Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Been to the Joe Abercrombie talk this evening. Was really good!! And he fits my ideal bloke settings as well lol. Funny, sarcastic, tall, dark hair, and a beard. So that was good! I follow him on Twitter anyway but actually hearing him talk and stuff was really cool. I instantly want to read the other books of his I haven't yet. the First Law trilogy is brill :D

So work over the weekend. I was in the back as I was on earlies and had a really good nurse as my working partner - one of my favourites actually. And she decided to give me isolation and also a very sick puppy and a mangled cat in normal kennels to nurse. Eeeep!! On the Saturday I had a big dog (Clifford) and a small dog (Lucy) in isolation, both with suspect parvo virus. The puppy had vomiting and diarrhoea and was also hypothermic! And the cat was just a train wreck - had an eye out, stiches elsewhere, and his jaw had been wired. So, you know, easy peasy..... LOL
The first day I had to basically syringe feed everything. Through V+ and D+ and everything - I honestly believe in this and a lot of animals get well as some food has to stick at some point. Anyway, will spare you the details. So on Saturday evening Lucy was not only tolerating syringe feeding and had no other symptoms she started eating by herself!!! Well enough to go home :D Clifford hadn't done anything disgusting and the puppy and kitty were much brighter.
Sunday I got a new iso patient in the shape of a 14wk old rottweiler puppy - suspected parvo also. Absolute joy!! I got Clifford well enough to go home and he went home in the afternoon. The cat I got eating by himself so he went home! The puppy was much brighter and relaxed and managing to sleep better. She had also started drinking by herself. I carried her round prep for a few minutes to get her out of her kennel and in the afternoon I took her outside for a carry in the sun and fresh air and she watched the birds for a bit. She looked great when I left!
Rottie puppy is much the same today apparently, but no worse, so that's good. Not had an update from my little girl puppy tho. Hope she's ok!

Anyway the bad bit was that I was so, so painful yesterday. When I went on my lunch and sat down my arms just drained and I couldn't move them. I was so weak and it was horrible, everything just stopped! It took me over my allowed hour to just eat the pasta bake thing. I felt so awful!! I told the nurse I was with and she said she would help me as much as possible. I was asked to restrain a large dog and she heard so she did that and asked me to take over the anaesthetic she was monitoring so I could sit down and not do anything too strenuous for a bit. God the relief of working with someone like that!! It didn't last long though and I had to do some stupid things I shouldn't, but it's the nature of the job and sometimes we just have to. She did help me a lot tho! She's ace, I love working with her :D

I don't feel as bad as I expected to today. Still very painful and stuff and my head feels like it might explode. But I've felt worse and I expected to be much worse so I'm good with that.

I didn't have to drive today, which was nice, as John took us all in to town for tea and the author talk. I ended up with a burrito bowl from Barburrito - Yo!Sushi had f*ck all veggie stuff to take out...
The burrito bowl was rice, onions, peppers, mushrooms, spicy beans, salad, salsa, about a teaspoon of sour cream, cheese, and salad. I have decided to give it a HexB for oil used, although I don't actually know if they use any! I've never seen them with oil and I don't have the marinated meat or owt. But to be safe I will say a HexB for possible oil and a couple of syns for sour cream. Going to have some fruit and a Nakd bar while I watch a film :) xx

Last edited:
Tuesday food: I decided to go syn free and superfree (I think!) for lunch as I'm going out for tea. Made a nice big fruit salad to have with a yogurt. Going to a Harvester with some work friends for tea, so will probably have the nice pasta meal I like and then loads of the salad bar :D I'm going to Starbucks first, but have already decided I'll be getting a black coffee and nothing else.

Lunch:
Fruit salad : banana, pineapple, kiwi, red grapes, cherries, and blueberries.
Cherry Activia 0%

Tea: At Harvester. SALAD BAR!!!! And ice cream. And chocolate.....

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero/Pepsi

Syns used: ALL OF THEM!
Syns saved: None. Wiping them out as well :)

Last edited:
Sounds like a really hectic weekend, no wonder you were aching yesterday. So many poorly animals :( hope they're all on the mend and you're felling better today.
Sounds like you had a good evening yesterday. Hope you enjoy your tea out tonight x x x

Ah they were only the animals that were specifically my patients to nurse. There were many, many more that I had involvement with, but I was given those few as personal cases :)

Tonight was really, really good! We didn't leave the pub till after 9:30 - I met one friend in Starbucks at 4 and we met our other friend at 5! - and then stood by our cars for another 30mins LOL Food however went rather off track. Ooops!! I had that superfree lunch, saved all my healthy extras, and had a few syns saved from yesterday, and got through Starbucks with just a filter coffee.
But then, seen as we were celebrating Sue's engagement, we went for the £10 deal. And the only veggie option on it was a cauliflower cheese tart - eeeek!! I did swap the heavily buttered potatoes for chips though as they were probably lower calories. And I hate butter!! But yes, a pastry tart, chips, salad bar, and an ice cream with toffee sauce..... And I'm having some Hotel Chocolat chocs! I will enjoy tonight though and be firmly back on the wagon tomorrow as I think I'm doing pretty well at the moment and I am not going to ruin it by letting tonight carry on in to tomorrow :) I'll obv wipe out any saved syns and start again. xx

Last edited:
So a couple of good evenings - one for the author and one with your friends. Brilliant! A sahme that the scales have gone up a bit, but they're still down over the few weeks. I think you did right to enjoy yourself - you don't go out very often.

I'm a bit surprised there wasn't a better veggie choice. I know I shouldn't be as I was looking at M&S Indian for 2 people offer last week to see if it was worth buying two and putting one lot in the freezer, but the offer only appeared to cover a range of chicken dishes and a lamb one. I know this was because the vegetable curry was cheaper and the prawn one was more expensive but I still wasn't impressed! It means poor Peter was done out of a second curry, hehe.

The thing is, the nice veggie choice that I usually get - the big filled pasta shells - is lovely and much cheaper than the one option they have on the deal menu. It's really annoying when you only get one choice!! I think next time I will just stick to my plan of pasta shells and more of the salad bar, I'd enjoy it more and wouldn't feel guilty. Not that I feel that guilty if I'm honest!

I only had a few Hotel Chocolat chocs yesterday as well and started to feel a bit sick. That's a bit of a break through lol. I think yesterday actually could have gone much worse food wise. I could have had something other than black coffee in Starbucks and the dessert in Harvester could have been a billion times worse than vanilla ice cream with a bit of toffee sauce. so don't feel bad :)

Have had a nice healthy on plan lunch today and feel good about it! Don't know if anyone's noticed but I have cut down my carbs a bit. Like lunch today I would have normally had potatoes with them and with my veggie breakfasts too, I don't have potatoes with that very often. Using more salad/veg/superfree instead. It's quite good though and I'm not relying on the same old stuff all the time!

I did have plans with Caz today to take the dogs out, but she's cancelled on me. Probably a bit of a blessing in disguise seen as I'm having a very bad day and the thought of leaving the house makes me want to cry. So I don't mind really! I need to go and sort the bunnies, but I know it's not going to be easy. Meh :(

One of the friends I was out with yesterday - the one who got engaged - told me her boyfriend finally got his PIP awarded. He had a stroke last year (he's early 40's!) and it's taken a year and 3 months since applying for PIP for it to be awarded. So I'd better not hold my breath eh?! Bloody hell!

Food to follow.x

Last edited:
Wed food:

Lunch:
2 veggie burgers (2)
Fried onions and peppers
Gem lettuce
Cucumber
Cherry tomatoes
Cheese (half HexA1)
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
Small amounts of extra light mayo, tomato sauce, and mustard (1)

Tea:
2 Quorn lamb grills
Seasoned potato chunks
Mushy peas
Sweetcorn
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Snack:
2 Benefit Light bars (HexB2)
Apple Pie Nakd bar (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Diet Lemonade. Squash.

Syns used: 9
Syns saved: 6

Last edited:
No, I'm a proper carbosaurus lol! But just cutting back here and there might help a little bit. Nothing drastic tho!!

Oh I know I had no superfree with my tea. But I do green days anyway, so :p I still try to get some superfree in, but I really wanted that for tea.

I did the bunnies but didn't get them out in the garden. Didn't get much rest, made mine and Mum's tea. x

Thursday food: EE day because I really wanted tuna pasta. And very nice it was!! The dolphin friendly, pole-caught tuna steak (in a tin) from Aldi is probably the best tinned tuna I have ever eaten! Very much worth the £1.20! This will be a weekly addition to my diet. Sorry little fishies....or not so little fishies! And PLENTY of super free ...... Patty ;)

Morning break at work: Banananananana

Lunch: BIG tuna pasta salad.
Wholemeal moose pasta :D
Tuna
Onion
Sweetcorn
Sweet peppers
Cucumber
Cherry tomatoes
Baby leaf salad and pea shoots
Cheese (half HexA)
2tbsp extra light mayo (1)

Tea:
2 Quorn turk'y burgers
Wild & white rice
Spicy veg - onions, yellow & green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, sweetcorn, spinach, and jalapenos cooked in herbs/spices and a bit of Tabasco and Wahaca
Cheese (rest of HexA)
Tender leaf salad and pea shoots
Teeny bit of bbq sauce (0.5)

Snack:
1 Alpen Light and 1 Benefit Light (HexB)
Nakd Cocoa Orange bar (7)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet lemonade. Squash.

Syns used: 8.5
Syns saved: 12.5

Last edited:
Oh I am not well today. I almost didn't go in to work. But I did and then annoyed my boss *sigh* I said I was having a bad week and that I would be absolutely useless in kennels - where I was supposed to be. But I wasn't in kennels as I was supposed to do all my remaining exams today before my mentor leaves. WTF?! I said I might be able to do one or two this week, but I didn't know this was the plan. Had to explain I hadn't been well enough to prepare for the exams and that Michelle has no input in my exams as a mentor anyway. They're sent to my tutor to mark or the multiple choice ones are marked instantly by the server..... So, just argh!! So my boss had a face on with me for a while. In the end I asked if I could speak to her privately - had to tell her I wasn't well in front of two other management this morning and I felt sh*t!
So i spoke to her for a few minutes and said how good the nurse was I worked with at the weekend. I said I was sure she's fed up of people moaning about other people so I wanted to tell her some good stuff. Which made her really happy! I also explained that I wasn't well on Sunday and the nurse really looked out for me and saved me from doing things that would have made me worse. I just said she was fantastic to work with and I think only one other nurse comes close to her, who I named too. So that cleared the air a bit and she said not to worry about the exams until next week and I told her even when I'm not well I'd rather be in work and do "something", even if it's not what I should be doing, than calling in sick. Which she agreed with. But that will no doubt change depending what mood she's in that hour :rolleyes:
I did speak to my mentor briefly and I can submit all outstanding work as it's really good and needs no altering. She wished me luck with my exams and made me promise I tell her when I pass the course :) She's handed over to the other nurse who's a mentor, but I wont have anything to do with her other than the final paperwork when I finish. Thankfully ;)
So all the work's gone and I need to revise for these exams when I can. xx

Have been to the cinema to see Chef. Such a good film!! Just a really nice story and quite heartwarming. Really funny too. Good job I'm a veggie or I'd have been starving after seeing that!! Can't say I wasn't tempted tho ;)
I didn't take any snacks with me and I only bought a coffee. Which I think is a "go me" :)

Had a lovely tea - fajita style Quorn turk'y burgers. Going to watch an ep of The Returned in a bit.
Taking the hound with me to work tomorrow as I'd really like her on more pain relief. So my friend is gonna check her out and see what we can add in for her. Silly BIG, hairy, slobbery dog in my shiny new car. I'm sure she'd fit in the boot.... ;)

I got the refund on my car finance today. So was very good and split it between my ISA and my regular savings :) *halo* Lol xx

Whoo - you have had a good day today, haven't you? Plenty of Superfree, lol! Deffo a 'go you' on the cinema treats and bet you were pleased to get that refund.

Shame about work, but it sounds as though you sorted it out OK. There's nothing like giving praise to make a manager feel better - even if it's not direct praise. I would think she'd misunderstood about the mentoring/exams.

All you need now is to feel a bit (or preferably a lot) better in yourself.

A very good and enjoyable food day indeed!! Lots of nice food :D I bloody love these Nakd bars. Expensive though so will have to slow down how often I have them. I did get a very good offer on a mixed box direct from their website last week though, so should keep me going :)

My boss seemed annoyed that I needed to move sections and also about the exams. She has quite a temperamental temper/mood tho! One minute she'll be laughing and joking and the next she'll be ripping a chunk out of someone. Now I know she's stressed and I also know she suffers from depression, we've had many private chats about this! But it can be quite difficult to deal with from a boss. But I at least understand how that feels as my mood differs greatly from minute to minute and the black dog can be called over just from the smallest thing. But yeah, that'll be why! Probably crossed wires/expectations I wasn't aware of and me not being well. But we did sort it in the end :) And she let me book a kennel for Ellie tomorrow so my friend can assess her. So all good! Plus, she's off next week so we can all have a breather lol.

Aye I would really, really like to feel a bit better soon!! Hopefully soon. Off to bed seen as I have to be up a bit earlier tomorrow for taking the hound in.

Oh and yes the refund was greatly appreciated. "Only" £110, but you're not gonna turn that down are you?! ;)

Nighty night.xx

Sorry you're feeling poorly :(
They shouldn't just dump it on you like that and expect you be ready, glad you've sorted it though :)
Really good food day :) I don't always have superfree with my meals I think doing Green days and being veggie we get loads of it throughout the day anyway.
the Returned is an awesome series watched on C4 when it was on x x x

Hey Barbette!
I don't even know why I'm surprised when stuff like that happens in work any more. They're just daft!! The air was clear today and I couldn't be a*sed with the hassle so I did my shift in kennels. i was lucky though and it wasn't actually that bad.
My friend Sue had made a kennel up for Ellie and saved it for her :) And I put a towel and a blanket over the front of the kennel so she wouldn't get stressed out watching the dogs walking past. And seen as she can't hear very well any more it worked alright lol.
Ellie's been assessed and she has some new pain meds to add in for her. Starting at the lower dose so we have space to move if we need to :)

I really try to have superfree with every meal and usually I go way over the 1/3. But some meals just don't work with superfree do they?! lol. Naughty veggies....

I watched the film of The Returned when I bought Netflix, but the series is so much better!! Think it's getting a UK and a US remake tho. Could be interesting.x

Friday food:

Break at work: Red grapes and blueberries

Lunch:
2 free Linda M Sausages
Beans
Cheesy scrambled eggs with peppers (half HexA1)
Cherry tomatoes
Spinach
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

At Costa: Medium soy milk Caffe Caramella (HexA2 + 4) Black coffee.

Tea:
Quorn steak
Gherkins
Tomato Pasta N Sauce
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Veg bag - broccoli, carrots, and sweetcorn. With extra sweetcorn.

Snacks:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
1 Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Lemonade. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 8
Syns saved: 19.5

Last edited:
Glad Ellie was ok at work, sounds like she had a very cosy kennel to keep her calm :)
I do with most meals but sometimes I just want things like chips,eggs and beans and it hasn't done me any harm. On saying that the amount we both eat of fruit and veg in the other meals will make up for it.
Not seen the film, but I loved the series I don't normally like "zombie" things but it was awesome. I think they're likely to ruin it if they try and remake it, I think the french version got it spot on. x x x

The film's quite slow Barbette, which is odd considering just how clever and intricate the storyline is for the show. We've got two eps left to watch when Mum gets back :D

Me and Rachelle have spent the evening visiting memory lane and looking at a load of old photo's. Actual, physical, from film photo's :eek: We laughed so hard we were crying at some of them. Hilariously awful ones of our Mum and Dad when they were younger, terrible ones of me and Rachelle as teenagers ( we were both incredibly overweight. And also, bad clothes ;)) And some lovely ones of our old dog Jack and Ellie as a puppy. I'll try and post some tomorrow :)
I do feel a bit sad though as I found a load I'd forgotten about of me and my ex when we first met. My only proper ex really! My fake-brother Tim's brother....who I'm still friends with. Well, trying to be. I still really miss him or at least what we had and it's been 10 years now!! I suppose it's difficult because he was my first boyfriend and also I never moved away from his family! Me and Tim have always, always been close - he was in Rachelle's form class at school and I've known him since he was about 12! They also lived in our road when we were younger and Mum swears we played with them, but I don't remember. Me and Rachelle have big chunks of memory missing though! And I stayed in touch with their Mum, been to family stuff, was a bridesmaid at Tim and Caz's wedding, etc... So I suppose I've never properly ever moved on though. I do still miss him though, I really do. I can keep a lid on it most of the time, but every now and then it creeps in and makes me sad. Meh! :( But we did have a good few years together and it was lots of fun. We were just kids tho! I was 19 and he was 16 (I know ;)) when we met, so not at all surprising it ended really. But still.... Ok, need to put this all back in a box with a tight lid on now that I've gotten that off my chest.

Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow yet, but should see Michelle in the evening at some point. Will just see how I feel tomorrow.

I had a good catch-up with my friend Claire today. We worked together for a couple of years - she's my main rabbit supplier lol. But she moved to a private practice to do her VN training. So lots of gossip to catch up on. We had 2 coffee's in Costa and then moved to the pub for a Coke ;) Was good!
I stopped at Asda on the way home, but the lights in there made me very sick! The worst I've been for a while under fluorescent lights. Even when I got home I was still all wibbly and nauseous and shaky. Horrible!!

Off to bed now to read and hopefully get rid of the sad feelings and regrets. Hindsight is a b*stard isn't it?!
Night all.xx

Back