving my HexB's so I can have double cereal/bar later too.

Lunch: 2 Quorn Apple burgers topped with gherkins, onions, and melted cheese. Low fat Supernoodles, salad, mayo & dressing. (half HexA1 + 1.5)

Tea: A tub of roasted veg ratatouille from the freezer with extra mushrooms, red and yellow peppers, and garlic, Quorn meatballs with a bit of skeleton hot sauce and some herbs. Had it with tagliatelle, cheese, salad, a bit of red cabbage & beetroot, dressing, and mayo (HexA2 + 0.5)

Snack: 60g of All Bran Chocolate Crunch and Almond milk (part of HexA1 + HexB x 2)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash. Highlights made with almond milk & water (rest of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 14.5

Exercise: Sorting out the animals/garden.

Last edited:
Urgh! I've done around 6hours of course work today :zz: And that was just adding to and changing a few things to 1 assignment. Just 1!! :rolleyes: I was determined to get that one out the way though and hopefully it can be sent off next week. Going to have my well deserved snack - hot chocolate and healthy creal, I'm so rock n roll! And going to watch some more Modern Family. I'm totally addicted to this show now! At least I'm getting use out of Netflix.

Will try and get some more work done tomorrow. Need to run to Pets at Home and Asda though. On a bloody Saturday!! Gah!

Ha, my current aim is a 16- a 14 would be brill :D My goal of 13st 5 should probably get me into a 12, since my boyfriend is the same height as me and that sort of weight and he looks quite lanky. I've not been a 12 since I WAS 12 :rolleyes: inspiring to hear your story though, I can't wait to be able to pick anything off the clothes racks.

Yay, bunnies in the sun :) go you for facing all these chores this week, I'm such a lazy bum at the moment but I did do the dishes yesterday (took like half an hour, bf usually does them :p I make the mess- he cleans! Ha... Pretty good deal there)

I Love You Man is just brilliant :D I love Paul Rudd but not as much as I love Steve Carell! I'm going to take Anchorman and Date Night to the movie night my friend is having tonight methinks!

I thought a size 14 was an unachievable clothes size to be honest. I've always been overweight, by the time I left junior school I was about a 14. I blame the Mother and her awesome food ;)

Oh I have to do the house work. My Mum has a lot of chronic pain illnesses, so I try and do as much as possible so she doesn't have to. My Sister's house sitting at the moment, but she's a lazy f*cker at home and it's actually easier to keep things tidy without her here!! So yeah, house slave I am. Drives me nuts!!

Steve Carell is my hero lol! Dan in Real Life is amazing! I think my favourite with him in is Crazy, Stupid, Love with Mr Gosling ;)

Saturday: Had a crappy sleep and feel knackered! Got woken up by Mum leaving (Dave barking!) and then a couple of deliveries. Grrrr! Off to the local retail park and then Asda. I desperately need to do more work though. Hopefully get in at least an hour later. Just don't seem to have the time!!

Green Day + 15

Lunch: 2 Linda M sausages, half tin of spaghetti, cheesy mushroom red pepper scrambled eggs, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce (half HexA1 + HexB1 + 1)

Snack: a Clementine & a few grapes.

Tea: SW chips, bbq beans, 6 Quorn nuggets, cheese, and spicy brown sauce (HexA2 + 4)

Snack: 1 cherry bakewell and 1 lemon Alpen Lights with a cherry Activia and a few copped grapes (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet ginger beer. Diet Coke. Highlights with almond milk (2 + rest of HexA1)

Syns used: 8
Syns saved: 21.5

Exercise: Walking round the retail park and Asda.

Last edited:
Got some bargains at Pets At Home and found out their sawdust bale fits in my car boot ;) Got some decent offers and stuff in Asda. But found a new Alpen Light flavour - lemon and yogurt! I don't usually go for lemony stuff, but they looked really nice. Alpen's are only £1.50 at the moment :) Got a new Quaker porridge to try too, honey and vanilla. I cheat a bit with the porridges and as long as the kcal and sat fat match others I can have, I go with it. Looking forward to trying that.

ETA: The lemon Aplen's are really nice :D

Last edited:
Back