Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Patty I have a monthly budget for petrol, so I would just pay that off straight away. I wouldn't be adding to the debt because I have that money set aside. And I also have less than 12 months left on the finance, it's due to finish in January :)
It doesn't seem possible though. I cant even remember who gave me the idea now, but I'm not sure it's even legal :confused:
I probably should go and speak to someone at my bank. But I wouldn't want one of their cards lol. So not sure what advice they would give me.

I think pain management will come when I get to the ME clinic. But still worth mentioning. Fed up of them saying I can't have anything because I can't have codeine. There are other bloody pain killers!! :rolleyes:

Skoda's are quite cheap aren't they? Compared to other cars of their size or class. It would be awesome, but I can't see them giving her higher rate disability while she is still at work. This seems to be a big issue, even though she ticks all the right boxes it's like they're thinking "If you can work then you're obviously not disabled enough". Even though her work pays for taxi's (well most of it) to and from work :confused:

PJ's will be on very shortly lol. Will try and get Mum to watch something that isn't property shows or the Paralympics ;) We need a film!!xx

Thursday food: 500cal fast day

Lunch:
Porridge sachet (101)
120ml Koko milk (32)
1tsp of maple syrup (10)
= 143

Tea:
2 Quorn fillets (90)
Microwave veg bag; broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots (47)
40g spinach (12)
50g beetroot (13)
60g peppers (15)
1tbsp Italian dressing (4)
3 Frylight squirts (3)
= 183

Liverpool-20140313-00566.jpg

Snack:
40g Coco Pops (155)
50ml Koko milk (14)
= 169

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Ginger ale (2) Water. Peppermint tea.

Calories used: 497

Exercise: 40mins/2miles dog walking.

Love that story about the spoons, puts everything in to perspective especially for us who take doing every day things for granted.
I really don't understand why they haven't given your mum the higher level, Ian was still working when he first got it, doesn't seem fair :( x x

I don't think you take things for granted! You have a painful back, a horrible gall bladder, and you care for Ian!

I'm hoping when Mum gets reassessed for DLA they might move her up a bit. She deserves more help and recognition for her illnesses, she really does! Good to know that Ian got his while he was still working, I don't know anyone who worked but got a higher DLA! Think we need to put some serious effort in to the form this time round. Not sure when it is, but so much has happened in the last year. So you never know I guess :) xx

Oh yes! So glad you agree. Foreign/World Cinema if we want to be politically correct :p Is so much better, generally, than american stuff. Some British horror is quite good tho, I really like The Descent. British horror tends to linger around the "thriller" section tho I reckon, more than genuine horror. But yeah, can't be doing with slasher teen screamy girl stuff! I'll watch most things, but I prefer the stories ;)
Have you seen Guillermo Del Toro's fillums?xx

Ooh yes - he's one of mine and Dave's favourites! We generally know that if we go to see anything by him, we'll like it :) Yeah I agree there are some good British ones about too. Nothing really scares me, so I'm on an eternal quest to find a film that genuinely scares me, lol. (that's probably quite a strange quest..!)

I don't think you take things for granted! You have a painful back, a horrible gall bladder, and you care for Ian!

I'm hoping when Mum gets reassessed for DLA they might move her up a bit. She deserves more help and recognition for her illnesses, she really does! Good to know that Ian got his while he was still working, I don't know anyone who worked but got a higher DLA! Think we need to put some serious effort in to the form this time round. Not sure when it is, but so much has happened in the last year. So you never know I guess :) xx
It annoys me when they do things like not giving your mum the higher level, I thought the scheme was there to help people be more mobile and live a better life. Your mum having a job has nothing to do with it, if she had a car she could lead a fuller life for longer, surely that's what it's all about x x

I'm like you Katie, it's very rare something genuinely scares me. Some stuff gets the odd jump or "eep" out of me, but not a proper scare! There is a bit in Insidious that makes my blood run cold though, which surprised me!!
Guillermo Del Toro is one of my favourite directors. I treated myself to Mama on Blu last night because I had an Amazon voucher :) I loved that at the cinema. That was pretty creepy in bits!!
Where do they find these terrifying kids for horror films?! Lol! Do they put out ads like "Does your child care the sh*t out of you? Does he hide in dark corners? Talk to people who aren't there? Say oddly threatening things to you? Then we NEED your scary child!!"

I was very lucky and got to see Ghost Stories when it did a limited tour of the UK. It's a stage show done by Jeremy Dyson and Andy Nyman. Holy crap that is epic. That was rather scary. They're basically just a collection of short ghost/scary stories. It is fantastic!! It's just re-opened in London and I'm desperate for them to do another UK tour. Would recommend it to anyone who likes horror :) Ghost Stories

I'd live the name of the blog if you think it's good. I showed Mum the spoon theory too and she said it was really good!

Barbette I've no idea why they have been so harsh about my Mum's illnesses and DLA. Just hope this year that she gets a bit more help. The car aside, lol, she deserves more help and support. They're being stupid!

Well guys, the car is FIXED!! Now that is service. Considering they didn't think they'd be able to even pick it up this week because they were fully booked. It was picked up yesterday and was fixed by 2pm today. Absolutely fantastic!! I asked Mum to pick me up a nice box of biscuits but she couldn't find any. I'll get some this evening and drop them in next week as a thank you. They've been so good to me!
Will cost me £270 if I pay in cash - so I don't have to pay the VAT ;)

Going to pick it up in a bit. Going for coffee and potentially cake with Mum. I have a crap load of saved syns and have done 2 fast days, so should be fine. And I'm in work all weekend so totally deserve a treat ;) Surely?! Lol!

See you later, crocodiles....x

Yay - good news about the car and I think you've earned your coffee and cake!

Thank you for posting the link to the Spoon Story. I'm fortunate to be disgustingly healthy - apart from high blood pressure and the usual childhood illnesses, I've had no problems, so I really appreciated the explanation and it's helped me to understand my friend's MS better. Reading it has increased my admiration for the amount of work, studying and other things you accomplish.

I really like the spoon story! I think it would be useful for anyone to read who either has or knows someone who has chronic illness! It's very simple too isn't it? Really nice idea :)

We went to the nice cafe near the garage and I DID get cake. Well, you couldn't go in there and not if I'm honest! I got a small piece of chocolate and peanut butter pie (omg! It really was a small piece tho, promise!) and a scoop of vanilla ice cream :) What I'll do use use up my saved syns for it and any left from today.
I did pass up on the offer of a chippy tea tho! Which I thought was pretty good going.

After coffee we went to Speke retail to get some stuff for the animals at Pets at Home. There were LOADS of offers on the small animal food so I took advantage of them and also the vouchers I had for being a VIP member. I got two bags of Selective rabbit food, a bag of this new chinchilla food called Natures Best I think, a box of these new fibre sticks (look a bit like BIG fibre cereal sticks), a bag of Burgess fresh forage hay, and 3 trays of nice wet food for the doggies. Got 50p off the dog food and then 10% off the whole shop. If nothing had of been on offer and I had no vouchers that would have come to well over £30, but the bill was just over £18 :)
I do generally shop in a local, independent pet shop, but some things I really only can get from PAH and I'm not going to turn down half price offers and stuff.

ETA: forgot to mention the car! How utterly blissful it is to now have a car that will happily go in to first, second, and reverse gears without me having to summon super human strength, swear at it, beg it, or all-out threaten it! This has been a problem since I bought it and one of the many the showroom refused to acknowledge or fix. Grrrrr!!!!! But at least I have a car that doesn't freak out or groan or struggle to even get into the first gear! Was absolutely beautiful to drive today, it really was. My mum could even put it in gear and she has virtually no strength in her arms and hands & can't fully grasp or hold things!!
Dunno what the bloody hell they've been doing with it but the tenner of petrol I put in the day it died has been used up. I assume they've had to have it running and probably test driven it tho. Ah well, not the end of the world!

We nipped over to M&S too, but there wasn't much I fancied really. Got some kiwi fruit, a cheap pack of veggie sushi, and a couple of bottles of fizzy drink. Nothing I really wanted for my tea and I'd already gotten my work lunches out of the freezer *shrug*

When we got home I cleaned and fed the bunnies, sorted out my lunch for tomorrow, and just had my tea. Going to watch The Last Leg soon and then head to bed after that. I don't feel rested at all for the weekend! I've had such disturbed sleep this week with worrying about the car and waiting for phone calls and stuff. Gods help me!

Food to follow....x

Last edited:
Friday food: SW green day

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
Half a tin of spaghetti
Cheesy scrambled eggs with yellow pepper, mushrooms, and spinach (HexA1)
Seasoned potato chunks
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Fruity brown sauce (1)

At the cafe: Chocolate peanut butter pie (a LOT probably! Will use saved syns and wont save any from today!)

Tea:
4 Quorn nuggets and one Italian Linda M Sausage (2.5)
Low fat Supernoodles
Cheese (half HexA2)
Salad
Spinach
Beetroot
1/2 tbsp Garlic dressing (0.5)
1/2 tbsp bbq sauce (0.5)

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2)
1 Hotel Chocolat Choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet ginger ale. Diet pink lemonade.

Syns used: 7.5 but counting all 15 + 24 saved.

Exercise: Just walking round the shops and cleaning the bunnies. Not much today :eek:

Last edited:
Saturday food: SW green day.

Breakfast:
Porridge (HexB1)
Koko milk (part HexA1)
Banana
Honey (1)

First break at around 11:30:
Half my fruit tub - red grapes, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
Activia 0%

Lunch at about 2:30/3pm:
Quorn chicken and chorizo pasta back - lots of veg in! (1.5 for chorizo)
Cheese (HexA2)
Salad
Spinach
Beetroot
Very low cal dressing
Rest of the fruit

Evening break about 6pm: 4 little pieces of veggie sushi (0.5)

Tea:
3 Italian Linda M sausages :eek: (1.5)
Cheesy Smash (rest of HexA1)
Beany casserole from the freezer
Microwave veg bag - carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli
Bbq sauce (1)

Evening treat coz I NEEDED chocolate ;) A Galaxy Ripple (9)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 14.5
Syns saved: 0.5

Exercise: Loooong work shift. 9:30 - 8.

Last edited:
Friday food: SW green day

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
Half a tin of spaghetti
Cheesy scrambled eggs with yellow pepper, mushrooms, and spinach (HexA1)
Seasoned potato chunks
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Fruity brown sauce (1)

At the cafe: Chocolate peanut butter pie (a LOT probably! Will use saved syns and wont save any from today!)

Tea:
4 Quorn nuggets and one Italian Linda M Sausage (2.5)
Low fat Supernoodles
Cheese (half HexA2)
Salad
Spinach
Beetroot
1/2 tbsp Garlic dressing (0.5)
1/2 tbsp bbq sauce (0.5)

Snack:

Drinks: Coffee. Diet ginger ale. Diet pink lemonade.

Syns used: All 15 + 24 saved.

Exercise: Just walking round the shops and cleaning the bunnies. Not much today :eek:

Sounds lush! I really miss supernoodles! Might have to ask my Mam to post some over.... haha!x

Glad your car is fixed, that was quick work :) Fingers crossed it behaves itself now.
I love horror books but the films just make me laugh, not seen one yet that scares me, I jumped a few times but not been scared because of the plot. I started reading Stephen King and James Herbert when I was about 10/11 because my mum has a huge fan and had them lying around. Insidious scared the living daylights out of Ian which I'm sorry to say amused me, I kept on singing the song for months lol. I love watching them in bed in the dark but not allowed any more as Ian can't sleep for nights afterwards :(
You got a really good deal at PAH, I don't really go in there as I get Sam's food online as it's cheaper and the budgies I get at the same time just for convenience. I have to say not many places cater for budgies and if they do it's just food not toys and treats.
I hope you get plenty of rest tonight ready for the weekend x x x

OMG coco pops on a fast day- you bloody genius :D and practically the same cal as puffed wheat- crazy! Though puffed wheat really fills your bowl as it is so light... But nothing on the yum of coco pops!!

Relieved to hear the car is fixed. Good luck with your HIV doc appointment :p x

Glad your car is fixed, that was quick work :) Fingers crossed it behaves itself now.
I love horror books but the films just make me laugh, not seen one yet that scares me, I jumped a few times but not been scared because of the plot. I started reading Stephen King and James Herbert when I was about 10/11 because my mum has a huge fan and had them lying around. Insidious scared the living daylights out of Ian which I'm sorry to say amused me, I kept on singing the song for months lol. I love watching them in bed in the dark but not allowed any more as Ian can't sleep for nights afterwards :(
You got a really good deal at PAH, I don't really go in there as I get Sam's food online as it's cheaper and the budgies I get at the same time just for convenience. I have to say not many places cater for budgies and if they do it's just food not toys and treats.
I hope you get plenty of rest tonight ready for the weekend x x x

Have bought the garage some chocolate Hobnobs, Penguins, Jaffa Cakes, and a little box of chocolates with "Thank you" on. Couldn't find a decent box!

Poor Ian! Sometimes they play on my mind a little, but not often. Aliens, for some reason, tend to scare me more in horror *shrug* Michelle and Tim are the same! Tim thinks every strange noise or shadow is an alien :rolleyes:
When I watch a film, no matter what genre, I get in to it. I immerse myself in the story and believe it all as truth. But then I am a film fanatic ;)

You kept singing "Tiptoe through the tulips"?! Poor Ian LOL!!

I buy Ellie's food online, use 2 local pet shops, Home and Bargains, B&M, a few online pet stores, and Pets at Home. I spend a lot on the animals and get them variety and stuff. They cost me a bloody fortune :p

Didn't sleep last night, surprisingly. Woke up in a sweaty panic a couple of times too. Lovely!

Hey Tetris! Coco Pops are very light too and definitely fill a bowl! Less calories for me because I didn't use syrup of honey as well.

They were supposed to test me for HIV (joy!) but they never said anything so I assume I don't have it ;)

Urgh at work! Just urgh! We started off busy but managed to send a few things home and keep on top of consults. As I sat down for my lunch at 2:30 and took the lid off my pasta I got called back for an emergency, then another, then a problem at reception, then another emergency *twicthes* I eventually got back to my lunch just after 3:30. Bloody animals...

I didn't get a first aid case - oddly enough!! But I did get a medical and fluid therapy case - a cat suffering from toxicity, prob antifreeze. Good for me, not for the cat :( She was still going when I left though so fingers crossed! Awful to see tho :(

When the overnight girl came in she had chest pains, pain in her boob, down her left arm, and tingling fingers :eek: She's about my age I think! I offered to stay for her so she could go to hospital or for me to TAKE her to hospital. But tonight is our head vet's leaving party and literally all of ours, the other hospital, and Vets Now staff were at it. Was so awful and I didn't know what to do. The two vets on shift promised to look after her. Felt awful leaving :(

I stopped at Morrison's on the way home and got myself a nice treat tea for tomorrow. I've been dead good this week, work has been crap, have been so stressed with the car, and I'm missing the party tonight :( So I got a veggie topped pizza, low cal coleslaw and potato salad, and a little/one glass bottle of wine :)

So tired :faint2:

Sunday food: SW green day till pizza treat ;)

Breakfast:
Porridge (HexB1)
Koko milk (part HexA1)
Banana
Honey (1)

First break at around 11:30:
Half my fruit tub - red grapes, kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
Activia 0%

Lunch:
Veggie ravioli with cherry tomatoes, peppers, spinach, and cheese mixed in (rest of HexA1 + 2)
Wholemeal toast (HexB2)

Tea: Pizza and stuff ;)

Probably some choccy too, coz why not :p

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash. Little bottle of wine (?syns?)

Back