Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hope you've managed to get some sleep last night and you have a good shift at work today x x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I did get some sleep. A really disturbed night tho!
The pain in my head was immense last night - top of my head and my face. And my ears were SO loud!! I'm even taking extra pain killers as well, which I never do. I knew it would mess me up and effect my ME, but this is awful. And it's dragging on a fair bit too.
I'm going to check the rota when I go in tomorrow and see if there's any chance at all I can have tomorrow off as stand-down as well. I'm so exhausted and painful. Nearly knocked myself out on a kennel yesterday. I was kneeling down cleaning one of the bottom ones and when I tried to get up my legs wobbled and gave way. Very narrowly missed smacking my head!! Luckily we didn't have many inpatients left in and the phone was unusually quiet. Which meant I could get as much done as possible for when the overnighter came in. She's rather heavily pregnant and we've had no cleaner so far this week because one of them has been kicked by one of her horses!! Bloody nightmare in there at the moment! Looking forward to my holiday ;)

Today I've just made lunch and sorted out the bunnies. Need to wipe down the kitchen tops and do a quick hoover before work tho *yawn* xx

Wednesday food.

Lunch:
Big jacket spudato
Cottage cheese
Cheese (Half HexA1)
Quorn roasted chicken
Salad - butterhead mixed leaf salad, red & yellow peppers, tomato, and beetroot

Break at work:
Activia 0%
Benefit Light (half HexB1)

Tea:
Leftover Katsu stir fry from yesterday (4.5)
Uncle Ben's Peshwari rice - very excited about this!! (3.5)

Snack:
3 Weetabix (rest of HexB1 + HexB2), banana, maple syrup (1), and 130ml Oatly milk (rest of HexA1)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 9
Syns saved: 10

Exercise:
Hoovering and a quick kitchen clean
Cleaning the bunnies
3hrs at work

Last edited:
Sorry you're still feeling awful, hopefully they'll be able to give you that as a stand down so you can rest up.
Almost identical lunches, I had cottage cheese jacket with tomatoes and mixed pickles
X x

Jacket potatoes for all :D

I checked the rota at work and made sure there would be enough people in tomorrow and then asked my boss for the day off. Said to use it as holiday or lieu or anything, I don't care lol. Told her I was starting to struggle. If anyone missed my FB post before when I was on the way to work I couldn't work out why my indicators weren't working. I was using the buttons on my radio. WTF?!! So yeah, really needed the time off or I was going to do something really stupid or end up phoning in sick.

Watching Bake Off tonight was difficult. I've had Princess Cake (of course ;)) and it just left me with a huge craving for cake. So, I made a Bake Off inspired indulgent SW snack. I had a 3-tier Weetabix, banana, and maple syrup tower with warmed Oatly :D Totally over the top!! But I had Hex's to use ;) It worked anyway, so that's alright!

Oh and the Peshwari rice was gorgeous! Definitely worth the syns and will definitely get it again. Uncle Ben's is on offer for £1 a pouch in Sainsbury's atm. The Sainsbury's near my work has a HUGE selection of flavours for Uncle Ben's and Tilda. So handy when they're on offer.

Just watched another ep of Orphan Black. Omg that is a good show!! Off to bed now though as I am knackered. Hopefully going the pics tomorrow with Mum. Will see how we both feel and decided if we're ok for a double bill. Hoping to see Before I Go To Sleep followed by The Guest. Two thrillers in a row! I'd better take some snacks LOL!

See you all tomorrow.
Thanks for the lovely messages, as always.xx

Had a really good afternoon with Mum. We saw Before I Go To Sleep first - a great thriller, pretty tense, and a great storyline. We had a quick walk round for some fresh air and to stretch our legs and then saw The Guest. OMG a fantastic film!! Dan Stevens was superb. I'd imagine this film is going to break a lot of Downton fans hearts ;) It was fantastic tho! Really gripping, great action, and all twisty turny. Can't recommend that enough!
So two great films - both thrillers, so I'm a bit tense lol. I avoided all cinema naughties and we didn't get to go the shops beforehand so I took a Nakd bar with me, which I didn't eat. We even walked to McDonald's so Mum could get an ice cream and I was going to get a fruit bag (lame ;)) but the queue was massive and we thought "f*ck it" lol

Quick stop at Asda on the way home. Still ended up with an on-plan tea and snack :) Had a lot of inner battles over food and temptations today. But I won!!

A planned off-plan day tomorrow. We're going to Cheshire Oaks for the day. Picking Rachelle up from work just after 11 and then heading over. Never driven there before so I'm "eeep"ing a bit. I'm quite a confident driver, but somewhere new freaks me out *blush* Plus Rachelle will be with us so an extra person adds extra stress lol!
Bought a nice tub of granola and some synful Yeo Valley yogurt for breakfast and we'll be having lunch somewhere at Cheshire Oaks - possibly Las Iguanas or Pizza Express.
Haven't had a day or even a meal off plan for a while so excited about this :D
Also have a sort of, but not really, off plan tea planned too. Bought a wholemeal sub roll from Asda and I'm going to have Southern Fried Quorn bites on it with cheese and stuff. And probably chips with it ;)

Anyway, had better head to bead seen as I'm up early. Although not as early as the early shift I was supposed to be doing at work, so bonus ;)
Night all.xx

Last edited:
Thursday food

Lunch:
2 veggie burgers (2)
Ghekins, onions, spinach, and yellow peppers
Seasoned potato chunks
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
Cheese (HexA1)
Extra light mayo, mustard, and bbq sauce (1.5)

Tea:
Quorn pieces cooked with garlic, mushrooms, and spinach
Tomato Pasta N Sauce
Veg bag - carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli
Cheese (Half HexA1)
Garlic dressing (1)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
Snack size Ripple (4.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Coke Zero. Squash. Options made with Oatly and water (2 + rest of HexA2)

Syns used: 11
Syns saved:14

Exercise:
Nothing but a quick 10min walk between films and walking around Asda.

So glad you got your well-deserved day off. Lol at trying to work wipers by using radio buttons but yes, it sounds as though you badly needed the break.

You seem to have sorted out the cinema snacks. It makes you realise how much is habit - like Peter wanting to have sweets in the car on long journeys. I very rarely have any as it's easier not to start than it is to stop.

Your day today sounds really good. Hope you enjoyed it, despite the driving.

Hey guys!

Patty I was trying to work my indicators with my radio. BUT I often try and signal/flash my lights with my windscreen wipers LOL!!! I promise I am not always so ditzy lol! Very rarely actually, but when I am it is super special to witness ;)

You're right about the habit!! And it is habit to eat at the cinema. I mean, really, could I not make it thru a 2 hour film without eating something?!! Drinking, no, but eating definitely. Sometimes it's nice to have something to munch on, but it's not necessary!
Funny you should mention the driving sweets. I developed a bit of a habit, thanks to Tim, of having Skittles in the car on a long drive. I've had a pouch for ages in my treat box and put them in my bag for the drive. Completely forgot about them!! Found them when we were half way round Cheshire Oaks lol!! So I took them with me to my friends tonight to share with everyone to stop me eating them all!!

Have had a couple of nice days. Got some excellent bargains at Cheshire Oaks yesterday. I did the best I think! All's Mum bought was a Xmas prezzie for me :eek: It's a small black bag with a little silver fox on from Nica :)
I got a blue and white striped top from Joules.
A purple, pull on, baggy shirt from Fat Face
A patterned, white, 3/4 length tee top from Fat Face - both Fat Face things had an extra 20% knocked off them as well :)
And a pair of walking/hiking boots from Jack Wolfskin - I have wanted Jack Wolfskin boots for at least 10 years! They were £50, instead of £70+. They're worth it though. Outdoor gear is so worth spending money on. A few bits and pieces I bought for Sweden were Jack Wolfskin too. So building a little collection
We actually went back to Joules as a last stop to see if a top I'd liked had been reduced. It hadn't, but the guy offered to knock it down by 50% seen as we'd come back. So, hell yeah!! It's blue, with a scoop neck and little seagulls on :D

And the extra good news - last time I went to Cheshire Oaks I would have been a teenager. And could only get clothes in mens size large or extra large. Yesterday I could have walked in to any shop and known I could buy something. I'd forgotten how amazing that feels!! I've not revisited somewhere like that for a while that has quite nasty memories. But, amazing!!
And my Joules tops are both size 12's. And the Fat Face ones are quite baggy size 14's. Awesome :D
The boots are a 6.5, but shoe size doesn't really matter. Although I have dropped around a shoe size. Sometimes a shoe size and a half!! I used to buy men's size 7 or 8 trainers when I was in school!!

The drive wasn't too stressful either :)

Today was a lie-in day and I spent most of the afternoon sitting with Mum. Did do a proper clean and a big feed for the bunnies. And de-poo'd half the garden.
I picked Martin up and we went to Michelle's for a bit, via Tesco. We ordered in Indian food - which was rubbish and SO disappointing! Won't be going there again. Watched some Bill Bailey and played some Cards Against Humanity. One of Michelle's work friends and her boyfriend came, who were really nice. So, a good night! Shattered now, but sitting with the dogs for a bit.

Oh and it is Dave's birthday today. 8 years old :D
Yappy, little, handsome, b*stard ;)
P1030664.jpg

Ps. Because I didn't really mention food lol!

Friday food -

Breakfast - single portion tub of granola with dried fruit and Yeo Valley greek style honey yogurt. Yeah, ok, synful, but I kinda love how granola/muesli is my go to "unhealthy" breakfast. It did make me chuckle! No pancakes or waffles or greasy food or pastries. Bloody granola and fruit LOL!!

Lunch at Las Iguanas - I didn't have a starter, even though Mum and Rachelle did. I ordered the Gringas: Grilled tortilla upon tortilla stuffed with refried black beans & melty cheese with salad. Topped with pink pickled onions, soured cream & coconut butternut squash. And a side of sweet potato fries

Coffee stop at Starbucks - Soy milk caramel macchiatto and a slice of carrot cake *blush* Well, it was a girly day out ;)

Tea:
4 Southern Fried Quorn bites on half a wholemeal sub roll with cheese slices, coleslaw, and bbq sauce.
Portion of chunky Home Fries and some extra coleslaw and extra light mayo.
Coleslaw and cheese slices weren't "light" as Sainsbury's didn't have any!!!!

And in the evening me and Mum shared some Caramel Nibbles and Twirl bites. And then I felt sick :p

Today's lunch was fake coco pops with oatly. Quite a small portion for me ;) Pineapple and some more of the honey yogurt.
And I had 2 chunky cookies with coffee.

This evening I had a veggie byriani and a peshwari naan. And some skittles.
I wasn't drinking, because I was driving and didn't feel like it anyway, but wanted something nice to eat. So I got some Innocent juice - apple and elderflower. Bought a bottle of Tropical Juice too, because it was on offer, but it doesn't run out till mid October so I don't feel like I need to "binge" drink it tomorrow to get rid of it. If you know what I mean??

Anyway, wanted to be honest about my eating on 2 days off plan. I do think it could have been a million times worse tho. So go me :) Back to it tomorrow.xx

Your off plan days sound like a normal healthy diet really, not a weight loss one but a balanced one :) you had some treats but nothing crazy! Doesnt deserve a gain anyway so fingers crossed for you as I know your metabolism sucks ballz :p
Xmas pressies already jeeze!! I'm going to get all mine in India super cheap methinks hehehe
X

Hey matey!
I think I did pretty well considering I was off plan - thank you :)

I'm starting to think ahead to food while I'm on holiday. Why do we torture ourselves?!! Lol! But seen as we're self catering I shouldn't have big buffet meals to have to navigate!! I think for breakfasts/lunches I'll probably try to stick to stuff like fruit, yogurt, and cereal. From what I remember the food shops in this resort are excellent, so I shouldn't have trouble stocking up on essentials like that. Might buy something like a box of muesli or granola and just have small portions (now that I know what a healthy portion size is for that lol!) and try and get hold of fat free yogurt and fruit.
Could also look for porridge sachets and stuff too. We have a full kitchen in the apartment, so really should be fine.

We will obviously be eating out too and I will bloody well enjoy that :p I will be on holiday after all!! But if I can possibly lessen the damage with some low calorie or SW meals in between then so be it. Really don't want to stress out too much about food. But I would like to be sensible at least on some days lol.

We buy Christmas stuff all year round. If we see something for someone we just get it. I've only got one present so far though, the main bit of Rachelle's! Got a few birthdays left this year too.

Sort of on plan today. It's the anniversary of my Dad's death today. 9 years!!! Me and Mum were going to go do something nice today, but she's really not well. So just had a day at home.

My lunch was free Quorn sausages, 1/4 tin of beans, cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms, and wholemeal toast.
Mum's making mash, veg, stuffing, and something Quorn, with gravy for tea. Might have some chocolate later too - got an un-opened box of Hotel Chocolat ;)

I def think that if you aim for a healthy breaky it'll massively help overall... Good thing breakfast buffet wont be there to haunt you- they are awful!
Pack a few porridge pouches (or just oats?!) in your suitcase- done! I bring them every time I fly somewhere hehe, so useful when you need a quick meal (though I get the pots so I can make it with just kettle in standard hotel rooms!)
Mmm want porridge now :D

I'd normally say "dont worry about it too much, gain will be off in no time!" but with your difficulties losing weight I dont want to give you false confidence LOL ;) be good, just not too good :D

X

I should be able to get stuff like that fairly easily and cheaply from the shops there. There are LOADS! Have even found a wholefoods shop as well ;)

Yup, need to avoid the good old holiday tradition of "breakfast cake" LOL!! Buffets are a nightmare on they? Far too much temptation! But I will try and not go crazy on every single meal! Plus, haven't got an awful lot of spending money, so hopefully that will help ;)

Anyway, I still have 3 weeks to go. 3 weeks tomorrow :D Going to get weighed in the morning too because I'm on an early. Eeeep! Also on earlies Tues & Wed as well as the weekend, so plenty of WI opportunities. Be handy to get one tomorrow and one at the weekend tho :)

Oh I know, My crazy body and it's weird metabolism! Doesn't like to play by the rules! Stupid body.xx

Well done on the nice size 12 clothes, it's so nice being able to go anywhere like you said and not have to shop in shops for larger sizes. I've just ordered new uniform at work and have ordered size 12 in everything :D
Sounds as though you've had a cracking weekend and will deserved as well, the food sounds amazing.
Happy birthday Dave, he's roughly the same age as Sam, we don't have a definite age for him but we've had him 4 years and they said he was between 2 and 5 when we got him and I'd say the older end.
I think of you have a healthy breakfast and a reasonable lunch you can afford to go out at night and have a nice meal. And there are a lot of nice food or there that isn't too bad for you, it's a holiday, enjoy x x x

Bloody 76.3kg!! A gain of 2kg/almost 4.5lbs. ARGH!!! Just *sigh* :( Will re-weigh at the weekend and see what's going on.

Hey Barbette :)
I did have a nice-ish weekend. Sunday was pretty sad, but I guess it always will be. Shame we couldn't go out and do something, but Mum was pretty ill. Would have been nice to take our mind of things a bit tho.

I'm hoping I can be at least a little sensible on holiday. I don't know how likely that is, but we'll see lol. it's not often I have 3 meals a day, so probably wont on holiday. But it's the naughty extra's like dessert, the odd drink, ice cream, etc... Ah well, will just see what happens :) xx

Bummer about the gain, but I suggest you concentrate more on size. I mean - a whole load of size 12s and a smaller shoe size as well! That proves that something good is happening so I don't think, given the weird and wonderful way in which your body works, that it's worth getting worried about numbers on a scale.

Anniversaries are difficult so yes, a real shame you couldn't get out to ease things a bit. It sounds as though you've had a couple of epic days - great after all the work stress of last week.

It's useful to think about what you'll do on holiday regarding food. I find visualizing scenarios and saying 'no' to things helps, but you are on holiday, so I wouldn't certainly enjoy a few 'naughties'. I think it's better to 'budget' for some rather than to try to do without and then binge on them because you're feeling resentful.

Happy belated birthday to Dave!

Back