Cheer me up....

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Lou, 10 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    W8
    My baby (she's 10! :rolleyes:) has gone away on her first ever "away from home" school trip to France and I'm beside myself with worry. She's only gone until Friday lunchtime but it's going to take every ounce of strength I have not to console myself with chocolate buttons!!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellywobble

kellywobble Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Not worth the buttons. She'll come back Friday happy as larry (whoever he is) and you'll have been upset all for nothing.
    One favour you know on the 25th of June will you say the same to me my babys going to France too.

4. MiniB

MiniB Here we go again!

Diet:
    Exante
    I remember mine going to france the same age (they're 17 and 19 now)and for a couple of days. She will come back full of the joys of france and be having a great time. We all worry, so it would be stupid of me to say don't. I'm afraid that's part of the job description.

Who knows, she may bring you back some french chocolate buttons for you to enjoy after refeeding!

5. Candlewix

Candlewix Down boy!

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.3%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Diet
    Hi Lou

My 'baby' went to India on a backpack holiday at 19 for 6 months. I put on the bravest face at the train station and when the train pulled out burst into floods of tears. As MiniB says its part of the job description to let them go :wave_cry:, with a smile on the face and an ache in the heart. She had the most amazing time, certainly a jouney she should never have missed. I bet your sweetheat will be back on Friday after having the best of fun ever with her school pals with so many stories to tell and will be feeling all grown up after her adventure.:cool:
    All us moms feel for you...its the begining of letting go. ;)

6. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.32%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Awwww thanks guys, I know she'll have a blast as she's really been looking forward to it. I suppose my main worry is that she's a little naive and not very street wise, but then again she's on a school trip so she shouldn't have to be. Two more sleeps... and no chocolate buttons ;)

7. loulouless

loulouless Is a loser :)

Start Weight:
    24st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(14.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh my two go away in a few weeks, one to France and the other to Snowdonia 13/14 year old girls....its always a worry but they need to develop and always seem to have a fab time and forget to text or say i'm ok!! They just love going away friends its such an advenure, she'll be just fine, stick to the diet she's going to be so proud of you!

8. poppy100

poppy100 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    its hard being a parent isn't it? young people usually have a fab time whilst us parents worry ourselves silly. she will be fine. but you already know that - its just hard. my 20 year old moves into her own flat tomorrow. thank goodness. sanity will reign

9. etheral

etheral Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.69%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    your wee girl will have a great time away but instead of chocolate console yourself with the thought of how much weight you have lost and how proud she must be of you. that would definitely give me a warm comforting glow x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.