Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Today is an off plan day. I took my Sister to the airport this morning, missed the exit on the way there coz I get stuck at the side of a wagon, and missed the exit on the way back for the same reason and ended up having to go a further 15 minutes and then go ALL THE WAY BACK to the airport to turn round. WTF?! :rolleyes: Have wasted so much bloody petrol!

When we eventually got there we had lunch at Ikea. I was good and had the soup and a gorgeous wholemeal, multigrain roll. But then we split two desserts between us coz we couldn't decided which one ;)
We walked round the whole of Ikea this time and got so many good ideas. My bedroom desperately needs an update. It's still stuck as a teenager's room full of toys and clutter and dust!! I need some new shelving, to get rid of a desk taking up space, get a bigger chest of drawers, etc.... Just needs to suit me NOW and not 14 yr old me ;)

I decided rather than expensively replace my old, knackered carpet I would get a nice rug. Because, you can't see much of the carpet anyway. Had a look round and saw the most bizarre, magnificent rug with a moose on. A proper Swedish rug! But it was £60 :( On the way out we checked out the bargain corner and there was one there!!!!! It was an ex-display one and you can see a tiny bit of fraying around the edges and it's a bit grubby/dusty. But it was £42! Mum leant me the money for it until I get paid tomorrow. I couldn't leave it :eek:
I am a bit skint, but looking at the price of stuff. For the shelving and drawers I want it wouldn't even cost £200! Which isn't too bad and I could afford it if I tried really hard to save. I need to have a ruthless clear out of my room, donate some stuff, put some keepsakes in the loft, etc.. But it would be lovely to have a nicer room.
I have some beautiful things, but they're surrounded by crap and silly things and dust. So much dust I can't be bothered cleaning because there is so much junk.
I need to do this!!!! Would like a calmer, more relaxing space for myself.

Anyway, after carrying the rug and stuff back to the car. We also got a frying pan, a lingonberry scented candle, and a clothes peg thing that's an octopus!!! We came back in to do the food shopping. Yup, I now food shop at Ikea ;) We're having a Swedish picnic tea. With reindeer!!! They also do Quorn hot dogs at the bistro now so I got one of them, Mum got a regular hot dog, and we shared some lingonberry juice :D Tbf, the soup was kinda my breakfast and we were at Ikea around 4 hours :rolleyes: We love Ikea ;)

We stopped in at M&S to have a look at the sales. No money till tomorrow. ARGH!!! Saw a lovely swimming set that I might go back and get, or at least try on. We got a few foody bits too.

Stopped at Starbucks on the way out of the retail centre as we'd hit the middle of rush hour and I didn't fancy motorway'ing it then. Just sat and had a chat and Mum told me about the watch she got yesterday. Her Dad left her a little bit of money when he died and she wanted to get something special. So she's ended up with a beautiful Citizen eco watch. It's a stainless steel bracelet, a white face with actual silver strands running through it, and gorgeous little diamonds. It is lovely and it really is special :)

Anyway, yes, off plan day today for Swedish food day ;) All saved syns and todays syns obv.x

Sounds like a fab day honey apart from the motorway from hell and their missed exits!

love the grown up rug :)

all that walking round ikea would have burnt off a ton of any off plan food anyway. Ikea's are huge so I'd guess you've walked 20+ miles ;-) lol.

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hahaha!! Should use my walking app next time ;) I'm planning a doggy walk with my friend tomorrow, so that should help a little too.
Have very much enjoyed my off plan Swedish food day :D

The rug is bizarre and a bit mental. But I really like it. A bit of Sweden just for me :D

My shoulder's been really bad today. Really felt like something was trying to chew through my shoulder blade :cry: I haven't had that sort of pain for a while. I've had super strong anti-inflammatories and some painkillers too. They're finally starting to kick in!
Stupidly, because I feel just about motivated enough to do it, I am going to carry on with the crunches and arm exercises. According to the 30 Day Crunch thingy I should have a day off tomorrow, so I will ;)

So today is 30 crunches, 25 push ups, and 20 tricep dips. On Saturday I might catch up my tricep dips to the push ups so they're even. I find the tricep dips a little easier and comfortable than the other too and I'm hoping they'll help the bingo wings ;)
So crunches: going to start sticking a foot under the couch to use for a little help getting up in to a full crunch and see how that goes... for the muffin top. Push ups to strengthen my awful and weak chest and shoulder muscles. And dips for the bingo wings ;) You can actually still see the teeny bit of muscle I built on my arms before I went on holiday. Good if you ignore the flabby bits on the underside :whistle:

Last edited:
Careful exercising on the injury as it'll prevent it from healing :(

Funny all this Ikea talk - just ten.mins ago suggested to G we go some time as I havent been in years and would like some nice homey bits. I massively need nice surroundings- it's always a mess here and the place is crumbling at the edges but I love having nice decorative bits, even if home made things. Cheap way to liven a place up is to paint a wall a nice colour? Even if just one wall, think it can make a lovely change to the space.

I really want to get some sachets of meatball ikea sauce- so yummy! Wonder how many syns... Someone said a similar tasting packet was 8 syns for 4 portions, but cant find the exact one.

Really love that rug! Even without your moose experiences it's def the sort of thing I'd go for!!
As for shelves and stuff- you can get creative and DIY wall shelves for really cheap and make them look funky! Have a browse on how-to's online as I bet you could make pretty cool ones for less than a tenner! Get friends to help you do a DIY room facelift day! X

Bingo Wings - only a plastic surgeon can get rid of those :D can tell you that from experience

M & S sale - like the sound of that.

Keepsakes to the loft - another no no - we put ours in our son's loft when we went to live in Spain - must sort them out when we get back as we can't even remember what we put up there.:) probably go in the bin.

Have downloaded all of Broadchurch but not watched it yet. Whilst our son was here he stayed in one day and watched 7 episodes and as he has not got a TV he has to wait until next week to see the end. :) He went to drama school with Vicky McClure who played the journalist.
I can spend ages in Ikea - we have one in Malaga next to the Airport and the next nearest one is 5 hours away in Madrid so you can imagine how busy it is - getting in the restaurant is near impossible.
Found some Linda Sansone Youtubes that are workouts as well as walking so going to start doing that one as well. Massage day today so not going to be much walking.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the messages guys. Will reply later as I'm just about to leave for a (rainy :rolleyes:) dog walk with my friend. Had a crappy night and really tired and so cba! But it might help and I've said I'll go. Will get a big ass Costa to help ;)

Just wanted to get my food on before I've forgotten what I've eaten. Coz I will!

Green Day + 15

Lunch: 2 Linda M Sausages, half a tin of beans, crispy potatoes, 2 boiled eggs, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce (HexB1 + 1)

Tea:

Drinks: Squash. Coffee.

Syns used:
Syns saved:

Exercise: No crunches or arm stuff today. The thing says a day off and I'm not going to argue with it! I doubt very much I will be able to do all the crunches you're supposed to end up going, but I'll give it a go. Even if I just do some number a day it will help. Will see how far I get!

Thanks for all the messages guys. Will reply later as I'm just about to leave for a (rainy :rolleyes:) dog walk with my friend. Had a crappy night and really tired and so cba! But it might help and I've said I'll go. Will get a big ass Costa to help ;)

Just wanted to get my food on before I've forgotten what I've eaten. Coz I will!

Green Day + 15

Lunch: 2 Linda M Sausages, half a tin of beans, crispy potatoes, 2 boiled eggs, wholemeal toast, and tomato sauce (HexB1 + 1)

Tea:

Drinks: Squash. Coffee.

Syns used:
Syns saved:

Exercise: No crunches or arm stuff today. The thing says a day off and I'm not going to argue with it! I doubt very much I will be able to do all the crunches you're supposed to end up going, but I'll give it a go. Even if I just do some number a day it will help. Will see how far I get!
Think this seems to be the general consensus - looking at the later numbers they do look a bit high.:eek:

Downloaded Hairy Dieters this week and going to watch them this morning whilst OH is doing his packing (mine is done) I didn't use to like them but bought their book when it was on offer in Asda and like it. I cook for meat eaters at home and they can eat SW style as well.:)

Oh I'm tired!!! Map My Walk says me and my friend walked 3.38 miles today! We were out for 1hr45mins. To be fair, we always stroll when we're together. I walk much faster when I'm by myself. But it's more of a leisurely walk with my friend. We changed plans slightly so didn't get to Costa or the park we were going to. But Caz made me a travel mug of coffee and we walked up, down, and around 2 big fields by her house-on pretty steep hills!
I came back and walked Ellie. I had planned a quick 10 minutes for her, but ended up doing 25. Mostly because she poo'd right on someone's driveway, I'd forgotten bags (she never poo's on a short lead walk!), and had to use some tissues and speed walk to a park, which had the nearest bin. Bloody animals!!! So prob walked a mile with her.

Over 4 miles isn't bad for one day :) I really have missed walking, I just haven't had the energy to do it lately. I feel so bad not walking the dogs, but I just haven't been able to do it :eek: :( But I did enjoy today.

Will reply to you all in one go. Pay attention
wink.gif

I will be careful with my shoulder. It was doing ok today, but this evening it's been really bad again. Just keep doing physio exercises on it. Could seriously do with another massage, but money's an issue at the moment :( I did get my bank holiday and 2 weekends worth of pay this month though *phew* I've put an extra £100 in my savings, but also kept some for me. Last month was so tight I need to feel a little less strained this month. Hoping I'll be good and have a bit left to go in my savings at the end of the month. We'll see. Still trying to cut weekly spending!

To be honest, there won't be much of my walls left to see. And I have some nice artwork to put up too. So no need to paint. Huzzah!! I quite like doing things myself and would feel awful drafting in my friends. But I'll bear it in mind for putting flat pack stuff together. Bribery with food and drink usually works ;) I'm TERRIBLE with DIY and beyond lazy, so it will be bought stuff. And it doesn't have to be funky, I like plain wood :) But I did have a look at Argos and their bookshelves and cd/dvd shelves are actually more suitable for what I want. BIG, tall units, with lots of shelves on. And the bookshelves are £15 each cheaper and the dvd/cd towers are £10 cheaper.
I'm thinking maybe get the cheaper shelving stuff from the likes of Argos and then treat myself to a really nice, colourful bedside table and chest of drawers. There are some lovely colourful ones at Ikea that aren't too expensive and it would be nice to have something a little colourful and unusual. They could be my treat :) I just want a more grown up room really. Says the girl who bought a mental rug with a giant moose on....

Awww don't say that about bingo wings :cry: Although I did see a big improvement when I did arm strengthening exercises to get myself a bit stronger for the holiday. So you never know. A bit of improvement will do ;)

The only reason I want to keep stuff in the loft is for future me. I still live with my Mum so all my stuff is in one room. There are things I would like to keep for (God forbid) in case I do have kids - like things from my Dad and Grandparents. I also have some things that will be useful for future me but are taking up space right now. So yeah, there are some things I would like to keep for if I have my own place some day :) A lot of it will go to charity shops though.

I doubt very much I will get up to that many crunches. But I'll give it a go and find out where my limit is. I'll probably start splitting them up into small sessions throughout the day soon as 30 in one go was a struggle!

Ooooh I hope you'll like Broadchurch. Proper edge of the seat tv !!

Our karate instructor always made us do some exercises at the end of the session, like push ups and crunches and the likes. Like the hour of actual exercise didn't count!! :rolleyes:

Oh I love the Hairy Bikers. Even though I don't eat meat (99.9% of the time ;)) I can happily watch their shows just to listen to them. My Mum's a huge fan too. We're got the Hairy Dieters book somewhere.

Have just watched a couple of episodes of Fringe. Just two left before it's finished forever :cry:

Off to bed to read for a bit. So tired though I don't think it will be for long. Hope it's good tired because I had an awful night and I can't face any more nightmares.

Hope you all have lovely weekends.xx

Last edited:
What a nice newsey posting :)

Hope you get a good nights sleep - porridge time here.

Heyyy that moose rug isnt childish! It's arty and modern :D I'd so love.it in my house! But.money is quite tight for me too and we have enough rugs lol :p ot does sound lieke money has been strenuous this month :( me too, even though G buys all the food, I pay the utilities which are super high at the moment because something is up with our boiler. Also all these bloody shoots dont pay for like a month.
Sorry to hear about the nightmares :( one of the resons I dont watch horrors now.is.the influence they have on my dreams. I watched my brother play 15 mins of Red Dead Redemption Zombies bit and I dreamt about Zombie horses a few nights later!
What were your nightmares about?
x

Hahaha it was unintentional burning. My food tends to be on the pale side of cooked. Not a fan of burnt and crispy. Mum always says my toast is just hot bread LOL!

Good news everyone (said in the voice of the professor from Futurama) I passed my exam! Well, I say passed, I f*cking rocked it ;) Only got one wrong, so got a distinction!!

You get 45mins to do it. For a 14 question multiple choice exam :confused: I finished it in about 10mins so asked if I could use the rest of the time to read some lectures.
One of the nurses, who's a mentor for another vca, brought in a book of medical instruments. But her vca isn't as far in to the course as me so I've been given it for now. I'm ok with instruments, but it depends on how much detail they expect us to go in to. Not that it is in any way necessary for us to in depth learn instruments, but, whatever ;)

Work wasn't so bad today. No phone calls about kids finding their parent dead (call I got on Tuesday!!!) or horrific accidents and stuff. We did have a couple of absolute, proper emergencies roll up, but not piles of people. I was a bit short with a client when they asked why they'd been waiting so long and why another lady had gone in before them. My answer? "Because her puppy was dying, so we had to see him straight away" A bit harsh, but the truth, and I am in no mood for annoying people today ;)

I have managed to pull my shoulder, wont go in to detail how, and now the whole of my upper back is very tight and painful. Joy! That was a waste of an £80 massage wasn't it?! Wonder if they'll pay for another one? :whistle:

Had to come home and feed and clean the bunnies. Finally started Peggy's worming treatment too. She's lost a lot of weight since coming to me (she was massively obese!) but is quite skinny now and doesn't seem to put on weight. So we're seeing if worming her helps and then see. Hopefully it'll be something simple anyway.

Oh I had a sneaky jump on the scales and I'm still at 72kg. But this was about 5:30pm, so after my big lunch and stuff. I try to WI in the morning, always after I've had breakfast tho. 72 is fine considering I haven't exactly been on plan and ate a considerable amount of crap last week!

Made myself a nice tea anyway and watching Endeavour with Mum. Might watch an ep of Blackpool before bed. I am quite tired though. Had a really restless night.
Hope everyone's alrighty :)

Well done on the exam!!!!

Enjoy the porridge Systema. It's seriously one of my favourite foods :D I was super made up when coffee shops started doing it!

Money sucks! Well, the lack of it. I'm lucky I don't have to pay things like rent and utility bills. I do give my Mum money, of course, but it doesn't come close to what I would have to spend living alone. Also, I don't want to live alone :(
I've checked my rota for the next few months and the way that it's fallen I'll be doing 2 weekends a month for a while. Which will massively help my money/savings situation! I earn a /lot/ of money from Out of Hours shifts. I couldn't afford to work part time if it wasn't for them.

My nightmares are depression and medication induced and are often quite horrific. Even normal dreams are tough because they're so damn vivid. It's like sleeping in a Baz Luhrmann film! I'm exhausted ALL the time! I never have nightmares about stuff I watch, like horror, zombies, monsters, and things. It's always real life crap. Part of one of them the other night was being raped by a guy who stole my car to teach me a lesson. Awesome that one.... :rolleyes: Freud would have had a field day with my dreams!

Thank you for all the exam congratulations. Just shows that even with current depression fog if I try really hard I can still do stuff :) It's just so difficult and tiring!!! Stupid brain....

Having a day at home today. I managed to get an ok sleep. Crazy dreams, but don't remember anything scary. I feel absolutely exhausted from yesterdays walking. It's driving me nuts!! Really want to come out of this 'crisis' real soon so I can get back to my 'normal' self ;)
Need to sort out the bunnies and do some reading for my course. Will have to do one lecture at a time I think coz my concentration levels are shocking today and I have an absolute bast*rd of a headache.

Watching some Big Bang Theory now with Mum. I totally love Raj! x

Saturday food: Green Day + 15

Lunch: Tin of ravioli with a little bit of Quorn mince chucked in, cheese, wholemeal toast, salad, and a bit of dressing (half HexA1, HexB1, + 2)

Snack: A few cubes of pineapple while I was chopping one up. I do love pineapple!!

Tea: 2 Quorn burgers topped with gherkins, refried beans, and cheese. Golden packet rice, more cheese, salad, and a massive pile of red onion, mushrooms, peppers, red jalapeños, and sweetcorn. Extra light mayo + chipotle Tabasco. (HexA2 + 2.5)

Snack: Layered dessert! Crumbled cherry Bakewell Alpen Light, chopped pineapple and strawberries, half a tsp of maple syrup, pineapple Activia, crumbled lemon Alpen Light, and another half tsp of maple syrup (HexB2 + 0.5)
6 Mikado (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero. Lilt Zero

Syns used: 8
Syns left: 16

Exercise: An hour and a half wandering around the shops.
Cleaning the bunnies and de-poo'ing the garden.
Decided to walk the dogs again and managed almost 35mins/1.7miles between them. I love the Map My Walk app!! Judging by that I probably walked more than a mile with Ellie ysterday coz we were out for 25mins.
http://www.mapmywalk.com/routes/view/199222988
40 crunches, 40 push-up's, and 40 tricep dips. Feeling that I can tell you!!!

Last edited:
Enjoy the porridge Systema. It's seriously one of my favourite foods :D I was super made up when coffee shops started doing it!

Money sucks! Well, the lack of it. I'm lucky I don't have to pay things like rent and utility bills. I do give my Mum money, of course, but it doesn't come close to what I would have to spend living alone. Also, I don't want to live alone :(
I've checked my rota for the next few months and the way that it's fallen I'll be doing 2 weekends a month for a while. Which will massively help my money/savings situation! I earn a /lot/ of money from Out of Hours shifts. I couldn't afford to work part time if it wasn't for them.

My nightmares are depression and medication induced and are often quite horrific. Even normal dreams are tough because they're so damn vivid. It's like sleeping in a Baz Luhrmann film! I'm exhausted ALL the time! I never have nightmares about stuff I watch, like horror, zombies, monsters, and things. It's always real life crap. Part of one of them the other night was being raped by a guy who stole my car to teach me a lesson. Awesome that one.... :rolleyes: Freud would have had a field day with my dreams!

Thank you for all the exam congratulations. Just shows that even with current depression fog if I try really hard I can still do stuff :) It's just so difficult and tiring!!! Stupid brain....

Having a day at home today. I managed to get an ok sleep. Crazy dreams, but don't remember anything scary. I feel absolutely exhausted from yesterdays walking. It's driving me nuts!! Really want to come out of this 'crisis' real soon so I can get back to my 'normal' self ;)
Need to sort out the bunnies and do some reading for my course. Will have to do one lecture at a time I think coz my concentration levels are shocking today and I have an absolute bast*rd of a headache.

Watching some Big Bang Theory now with Mum. I totally love Raj! x

Big Bang theory is great isn't it. I totally love Sheldon - though he would be a nightmare in real life!

I love it. It's so funny and easy to watch. I used to like Leonard, but I found him a bit too whiney ;) The whole cast is brilliant though.

Change of plans for the day. Me and Mum decided to nip over to the local shops to get a few bits. I really wanted some different hays from the rabbits - there's 3 different types I buy from that particular shopping centre. All but one were sold out :mad:
We did get some nice foody bits and I stocked up a little on cheap Pasta N Sauce/Packet rice from Home Bargains. Got some nice fruit and things from Morrison's too. And packs of can drinks were on offer and I was dying of dehydration so picked up some Lilt Zero. I always forget how nice Lilt is!

Got a bit of petrol and filled up my tires (again!!!) so we don't get stuck or die a fiery death on the way home from picking up my Sister at the airport tomorrow night. Not looking forward to that run coz her flight is due in at around 11, we should be home around midnight, but I'll be up just after 6am for work Monday coz I'm on earlies :cry:

Anyway, have sorted out the bunnies. Put Simon and Peggy in the garden run seen as it's sunny and stopped raining. Going to read a lecture and then put them away. Then tea time coz I'm bloody starving!!!! xx

Sunday foodz: Green day + 15

Lunch: 2 Linda M sausages, half a tin of beans, cheesy mushroomy red & yellow peppery scrambled egg, crispy potatoes, wholemeal toast, and sauce (half HexA1, HexB2, + 1)

Tea: Small Quorn cottage pie, Smash, sprouts, veg bag, 3tsp of gravy, and piccalilli (6)

Snack: And 3 chocolate cakey things from Germany. Handily had kcal on them! 21.5 syns

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. A Highlights Hot Chocolate made with almond milk and water (rest of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 30.5
Syns left this week: 0.5

Exercise: So far 20 crunches, 20 press ups, and 20 dips. * I couldn't fit in any more today and was way too tired*

Last edited:
I love it. It's so funny and easy to watch. I used to like Leonard, but I found him a bit too whiney ;) The whole cast is brilliant though.

I love Bing Bang Theory but don't find it easy to watch at all- their nerdiness really gets to me after a while!! I find I have to be in a certain mood to not find it aggravating even though I find them hilarious!

Your nightmares sound horrible :/ real life based nightmares are scarier than zombie ones anyway because at least you can talk yourself out of the zombie ones when you wake up "zombie's don't exist!"

Late airport run sucks :( if she lands at 11 will you really be home by 12? Your airport must be near and their services must be fast, takes like 45 mins to get out of Heathrow (waiting for bags for ages, always!) waking up early after a late night is yuck- good luck!

OMG I LOVE LILT ZERO. Seriously, it's SUCH a treat! It's insane that it is zero sugar- don't you think? Really tastes like a non diet drink :D love it. I do get cravings for more of it though when I've had one- must be loaded with addictive aspartame.

Red & yellow peppery scrambled egg sounds cool :D I'll try that too sometime methinks!
Thought of you while eating moose pasta today, hehe. Thanks for all the inspiration! :) x

Back