Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

I love my polar :D but do note that even though it says you can get the info on a computer- you have to buy another expensive device to transfer it over :mad: I didnt, it does store x amount depending on the model.
Does the loop come with a chest strap?
But yeah- it has REALLY helped motivate me! On travels each week it would tell me "incomplete training week!" and make me feel all guilty! Lol!

Sordy to hear work was so chaotic :( you seemed to handle it well though! X

The Polar Loop says it comes with a custom USB cable to attach it to stuff. It doesn't come with a chest strap/heart monitor, but it says you can buy them. Tbh a heart monitor would be pointless for me because my heart rate/function isn't exactly normal lol. It would probably permanently tell me to seek medical help ;)
The thing that really sells me on the Polar Loop is being able to track swimming! But I will need to do much more research. It's a big purchase that isn't it? But I do love the idea of Fitbits and Polar's :)

Work's been insane this week. So busy it's unbelievable. We had to do some kennel swapping again today and badgering people to come in early to get their pets. Bloody nightmare!! So glad I'm out of kennels, but I was all over the place in the hospital today because I was float. Hopefully I helped enough :)

Those sound to have been two super busy/pressurised days. Super well done you for sticking to plan. It would have been so easy to 'reward' yourself for coping with everything.

I always think Fitbits sound like something you'd use on a horse! Hadn't come across the Polar thing before.

May I ask where you got the carrot, broccoli and sugar snap veg bag from? In America you can get a Bird's Eye carrot, broccoli, sugarsnap and water chestnut steam bag. I wish they'd introduce it over here!

It's been nuts! Was texting one of my work friends who took over from me this afternoon and it just got worse. Can't wait for tomorrow *sarcasm sign*

I think knowing I'm finally getting my pizza and cocktail night tomorrow is keeping me on the straight and narrow food wise. I'm in a stubborn moose phase aswell lol!
Tomorrow day time will be as low syn and Hex free as possible to prepare for the evening. Because I will be having a couple of drinks, pizza, and dessert. Yup :D

WI in the morning if I get a minute to hoppity hop on the scales!

I got the veg bags in the fresh bit of M&S Patty. They're a bit expensive, but always on a 2 for something offer in the chilled bit. They do a variety of little bags of prepared veg. Lovely as well!!! I try and get the little bags of butternut squash to throw in curry ;) The big bags are £2 and that's a bit steep for me lol

Those veg bags in the US sound awesome!! xx

Sorry to hear work has been so manic, hope it's not having an adverse affect on your health.
I think if you know you're having a day off or a treat night you stick to it like glue more because you know you've got something to look forward to. I find it's harder if you've been good and hardly used any syns because I think sometimes have that chocolate or that chinese because you've got loads of syns to use and before you know it you're off plan :(
I hope you enjoy your pizza and drinks tonight x x x

I've lost another lb!!!!!!!!!!! I was 74.9kg, so 0.6kg off. OMG!! And I really, really need to poop as well ;) I'm going to try really hard to stay off the scales until next weekend. I'm on earlies on Monday and Tuesday, but I will try and stay off them.

I can be really hit and miss with knowing I have something planned. I'm either really strict and stick to it like mad or think "F*ck it!" and eat everything. Will have to be careful this weekend, I don't want tonight to roll in to a weekend off plan. We were supposed to be going to a little fair thing at a local park on Sunday (cake stalls!!) but it's supposed to be "ark" weather so I dunno. Will try very very hard to stay on plan.

I think I'm in a good place mentally at the moment, which is helping more than I could ever explain. I'm feeling happier and more confident at work and trying to put those niggling feelings about people behind me. I honestly can't believe I have lost almost 6lb in recent weeks. I know I've worked hard with food and exercise, but I'm so relieved my body is letting me lose something. I wonder if I could push for a miracle and get that half a stone off before London that I wanted....Hmmmm.....

Barbette work hasn't seemed to push me over the edge illness wise. I don't know how because it has been manic and I'm really not sleeping well this week. But, so far I'm doing ok :) Besides, the bourbon I'm having later will help! I really don't know how I'm not in more pain than I am though and I haven't had to wear my glasses and haven't had much of the wibbly wobblies! This week at work I think I could describe as a constant gym workout, which happens to be in a hot jungle somewhere. So humid and gross!!

Anyway, need to decide what to eat for lunch. This afternoon's plan is lunch watching Neighbours, take the dogs for a very quick walk each - it's chucking it down here and neither like the rain, so probably just a quick around the block. Might have a bit of a lie down this afternoon too. I don't really do naps as they usually make me feel quite sick, but I think I need a decent period of rest before I get ready and go out tonight. Getting up this morning was such hard work! I was on an early as well, so up an hour earlier :cry:

So looking forward to tonight. I've invited 3 friends from work as well, so should be a nice group :) xx

Friday food. PIZZA AND COCKTAIL NIGHT!!

Morning break:
Red grapes, blackberries, and blueberries
Shape 0%

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
Sweet jacket spud
Cottage cheese
Salad - mange tout, baby sweetcorn, sweet peppers, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and beetroot

Tea: A cocktail, pizza, glass of wine or beer, and cheesecake :D

Drinks: Coffee. Squash.

Syns used: Using all of today's and all the saved ones :)

Exercise:
4hrs at work.
28mins/1.4miles walking with Dave
17mins/0.9miles walking with Ellie - so close to a combined 2.5miles lol!!!

Last edited:
Well done on another loss :D I think the mix of good food and all the walking you're doing is paying off. I was thinking too, maybe the reason why you're not feeling it as bad this week after manic shifts is because your stamina has built up with the extra exercise you've been doing, fingers crossed this is the case and you'll have fewer bad days.
I'm terrible if I've had a really good week I'll think oh you can get that naughty food and you'll be fine but I find it never is :( where as if I know I'm going out I will stick to it like glue and deviate and I usually do better. Nothing is happening for me at the moment so I have decided to go against the physio and I've been on my exercise bike today so will see how it affects my back.
Have fun tonight enjoy the food and drink, well deserved x x x x

Great loss! I agree with Barbette re good food and exercise. Finishing that (stupid) course and so removing the pressure of studying and doing assignments will also be helping - and p'haps explains why you haven't needed your glasses?

Hope you have a super-duper time tonight - you deserve it!

Well those quick, short dog walks didn't happen!! Definitely got carried away with Davey - we ended up in a park we've not been to for ages. And I added a bit on to Ellie's too. Have done quite a few hills this week. They KILL my hips, but I figure it's a good way to build stamina and fitness. I'm not doing loads, definitely building them up slowly.
It was still raining when I went out so wore my hoody. What a mistake!! I am now probably the sweatiest thing that has ever existed LOL!

I'm really, really trying to build up my fitness. My own, tailor-made version of 'pacing'. Would rather do it my own way and doing something that is relevant to me :) Seems to be working. Or at least I hope it is and that it's not just that I'm generally having a good week.
Most of the time the pain is almost bearable, although I am consistently taking 2 amitryptiline rather than 1. I'm not taking much other pain relief, but I never do, it has to be really bad for me to take even more pills.
The fatigue is doing me in this week with all the early mornings at work and lack of sleep. Really can't explain how bad my ears and throat are - always worse the more fatigued I am *shrug*

Anyway, enough of that!!

I'm glad I've made the decision to shake up my food a bit. I really was just eating basically the same thing everyday and surely your body gets used to that? Like it would if you just did the exact same exercise? I'm really pleased I'm looking at food a bit differently and actually making a bit more effort and thinking about it more.

Be careful on your bike!! But totally understand where you're coming from. You're not really getting any help or much advice and you have to look after yourself. Besides, we're not daft and I think we do know how to look after ourselves and when to stop and when to push it :)

Patty the issues I have with my eyes don't seem to fit a pattern at all. Sometimes it's when my head symptoms are particularly bad and sometimes my eyes are the worst symptoms. I've found absolutely no pattern whatsoever - which is frustrating. I can't even say I'm spending less time looking at screens or reading, I'm just looking at screens and reading other things LOL!! I do know that low light, bright light, and florescent lights hugely effect it, even if they weren't bad before. But that's about it, it seems it comes and goes whenever it feels like. Like the rest of my symptoms I suppose.
I dunno, stupid illness ;)

Finishing the course has definitely helped my mental state though. Absolutely!! Without any doubt. Just wish I could have my results! Paperwork is due to be sent out this afternoon by my boss, so maybe I'll get a result next week. We shall see!! xx

I think your better doing it yourself, you know what is enough for you and when to stop. I think you're doing amazingly well at the minute both for food and exercise and you've been really positive to boot all of which I helping you, a massive well done :D
If the bike causes hassle I'll stop just fed up of not being able to do anything, I think it's why the losses have slowed because I'm no where as active as I was.
x x x

Tonight was loads of fun! :D

It started off well as I came downstairs from getting ready and Rachelle said "Wow, you look really skinny" to which I replied "Good! It was what I was going for" ;) LOL!

We had a really fun time and lots of laughs and loads of food. My pizza was mozzarella, mushrooms, spinach, artichoke, and pine nuts. Holy crap!! And I got chocolate orange cheesecake for dessert. I was quite good drinks wise and had my Old Fashioned, made with Makers Mark, and a glass of red wine. The rest was diet Coke.

Me and Martin went back to Michelle's for a bit and stopped at Tesco on the way for the Coke and Michelle bought some Maltesers and Revels. I didn't have any :innocent0002: We attempted to play Cards Against Humanity, but it wasn't really working with the 3 of us. So we made our own playing cards LOL!! I sort of got taught to play Canadian Gin Rummy (is that a thing?) and then we retired to the couch to watch Doctor Horrible. Martin's not a tv/film type, but he laughed a lot. Me and Michelle sang a lot and got some decent harmonising going on ;) I have a sore, gravely throat from bourbon and shouting in the noisy restaurant, so that worked rather well :p

Not long got home and just made a small cup of coffee and watching a bit of Run, Fat Boy Run before I go to bed. Alcohol really messes with my sleep, even more than normal, so need to be SUPER tired!!

And I'm gonna stop rambling now and leave you all in peace.
See you tomorrow.xx

Saturday food. Veggie breaky!!! Haven't had one in so long :D

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Beans
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms and red pepper (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Quorn steak
Spicy gherkins
Pasta N Sauce mac & cheese (rest of HexA1 for milk + 2)
Cheese (HexA2)
Salad
Beetroot
2 breaded onion rings (3)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Nakd Cocoa Crunch (5)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 11
Syns saved: 4

Exercise: Absolutely bugger all!

Last edited:
Hey Patty!
It's quite rare to get a compliment out of my sister, so I actually believe her ;)

I did have my waist-nipper on, so I did cheat a bit. But I wanted to feel comfortable and not worry about wobbly bits. I have to say that it fit much better and felt much better than it did a couple of months ago. I guess those couple of kg's do make a hell of a difference :D Hope it keeps on going. Trying really hard anyway!!

I am suffering a bit today. I was still awake past 3am, but I did actually get some sleep and a proper lie-in. Huzzah!!! I'm a bit painful and fuzzy and my head feels all bluerg, but I'm alright. Have stayed in today :)

You having a nice weekend?x

Yay that you updated your ticker :D "skinny" comment must have been a boost!

Is the polar loop kinda like a pedometer then, but tracks swimming too? I use my polar in the water too, was great to see what I was burning while swimming!
x

Yay that you updated your ticker :D "skinny" comment must have been a boost!

Is the polar loop kinda like a pedometer then, but tracks swimming too? I use my polar in the water too, was great to see what I was burning while swimming!
x

The Polar Loop seems to be exactly like a FitBit, but it tracks swimming, which a FitBit doesn't do. I haven't done an awful lot of research in to them because I can't actually afford one. But that seems to be the only difference between the two of them is that the Polar Loop can be worn while swimming *shrug*

Sooooooo, today's food has been a bit (a lot off plan). But there is good reason!!

Me and Mum booked our holiday today :D We're off to Lanzarote in October. Woohooo!! 10 days of me ninja'ing from one patch of shade to the other and hissing at the sun and glaring at children ;) I'm a delight on holiday :p
We're going back to the resort I've been to a few times, but I've not been for about 9 years. We've picked a nice, small apartment complex that's purely self catering. The apartments have just been renovated and had new kitchens and everything put in - looks gorgeous!! And the reviews on Trip Advisor are actually really, really good! I know you have to be a bit careful on Trip Advisor because people like to moan and I am good at ignoring the moaners ;) But I think there is like one bad-ish review in the last 12 months.

So yeah, 10 days in Costa Teguise!

Which, and I know you can all see it coming, means I have 2 months to build up my fitness and lose a bit more weight. The more the merrier ;) But no pressure, will just try my best and see what happens.
So had an off-plan afternoon, which has actually made me feel quite sick, and that's it now. We leave on the 6th October :)

In other news, we went to see Guardians of the Galaxy this evening. It is awesome!!! :D xx

It's lovely having something to look forward to! Just two months to wait and there shouldn't be many children there as it's term time. Strangely enough, we booked next year's holiday today as well - just back to where we went this year as a sort of early 80th birthday present for Peter. Can't believe he'll be 80 next year!

Back