Cheekychinchilla's food and stuff

Drool! That day looks fabulous. I'm kicking myself because I somehow completely forgot to buy fresh tomatoes this week - I can't understand how I forgot them!

Just as a thought - when you have an EE day so that you can have tuna, how much tuna would you say you have? I appreciate it's a Free food on EE, but you can have it as a B choice on Green which would allow you to have a second A choice as well. A B choice is 115g, which is roughly the drained weight of what I would call a standard tin for tuna ie the ones that tend to come in a shrink-wrapped stack of 3 or 4 tins.

Fingers crossed you get your laptop sorted.

Hey Patty!
Oh no about the tomatoes. I got some nice fresh ones in Aldi's Super 6 thing :)

I probably have half a tin of tuna when I have it. To be honest it's the extra B I miss on an EE day. Its an excuse to do an EE day as well or I'd never do them. I do need to play with my EE days and come up with some new meals, but will see how it goes. I didn't realise the green B allowance was so much for tuna either! Assumed it was one of those teeny tins.

My laptop should be ready tomorrow. Martin said the virus I'd gotten was an absolute b*stard but he thinks he's got it. He had to completely wipe everything - luckily he backed my stuff up. And he's giving me some new software too. Yay!!!

Well today was busy! I went to work, which was crazy busy again. Came home and had lunch. Took the dogs for a very quick walk each. Hoovered the living room. Sorted my washing. Picked Mum up from work and got some bits for the bunnies. Went to Dobbies and had the car cleaned inside and out - I put my new mats in as soon as it was done lol. Caz (and later Tim) met us for coffee and a walk round. I might have bought another Joules jumper.... And then to Tim & Caz's for coffee and to see the doggies.
Knackered now!!!

Really pleased I managed to avoid cake at Dobbies and also chocolate & biscuits at Tim and Caz's!!

Oh and last night I didn't have any night sweats or nightmares or hallucinations. Yay!!!

Gonna read for a bit and try and get some sleep.
Night all.x

Last edited:
Saturday food. Might be an EE day, will see how it goes. I did it and got a HexA in. Yay!!

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, and orange peppers
2 "fried" eggs
Wholemeal toast (HexB )
Brown sauce (1)

Tea:
Portion of curry - Quorn pieces, onions, mushrooms, butternut squash, peppers, spinach, chickpea Dahl, and tomatoes.
Uncle Ben's Peshwari rice (3.5)
On the side - mange tout, baby sweetcorn, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots stir fried in garlic, soy sauce, and Worcester sauce.

Snacks:
Malteser reindeer (8 )
French Fancy (5)

Drinks: Matcha shot with orange juice (1) Coffee. Diet Lemonade. Diet Ginger ale. Options made with Oatly (HexA + 2) Teapigs ginger & lemon tea.

Syns used: 20.5
Syns saved: 18.5

Exercise:
Big bunny clean today. Nearly 40mins!!! And its bloody freezing as well. Good job I love them :p

Last edited:
Sunday food - another EE day!! Both Hex's at the start of the day, dangerous lol!

Lunch:
2 free Quorn sausages
Interesting beans - beans, mushrooms, peppers, and cherry tomatoes
2 boiled eggs
Wholemeal toast (HexB )
Tomato sauce (1)

At the cinema:
Rhubarb & Custard Nakd bar (6.5)

Tea:
Quorn lamb grill
A mountain of mash potato courtesy of Mum! I requested no butter or milk ;)
Sprouts
Carrot and turnip
1 Yorkshire pudding (2.5)
1 tsp each of horseradish and cranberry sauce (2)
3tsp of low salt Bisto granules (3)

End of week treats:
Reese's Pieces (11)
M&S Caramel Crunch Christmas Tree (6.5)

Drinks:
Matcha latte - 200ml Oatly (HexA) and half tsp Sweet Freedom (0.5)
Coffee. Diet Ginger Ale. Squash. Teapigs Spiced Winter Red tea.

Syns used: 33
Syns left this week: 0.5. YAY!

Exercise:
35min/1.7mile walk with Pinta. Quite a hilly one this evening and somewhere new for her. Mum walked Davey for me so I could take Pinta out for a bit longer.

Last edited:
So Martin has fixed my laptop. Put everything back. And upgraded a lot of my software. Yay ;) He says my power supply is f*cked and keeps tripping his electrics.... Soooo, will be ordering a new one when I get paid and using Rachelle's old one for now. Bloody hell!!

Finally went to see The Hobbit today. To be honest, I kinda lost interest and didn't really care any more. BUT it was dead good and I really enjoyed it and it wasn't a billion hours long ;) So yeah, Jackson did well with that. Even if it didn't really stick to the book *sigh*
I'm glad to see the influence Guillermo Del Toro has had on the production too ;)
I was impressed with myself tho. Michelle had a HUGE bag of popcorn and a slushy and Mum got pick and mix :rolleyes: And I was sat in the middle with my Nakd bar! So go me.

We got home to discover that Pinta has probably eaten a couple of socks!!! So now panicking and on vomit/poo watch and crossing everything that she shredded them to bits before she ate them. I've seen the smallest thing become an obstruction so terrified now!! Usually she just shreds things, she's not eaten anything before. But I only found one bit of material :/ Bloody dog!!
Anyway, I took her for a long walk when we got home. Mum took Davey so I could take her for a bit longer. No drama and we managed to avoid the one person I saw with a dogs - 2 huge malamutes! Beautiful :D Although I'm sure Pinta wouldn't have thought so... So we took a bit of a detour to avoid them and we ended up adding on an extra 10mins. Up a couple of rather long, steep hills too, so got everything pumping.

Just looked back over my food diary for this week and I did 2 Green days and FOUR EE days. Wow! Go me :D Hope they help. I have found them a bit easier, but first week back you do seem to find things a bit easier and then bad habits start sneaking back in don't they?! lol.
Anyway, pleased with this week.xx

Sounds like you've had a brilliant first week back on the wagon, well done on resisting all those naughty temptations :D

Sorry to hear your ME symptoms ahve been getting worse, glad you had a night off from them though. You should tell them about them at your next appointment and see what they suggest.

Glad to see you've sorted your hours out from March, I'm sure that will help you out loads. And you shouldn't feel bad about it, you definitely have to do what is best for you and if you make yourself ill you're no good to anyone including work.

Naughty Pinta, I hope all is well. As naughty as Tia was she never ate anything that's Sam's trick, luckily he's never made himself ill. That's why when we go out Sam gets left in the hall way (which is larger than the living room as it runs the entire length of the bungalow) because there is nothing there for him to chomp. When we first got him he had to wear a muzzle to stop him eating everything in sight when we went out walking.

Fingers crossed for a good first loss and a good week at work x x x x

Hey Barbette!

I am very pleased with my first week :) Were my EE days ok?? I know Sunday's lunch needed a bit more superfree, but I was struggling to make things fit!

I have an appointment with the ME service tomorrow. So going to make a quick list of the things that are getting to me and the changes I've made too. So should be good :) Actually can't wait to see what she says about me stopping my sleeping pills!!

I'm SO looking forward to my new hours at work. I honestly don't think working an extra hour each day will make much of an impact, not when I can get through 10.5hr shifts at a weekend!! And knowing that I always, always have a Wednesday off will be amazing! Also knowing that I have 3 days off either side a working weekend takes the pressure off a lot. So yeah, really glad I did that and can't wait for it to start!

Pinta doesn't normally eat things, which is why this is so odd. She breaks things and rips them up, but doesn't eat it. It is very strange!! She seems fine today and has eaten and is playing and stuff. I'm going to go and do a poo check in the garden when I go out to the rabbits in a bit, see if I can see anything suspect. I lead a glamorous life....
Sam must have been such hard work when you first got him? The only other place we could leave Pinta is in the kitchen, but she's already digging two holes in the floor out there and she can reach the worktops and bins. Bloody nightmare lol!!

Right, well, this week is going to be a busy one. I'm working every day this week, my shifts are all over the place, and I'm busy anyway!
Going to be having two meals off plan for birthday things. Tomorrow I have a joint birthday meal with a work friend and work buddies. And Sunday is my joint meal with Michelle! Also tomorrow I have my ME appointment and Thursday I am getting my hair done completely different, so that's going to take a long time! Going to be knackered!
Working this week is:
Mon 4-8, Tues 9-1, Wed 5-8, Thurs 9-1, Fri 8-12! I am planning a complete recovery day on Saturday! I might go the cinema, but that'll be it.

But anyway, two meals off plan shouldn't ruin whatever I lose this week. I probably wont get a loss, but I will prepare for the meals off and save syns and stuff :) x

Have just had a go at making my own version of Big Mac in a Bowl. It's quite nice isn't it?! Basically a salad bowl like, but nice! Really good for EE days :)
I made my own dressing, coz we all know Thousand Island is basically tomato sauce and mayo ;) And I added a few veggies and changed the cheese too. Quite impressed! Thinking I could do it with Quorn pieces as well and stuff. Ooooh salad bowl ideas running round my head lol!

Week 2 - Monday food - EE day!

Lunch: Big Mac in a Bowl
Quorn mince, onions, mushrooms, gherkins, and red peppers cooked in garlic, smoked paprika, Worcester sauce, and Chipotle Tabasco
Filled the bowl with shredded iceberg, lambs lettuce, and rocket. Lined the bowl with sliced cucumber.
Cheese (half HexA)
Dressing made with extra light mayo, tomato sauce, and mustard (1)

At work:
Grapes and an Activia 0%

Tea:
4 Quorn southern fried bites (4)
Low fat Supernoodles
Cheese (rest of HexA)
Huge side salad - iceberg, rocket, lambs lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn, beetroot, and mange tout.
Extra light mayo and a little bit of BBQ sauce (1)

Snack:
1 Alpen Light & 1 Benefit Light (HexB)

Drinks: Coffee. Matcha shot with orange juice (1) Diet Coke.

Syns used: 7
Syns saved: 8

Exercise:
Bunny clean and garden de-poo.
4hrs at work.

Last edited:
Glad you got your laptop fixed and upgraded too - it's great having techie friends!

You're doing well with your EE days. Yeah - one third of the plate is meant to be Superfree (Speed foods in 2015 money!) but it's not punishable by death if you don't quite get the proportions right. Even SW agree that there are some meals where it doesn't quite work (eg beans on toast) so don't 'worry' about the odd meal. I would hazard a guess that nearly all your meals contain at least a third veg.

If a dog can eat most of a plastic doll and a hearing aid complete with battery and suffer no ill-effects, then I'm sure Pinta will be fine! Naughty girl! (the dog - not you, lol).

Hey Patty!
Aye very handy having a techie on call ;)

Thanks about the EE days! Can't believe how many I've done. I would like to only do a couple of green a week, but we shall see. Normally I'd have had a big pile of wilted spinach with that meal, but spinach has been sold out everywhere by me for a week. Wtf?!! Lol. But at least I got some superfree in making interesting beans :)
Have eaten piles of veg in the last week. Today's amount of salad has been ridiculous lol. Tonight's ended up being half my BIG plate and piled up.....
Most of my meals are around half veg really. And I have a really big plate, so quite big portions *blush*

I think it's just luck sometimes with dogs and how they cope with eating things. Like Ellie ate a box of lightbulbs when she was little!!! But I have seen dogs that have to be operated on and it's the smallest thing. Recently I've seen a small strip of carpet and a bit of bouncy ball about 2" big. So I know how bad foreign bodies can be. It just takes one thing to make it get stuck or perforate the gut and you're screwed!! I've seen dogs die from eating silly things :(
BUT I de-poo'd the garden before work and found 3 decent sized poo's all with black and red material in. So hopefully that it all of it. Bloody dog!!

Had a nice hot shower when I came in and just watching Silent Witness. I probably shouldn't cheer when the gruesome scene warning comes on ;)

Oh and I have ANOTHER meal to go to now!! My work friend's leaving meal. So, coming up I have a pub meal tomorrow night, a street food Indian meal on Sunday, another pub meal on Monday, and my actual birthday next Wed!!! But by Gods I will be good in between :) January is always so hectic for me. It's Michelle's birthday the week after mine too. Ooof! :rolleyes:

I managed to stay off the scales today at work. It was SO hard, especially as I was on a late and there was virtually no one around. I want to give myself a good run till I get weighed and preferably on an early shift. Desperately trying to hold out till Fri!x

Last edited:
Tuesday food - Green Day. Got a meal out tonight and I've already checked the menu. Nothing really SW friendly and there are only a couple of veggie options, so will have to suck it up ;) Will use today's syns and yesterdays saved ones tho :) Plus a green day for extra cheese and stuff.

Morning break:
Grapes and an Activia 0%

Lunch:
Cheesy scrambled eggs (half HexA1)
Beans with mushrooms, peppers, cherry tomatoes, and a drizzle of chipotle hot sauce
Wholemeal toast (HexB1)
Tomato sauce (1)

Tea at the pub:
Quorn burger on a bun with the teeniest bit of salad. No cheese :/
THE tiniest portion of crappy little fries I have ever witnessed.
No side salad or owt!!
Apple and blueberry crumble with custard

At home: Mini Green & Blacks bar and a small Aldi Titan bar.

Drinks: Coffee. Diet Coke. Diet Mountain Dew.

Syns used: ALL OF THEM ;)
Syns saved: Erm, nope...

Exercise:
4hrs at work - kennels.
About 15mins walking in the hospital grounds.
Nothing very exciting today.

Last edited:
Have put on my new "relaxed skinny" jeans on I got in the Next sale. Size 12 and I can't keep them up. Yet I bought boyfriend jeans (supposed to be baggy!) From New Look and Sainsbury's and had to get 14's, which are a bit tight :/
Clothes make no sense!!!

Just got back from the hospital. Nice session with my ME therapist today. We did some mindfulness/relaxation stuff to help with my awful, awful sleep. And we somehow talked about pirates lol.
She's really really pleased I have stopped the sleeping pills and had my work pattern changed :D
That hour goes by SO fast!!

Just played with the dogs - we did the cups game - and I've gotta go get ready for my work birthday tea. So very very glad I thought to swap to a late tomorrow, I'm knackered!!!xx

Well tonight's meal was a bit rubbish. And kinda bad service too! Good job we had a good laugh and a ***** and a moan ;)

I had a main and a desert. But ended up having a mini Green and Blacks bar and a small Aldi Titan bar later this evening *blush* Very silly I know!!
So definitely all syns from yesterday and today used.

Off to bed coz I'm knackered.xx

Wednesday food. Going for a couple of EE days to try to limit any of yesterdays damage.....and all the future ones lol!

Lunch:
Jacket potato
Tuna, sweetcorn, red peppers, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Cottage cheese
Salad - iceberg, cucumber, tomatoes, and beetroot

Tea:
Portion of 1 syn chilli - veg packed!
Mexican rice
Cheese (half HexA)
Spinach, rocket, and lambs lettuce
Mango & chilli dressing (0.5)

Snacks:
Chewy Delight (HexB )
Activia 0%
Mini Creme Egg (2.5)

Drinks:
Small Matcha latte - 125ml Oatly (rest of HexA) & half tsp Sweet Freedom (0.5)
Diet Ginger ale. Coffee. Teapigs lemon & ginger tea. Diet Mountain Dew.

Syns used: 5
Syns saved: 10

Exercise:
3hrs at work.
Bunny clean.

Last edited:
Thursday food - EE day

Lunch:
Jacket potato
Tuna, spring onions, sweetcorn, red peppers, and extra light mayo (0.5)
Cottage cheese
Salad - iceberg, cucumber, tomatoes, and beetroot.
Mango and chilli dressing (0.5)

Tea:
Scouse!! My sister made veggie Scouse the other night and saved me some coz I was at work :) She used a tiny bit of flour and a small amount of low salt gravy granules. Going to say 3 syns.
Quorn mince & pieces, onions, carrots, cabbage, leeks, turnip, & barley (free??)
Smash
Beetroot.

Snack:
1 Alpen Light + 1 Benefit Light (HexB )
Activia 0%

Drinks:
Small Matcha latte - 125ml Oatly (half HexA) & half tsp Sweet Freedom (0.5)
Coffee. Diet Coke. Options made with Oatly & hot water (rest of HexA + 2)

Syns used: 6
Syns saved: 19

Last edited:
So glad your ME appointment went so well, sounds like you're getting to grips with things and are changing things for the better and making it easier for you which is really important. I hope the relaxation techniques help with your sleep I think I need some at the moment lol.

Glad to hear the socks appeared at the other end of Pinta lol. Sam was a nightmare when we 1st got him, he was forever making himself sick eating stuff he shouldn't, he must have a stomach like cast iron ha ha ha. HE still has his naughty moments, I left the kitchen before and he nicked an apple out of the fruit box I'd just got, he's sulking now because I told him off lol. I think it has a lot to do with him being stray, he has got better as he's got older. He's pretty good at being left at home now, when I go to work at night he doesn't come to door whining any more he goes straight to bed :)

All your food has been good on EE days, like patty said they recommend 1/3 on every plate but it's not always possible. I was talking to my consultant yesterday and she said when you hit target you get an extra healthy A and B on EE, I wonder if this is the same on Green days, if so el mucho healthy extras for me lol.

I hope this week doesn't take it out of you too much, look after yourself x x x

Hey guys!
Patty she used Quorn mince and pieces in the Scouse. I was waiting till I'd eaten it to fill in the food diary coz I had no idea what was in it lol! It was very tasty indeed.

My hair hasn't really gone to plan. Rather disappointed really. Will see how it looks over the next week or so and we can come up with a plan of what to do next. She cleaned it up to get rid of some of the colours I had on it and then washed and dried it. Then she put in the foils and then the rest of the colour. Washed and dried it but I didn't like it. Far too light!! Came out a ginger brown :/ So she weaved through a darker brown so I would have 3 colours running through it.
I do like it, but it's still a bit red and not quite what I wanted. I wanted a complete change.
This was what I wanted:
jenniferhair.jpg

I'll have to see how it washes and what it looks like curly. We might just need to play with it! But it cost me £50 today, so going to have to wait till at least next month to change anything.

Barbette I can try and copies of the relaxation stuff and email it to you? The fax at work can send emails :) I actually haven't tried them at home yet, really must make an effort.

I think Pinta is very insecure and unsure of things. I just hope the more she realises that she's safe here and can be happy things will calm down.
It's great that Sam has calmed down. I think food is an issue for most dogs, if they can reach it they'll have it! Opportunistic ;)

I do really try to have a lot of veg/salad with my meals. Even with some that you wouldn't normally have veg with - like beans. Usually half my plate is superfree tho :) Good to know that I don't have to desperately try and add veg to things that don't really go lol.
Aye I've heard the extra healthy extra thing before. Sooooo many on Green LOL!

I'm bloody knackered!! Did not think my hair would take 5hrs!! On an early tomorrow at work as well.xx

Back