Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Tonight was a bit of a disaster! 10mins in to The Purge Anarchy there was a huge power surge and all the electrics died on the block the cinema was on. We got evacuated out, but hung round for a bit to see what was going on. No chance of the cinema getting power :( So we decided to drive to the next nearest Cineworld, in Runcorn. That's when we discovered the power was out everywhere in that area - not traffic lights on an insanely busy 4 way junction :eek: Sh*t!! So took us a while to get out.
We made it to Runcorn just in time to see a 3D showing of Guardians of the Galaxy - had to catch Michelle up on the first minute! The 3D is pretty impressive as well. Possibly the best 3D I've seen so far. It actually added to the film, but was obvious and in your face going "LOOK I'M IN 3D!!!!!!!!!!" It was pretty snazzy and I greatly dislike 3D.

Even though I was super stressed I stuck to my healthy food and actually brought some home :) Low syn tea as well! And my bread's gone mouldy so even just had 1 piece of regular wholemeal ;)

Absolutely knackered now!! Can't wait for my lie-in tomorrow :D xx

Last edited:
Thursday food.

Lunch:
Multigrain Oats So Simple (HexB1)
Skimmed milk (part HexA1)
1/3 super berry detox tub - blueberries, cranberries, goji berries, and green raisins (2)
Banana
Maple syrup (0.5)
Small bowl of grapes, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
Shape 0%

Tea:
Homemade chilli - Quorn mince, red onion, mushrooms, peppers, courgette, sweetcorn, mixed beans, refried beans, and chopped tomatoes
Mexican rice
Cheese (HexA2)
Cottage cheese
Salad

Snacks:
Aldi Wacko biscuit (5)
Aldi mini Dreamy (3.5)
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 11
Syns saved: 22

Exercise:
Having a rest day as I feel like absolute balls. Bad, bad day!

Last edited:
That must have been some surge - wow! You did extremely well to stick to your healthy eating.

The parvo outbreak sounds awful - poor dogs and poor those dealing with it. Antiseptic food baths sounds all too similar to foot and mouth - nasty.

You are doing incredibly well with the walking; sorry you're hurting so much but hope you enjoyed a lie-in this morning. Food sounds good but can I ask? do you put the cottage cheese on your chilli? As a sort of substitute for a chive and sour cream topping?

It's great that you are enjoying eating so much :D I need to try some new bits as nothing really excites me at the mo :( not even cereal (whaaaat?!) hehe.
I really wanna see Purge Anarchy! What did you think of the first one? Loved the villian guy!!

Hey guys!
Having an awful, awful day. Have spent most of it lying down and it's gotta be really bad for me to lie down. Think I even nodded off a bit during the afternoon!! I have watched Aladdin, most of season 2 of Rocko's Modern Life, and I'm going to watch Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 in a minute. Definitely a cartoon day! I love animation :D

Mum's been ill today as well though so I've had to just get on with it and look after her when she got home from work. I honestly feel like my head and my face are going to explode. It's super pleasant!

Patty luckily Parvo can't cross species. Human's can be affected by the virus, but it usually just presents as a nasty tummy bug for us, it's not fatal like it is in dogs. If we didn't have an isolation ward we would have to use the likes of foot baths more often as part of barrier nursing :) I feel so awful for the dogs at the moment. There is SO much parvo around right now. And we're seeing a scary increase in Leptosirosis cases too - which I honestly think is worse than parvo, but it's less well known. That is a death sentence as well, there is no coming back from Lepto and it is a zoonotic, so humans can get it and die! Scary sh*t!!!

Aye I have cottage cheese with my chilli and also curry. I thought it'd be gross, but it works really really well! Someone from work had chilli with cottage cheese last year so thought I'd give it a go. Great tip! Also discovered recently it goes really well with tuna :)

Awww Tetris, not even cereal?!!!
To be honest I hated the first Purge. I thought the idea was wasted by a terrible storyline. I have higher hopes for Anarchy and I hope they've learned from the first one and do it properly this time. I don't think we'll get a chance to see it at the cinema now tho! If it's still on early next week I'll try and get to see it.
Discovered there's a Cineworld near-ish where we're staying in London. Score ;)

I just really liked the baddie in Purge! He was so smiley and evil and ooooh it was kinda hot ;)
Cineworlds in central london (shaftsbury ave and haymarket) you have to pay extra for- I think £2 or £3, as there is a higher priced contract to add those cinemas to your unlimited card. Bit silly but I guess most cinemas in that area charge like £13 for a standard adult ticket!
Sorry you've been feeling so rough :( I wanna watch Aladdin now :D such a great film and Robbin Williams is GOLD as the genie!

Well, the universe is pushing me at the moment. I went in to feed Rocco last night and he's died :( He was the last of my chinchilla family and I've been keeping chins since I was about 16! All the same family as well and Rocco was the youngest baby (accidental mating btw!) He turned 8 this week.
I feel so so sad to have lost him. He was a lovely animal and an absolute joy to have. So cheeky and he had such a beautiful face that always looked like he was smiling.
I'm going to bury him in the garden seen as that's where all his family are. Would feel odd having him cremated when they all weren't. So I have that to look forward to later.

I couldn't settle after I found him so went out to check on the bunnies and make sure they were ok. At like 2am!! I'm not easily scared and have no issues with the dark or anything, but I could hear something breathing quite heavily on the other side of the fence. I had my torch, but couldn't see anything in the garden. I had to assume that it was either a dog or a fox and get to the garage and back as quickly as possible. I could still hear it when I was in the garage tho and I could hear movement too. So that was eepy!!

Surprisingly I didn't sleep well :( So fed up with losing my lovely animals.

Tetris the closest Cineworld to our hotel is Chelsea. I know about the uplift for central London Cineworlds, but wasn't sure if Chelsea would be included. Depends if we have time, but it's an option. xx

This is Rocco when he was 3 weeks old
Rocco3wks.jpg

I've lost so many animals over the last year or so. Can't believe the last of the chinchilla's have gone. 15 years they were in my life!! Ellie hasn't even been around that long yet. Utterly heartbreaking that they're all gone :(
I've buried Rocco and also scattered the ashes of his Mum, Charlie, and also Ralph's too. All back in the universe together.
And to have lost Saddam this week too :cry:

I was so tempted to get a takeaway or buy a pizza or something. But decided on a comfort food SW tea. There's no superfree, but I think much better than the choices I could have made.x

Friday food.

Lunch:
2 free Linda M sausages
Beans with cherry tomatoes in
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms and red pepper (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
2 Quorn lamb grills
Seasoned new and sweet potato chunks
Mushy peas
Sweetcorn
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Tomato (1)

Snacks:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Caramel Freddo (5)
Mini Dreamy (3.5)

Syns used: 10.5
Syns saved: 26.5

Exercise:
An hour or so shopping
Cleaning the bunnies

Saturday Food. 8-6:30 at work. Food for now, could be eaten in any order lol.

Breakfast:
Alpen Light (half HexB1)
Banana

Morning break:
Fruit tub - red grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
Shape 0%
Nakd Strawberry Crunch (5.5)

Lunch:
Jacket potato
Quorn steak
Beany veg casserole
Cheese (half HexA1)
Salad - mixed leaves, spinach, sweetfire beetroon, and some little posh tomatoes. No idea what they're called :p

Afternoon break:
Snack biscuits (5)
Benefit Light (rest of HexB1)

Tea: Basically nugget burgers with noodles :D
6 Quorn nuggets (3)
Low fat Supernoodles
Cheese (HexA2)
Salad - mixed leaves, spinach, sweetfire beetroot, and some more posh little tomatoes
Really small amounts of extra light mayo, tomato sauce, and mustard (1)

Snack - coz I need more food ;)
Mini Dreamy (3.5)
Mini Malteaser Bunny (3)

Syns used: 21
Syns saved: 20.5

Exercise: A loooooong day at work. In the back too, so working kennels and prep.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your chinchilla, you're having such an awful week as far as pets are concerned :( well done on staying on track and not giving in to pizza. Sending you big hugs x x x x x x

Thanks Barbette. Really means a lot!

Saddam's ashes have come back for my friend. They spelled his name "Saddan" and Marie said that maybe they couldn't believe that someone would actually name their animal Saddam LOL!
Or they could have just got it wrong like with Ralph :p

Will write a proper update tomorrow. But not as bad a day as I had planned for! So that's good :)

Sunday Food. 8-6:30 at work. Food for now, could be eaten in any order lol. Accidentally turned in to an EE day. I've had more than enough syns and snacks so really don't need the extra Hex's. 3 EE days this week :eek:

Breakfast:
Alpen Light (half HexB1)
Banana

Morning break:
Fruit tub - red grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
Shape 0%

Lunch:
Sweet jacket potato
Chilli portion
Cheese (half HexA1)
Salad - mixed leaves, spinach, sweetfire beetroot, and some little posh tomatoes.

Afternoon break:
Apple Cosmo Graze tub (5)
Benefit Light (rest of HexB1)

Tea:
2 veggie burgers (2)
Mash
Sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, and carrots
Onion gravy (3)
Picalilli (0.5)

End of week treat:
Snack biscuits (5)
Hotel Chocolat Tiddly Pot (someone once told me 14 syns and I'm sticking with it ;))

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero. 1 measure of bourbon (3) Hot chocolate made with 200ml Alpro Coconut milk (half a HexA + 2)

Syns used: 34.5
Syns left this week: A whole ONE! :p

Exercise: A loooooong day at work.

Last edited:
A NSV - I have arm muscles again!! Noticed them the other day when I had an itch lol. But yeah, actual biceps!! And that is solely from being in work. Goes to show how physical it is I guess. Just need the bingo wings to catch up ;)

I did weigh today, but I wasn't happy with it :p Plus I was bloated and I have done 3 poo's since then, so decided to WI in the morning. Will pick the lowest from the two LOL!!

Well, today was ballz!! And everyone was in a bad mood for their own reasons and annoyed at at least one other member of the team. So that was fun!!
It was a very busy day and inpatients got a bit out of control and the nurse I was with spent a LOT of time in isolation (kind of fair enough really) so i was pretty much left to run regular kennels - which might as well be our new isolation wing *eye roll* Not that many patients in all honesty, but each one took up a lot of time and it was just an endless loop of parvo.
I did get the big, stupid rottweiler X bear to eat and sent home :D I'm damn good at getting them to eat, even if I do say so myself ;)
I honestly, without sounding like a massive d*ck, think I did a really good job and I'm pretty damn happy with what I did and how I managed and how well my patients were looked after.
I got called in to iso many times and had to help out in consults a ridiculous amount of times and also assisted on a caesarian.

I feel like I've been beaten up and run over by a truck. I managed to only get a few scratches on my arm - from an overly friendly staffy. Hoping they fade by the weekend. Will be moisturising like mad!!!
BUT it's all done and I'm off for 9 days. NINE!!!!!!!

Just had my chocolatey naughties and I'm watching The 5 Year Engagement :) See y'all tomorrow.xx

Ps. I got weighed again today and I have stayed the same. That's ok considering I had 2 days off plan last week! Yesterday, the one I wasn't happy with, was a 0.5kg/1lb gain, so I'm good ;)
And I've just worked out I did 8.6miles of dog walking. A bit behind, but I wasn't very well for a couple of days and then had my ridiculous weekend shift to get thru.
A good week I think! I am tempted to go to Boots to get on the scales on Thursday tho lol!

Last edited:
Bad, bad day today. Didn't wake up until 3:30!! I feel awful, so painful and fuzzy and jittery. Just doing a quick food update, wont be able to use the laptop much today. Hope everyone's ok.x

Monday food.

A very late lunch:
Oats So Simple porridge thing (HexB1)
Alpro coconut milk (part HexA1)
Part Super Berry Detox Graze tub (2)
Banana
Maple syrup (0.5)
Small bowl of red grapes, blueberries, and raspberries
Shape 0%

Tea:
Quorn steak topped with spicy gherkins
Roasted red onion, courgette, peppers, and tomatoes
Tomato Pasta N Sauce
Cheese (HexA2)

Snack:
2 Benefit Lights (HexB2)
Cocoa Crunch Nakd (5)
Mini Dreamy (3.5)

Syns used: 11
Syns saved: 4

Exercise: Ha!

Last edited:
Oh you poor thing :( so sorry to hear about what a sh*te week you've had and about poor Rocco :( *BIG HUG* must be devastating, especially as he was the last of the family you'd raised for all those years :'( *hughughug!!* and to deal with him and Saddam in one week must be really awful... Really feel for you babe. Fantastic job staying on plan through that, hardcore :)
x

Yay to the muscles - lovely little powerhouses quitely burning fuel. Lol.

Sunday seems to have a bad effect on so many people - perhaps it was all that deary rain - and I guess you're all stressed from dealing with the parvo on top of all the 'normal' vet-practice type activities.

What a shame you've had such a rotten start to your holiday but super well done for sticking to plan despite it. I badly need to take a leaf out of your book. Hope you're feeling better today.

Tuesday food.

Lunch:
2 Weetabix (HexB1)
Alpro coconut milk (part HexA1)
Part Super Berry Detox Graze tub (2)
Banana
Maple syrup (1)
Small bowl of red grapes and blackberries
Shape 0%

Tea:
bbq bean casserole - bbq beans, red onion, mushrooms, courgette, peppers, carrots, green beans, and cherry tomatoes
Quorn Steak
Big jacket spud
Cheese (HexA2)
Mixed salad leaves and sweetfire beetroot

Snack:
Snacksize Ripple (4.5)
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Syns used: 7.5
Syns saved: 11.5

Exercise:
A walk to Aldi and back. Maybe 30mins or so.

Last edited:
Back