Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hey guys!
Feeling slightly more human today. A little bit more with it. Quite nauseous tho!! A bit worrying as there's a lot of upset tummy bugs in work at the moment. It's probably just the IBS-like stuff. Hopefully!!

I do still feel really sad about Rocco. I keep going in to the room at night to feed them! It's a hard habit to break after that many years! Can't believe I lost them both within a week. That's bad even by my standards! I had a run like this not so long ago didn't I?! Bloody animals!!

I think my stubbornness is keeping me on plan. I want to look alright at the wedding this weekend and also definitely want to lose a bit of weight for our holiday. I'll probably have a few bad days in between, but I want to stay on plan as much as possible. Just ignore this coming weekend.... ;)

Hehe Patty I'm not sure how much energy my little arm muscles are burning! Although, considering how jittery and how many muscle tremors I had yesterday I hope they were burning calories and at least doing something useful ;)

We hoped the horrible storms would keep people away from work!! It didn't :p I just think we had a couple of bad people on our team that ruined it!

Ah patty you're dead good at being on plan and recovering from days off!! You're a proper inspiration!!

Just had my hair done. YAY! My only girly outlet ;) My hairdresser is having a bad day and brought the wrong colour for my foils lol. Good job I'm dead laid back about my hair!! So I have copper highlights again. She's gonna come and put some red in for me before I go away and then we'll reassess it at the next appointment. To be honest, it looks really nice!! So we're going to add-in red rather than cover up the copper. I'll hopefully get some nice pics this weekend. I'll make my friend take some of me ;) As long as you promise to be nice.xx

Sorry not been on long weekend :( And I'm really sorry you've had a bad few days but I'm glad to see you're a bit better. I know it sounds bad but I hope it's the IBS-like symptoms and not a tummy bug that wouldn't be good for your time off and going to a wedding.

When you're on plan you're unstoppable :D

I get so upset when I lose a pet, I had to think twice before getting the budgies, but at the end of the day I couldn't live without a pet in the house it would seem empty.

It will be nice to see some nice girly pictures of you x x x

Hey Barbette!
Aye I hope it is ME related nausea and not the virus. I think I'd be really sick by now if I had it. One of the other nurses started with symptoms yesterday :(
I do feel a bit better today, but still rather bad. We couldn't go to the Unlimited screening tonight as I really didn't feel it would be safe for me to drive. After our hairdresser friend left we had a walk round to Aldi and that completely took it out of me! *sigh*

Lol it's weird isn't it. Sometimes I am so off plan it's ridiculous and I eat junk for no reason and find all sorts of silly excuses. But when I'm focused and properly on plan absolutely nothing can get in the way! I actually feel a bit anxious about being off plan over the weekend. Going to try my best not to go too mad and eat silly things for the sake of it, but also just enjoy myself. From next Monday we have exactly 8 weeks until we go on holiday. I would be rather thrilled at a loss of 1lb per week before we go!!

I've loved and lost so many pets and it is really hard. I think I said last time I had a horrible run of deaths that I try not to let it get to me and I am incredibly realistic about death. But Rocco was different. Like Tetris said, the last of that family I cared for. For almost half my life!!! I wouldn't be without animals either though. I would rather love and lose them than go without. And I will no doubt continue to rescue strays and such lol! Just the way I am I guess :)

I will try and get some nice pics of me. I'm sure if we meet up with Tetris she will be kind enough to take some flattering ones ;)

Just sitting down to watch The Avengers. I wanted to start a Thor re-watch, but you do need Avengers in the middle to watch it properly :p xx

Ps. I'll catch up on everyone's diaries soon.

Wednesday food: A tuna'ry EE day. A tropical inspired lunch as well ;)

Lunch:
Tuna mixed with red onion, sweetcorn, peppers, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Small jacket sweet spud
Cottage cheese
Salad - baby gem lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and pineapple

Tea:
M&S roasted veg lasagne (3)
Home made potato salad (0.5)
Veg bag - butternut squash, tender-stem broccoli, and green beans
Cheese (half HexA)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB)
Aldi hazelnut Mini Delight (5)
Toffee yogurt

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero. Options made with Alpro coconut milk (rest of HexA + 2)

Syns used: 11
Syns saved: 15.5

Last edited:
Hey guys! I need a ruling on which bag to go with? Do I go all out rock chick or play it safe?
Oh and Rachelle gave me a hair tutorial and we're sorted!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1407946739417.jpg
    1407946739417.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 1407946756840.jpg
    1407946756840.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 1407946802276.jpg
    1407946802276.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 56
I put the pics on FB and the black bag more than won lol!
Rachelle taught me how to put my hair up like that :D We had a girly afternoon ;) I have a good side pic as well, will add it on.

And thanks matey!! I still think I photograph terribly lol. And I have a big head :p I like how the dress looked today and that was without my waist-nipper. I think I will wear that as I will feel more confident and comfortable with it on and I won't worry so much.
It's quite handy having designer bags to borrow from Rachelle ;) That black one is Calvin Klein and the lighter one is Ollie and Nic. She offered to lend me the matching bracelet for the Calvin Klein one, but I have really tiny wrists (and ankles *shrug*) and I'd spend the whole time trying to keep it on!!

Love the hair - and the dress looks good too! I agree that the black bag looks the better of the two but I like a bag with a long strap like the satchel has as it's so convenient to be able to wear a bag across the body. But then I have terrible trouble keeping a shoulder strap on my shoulder - I think I must have very sloping shoulders!

To be honest I need the bag justfor my phone and my purse. I'll only need it for the actual wedding really - or at least only carry it for that. We're staying in the hotel the reception is at anyway. So just need to get to the wedding and back.
The reception is an afternoon tea, not like a DJ and drinking kinda reception, so I don't even think we'll need to buy drinks. It sounds like everything is included in the afternoon tea - which is quite an exciting idea :D Looking forward to that!

I was worried about going all out "rock chick" with the black bag. But, what the hell, it's who I am and my friend knows I'm not a girly girl and to me that outfit is quite a big effort and I like it anyway. Have only had positive comments to far :)
I do actually like both bags, but I might as well go all-in lol!!

Impressed with my hair. I mean, it's quite colourful now isn't it?! Haha!!

Barbette, I've checked our hotel booking and because it's already paid in advance it says we don't need to confirm. Is that safe enough?? Check-in doesn't start till 3 and we wont actually arrive in London till just after 3 anyway. xx

Friday food. Another EE day to eat up all my tuna ;)

Lunch:
Tuna mixed with red onion, sweetcorn, peppers, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Jacket spudato
Cottage cheese
Salad - baby gem lettuce, spinach, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and pineapple

Tea: Mexican bean stew
Quorn pieces, red onion, mushrooms, smoked garlic, peppers, sweetcorn, spinach, "fajita beans"
Packet of Golden rice
Graze jalapeno hot chips - flax tortilla chips with jalapeno jam (3.5)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB)
Snacksize Ripple (4.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Lemonade. Highlights made with Alpro coconut milk (rest of HexA + 2)

Syns used: 10.5
Syns saved: 20

Last edited:
I'd say and I know from working in the industry, just because it's a prepaid booking and it says online doesn't mean they won't outbook you if they're full. What I'd do if I were you is phone up on the day and just say to them you're checking they've got you're booking or something similar and that you will be arriving just after 3. What this will do is confirm you are arriving and they're less likely to do it, hotels get so many people just not show up even when they've made payment. If someone phoned me saying they were definitely arriving I wouldn't outbook them, we normally go on a last in gets outbooked as you're hoping they don't turn up, it's like playing chicken with bookings I really hate that part of my job. I wouldn't worry too much, compared to the number bookings the percentage of outbookings is very, very small.
I think you look lovely and you should be yourself, it's not like you're going looking like a scruff, I'm all for individuality x x x

Ta mate! I'll get my friend to email them tomorrow - you know how rubbish I am with phone calls!

I had the option of going girly with the dress I wore for Caz's hen party - dark with birds on and quite floaty. But I was determined to slim in to this dress again ;) Lol! *stubborn moose*
Will hopefully get some nice pics. My friend is sh*t at taking photo's tho .....

Have started a new Bzz Agent campaign and it's new flavoured Heinz beans. Don't think the syn values will be available yet but I can't see anything syn worthy in them compared to the bbq beans or other non-cheesy flavoured ones. Used the "Fajita" ones today to make a Mexican style bean stew. Om nom!!
I also have a tin of Veg Chilli beans to try too :) xx

I use the chilli beans and add veg to them as a quick cheat for chilli and rice. I've been looking at the fajita ones but not bought them yet. I've just looked online and they're not on there yet but when you put it through the syns calculator they come out at 3 syns per tin with is not bad as if you put other stuff in you could easily get 2 meals out of a tin x x x

I didn't even know they were out yet. Only got my Bzzz Kit yesterday. The fajita ones were quite nice, bit salty, but nice. I always, always add veg and stuff to things like this lol.
Why I made tonight could (should) have split in to 3 portions, but I've had one big portion and freezing the other. I guess 1.5 syns per portion isn't bad. They're free till I know any better ;)
Are the veg chilli ones free?x

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Right guys, I will be off to bed soon. I'm pretty much packed - just last minute things for t'morning. Got me a hot chocolate and some chocolatey snacks with Hot Fuzz on. And I'll be off to bed soon.

Just finished my food diary and have managed to save 20 syns so far this week. It's killing me not knowing if I've lost any weight this week ;) But the scales shall have their say next week when I'm back at work. Eeeep!!
Plan for this weekend is to basically do what I want, but not cave in to eating crap for the sake of it. You know?
Tomorrow's train brunch will be a salad from M&S and some fruit - I've got some fruit to take with me that needs eating. So will take blueberries, grapes, and pineapple. Some of the new veggie M&S salads look nommy :D We're having sort of tea at the Scandinavian place ScandiKitchen
There will be at least one trip to Hummingbird Bakery - probably Sunday. And the wedding reception is afternoon tea. So CAKE!! lol ;)

Will try and take some nice piccies. Feel free to add me on FB if you haven't already. I'm Kelly Ann Roberts and my current picture is a Lego man shouting ;)

I have the app on my shiny new borrowed phone so I shall try and check-in.xx

Barbette - thanks for the info; it's good to know.<br><br>Kelly - I hope you have a lovely time and the weather's good. I like the idea of an afternoon tea reception - must suggest that to Alice. Whoever had the idea of putting M&amp;S food halls in stations and motorway service areas etc deserves a knighthood at the very least - they're lifesavers. We use them a lot and as you say, some of their food is so lovely and certainly not run of the mill. Scandikitchen and Hummingbird Bakery? Sounds great but stay away from the M&amp;M store which is, I'm told, far too tempting and bad for the wallet!

Back