Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Patty I know what you mean about the scales and I am trying to look at it logically and not get annoyed. But I really am annoyed!! I know I have every right to have a gain after this weekend, but that much?!
I just want to be in my healthy bmi range and I feel like I'm talking 2 steps forward and about 12 back. It's so frustrating!
I know I've done well recently and I am feeling a little happier about how I look and fitting in to nice clothes. But those bloody numbers really do matter *sigh* I can't ignore them :(

Aye you're right about trying to balance holiday stuff. I'm so hit and miss with naughty food. I can be really stubborn and have will power coming out of my ears or eat everything in sight with barely any push lol. xx

Monday food - quite an interesting food day :D

Morning break at work: Banana

Lunch:
2 free Linda M Sausages
Cheesy Smash (half HexA1)
Spaghetti hoops
Veg bag - carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower
A bit of bbq sauce (0.5)

Tea:
2 Quorn southern fried bites (4) on part of a wholemeal sub roll (HexB1 sort of ;))
Cheese (HexA2)
Low Fat Supernoodles
Salad - mixed leaf, extra spinach, orange plum & piccolo tomatoes, fried red onion, red & yellow peppers, and mushrooms
Small bits of extra light mayo, bbq sauce, and mustard (1.5)

Snack:
Pineapple and red grapes with a honey Liberte (1.5)
Chewy Delight (HexB2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Coke. Options made with Oatly and water (2 + rest of HexA1)

Syns used: 9.5
Syns saved: 5.5

Exercise:
4hrs at work
Walking round the shops - about an hour

Damn gain! Undeserved! Hopefully some shifts quick before the weekend... I do find a cheeky extra WI often relieves me after a gain.

Buffets are just awful! There is no such thing as not overeating at a bufet :p I was really strict with the breakfast buffet in Florida- fresh pancakes and waffles would have killed me! But G stuffed himself daily and it always ruined his morning being so full lol! Fail.
In Asia I definitely got into the mode of "an icecream a day" which must really add up- like 250cal extra a day x 7 = nearly 2k extra cal a week alone, that's over a pound of gain each fortnight just from.ice cream (let alone all the bloody spaghetti carbinara I ate in Bali lol!)- no wonder I put on so much! It loses treat value like that too :S silly me, have learnt my lesson for India (though sounds like the unavoidable Delhi Beli will balance things out a bit... Yaaay :/ LOL)

At the same time though it is called a holiday for a reason- no time to be depriving :) you've had such a crummy year, time to treat yourself! (just not to a too regretful degree ;) )

Feel your pain about the raspberries :( just chucked a mouldy punnet of peaches that necer got soft and the nectarines we got seem to be crap too :(

Just a quick food update. Will reply properly tomorrow.

Been a bit of a hectic day involving getting Dave an emergency appointment at work :( Think he probably has a tummy bug. Had an anti-sickness and antibiotic shots and got a course of AB's. Have to keep a close eye on him :(

Food.....

Break at work: Banana

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Spaghetti hoops
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms and red pepper (half HexA1)
Wilted spinach
Orange plum & piccolo tomatoes
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Quorn fillets cooked in garlic, red chilli, red onion, and mushrooms
Tomato Pasta N Sauce
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Veg bag - broccoli, carrots, and sweetcorn
Sweetfire beetroot

Snacks:
Liberte blueberry yogurt (1)
2 Benefit Lights (HexB2)
Drifter Biscuit (5)

Drinks:
Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero. Options made with 250ml Oatly (most of HexA2 + 2)

Syns used: 9
Syns saved: 11.5

Exercise:
4hrs at work
De-poo'ing the garden
Big clean on the bunnies

Poor Dave, I hope he's ok. It's awful when animals are sick they can't tell you exactly what's wrong and you can't explain to them it's going to be OK.
Hope you get some sleep x x x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Poor Dave, I hope he's ok. It's awful when animals are sick they can't tell you exactly what's wrong and you can't explain to them it's going to be OK.
Hope you get some sleep x x x

The good thing about Dave is he's a delicate drama queen, so he let's you know pretty damn quick that there's something wrong, if you know what you're looking for.
Ellie, on the other hand, could lose a leg and be carrying it round before you'd know anything. She is beyond stoical!!
I hope he's OK too and I can't help feeling guilty that I may have brought some nasty germs back home with me :(
But we have been reassured by the vet that we seem to have caught it early, before any nasty symptoms have appeared and hopefully the meds and a nice, bland diet will see him thru.

Poor little man tho, he looks so sad!!

I hope I get some sleep too. These early shifts are killing me!! Last one tomorrow, until the weekend. Can't wait for a good ol' lie in on Thurs!! Xx

Oh guys, I've been so very very naughty today. It started with a Macmillan Coffee Morning at work, which dissolved my will power entirely! You can't say no to cake for cancer now can you?!! But the rest of the day for worse and worse and I have been a bit silly and, well, yeah....

See y'all tomorrow :) xx

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm going to come clean about yesterday.

I bought two things from the coffee morning to bring home for me - a peanut butter blondie and a slice of orange and lemon cake. I also brought something home for Mum and Rachelle :)

I met Michelle for lunch, planning to get healthy picnic things from Tesco. But none of the things I'd planned for they had - no veggie sushi or veggie friendly salads :eek: And I really didn't want a sandwich! So I ended up with a pasta salad - tomato with sundried tomatoes and feta. Not too bad! It was in the meal deal and I picked the healthier of the grand total of two veggie friendly pasta salads! But there was no fruit left as part of the meal deal, so I got some Tyrells vegetable crisps, which were lovely actually! But, still crisps! And a bag of peanut M&M's....

It gets worse...

Then a trip to Costa and we both caved in to their new cakes/treats - I got a caramel crispy thing!! And I got my soy caramella.

Then for tea I picked Mum up and we went to Aldi and we bought pizza and chunky chips for tea. And I got a small bottle of cider.

Big *SIGH*

Really not entirely sure what happened yesterday as I felt like I was in a good frame of mind and had actually stopped sulking about the gain. So yeah, wanted to be honest and get that out. I really feel like yesterday was a horrible binge day! Can't say I didn't enjoy it tho *blush* even though I felt a bit sick by the time I went to bed...

Ah well, back to it today. Having an awful day ME wise. I'm very painful and my head feels like it's going to explode out of my ears. They're so bloody noisey and sore as well!! Really dizzy and keep feeling like the floor is falling from under me - which is fun...

Day at home today. Can't face the thought of driving or even really moving. Might go and get a nice hot shower in a bit and see if that helps. The heat sometimes helps my muscles :)

Nice fruit filled lunch and I've got a tub of ratatouille out of the freezer to have with meatballs and pasta for tea. Might do a super low syn day to try and help out yesterdays indulgences and not save any syns for the day. Every little helps and all that :) xx

Thursday food: Starting again!

Lunch
Weetabix (HexB1) topped with banana, blueberries, and maple syrup (1) Oatly (half HexA1)
Small bowl of red grapes, blackberries, and raspberries
Activia 0%

Tea:
Quorn meatballs with homemade ratatouille - with some mushrooms and spinach added in
Tagliatelle
Salad & sweetfire beetroot
Cheese (rest of HexA1)

Snack:
Small bowl of red grapes, raspberries, and blackberries
A honey Liberte (1.5)
2 Benefit Lights (HexB2)
1 Hotel Chocolat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Lemonade. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 5.5 :)

Last edited:
Urgh what an awful night!!! Anxiety filled and again with weird, mixed up dreams. I keep dreaming of waking up and it being all different times and being late for work and stuff. It's bizarre!! Not like getting up for work is a new situation :s Feel exhausted!! And my anxiety, unsurprisingly, is pretty bad today. Feel a bit less painful today, but a bit out of it and shaky and jumpy.

Managed to spend an hour outside before though. I did a big clean on the bunnies and set them up for the weekend with plenty of things to eat. I de-poo'd the garden, desperately trying to keep on top of it. And then played fetch with Dave for a bit.
Then had a nice shower.

Bloody sick of doing dishes, trying to keep the kitchen clean, and tidying up after people. Yes, Rachelle and John have been staying with us this week. I was finishing dishes and cleaning the kitchen at 2am the other night. Oh and sorting out washing and stuff. It's so tiring!
I don't mind when it's just me and Mum because I can't afford to give her much money for "rent" so I want to help out and make sure she doesn't have to do much. But when there's 4 of us here it's a nightmare.
Never mind the issues with the dogs and John - he's never had a dog and it's an endless struggle because he just doesn't "get" behaviour. He flipped last night when Ellie spilled his tea everywhere. I had to point out again that that's why we don't leave things on the coffee table she can knock over or eat or drink and the fact that she's old and blind and does not understand that there's something on the bloody table!!

Actually, considering what I just wrote I'm not surprised my anxiety is bad. *grumble grumble* Not at all prepared for this weekend at work :(

Friday food.

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
3 egg omelette filled with red onion, mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, plum cherry tomatoes, spinach, and a LOT of cheese (HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
1 Quorn frozen quarter pounders (1 each I think?) I was having two, but they're mahoosive!!
Cheesy Smash (half HexA2)
BBQ interesting beans - red onion, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, green beans, & cherry tomatoes.
BBQ sauce (0.5)
Salad & garlic dressing (0.5)

Snacks:
Blueberry Liberte (1) with some actual blueberries
2 Benefit Lights (HexB2)
1 Hotel Chocolat Choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Lemonade.

Syns used: 7
Syns saved: 8

Exercise:
Cleaning the bunnies, de-poo'ing the garden, playing fetch with Dave, putting out washing, etc...

Last edited:
Saturday food - doing 8-6:30 at work. Yay.....

Breakfast:
Alpen Light (half HexB1)

Morning break:
Fruit tub - red grapes, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
Activia 0%
Benefit Light (rest of HexB1)

Lunch:
A GIANT jacket potato
Leftover bbq bean casserole
Quorn quarter pounder (1)
Salad with cherry tomatoes & sweetfire beetroot
Cheese (Half HexA1)
Rest of the fruit tub

Afternoon break:
Dinosaur biscuits (5)
Tangerine

Tea:
2 Quorn southern fried burgers (5) topped with chilli gherkins & cheese (HexA2)
Low fat Supernoodles
Veg bag - broccoli, carrots, and sweetcorn
Spicy beetroot
Extra Light mayo & bbq sauce (1)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB2)
1 Hotel Choclat choc (3)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero. Options made with Oatly and water (rest of HexA1 + 2)

Syns used: 17
Syns saved: 6

Exercise:
Just work and then death

Last edited:
It's surprising how many people have little sense when it comes to things like not putting cups on tables when you have animals and young children around . And like you say get annoyed when it gets knocked over our eaten. Poor Ellie can't help it anymore than Sam can when his tail goes into overdrive.
Had to chuckle when I saw your exercise for Saturday :D I'm hoping it's only going to be work though. Try not to do too much of that's possible, especially since you're not too good x x x

It's surprising how many people have little sense when it comes to things like not putting cups on tables when you have animals and young children around . And like you say get annoyed when it gets knocked over our eaten. Poor Ellie can't help it anymore than Sam can when his tail goes into overdrive.
Had to chuckle when I saw your exercise for Saturday :D I'm hoping it's only going to be work though. Try not to do too much of that's possible, especially since you're not too good x x x

He's never had a dog before, just a cat. So it is understandable. But it's very hard to get across that they're not human and you have to make decisions for them and do a lot of thinking and observation. Having animals in the house is second nature to us and you just don't think about the billions of things you learn along the way.
It'll be very stressful for Rachelle when they get their dog. He's very stubborn and doesn't listen and always thinks he's right. Oh, what the hell, he's just a bloke really ;)

Ellie is a giant clumsy beast and just bashes thru everything. Everything and everyone is in her way and she WILL go thru you. No manners ;) Dave is a bit more delicate and has manners lol

Hahaha I hope death isn't actually involved tomorrow. It may feel like it tho!!

I at least have some very nice weekend food planned to get me thru :) xx

Today in work was one of the busiest days I think we've had for quite a while - which is quite an achievement for us. Average waiting time for a consultation was between 2 - 2.5hrs :| That's insane!! We had some quite complicated surgeries too, but a lot of the inpatients are nasty medical cases. I kinda put myself in charge of isolation and had 5 patients in there - all with suspected parvo. Exploding dogs everywhere!! And it was hotter than the sun as well. If I haven't lost a stone through sweat I will be surprised. .... Nice mental image for you there ;)

I did get weighed this morning and have lost almost a kg - back to 75.6 kg. Still 1kg up tho :( But, at least going in the right direction. Two weeks to go!!

Off to bed to hopefully get some sleep!!

Work sounds hectic, poor doggies, I hope they weren't exploding too much.

I've just had a JD off scrubs moment imaging you losing a stone sweating lol.

I hope it's not made you worst than you were. I hope you can get some sleep tonight x x x x

Sunday food: Long day in work again.

Breakfast:
Banana

Morning break:
Fruit tub - red grapes, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries
Activia 0%
Alpen Light (half HexB1)

Lunch:
Portion of free veggie and Quorn chilli
Uncle Ben's Mexican & Lime rice (2.5)
Salad with sweetfire beetroot
Rest of the fruit tub.

Afternoon break:
Benefit Light (rest of HexB1)
Tangerine

Tea:

Snack: