Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Hey Barbette!
Oh I had many an exploding dog to deal with today. When it's like that it's just an endless loop and it can take you hours to have everyone clean and settled enough to be able to leave isolation. Sad times in there at the moment. One's looking very hopeful - even got him eating. But the others :( Would be very surprised if they are all still there in the morning unfortunately.

The heat in there today has been insane. Especially isolation and cattery. Just unbearable!

It has very much made me worse than I was. But it is to be expected. I really do hope I sleep tonight because the last few nights have been ridiculous!! Ah well, we shall see.
Have had a nice hot chocolate in the hope it helps a little :) xx

Forgot to tell y'all a NSV!
We had a receptionist from the other Liverpool hospital working with us today. I opened the door for her and the first thing she said was "Bloody hell! You've lost a lot of weight" *blush*
Can't actually remember when I last saw her, but probably not long after I went back in Jan. And this woman is blunt and seriously speaks her mind, so I believe her lol!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Great NSV :D
Work sounds harsh! Hang in there chick...
How is Dave doing?? X

Hey guys!
I wont go in to details, but work was equally as crap today. Not as insanely busy, but the incredibly depressing theme of puppies and death continued. Says it all really :(

I'm kinda not counting syns tonight. I didn't have my dinosaur biscuits in work and have syns left. But I've had some whisky, quite a lot of gravy with my tea, and I'm going to have some chocolates/biscuits. Better than the massive takeaway and bottle of wine I really wanted tho!! xx

ps. Dave is much better. Still a little sad, but better than he was. And finished his antibiotic course today :)

Sorry to hear work was so sucky :( you deserve some comfort treats after that... Dying puppies would totally call for a take away in my eyes!!
*hug*
Glad Dave is doing better :) x

I wish I could explain the things that actually happened this weekend. But I can't. And I wouldn't to a non-veterinary person because it's just too ****!! I tell my Mum some stuff and she lets me offload. But I don't tell her half of it.
It's so emotionally draining, it really is. And it's so hard to not let it get to you or at least try and pretend it's not getting to you. After a particularly bad moment one of the vets, the one I've actually made a complaint about, was very concerned and repeatedly asked if I was ok because I'd drained of colour and I didn't look right. I nipped to the loo not long after and he was right. I was white as a sheet!!

So very physically and mentally exhausted :(

I guess you just have to put it behind you and move on. I know I worked damn hard this weekend, as always ;), but especially so with having my own patients. Just wish they hadn't of all been intensive care cases!! The odds are against you a bit.

Anyway, much chocolate and biscuits have been had and I feel sick and really stupid for doing it. So I'd better go to bed to stop me eating any more crap and try and get some sleep.

Woohoo for lie-in tomorrow :)
Night everyone.xx

Because I dislike all-out doom and gloom. I did have the pleasure of looking after a little creature called Ronnie who looked an awful lot like this
Ronnialike.jpg

I'm not normally a shih tzu fan, but he was a cute little gremlin and hopefully a success! He came in collapsed and pretty much unconscious yesterday :( By the time we left today we had gotten him eating by himself (I spent yesterday syringe feeding him puppy milk every hour!) and he was happily plodding around his kennel and making puppy noises. He was a bit messy from being so hairy and trying to eat mushy food so I gave him a "bed bath" and we made lots of daft noises and had some fun :D

I did also get an isolation puppy with possible Parvo eating and drinking and sent home to his family.

S'not all bad :)

Monday food.

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Beans with cherry plum tomatoes
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms & red pepper (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

At the cinema:
Tub of strawberries, red grapes, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries with 1/3 tub of Onken fat free Raspberry & honey yogurt (2)

Tea:
Home made curry - red onion, Quorn pieces, peppers, mushrooms, new potatoes, tomatoes, and chickpea dahl.
Aldi Pilau rice pouch (1)
Salad with a teeny bit of sweet chilli sauce (0.5)
Cottage cheese

Snack:
2 benefit Lights (HexB2)
Aldi Spirals - like a small Beuno (6)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 10.5
Syns saved: 4.5

Exercise:
Hoovering
Putting washing in and and out lol
Big clean on the bunnies

Last edited:
Did some super body magic today. I did my version of gardening - chopping sh*t down ;) My friend Michelle is coming to look after the animals while I'm on holiday and she is severely spider phobic and a lot of the plants around paths and the rabbit run and stuff were getting really overgrown and I know she wont appreciate having to brush past plants and branches and possible creepy crawlies lol.
So I cleared the rose bush and other big plants and branches away from the garage door, the path that leads to the garage, and also around the rabbit run.
The rabbit run also had a big patch of evil prickles and nettles near it, so they've gone. And the paths that lead to the bins/garden gate was overgrown on both sides, so I've cleared that too.
I filled a whole garden wheelie bin!! And I might not be able to use my arms for the next few days lol.
Also de-poo'd the garden, put washing in and out, did a quick clean in the bunny runs, and done some dishes.

Tired now!!!! ;)

Tuesday food - an EE day for tuna.

Lunch:
Tuna mixed with red onion, red & yellow peppers, sweetcorn, and extra light mayo (1)
Pasta
Cheese (half HexA)
Big side salad - mixed leaves, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and a lot of beetroot :D
Bit of garlic dressing (1)

Tea:
2 Quorn Southern Bites & 4 nuggets (4)
Low Fat Supernoodles
Cheese (rest of HexA)
Veg bag - broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn with extra sweetcorn ;)
A few tinned potatoes
Extra Light Mayo and bbq sauce (1)

Snacks:
2 Benefit Lights (HexB )
Bowl of red grapes, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries with 1tsp Sweet Freedom (1) and 1/3 pot of Onken Raspberry & Honey fat free yogurt (2)
A tangerine

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Lemonade. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 10
syns saved: 9.5

Exercise:
Gardening/house work - over an hour and a half :)

Last edited:
Looks like your day off has turned into a busy day, sounds like you've got a lot done hope you're not too bad tomorrow.
You can bring any unwanted spiders here I'll keep them, have several semi -pet ones in the house and I won't let anyone move them or kill them some of them are huge :D

Will done on the NSV, it's nice when people notice as we don't always notice ourselves.

Glad Dave is on the mend. I hope you're having a relaxing evening x x x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Doesn't it always?!! I've been putting off chopping stuff down for a while. But sick of getting stabbed in the head by the rose bush and smacked in the face by the giant plant by the bins! Plus, I would really like my bunnies to be fed while I'm on holiday. 10 days might be pushing it :p
I'm bloody knackered!! Not too painful yet, but we shall see what tomorrow brings. Payback is indeed a b*tch!

In all honesty I don't mind spiders that much. As long as they're not ON me or in my bedroom I'm generally good. Although I did have a giant one terrorize me in the living room the other week. The garage is a bit of a spider sanctuary - honestly, it looks like Arachnophobia in there at the moment. Michelle would FREAK if she saw all the webs and stuff, so I'll have to brush them away next week. You don't really see that many spiders in there, but there are a lot of webs. She is very, very spider phobic tho!
I never kill them either (Dave does tho!!) I'm a fan of the catch and evict!! Any upstairs go out of my bedroom window straight on to the giant tree in front of my window :) John is incredibly spider phobic too, but he kills them :(

I never know what to say when someone tells me I've lost weight. It's still uncomfortable! More so when you're not happy with your current weight I think? Rachelle said to me earlier that she thought I had lost more weight than I had - she thinks I look thinner than my lowest weight! But I'm still about 10lbs off I think. Odd!! But I'll take that lol

Aye me and Mum had a nice tv night. Resurrection, Driver, then Gordon Ramsey's new one. Tomorrow will be a tv night too.....BAKE OFF!!! Ahem.... xx

In a proper hungry/snacky mood. Damnit being a bloody EE day!!!

Have also developed a very sore throat and ears. Really hoping it's ME related and not another illness! I worked with 3 sick people at the weekend - one had a nasty chest infection! And Rachelle has got a horrible cold with an evil cough at the moment. Go away sick people :(

Last edited:
Wednesday food - another EE day

Lunch:
Tuna mixed with red onion, red & yellow peppers, sweetcorn, and extra light mayo (1)
Big jacket spud
Cheese (half HexA)
Big side salad - mixed leaves, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and a lot of beetroot :D
Bit of garlic dressing (1)

Tea:
Leftover curry from the other night
Stir fried broccoli in garlic & soy sauce
Pilau rice pouch (1)
Bit of cottage cheese

Snacks:
Graze coconut crumble and passionfruit & mango sauce (5)
2 Benefit Lights (HexB )
Bowl of red grapes, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries with 1tsp Sweet Freedom (1) and 1/3 pot of Onken Raspberry & Honey fat free yogurt (2)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Lemonade.

Syns used: 11
Syns saved: 13.5

Exercise:
Quick hoover
Quick bunny clean
And that's about it because I'm quite sick today. Think I've got whatever Rachelle has or the million people in work who are sick :( Feeling very sorry for myself!!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you're not well, get yourself wrapped up in a blanket, a hot drink and watch some TV. Take it easy and look after yourself x x x x x

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I feel awful Barbette!! Think I've picked up one of the millions of bugs or viruses that are going around work. Rachelle's sick too and Mum was off work last week as well.
Having an argument with myself over whether I should go to work or not. Feel so rough tho.
Full on flu type symptoms, but no coughing or sneezing! They're the only things missing so far tho. Feel terrible!!

Have had a nice tv evening with Mum and I'll be heading to bed soon. Will have to make a decision in the morning about work :( xx

Flu-y :( oh dear. Did you go to work? Hope things improve...
Great that you look lighter than your lowest ;) maybe being active at work again has tackled inches?
X

Hey dude!
I woke up around 7am going "Urgh" so decided not to go in. Text my boss straight away! I feel so guilty tho, we're so short staffed for people my grade. Someone is on holiday, someone else is actually sick too, one of them is doing the night shift, and there'll be standdown in there too. I think there'll be two of my grade in the building today, instead of being at least 4! And my boss, who usually helps us, is at a meeting today. Feel proper sh*tty for not going in, but I feel terrible. And I usually go in even when I shouldn't I suppose. Have only been off sick twice this year I think. Just bad timing!

I don't know why Rachelle thinks I look slimmer than I did. I mean I did put on a LOT of weight and I've lost some of it. But when I was at my lightest I was exercising a lot more. Dunno! I don't see it, but I guess we don't really see it in ourselves do we? I'll take that compliment tho lol! And the weird ones I get off John occasionally lol!

Today is going to be spent on the couch watching tv. Some news first, then Neighbours, then I might hit Netflix for the rest of Bates Motel. I hope they start getting second series of things I've been watching. Desperate for more Orphan Black!! And they keep adding American The Killing, but not the Dutch one. Gah!! ;)

Definitely having a lovely green day today!! I didn't struggle with EE yesterday but I don't think I was so snacky as Tuesday. Hoping a couple of EE's help shift a lb or two. I have noticed that I get a slightly better loss when I do a couple of EE days :) xx

Thursday food - a lovely green day :D

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
2 boiled eggs
Interesting beans - red onion, mushrooms, red pepper, and spinach, beans, garlic, oregano, and a bit of tomato puree
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea:
Home made ratatouille - tub from the freezer
Quorn meatballs
Wholemeal spaghetti
Cheese (HexA1)
Salad and beetroot
Garlic dressing (1)

Snacks:
Chewy Delight (HexB1)
Drifter biscuit (5)
1 Hotel Chocolat choc (3)
Bear Safari Paws (2.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Lemonade. Squash. Coke Zero.

Syns used: 12.5
Syns saved: 16

Exercise: Hahahahahaha......

Last edited:
Found an empty packet in my bedroom bin :| Luckily it's Bear fruit Safari Paws - basically dried fruit for kids and only 2.5 syns for the pack. Obv was a bit hungry at some point last night :rolleyes:

Off work again today. Feeling a bit better, but had an awful night for crazy, scary dreams so feel exhausted. And my head is all heavy and horrible!x

Ps. What's even worse is that I added the bear paws on last night, but STILL don't remember eating them. Hope they were nice ;)

Back