Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Sorry to hear you're not good and about your nan, I hope your nan has a speedy recovery and that you feel a little better for Christmas. I think Christmas can be hard when you don't feel well or things are not quite right, it has a way knocking things out of whack seeing everyone happy and having fun and all you want to do is curl up in a corner. I wouldn't worry about the food too much, I'm the same meals goods nibbles bad :( lol.
Sounds like Pinta has been having fun at your expense, Tia was like that she ate my 3 piece suite and I do mean ate it, she chewed all the cushions so it looked liked it had been snowing and then chewed all the arms down to the wood. She also ate the back seat belt in the old car, the door frames in the bungalow, several of my handbags, shoes and all my make-up. Good job I love her :D
I hope your week is looking up and that you enjoy yourself as much as you can x x x

Hey Barbette!
Sorry for the super slow reply.
Aye, the perfect Christmas images and expectations we're bombarded with can make things very difficult. Also my bloody job makes things difficult and sad this time of year too, just to add to the general gloom lol.
Although yesterday I actually started feeling a little lighter. Everyone at work was on a Christmas high and you could actually feel the love between people. Plus I got a card with a beautiful message in from a work friend and plenty of hugs. And, well, it did kinda help ;)
And today we had a lovely get together at Rachelle's house for a few friends. I went round a bit early to help with the food and I did some hot mulled wine and the whole evening was just lovely. we did go to the pub for a bit (different one though as the Christmas Eve tradition one has closed!!) And I have Michelle staying with us tonight as her housemates have gone to visit family and there's some horrible stuff going on with her family at the moment and we couldn't have her on her own :)
So she's staying the night and coming to Rachelle's for breakfast tomorrow. So far she is going to her parents for a few hours, but I will be on standby to go get her if she needs it. Coz I'm nice ;)

Dude!! Pinta is nowhere near as bad as Tia was. Holy hell how did you put up with all that?!! We're a good few days without incident now *touch wood* And Martin's been and fixed the lights, so that's good too. Saved me £25 ;)

Food, as I'm sure you can imagine, is all over the place. BUT I can feel my need to be healthy very quickly rising and I'm genuinly looking forward to being back on the wagon. This time next year I will not be covering up in a too big jumper and baggy jeans ;) I hate worrying about what I look like!! So, will be hitting SW good style. Most definitely :D

Anyway kids, I hope you're all having a lovely time and I will speak to y'all soon.
Muchos love and merry Christmas.xxx

Just popping in to say Merry Christmassss :) will be more active again on here in the new year now that I'm home again! Hope you've had a really awesome Christmas :)
:109:

Hey guys!
Thanks for the messages. And Happy New Year to you too :D

I think the work plague has finally caught up with me. Been sick for a couple of days now. I don't seem to have it as bad as some and I'm hoping my flu jab has something to do with it. Either that or I have a really sh*tty week ahead ;) I hope not because I'm working this weekend!
Everyone is sick though and lots of people have actually been off sick too,which is pretty unheard of for my work. Even my boss was off for a couple of days! So it's pretty bad. Crossing everything I don't get that sick anyway.

Last night was spent at home with Mum and the dogs, in my pj's, with a takeaway and a film. We went out to the front door at midnight, like we always do, and as the fireworks kicked off we saw one of our neighbours dogs race past. The kids had left a door open and she escaped. She was so terrified she just ran and ran. I couldn't not help. If one of mine did that and people just stood and watched I'd be furious. So threw my coat on over my pj's and chucked a pair of wellies on, grabbed a lead, and joined the search. Mum came with me too ;) I couldn't drive coz I'd had a few drinks, so we were on foot. Out for over an hour! Thought we'd found her at the start of the woods because we could hear barking (could have been a fox!) and it was replying to our shouting. I ran along calling her and it sounded like she followed. Then a few big fireworks went off and her barks got further away :( We had to give up and come home.
I gave them a list of places to phone. Obviously hardly anywhere would be open for the next day or so, which would actually be helpful. So gave them the numbers of hospitals I knew would be open and the emergency dog warden number.
Mum got a text just after 3am to say she had been found and handed in to the RSPCA. Huzzah!! So happy she was found. Very lucky too!

So yeah, started the new year off with a good deed and the longest walk I've done in a few weeks LOL!

I cannot wait to get back on the SW wagon. It wont be till Tuesday next week for various reasons. But yeah, I need some healthy foods! And I really, really do want to lose this weight. God knows how much I've gained over the last 2 weeks. A terrifying amount no doubt. But, I've lost before and I know I can do it again. Just have to put the effort in and get my healthy/SW head on again :)
My plan to get going will be to get back in to healthy eating, start walking again when I can - I must remember even 10mins is better than nothing on my bad days, you know? And stay ON plan until my birthday! I think having short goals and the odd day off to look forward to really helps me stay on track. So we'll see. Desperately want the thinner me back. Can't believe I didn't appreciate how I looked and felt at 11st!! Oh to be back there right now ;)

And I know I'll have you lovely ladies keeping me going.xx

Happy New Year! :)
Sorry you've been so poorly just what you need, not. I hope you're taking it easy and wrapping up warm.

There have been a few changes to SW, they don't have SS and S now just S and the lists have been updated sprouts are now a S food. They have introduced P symbol for protein which is good for veggies monitoring their protein intake. Some of the syns have changed, the worst ones are takeaway food and alcohol. They have got rid of SE days and introduced extra easy SP days where you eat only S and P foods, you get 2 HEB's and one HEA. The green and original plans have gone from the books and they don't have the syn values in there any more you can only get them online now. I'll send you a PM with more details. x x x

Hey Barbette!
Thanks for that. Wish they'd stop messing with it ;) I love my green days!! Sounds a bit complicated.

Oh I'm so not well! Last night was awful. I was still awake past 4am and when I did manage to get to sleep I woke up absolutely soaking in sweat. It was disgusting!! It was like pooled on my chest and between my shoulder blades. It honestly felt like someone had thrown a bucket of water on me! Had to change my pj's so I could go back to bed and had to get a very quick shower before work. Have felt rough all day and just generally bluerg. Plus I hurt my back this morning, so had to deal with that all day. And, of course, the first PTS of the day was a 50kg German Shepherd.....

Work probably would have been ok if I hadn't of been ill or ouchy. But it was just hard work trying even basic stuff! Hoping I can at least get a few more hours sleep tonight. Less than 4hrs is just not enough on top of being sick. *grump*

On the plus side, I faced the music on got on the scales. I am officially 82.5kg, which is bad I know, but considering I've been consuming on average a billion calories a day it is an absolute miracle to have gained 5.5lbs! Feel really good about that and I'm looking forward to re-starting SW and regaining a healthy life style even more now :) Feel really positive about getting back on plan and maybe, maybe, even getting to target this year. We shall see!!

Anyway, I'd better go try and sleep.
Nighty night all and I promise to catch up with everyone's diaries next week.
xx

Welcome back. There comes a time when we've had enough of the sweet/treat/rich foods we've been having and getting had to healthy food is a relief. It sounds as though you're getting to/have got to that point!

I'm sorry your Christmas has been so difficult as I'm sure it's made it extra hard to get back on plan. Babette's filled you in on a few changes but I think the Syn values for takeaways have changed because they've upped the serving size? There are a few threads about the changes you may want to look at but mostly you can just carry on as before. I actually went to a meeting last week and joined, so I'm more than happy to check Syn values if you want.

Good luck with your 'restart'!

Hello everyone!!

Re-start day :D And yes Patty, very much looking forward to getting some healthy food in to me!! I have eaten so terribly and I'm really ashamed of myself. Definitely my worst Christmas, food wise, since starting SW all those years ago lol.
I'm now up to 13st, which is devastating! So I have now tipped the balance back across the halfway line and I again have more to lose than I've lost. And I am annoyed with myself!! And we all know what happens when I'm annoyed - I turn in to a stubborn moose ;)
I really am gutted at my weight gain over the last year. I mean, gaining 2 stone is ridiculous and not acceptable to me. So, I'd better put it right hadn't I?! I'm going to need some tough love people. I know I will have bad days and blips and stuff, but instead of people telling me it's ok and these things happen, I need you all to kick me up the bum and tell me to stop messing around and remind me of just how unhappy gaining the weight back has made me.

I took Mum to Cheshire Oaks yesterday and I almost cried when I was trying stuff on, things I know should fit, and not even finding them just a bit too tight, be completely unwearable and not fitting in the slightest.
I bought a couple of cheap pairs of jeans in the Sainsbury's sale to get me thru this fat time - I've outgrown all my jeans!!! And I know I will spend the next few months at least in baggy t-shirts and shirts. Because nothing fits!

Right, you get the picture ;)

Thank you very much for the offer of help with SW messing things about. If anyone notices anything I've gotten wrong, please point it out for me. I am going to be stubborn and stick with green days, but I am going to do more EE days too to try and help speed things up. Give me a poke if I'm getting anything wrong.

Have updated my signature and taken away my nice stickies :( Will hopefully earn them back asap!!!x

Day 1 of an epic re-start!! Going to try and use a decent amount of syns and not save millions each week. And trying to exercise on the days I can :)

Green Day

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Beans with cherry tomatoes
Cheesy scrambled eggs with mushrooms and red peppers (half HexA1)
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Brown sauce (1)

At the cinema - nothing but a cup of coffee!!

Tea:
Quorn steak
Tomato Pasta N Sauce
Steamed broccoli, carrots, and mangetout
Cheese (rest of HexA1)
Extra light mayo (0.5)

Snack:
A few grapes
Activia 0%
1 Alpen Light and 1 Benefit Light (HexB2)
2 Celebrations (5)
1 advent calendar choccie (yeah I know! 1)

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Ginger ale.

Syns used: 7.5
Syns saved: 7.5

Exercise:
16mins/0.8mile walk with Dave
17mins/0.8mile walk with Pinta
Quick bunny clean

Last edited:
Well done on climbing back on the wagon, it looked like you had an amazing first day :D

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, if you look at everything you had to cope with last year it's no wonder you've had a gain. What is done is done and you can't change that, use the clothes not fitting as a motivation to get the weight off. When you stick to it and use your syns you do well. If I can help I any way or you want a question answering just yell x x x

Thanks Barbette!
I think I do need to be hard on myself tho. Because last year I wasn't, or the year before, and things have slipped. So I do need to tell myself off a bit and be more strict. I know I can do it if I'm annoyed with myself and get my stubborn moose head on lol. I think I genuinely need a to be tough and do it properly again.
I really am disgusted by my gain and I hate it. I thought I felt bad gaining 1 stone, well gaining two is a billion times worse. I am in a good head space with regards to Slimming World and also getting my health back on track.
I will no doubt need as much help as I can get. Thank you!!

Today my Teapigs Matcha kit finally arrived!! They have an offer on this month and I've been thinking of giving it a go for a while. It is a bit expensive, but I'm intrigued to see if it will help me. Particularly with the ME fatigue and brain fog. Worth a try anyway! It's also supposed to help with metabolism too, so you never know ;)

I really enjoyed yesterday and it was a really decent SW day on plan! I think it was nicely balanced and also got in some exercise. Really pleased with how yesterday went.
Today is going to be an EE day. I haven't got my head around the new plan, so if anyone would like to have a look and analyse my food and see how it fits? I am aiming for just an EE day, but if anyone spots anything interesting please let me know :)

Meeting Caz for coffee in a bit. But definitely just a black coffee!! Not sure I'll get the dogs out today because the weather is shocking!x

Matcha kit - the Matcha dude is so cute!!
MatchaKit.jpg

Wednesday food - an EE day. Didn't end up using a HexA! Maybe I should have had a milky coffee at Costa after all lol!

Lunch:
A big jacket potato
Tuna with sweetcorn, spring onions, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Cottage cheese
Salad - iceburg, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and beetroot.

Tea:
Quorn steak
Onions, red & green peppers, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, courgette, broccoli, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots stir fried in garlic, chilli, a bit of chipotle hot sauce, and soy sauce
Pouch of pilau rice (1)

Snacks:
1 alpen Light and 1 Benefit Light (HexB)
2 Advent Calendar chocs (2)
Chocolate teacake (5.5)

Drinks: Coffee. Squash. Diet Ginger Ale. Matcha shot. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 9
Syns saved: 13.5

Exercise:
Just a short walk, 10min round trip to Costa.

Last edited:
YAY!
I finally plucked up the courage to go speak to my boss about changing my working pattern. I sat down and wrote it all out last night and the reasons for it. I even worked out my weekend stand down.
My boss was impressed and said to leave it with her and she'd speak to the head vet. Now, back in the day with out old head vet we'd have waited weeks and potentially months. Less than an hour later my boss came to get me, checked a few things with me, and it's sorted!!
With two people my grade leaving at the end of the month :( we can't start it just yet while we recruit newbies and get things going. So my new rota will start the first week of March! The basics of it is that I will work an extra hour each day so I can have every Wednesday off. Not bad that is it?! ;) It also means that I will always have 3 days off either side of working a weekend, which is brill. So yeah, happy with that. Shame I have to wait a bit, but understand given the circumstances. I did have to reassure her I wasn't leaving LOL!

Had an awful night again last night. Couldn't sleep for ages and then kept waking up sweating buckets again. Crazy dreams too! I've been doing a bit of research and these are ME symptoms. Which makes me feel a bit better, but still frustrating!

Trying another EE day today. Only had half the tin of tuna yesterday, so needed to use that up. I'm sure two EE days in a row wont do any harm ;)

Going to the cinema again later with Mum. We have so many films to catch up with. Busy month January this year. Usually Jan is rubbish for new releases!

Thursday food - another EE day. Got my Hex's in today ;)

Morning:
Matcha shot with 50ml fresh orange juice (1)
Banana

Lunch:
A big jacket potato
Tuna with sweetcorn, spring onions, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Cottage cheese
Salad - iceburg, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and beetroot.

At the cinema:
Cherry Bakewell Nakd bar (6.5)

Tea:
Quorn fillets topped with Quorn pepperoni and cheese (1.5 + HexA)
Spicy veg - mushrooms, red peppers broccoli, carrots, and sweetcorn
Extra light Mayo (0.5)

Snack:
Chewy Delight (HexB )

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Squash.

Syns used: 10
Syns saved: 18.5

Exercise:
4hrs at work - in kennels
21min/1.4miles walk with Dave
21/1.4miles with Pinta
Quick bunny clean. Even had Peggy and Simon in the garden run today.

Last edited:
It looks like a great restart on SW; you'll do well if you keep on like that!

Boo to the ME sweats and sleeplessness and I don't suppose your plan to speak to your boss about your hours helped. But what a result there - 3 days either side of your working weekends will be like having mini holidays.

I had Google the Matcha. Interesting - hope it helps.

It looks like a great restart on SW; you'll do well if you keep on like that!

Boo to the ME sweats and sleeplessness and I don't suppose your plan to speak to your boss about your hours helped. But what a result there - 3 days either side of your working weekends will be like having mini holidays.

I had Google the Matcha. Interesting - hope it helps.

Hey Patty!
I hope so too. Would be amazing if I got some losses. I worked out that if I lose 1lb a week (I don't ask for much ;) ) I could be at target in October!! Obv I'd like bigger losses, but I'm being realistic :)

The night symptoms are getting so bad now. Need to make a list for the ME appointment next week I think. The hallucinations, nightmares, and night sweats haven't gotten any better since I've stopped the sleeping pills.

I'm so glad I talked to my boss and it was sorted so quickly. A shame I have to wait till March, but I understand why. I feel awful saying I can't cope with working 5 short days in a row. And really guilty too knowing what the full timers go thru. I have to do what's right for me tho don't I?! Worth a try anyway.

I've had to take my laptop to Martin's as I think it has some nasty stuff going on. I hate typing on my phone or tablet, so if I go a bit quiet that"'s why.
I will do my food tho :) Hopefully he won't need it for too long.
Night all and speak to you soon hopefully.xx

Friday food. Wonderful green day!!

Morning:
Matcha shot with 50ml fresh orange (1)
Banana

Lunch:
2 Sainsbury's veggie burgers (2) topped with gherkins & cheese (HexA1)
Wholemeal bread (HexB1)
Big salad - iceberg, lambs lettuce, and rocket. Beetroot.
Extra light Mayo, tomato sauce, and mustard (1)

Tea:
Ratatouille! Red onion, mushrooms, peppers, courgette, and chopped tomatoes.
Spicy Quorn meatballs
Wholemeal spaghetti
Cheese (half HexA2)
Lambs lettuce, rocket, and beetroot.

Snack:
1 Alpen Light and 1 Benefit Light (HexB1) crumbled, with sable grapes, Activia 0%, and 1tsp of Sweet Freedom (1)
2 Advent Calendar chocs & 1 Celebration (4.5)

Drinks: coffee. Squash. Diet Coke.

Syns used: 9.5
Syns saved: 24

Exercise:
4hrs at work - kennels and theatre prep today.
Just over 20mins/1.1mile dog walking. A quick 10mins each before I went out.
5mins hoovering.

Last edited:
Drool! That day looks fabulous. I'm kicking myself because I somehow completely forgot to buy fresh tomatoes this week - I can't understand how I forgot them!

Just as a thought - when you have an EE day so that you can have tuna, how much tuna would you say you have? I appreciate it's a Free food on EE, but you can have it as a B choice on Green which would allow you to have a second A choice as well. A B choice is 115g, which is roughly the drained weight of what I would call a standard tin for tuna ie the ones that tend to come in a shrink-wrapped stack of 3 or 4 tins.

Fingers crossed you get your laptop sorted.

Back