Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

For some reason films and TV don't engage my mind like books, I've scared myself silly with books I've read in the past but never a film partly because I've watched how they do the affects so that's what goes through my brain when watching them :(
And yes I was singing "tiptoe through the tulips" :D In fact if I sing it now in the dark he goes mad ha ha ha ha ha. I love that song it got stuck in my head for ages. Ian is a proper scardy cat, you can't mention anything supernatural to him he freaks out, it fascinates me.

Sam is easy to please he doesn't play with toys of any kind, he's food mad he's happy with anything edible. The only toy-like thing I buy him is the nylabones as he demolishes real ones in minutes and it keeps him quiet. The budgies I get treats and toys to try and keep them amused but the destroy their toys little monkeys. The little girl, Ernie will mess with them till they fall apart lol.

I don't like it when work is like that, I have nights where I just give up trying to eat my dinner. Hope you're ok after your manic shift and tomorrow is a little better. It would be good if you could get your first aid course.
That poor woman, I hope she was ok, I'm sure they looked after her at work.

Pizza for tea, yummy. I might treat myself to one when I get my next shiny. x x

Nice food, manic day; good you got your next case study but oh, poor cat. Poor night nurse too, hope she's ok. Pretty good (or fool hardy?) of her to go in to work under the circumstances.

Food sounds lovely (except for supernoodles - yuck!) and hope you enjoy(ed) the pizza treat.

I will do a proper update tomorrow. Today was NOT a good day. It didn't start well for me and I was very slow to get going and almost 15mins late :eek:
Today was absolutely horrendous. I'm not even going to begin to try and explain what has happened. We were all pretty beaten and waving white flags by the end - which is pretty damn hard to do. How we got through it, I have NO idea. I think we were lucky we had a good team this weekend who all worked well together and there was no one not pulling their weight and helping out.
I can't even begin to say how emotionally and physically exhausted I am. It's beyond belief what we went through today and I am about ready to crash. I honestly believe it has been adrenaline keeping me going today and letting me keep going until I got home.

Junk food and wine has and will continue to be had. And I have also tweeted to say that if anyone ever assumes my job is hugging puppies and kittens they will be harpooned in the face :mad:

Over and out for now and I will hopefully be back tomorrow in a much better mood and feeling less beaten.
Thank you for your messages and I'm sorry for not replying right now.xx

Not good. I feel awful! Have literally only gotten out of bed because the guy's coming back to fix the fire and Mum needed help moving stuff. And I was really thirsty :p
Had dreams about work, the stupid car, and my ex - just to throw that spanner in lol! Not that he's a spanner.... :p

I feel really bloated and sickly too, which I know is my own doing! So going to be kind to my body today and do a fast day. I don't have much food in, but really don't feel like eating. Today might really just involve soup and cereal. But that'll do. The idea of food at the moment is a bit icky! Yesterday's mini-woe is me feast was nowhere near the epicness of some of my off plan evenings though lol. Maybe just a combination of junk food, stress, and a bit of wine. I had two of those mini bottles, which are about 1 small glass each.

Anyway, holed up in my room with coffee, the laptop, and the paperwork from my case studies. Coz I is dead clever I printed off the history/work done for each animal after everything had been done ;) So I have the info from admit and the history plus what we did while they were with us. And I have all the kennel sheets, anaesthetic monitoring forms, and admit/consent as well.
Think I'll do the first aid one first as this should be shorter and less involved and will finish that assignment nicely. So my mentor can have the completed first aid and surgical case studies for tomorrow. And then I can just quickly write up the medical case today and add to it through the week. At least that's my plan!!
Would like to do another exam this week too, so will bring up that in the email I send later.

Katie I prefer Sainsbury's tinned veggie ravioli out of all the tinned ones. It's 2 syns and I think it's the nicest. But it's a bit bland so I tend to throw herbs and stuff in with it. For work I just chucked it in a tub and threw in peppers and spinach and stuff to make it more of a pasta bake :)

Right, cheerio for now.xx

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good!
I think you really deserved your treat last night and you are remarkable for getting on with your work despite feeling icky!

Hope you feel better soooon!!x

Aww no - rubbish that you're feeling bad. Get in some comfy pj's, watch crap on tv (or a horror film!) and chill out. I can't wait to leave work in 5 mins, more excited about my mum's birthday than she probably is lol. Can't wait to give her her presents :D Ooh 2 syns is not bad at all for something so convenient. I'll have to give it a try. I imagine with some extra veg and your HEXA cheese it'd be pretty good!

Aww thanks guys :eek: Not fully de-stressed yet and still feeling rather battered from the weekend. Not very often we feel so defeated and sad, I have to say. But we got through it :) Was pretty nice to come home to some relatively healthy and alive animals last night :rolleyes:

I've written up my first aid case study now. He was (is, he managed to survive ;)) a doggy with a blocked urethra/bladder. Pretty unusual for a dog, we tend to see male kitties, so was a good case really. Just intensive and a little complicated. But interesting! For the whole assignment - introduction to first aid and emergencies, the bunny with flystrike, and the doggy with urethral obstruction the word count is just over 4,100....I had to do at least 500 :8855: I bet my tutor will be like "We only needed a cut paw or something, bloody hell!" ;)

I'm itching to start the medical and fluid therapy cases, but I think I need to switch off for a bit and try to relax. I'm hoping these 2 don't need to be completed until next Tuesday. Have emailed my mentor anyway and I should see her Wed. Have requested I do another exam this week too. What is wrong with me?! Lol.

Still not eaten and still feel crappy. I'll prob end up having a meal and then some cereal a bit later on watching a fillum. Just feel crap and don't even have the energy to consider eating or making food.
I do need to go feed and clean the bunnies though because they've been fending for themselves this weekend and they need a big feed. Shouldn't take me any longer than 30mins anyway.

Katie I've not made it out of my pj's today. And don't plan to ;) So don't worry about that! I'll watch a film later too or some Walking Dead.xx

Monday food: 500cal fast day.

Tea at 8pm:
2 Quorn fillets (90)
Bag of veg - broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower (47)
40g spinach (12)
60g peppers (15)
4 cherry tomatoes (12)
Frylight (3)
1tsp of Wahaca (10)
And an extra light Laughing Cow triangle coz I really wanted one (20)
And a Graze tub - Smoky Gazpacho (84)
= 299

Snack at 10:30pm:
15g Puffed Wheat cereal (57)
30g Coco Pops (116)
100ml Koko milk (28)
= 201

Drinks: Coffee. Water. Diet Coke (1) Peppermint tea.

Calories used: 501! Extra 1 for the Coke I forgot about :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Have watched an ep of The Walking Dead to try and cheer me up, but I'm exhausted. Going to go to bed and read and hopefully get some sleep.
Supposed to be meeting two work friends for coffee and a catch-up tomorrow and I don't want to cancel on them again. We're meeting local so not a hassle, just hope I feel a bit more human tomorrow. Feeling a bit like a Walking Dead extra right now *zombie shuffle*

Night all and thank you for the messages and checking up on me :) xx

PS. WI yesterday at work was 77kg. So still showing a 1kg/2lb gain from Crufts/Birmingham. And that's with a week on plan and 2 fast days!! So gawd knows how bad the actual gain was :eek: I hate my body!!

Sorry to hear you're not feeling good, not surprising though the long hours and manic shifts at weekend, hope you're a little better tomorrow.
Well done on turning an icky day into a fast :)
The case study you did sounds really good, and I'm sure you're tutor will be delighted with it.
Hoping you get some rest tonight and you have a nice catch up tomorrow x x x

All my dreams involved food last night :confused: Was really bizarre! I wasn't hungry at all yesterday and definitely not when I went to bed. Odd!!

Still feeling really crap today. Got some face pain going on as well, down the left side of my face. This happens a lot when I'm run down :( Around my eye is really sore! This usually leads to mouth ulcers or coldesores. Brill....

I hope the first aid case study is accepted. Not heard from my mentor yet so not sure if she'll get time to look at my work today. She might be working with Becci though. Just frustrating when I put so much effort in and get nothing back!!
Forgot to tell her in the email that I had a nurse supervise me giving topical medication on one dog and recovering another from an anaesthetic. Both are practical assessments that could be done with a witness statement.

I think a lot of me not feeling good is the emotional strain from the weekend. There's just only so much sad stuff you can cope with. And mental stress seems to be a big issue with ME, just as bad as physical! :(

Have made myself a nice lunch and I'll go get a shower in a bit. Don't really feel up to meeting my friends but I had to cancel on them last time and I'd feel awful to do it again. Will just have to clock-watch and call it a night after a couple of hours.xx

Right, have written just over 700 words of my medical condition case study. Not bad considering it's supposed to be at least 500 words and I've only really gotten up to the first interesting bit ;) My tutor must hate me and my rambling lol!
Off out to meet my friends now, but really am going to have to watch the time and try and keep it to a couple of hours.
Cheerio.xx

Right, have written just over 700 words of my medical condition case study. Not bad considering it's supposed to be at least 500 words and I've only really gotten up to the first interesting bit ;) My tutor must hate me and my rambling lol!
Off out to meet my friends now, but really am going to have to watch the time and try and keep it to a couple of hours.
Cheerio.xx

Great that you are so inspired by your subject!

Have a lovely evening with your friends, try and relax and enjoy yourself - you deserve it!x

You really are making this course work look easy, I'm sure that you're far from rambling and your tutor must agree to give you the marks you've got so far.
I hope you get a chance to catch up with some "you" time and rest so your body can catch up.
Enjoy your evening x x x

Ah no - I hope the face pain goes quickly. I think it's brilliant how you can turn a yucky day like yesterday into a fast day and so make something positive out of it. And you continue to do so well in getting on with your course, both the course work and the exams. If you keep going at this rate, won't you be finishing ahead of schedule?

i hope you've enjoyed your evening and it hasn't been too hard on you physically.

Hey all!
Well I might have stayed at the pub until almost 11. Ooops!! BUT I turned down all offers of food. One friend got a burger and the other got nachos and I had nothing. What the hell?! :eek: I had a black coffee and a diet Coke ;)
Just came home for a nice, easy tea and watching some How I Met Your Mother.

Inspired/rambling/whichever way you see that ;) I just like detail and telling a story lol. Besides, toxicity/poisoning is interesting. Well, not for the cat....

Oh I'm so not making it look easy! You should hear my ranting at the laptop and the books :p

"Me time" is out now until the weekend now. And if I don't finish these assignments by then the weekend will not be me time either. And my rota for next week SUCKS!! Tonight was kinda me time, but feel like I had to be "on" again. But great to talk to them and get some stuff out and tell them how sh*tty my boss has been lately.

My face is absolutely killing me. My eye, ear, and mouth is so sore!! I think I can feel the start of some mouth ulcers, but my nose feels a bit sore too so can't decide if it's going to be a coldsore. Meh!!

Patty I'm hoping we could be done early if I keep this up and don't kill myself in the process. I was talking to Gemma (from work) this evening and she said a lot of section 3 will just be easily ticked off because I've been there for ages and ages and they know I can do this stuff. There are some written assignments and exams though which sound boooooring! One is sad though, I have to do a case study about a patient who has to be put to sleep. That's a horrible case study!! Pretty appalled that it's in there if I'm honest.

Will post food now.xx

Last edited:
Tuesday food: SW Green Day

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
Cheesy scrambled eggs with red pepper and mushroom (Half HexA1)
Half a tin of beans with cherry tomatoes and spinach in
Little potatoes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Fruity brown sauce (1)

Tea:
Quorn meatballs
Red onion
Mushroom
Red & green peppers
Tomato Pasta N Sauce
Cheese (HexA2)
1tsp of red pesto (1)

Snack: Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Water. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 2
Syns saved: 13

Grrrr!! Can't use my first aid case as a first aid case :cry: But, in theory, I should be able to use him as a medical, fluid therapy, and radiography case! I need to email my tutor and see what she says. Just frustrating! And that would mean all the work I did for the cat will go out of the window. And I STILL don't have a first aid case :sigh:

Work wasn't too bad! Although I feel really guilty about an accident that happened to Graham. I helped a vet with a cat to get a blood sample off him. He was a bit tense and flexed his claws, but that was about it. The owner did warn us he's usually a little sh*t, but he wasn't so bad. So we took him through to kennels and the vet ordered fluids and meds. Graham and a nurse got him out and he flew at Graham and he's got a very, very nasty bite on his hand :( He'll have to go on antibiotics and get a new tetnus and all sorts :(
That could have been me!! They managed to sedate the cat and after 10mins the nurse asked me to help, but even on high-dose sedation he was growling. So we left him another 5mins and the nurse tried to get him out and he jumped back and tried to bite her :eek: No chance that cat's going on fluids!!
So very very close to getting bitten *hides*

Stopped at Sainsbury's on the way home coz I had a triple points voucher and then got a double points voucher for petrol - get in!!

Fast day went well. Even though the vets were having a clinical discussion and ordered in pizza and Indian food. B*stards ;)

Will do food in a bit when I've had my snack. Thought I'd get my fast days out the way this week.

Off to my hospital appointment tomorrow and me and Mum are going out for lunch after and probably coffee and cake and all sorts lol.

Got weighed today and I'm down to 76.2kg, which is a loss of around 2lb since Sunday?? :) I'll weigh again Fri night coz I'm on a late AGAIN!x

Back