Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Thanks Barbette! :)

Survived the first day. Public transport is NOT my friend. Insane nausea and made my symptoms so bad :( And London has to be the most disabled unfriendly place ever!!! I am knackered and I got really wobbly. Michelle's looked after me tho :D

We didn't make it to Scandikitchen today - we timed the tube very badly! Gonna try to go on Sunday.

Michelle's bag broke just as we got on our first tube. So we went on a new bag hunt and ended up on Kensington High Street and found Giraffe. Huzzah!!!
I had the falafel burger with sweet potato fries. And the key lime pie for dessert - one of their low fat options ;) Had 3/4 of a Strawberry Mule then realised alcohol was not a good idea so drank a lot of water!!!

Oh yes Patty, M&S is awesome. I had the goats cheese, lentil, and beetroot dip salad with some of a tub of pineapple, grapes, and blueberries from home. Then the motion sickness really set in. Rather surprised I didn't vomit on the woman next to me. Fast, tilty trains sick!!! I'm glad I'll always be too poor to travel on HS1 ;)
The bus and tubes were also horrific!!! Urgh!! I miss Sven :p

Here's a pic of me on the train before I turned green. Moustache coffee :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1408141923215.jpg
    1408141923215.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 87
Hey guys!
I'm back home. Finally!!! Nightmare journey home yesterday. We picked up our bags from the hotel at 6pm and I got in to my house some time after 1:30am..... I was SO tired!! Was really hungry though and then wanted to sit up with the dogs for a bit. Think I eventually got to bed at 3am.
After a few nights of awful sleep it was nice to be in my own bed!

The wedding was lovely. Quite possibly the quickest ceremony ever. It couldn't have been any longer than 10 minutes!! Me and Michelle stopped at a pretty church gardens on the way to take some nice photo's ;) We had pics done outside of the town hall and then we walked back to the hotel for the reception. I've never met Chiu-Yee's family or her (now) husband before and they were all lovely. He mum was amazing!! I also got on really well with one of the bridesmaids.
A few guests were snobby, yuppy types who gave off the impression that they were laughing at everyone and felt above them all. Really got my hackles up! You should have seen their disapproving faces when I said I worked with animals. I did very well to not react when I was told they had purposefully bred their rabbits..... So, go me!! But the majority of people were nice.
We ended up on the "odd/outcast" table at the reception with two of the grooms uni friends and the photographer and her assistant. To be honest though, we had such a laugh!! And we fully acknowledged we were the outcasts lol. Imagine the "freak" table from the Wedding Singer LOL!! But yeah, was fun actually. And the food was beautiful!! A cake fiend's heaven.
I think from the reception I ate a cheese sandwich and a couple of vegetable sandwiches, carrot cake, a beautiful scone with tons of jam (I can't have cream), a little strawberry mirangue, home made lemonade, tea, and champagne!! None of the hot food appealed to me - the only veggie options were chips and a mushroom tart. But I was happy with my posh picnic. I coped quite well eating in front of strangers, but I wish I'd had more ;)
I was so so drained from the day though and we ended up having to stay in that night. The reception winded down around 4pm and I headed straight to our room for my pj's. Michelle ran out to Starbucks for coffee for me and then we decided to have a hotel room picnic for tea and watch Iron Man on tv. I ended up with sandwiches from Tesco and chips from Burger King LOL!! And my wedding favours - cookies and macaroons. I was endlessly hungry this weekend. I think my body struggling with all it had to do.
So much walking, stairs, carrying stuff, etc. And I had no idea how hard the tube would be as a disabler. How my Mum coped a few years ago I will never know. Even with Michelle carrying my case most of the time and us trying to use one of the few disabled access tubes it was a nightmare for me.
My anxiety was bad, I was so horrendously painful and exhausted, and got a lot of attitude from people because I was slow. I did work out a way to survive tho - find a slow old person and walk behind them ;)
We had a 20-30min walk to and from the wedding too - no tube stations and I couldn't be a*sed with buses :p

But, I survived and Michelle looked after me really well and was so understanding. I felt awful not being able to do much, but she really was very good :)

Yesterday was a bit hectic. Up early to check out and headed straight to the Natural History Museum - 5mins from the hotel. Already a bl**dy big queue!! We had a quick coffee and I grabbed some yogurt and fruit as I was a bit wobbly, then we had a good look round. SO busy!! I've never been there at the weekend and it was horrible :p Mid-week all the way. But we had a good time.
Headed to Scandinavian Kitchen for lunch and chilled out for a bit. Had a wander along Oxford Circus before heading to Kensington Palace Gardens with a Starbucks. Back to the hotel for our bags and then our horrendous journey. I wont go in to details, it was just very long and ridiculous!

I'll put some photo's up in my next post. Loads on FB tho :)

Having one last bad day today - I have no fresh food and tbh I'm still exhausted and craving all sorts. I was craving pizza and we were supposed to go out for pizza and wine on Sat, but I just couldn't go. I even dreamed about pizza last night!! A bizarre dream - I was in a supermarket, ordered my pizza, and then wandered round the shop crying :s

But today is two months to the day I go on holiday. So one more bad day and then super good!!! I've eaten a lot of cake and stuff this weekend ;) xx

You look great in the photos :) glad you had a brill but tiring time, hope you get time to recoup before you're back in work.
Will catch up properly tomorrow x x x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You look great in those photos and you wear your weight well which makes me wonder if your goal is actually a bit on the low side.

It sounds as though your time in London was good, just marred by the transport - and people, but then, people are a given in London! I symphasize with the tube - I hadn't appreciated how disabled unfriendly it is until Peter & I went last year. I also wore a pedometer and was astounded by how far we had to walk.

Hope you recover - and get your healthy food in - before work starts again.

Hey guys!
Aww you're both very lovely. Thank you!!

Still going through a bad time ME wise. Couldn't go out yesterday - only made it to the bunnies and back!! Feeling really rough today but I've had enough and I don't want to totally waste my last day off work. So we're going to the cinema to see Simon Pegg's new film. Will definitely be wearing my glasses to help with the wibbly wobbly-ness lol!!

Oh god London transport is awful for disabled people!! How anyone in a wheelchair gets in and around central London is a mystery. We pretty much stayed to zone one and only Euston and Green Park had disabled access!! This is awful. My social anxiety is much better than it used to be, but I think with added stress of ME and trying to deal with that definitely took it's toll. Even having to make polite conversation at the wedding was draining. For a while I couldn't even have a drink because I couldn't pick up my cup!! Absolutely ridiculous!! But, meh, whatever. Will just have to get used to it I think.
Hopefully I'll have a FitBit or Polar by the time I next go to London lol! I can imagine just how far we walked and how many steps we had to take. *grumble* I used to like the tube!!

Thank you for the lovely comments about how I look. Patty I think I dress well for my size/weight. I usually wear tops a size too big so there's no chance of showing any flab or muffin top ;) I've always dressed well for my size, even when I was a size 22! My target weight is set to the high end of my healthy BMI. BUT my current target is to get back to 11st and then see what's what. I would, for my health, prefer to be within my healthy BMI but we shall see! Would like to get as low as possible before my holiday and I would really really like to get back to being a 10/12 :D LETS GO!!

Back on plan today. Managed to scrape together an American breakfast - Rachelle was doing one so I copied!! A free Quorn burger so it was like an American flat sausage, beans, a fried egg, some wholemeal toast (had full sized bread so an extra syn?), cheese, and bbq sauce :) 2 syns I think!! And a proper "green" meal as I have no veg :p

Oh I f*cked up today..... Bloody cinema having an offer on pic & mix and Mum wanting sweets!! I need to get out of holiday mode!!

Will try again tomorrow! We did stop at Asda so I now have some fruit and veg and healthy things :D

Just put Lego on. SPACESHIP!!!

See y'all tomorrow.xx

*sends you the force, Luke!*

Funny that you found London underground so crap- I rarely find myself using steps (I always groan when I do lol!) but maybe because I usually change trains at Finsbury Park or Kings Cross to lines that have escalator connections! I guess though, thinking about it, there's often stairs to exit after the oyster barriers! Sorry that you struggled :(

On plan with you! Beachwear in the not so distant future! ;)

There are steps bloody everywhere!! Sometimes before and after the escalators or there aren't any escalators at all. There were loads of issues with the escalators this weekend - endless announcements of tube stations with broken ones. Even getting on escalators with a suitcase is difficult for me now. I felt rubbish for Michelle carrying my bag most of the time, I just didn't have the strength to even hold it in front of me - and I am pretty good at travelling light. Just sucks!

Having an awful day today. Feel really nauseous and I have a horrible, sickly, heavy headache. I also have a nasty cold sore in my nose that's very sore and causing lightning/shooting pains in my face, eye, ear, neck, and head on the right hand side. Just to add to my general feeling of crappiness!! Also quite tingly and weak in my arms and pretty jittery. So work will go well later ;)

I do feel really, really sick, which has the upside of me not wanting to eat. Had some Weetabix and banana for lunch and that'll do for now.x

Wednesday food.

Lunch:
2 Weetabix (HexB1)
Banana
2tsp of maple syrup (1)
120ml Kara milk (part HexA1)

Tea:
Quorn steak topped with gherkins and a drizzle of bbq sauce (0.5)
Pasta N Sauce mac & cheese made with Kara milk (2 + rest of HexA1)
Veg bag - carrots, mange tout, and broccoli
Sweetcorn
Cheese (HexA2)

Snack:
1 Alpen Light and a Benefit Light (HexB2)
2 Smil chocolates - a bit like Scandinavian Rolo's (probably about 4)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 7.5
Syns saved: 7.5

Exercise:
3hrs at work
Cleaning the bunnies

Last edited:
I'm not surprised you're finding it so difficult to get back on plan when you're feeling so poorly. I hope work was OK and you recover quickly.

It isn't just the stairs and escalators. Peter lived in London when he was younger and he says the corridors and platforms seem to have lengthened in the intervening years! We resorted to using the bus as he found them a bit easier. And I'm sure we're not the only ones to have travelled all the way round the Circle Line just to have a rest!

I got a punnet of about 20 flat peaches in Morrisons today. 99p or even cheaper as part of their 'any three for £2' offer which includes plums (again, a big punnet), pack of 4 avocados, potatoes, tomatoes and lettuce. There may be other things, but those are all I remember.

Hey guys!
I'm wondering if I'm like normal person sick? I feel like my temperature has been all over the place today. Burning up and getting flushed and then so cold I'm shivering. Had to put the heating on in the car coming home :confused:
This might sound a bit odd, but my symptoms aren't as they normally are with my ME. They feel different. I really do wonder if I've picked up a bug? I mean I know I've been having a really bad phase, just over 2 weeks now I think? But this really does feel different. I can't blame it all on London because I was bad before we went. I dunno, I just feel wrong and different.
When I got to work today I couldn't even keep my hands still, they were jittering all over the place! It's very odd.

In slightly good news, I got weighed today. Thought today would be a good day seen as I didn't eat very much before work. And I have only gained 1lb/hlaf a kg! I know the last couple of days of indulgences wont have made an impact yet and I'm sure I will probably gain a little more. But considering I have easily gained half a stone in under a week I am very, very pleased with a 1lb gain!
I'm going to try and behave myself and not get on the scales again until my shift next weekend. Give me some time to get my SW mojo back and let any gains or losses right themselves. But yeah, massively pleased with that!!

My coldsore has gotten worse by the hour. It is now beyond gross and HUGE!! Travelling further in to my nose and also out of it. It's also started leaking fluid, which is just excellent. Mum's picked me up some cream and I've got some hibi scrub to clean it properly before I put the cream on. They're so horrible!! The shooting pains in my head and face are just sickening. It's hurting my eye and ear as well. Neuralgia is no fun!! I'm hoping it sticks to just one cold sore. Sometimes, when I'm really run down, I get them in my nose and on my lip and then it triggers mouth ulcers. So really, really could do without that!
Just feel so sick and painful :( But like sick/sick!

I am going to stop winging now ;) Have managed a good, solid on plan green day today! Huzzah :D I'm going to have some chocolatey bits while watching a bit of The Grey on Film 4. Any excuse to watch Liam Neeson!
My sister offered me a portion of the pasta bake she'd made everyone for tea. But I was good and declined - it was made with a pasta sauce and probably had a cows worth of cheese on it. And, judging by the oven trays, they had garlic bread too ;) So feel rather saintly for passing that up.

They're some good bargains at Morrison's Patty!! I'm trying to stay out of the shops until I desperately need stuff again. I have noticed that Morrison's have really stepped up their game with their prices and offers. Pretty impressed!

LOL about travelling around the circle line to have a rest. I have done similar and taken the long way round to get to places just so I can sit down. It is useful at times :p xx

Last edited:
Urgh! Rough as anything today. The face plague has gotten even more disgusting, if that was even possible. I still feel really sick and wibbly and keep going super hot and cold. I was in bed for over 13 hours!!! Still got horrific headaches as well.
I really, probably shouldn't go to work today. Apart from me feeling utterly balls, I probably shouldn't go in and infect people. But we are terribly short staffed and I'm on lates this week. Meh :(

Anyway, that's about it really. Will add on food now :) xx

Thursday food.

Lunch - open sandwiches
Free Quorn sausages
Egg mayo (0.5)
Cheese (half HexA1)
Salad - butterhead and mixed leaves, red & yellow peppers, and plum cherry tomatoes
Aldi Cheese Curls (3)

At work:
Bear pineapple Yoyo (2.5)

Tea:
2 Quorn fillets
Onions, mushrooms, yellow & green peppers, and spinach
Low fat Supernoodles
1 slice of wholemeal bread (half HexB2)
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Small bits of bbq sauce and extra light mayo (1)

Snack:
Shape 0%
1 Alpen Light (rest of HexB2)
Snacksize Ripple (4.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 11.5
Syns saved: 11

Exercise:
5hrs at work.

Last edited:
I told my boss how ill I was, but I didn't get sent home. Was told to just not do too much ..... THEN because of a massive balls up I had to work until 9pm!

So tired and hungry. Literally shoveled food in to my mouth when I got home lol. Luckily mostly free/superfree ;)

Still feel really ill. Having some pretty bad hot flushes and shivering attacks. And all the rest too. Hrmph! Oh well, been told not to come in till 5 tomorrow to make up for today.x

Back