Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

God - what a horrible dream; must have been extremely upsetting.

It sounds as though you've a lovely day planned. Hope all the friends show up and you enjoy(ed) everything. I'll be interested to know what was on the menu at the veggie place.

A day of rest (or at least, staying at home) tomorrow is probably just what your body would wish for!

Your food for yesterday sounded lovely :) I've just bought some of the quorn nuggets as I've not tried them before. I wouldn't worry about not having it as a fast day if you don't feel up to it you had a good food day anyway.
Your course is ridiculous, the more I hear the worse it gets!! How can they expect you learn stuff when they don't provide the info?? Or at least teach it you, it's clearly not a well thought out course. I've just signed up for a management NVQ I'm just hoping it's ok it's been a while since I've done any formal courses.
You sound as though you need your "stay in" day, I try and do that once a week (though this week hasn't happened), it sorts of re-charges you and lets you chill even if you're doing stuff in the house, I hope you get it.
Enjoy your tea out :D x x x

Hey guys!

Had a really good day thank you. And my new hair looks brill ;) I've not straightened it since I had it done last week because I've been in work. But straightened it today and it actually behaved itself lol.
Had some nice food and a lot of laughs!! We were crying at one point from laughing. You wouldn't think that not one of us had had a drink lol!!

Katie I like your idea!! I got down to about 11st 2lbs last year, but never got below the 11st mark. Frustrating!!! But yes, I think we should definitely do it together :D

Patty it was horrible :( It's odd because I've never had a dream about them getting back together!! I mean they were separated and then divorced when I was 5! Have had plenty of dreams about my Dad since he died, but this was different. And horrible!!!
I am SO looking forward to my hermit day lol!

I love the Quorn nuggets but my sister hates them! She doesn't like batter, prefers breadcrumbs. I don't care ;) and the battered ones are only 0.5 syns each.

The course IS ridiculous and the worst thing ever written! One of my friends knows someone who's paying for the course herself - £2000!!!! F*ck!! What a waste of money....
I seriously need my at home day!!

I enjoyed coffee at Tim and Caz's and then tea with my sort of work friends lol! I had soup with cheesy garlic bread. Also a small vegan cupcake!! So good!! And maybe a Malteser Bunny and a Graze carrot cake square before it goes off.... *whistles*

It's funny isn't it - we've never met and have only been friends on here for a short time, but it's made me feel really happy to know that you had a good time yesterday.

Nice food and treats, but Graze things are healthy so the Syns in them don't count!!!

Hope a good day was followed by a good night and is followed by another good day - you deserve a rest day.

So glad you had a good time last night, they say laughter is the best medicine :D
I'd be really P'd if I was paying that much for a course that was so poorly written, I'd demand my money back!
I hope you enjoy your "at home" day and get to unwind a bit x x

Helloooo! Havent been able to.properly catch up but scanned through a bit! Glad you had so much fun with your friends :D is the tension from the situation before gone now?
Just sending some quick lovin' but have to turn phone off now to take off to Saudi (yaaay....) lol :p LOVE YA x

Hey guys!
Will reply to y'all in a bit. Want to get food and update out of the way.

I needed to make work lunches today so sort of made them at the same time as my lunch and tea.

I made interesting beans - shallots, red & orange peppers, mushrooms, cherry plum tomatoes, and spinach. Added some chopped carrots for my work lunch to kinda make it in to a casserole :)

And for tea I did roasted veg to make ratatouille. The roasted veg was shallots, red & orange peppers, courgette, and aubergine. And for the sauce I did mushrooms, garlic, chopped tomatoes, and tomato puree.
Was really nice!!

I did a decent chunk of work today. Found some good info for my talk about work contracts and rights. Also dug out my own contract and contract of study too. I apparently need to have at least 2 visual aids :confused: I was thinking of putting the info in to a Powerpoint presentation - but I've never, ever done one *blush* and haven't a clue where to start! And I'll have my two contracts too and I'll get hold of a copy of the work handbook.

Also got the bunnies out in the garden run for over an hour each. Did a good clean on their houses and did them a feast to tide them over the weekend. I de-poo'd the garden too.

I had to go pick Mum up from near work. She called me and she could hardly breathe, so I went to get her. She was so out of it that she didn't even see me pull in to the EMPTY car park and carried on walking past me. I had to get out in a slightly dodgy area in my sweat pants and baggy jumper (I did not get dressed today ;)) and felt like a right t*t! I got her bags in the car and literally had to lead her over and half lift her in to the car.
Luckily Rachelle was home so she helped me get her in and took her upstairs. A bit later I heard shouting and Mum had been sitting on Rachelle's bed (which is quite high!) and went limp and couldn't move her arms. Not like last time tho, no signs of a stroke! We did eventually get her in to the living room to sit down and she slowly came back round properly and is ok now, just tired and painful :(

Just watching some Big Bang Theory :) xx

Friday food: SW Green Day

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Interesting beans
Cheesy scrambled eggs (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Roasted veg ratatouille
Quorn mince
Giant tagliatelle
Cheese (HexA2)
Shredded iceburg lettuce
Garlic & herb dressing (1)

Snack:
2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)
Activia 0%

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash. Galaxy Bubbles hot chocolate made with Koko milk (rest of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 4
Syns saved: 11

Exercise: Sorting out the animals.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, Cheeky! Your poor poor Mium! Did you call anyone? AN ambulance or at least the NHS helpline?

I hope she's ok!! It must have been so worrying for you - *big hugs* xxx

No mate, that's normal for Mum's illnesses. Been dealing with them for a very long time. It's just an every day thing for us now.
We didn't call an ambulance because there were no signs of stroke again. And NHS direct wouldn't have a clue!! Honestly it's ok :)

Patty - It's cool how quickly you can make friends online isn't it? You form bonds really quickly!
Hehe yeah, the Graze cake square was less than 90cals. Probably no impact on yesterday ;)

Barbette the course is just so rubbish!! Not really had the relaxing day I was hoping for :(

Hey Tetris dude! Thanks for stopping in before you went on your work trip :) Did you mean the tension with T&C? Not really, it's a little better and I think we're all trying. But we've hardly spent any time together recently with our work shifts clashing and stuff. Just struggling to fit everything in.
Keep trying tho :) x

Saturday food plan: Long weekend shift at work. SW Green Day.

Breakfast on first break at work:
Activia 0%
Raspberries and blackberries
Banana

Lunch:
2 Italian Linda M sausages (1)
Interesting beans/casserole
Cheese (half HexA1)
Jacket sweet potato
Shredded iceburg lettuce and cucumber
Rest of the fruit

Afternoon snack:
Small apple

Tea:
2 Quorn Southern Fried burgers (5)
Cheese (HexA2)
Gherkins
Low fat Supernoodles
Chinese Stir fry veg
Wholemeal bread (90 something g's, almost HexB2)
Extra light mayo, mustard, and tomato sauce (1.5)

Evening treat: Blue Riband (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 13.5
Syns saved: 12.5

Exercise: Looooong work shift 8am-6:30pm

Last edited:
Ok, that's reassuring. My Dad suffered from 2 strokes so I'm always wary of people suddenly having trouble moving etc.

Hope your Mum is feeling better today.

Food sounds lovely, as always!!x

Wow - your poor Mum. What a good thing you and your sis were around to help. I note you say it happens regularly but I'm sure it's still a bit distressing. I hope she's feeling better today.

That is a long shift - hope it's not too busy and you get your breaks. I got some of the Italian sausages this week as they were on offer in Morrisons this week. I'm looking forward to trying them.

Hey guys!
I will reply properly tomorrow, just very tired and doing a quick food update. I'm alright tho. And Mum's much better today.

Stuck to food plan today, but I forgot my Alpen Lights, because I'm special! So used my HexB for lovely, soft uncut bread with my tea. Lovely! xx

Sunday: Another long day at work. SW Green Day.
I was really hungry today!! Stayed away from work naughties though and I think I used my syns well :)

Breakfast on first break at work:
Alpen Light (half HexB1)
Activia 0%
Raspberries , strawberries, and blackberries
Banana

Lunch:
Roasted veg ratatouille

Quorn mince
Giant tagliatelle
Cheese (HexA2)
Shredded iceburg lettuce, spinach, and cucumber
Rest of the fruit

Afternoon break:
Alpen Light (rest of HexB1)
Small apple

Tea:
2 Quorn lamb grills
Roast potatoes
Smash
Sprouts
Broccoli
Gravy (3)
Piccalilli (1)

Evening snacks:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Drifter (13)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash. 330ml bottle San Miguel (7) Butterscotch Options made with Koko milk (part HexA2 + 2)

Syns used: 27
Syns left this week: 0.5

Exercise: 8 - 6:30 at work.

Last edited:
Well done for staying on plan and surviving such a long day at work!

Shame you forgot the alpens but your food looks yummy regardless!

Hope you manage to sleep well tonight - sounds like you could do with a proper nights sleep!xx

I really, really do need some sleep lol. I just put some eye drops in (I'm allergic to every animal ;)) and it felt like acid. Argh!!

I have a feeling tomorrow might turn in to "stupid tired" which should be fun!

I'm taking the small, dramatic dog in to work with me tomorrow. He's been a bit hoppy on his right back leg for a while and a little bit quiet and sad. I suspect it's swinging kneecaps (luxating patella's) as it's a common small dog thing. I too have this ;) But Mum said he was racing round today and let out a BIG scream and he's been hoppy and very quiet since. Tbf, he does look rather sad! Hoping it is his kneecaps and not his cruciate!

Tbh I didn't miss the Alpen's. Just on my afternoon break I got my apple out and was thinking "I'm sure I had something else" :rolleyes: I was even offered some biscuits from the "secret stash" cupboard and turned them down!! *polishes halo*

I am going to have a Blue Riband now tho before bed :)

Nighty night all and speak to you tomorry.xx

Awww I hope your doggy is OK :( x

Back