Cheese and Crackers!!!!

fatpossum

Silver Member
Hi Chaps,

As I have already described at length my LL is very rarely available outside of the actual meeting once a week and this proves very difficult for those of us with jobs and family commitments i.e. there is very little flexibility around weigh ins and pack pick ups. What availability there is during my working hours and my job does not allow sufficient flexibility for me to leave work, drive to the LL office and get back to work in time.

I couldn't make my meeting or weigh in on Monday because I was up North for work. I rang in advance to explain that I would be away - i.e. left a message on the answermachine as there was no one in! When I got back on Tuesday I rang to see if I could pop in for a weigh in and to pick up my packs - again no one in so I left a message saying that I needed to come in to pick up my packs. About 4/5 hours later I got a message on my phone to say that no one would be availabe until the following day!! At this stage I am out of packs!!

So last night I had to eat real food :eek:. I was away from home and so I had 4 crackers, 3 pieces of cheese and a green salad. While the food was very nice I couldn't really enjoy it because all the time I was thinking "This will make me gain weight". Later when I got to a computer I spent about an hour trying to work out the carb content of single crackers - not easy. But I did eventually manage to calculate that I had about 24gms of carbs.

It's mad isn't it!! At this stage I am afraid to go for a weigh in (not that that is an option for me as the office is closed apart from for about 3 hrs today when I will be at work!!) for fear that the cheese and crackers has messed up my entire week :cry::cry::cry:.

Apart from the 3-bar-binge I admitted to about 4 weeks ago I have been completly abstinent throughout the diet but I know that psychologically I need to SEE weight loss in order to remain motivated. I am not at all inclined to binge or stuff but I find this diet so so difficult visible weight loss is really necessary for me.

If I go for a weigh in and find I have lost nothing or only a lb I shall be devastated.

Oh god FP - I really feel for you. If you are going to break this diet then you at least want to do it of your own free will. To be forced into it like that is REALLY annoying.
However, I suppose there is no point in crying over spilt milk. It has happened and you can deal with it.
Personally I would be having a 'discussion' with my LLC. about her availibility. One thing I noticed on my 'shopping list' last night is that our LLC offers a top up pack of 8 packs for emergencies. I don't know if this is a standard offer but it would certainly be worth asking your LLC to offer similar additional packs.
Now back to the cheese and crackers. You may feel more hungry for a few days and you may even put on weight (personally I don't think this is likely - if you can stop at what you have already eaten). But either way you can deal with this and you can continue on your weight loss journey if you choose to. I think the biggest battle you now face is a physchological one. Don't dwell on this - it wasn't disaster, it happened and now it is over.
Not sure if any of my ramblings help - but chin up and today is another day.
Lx

Thanks WW,

I am pleased to say that I don't feel at all hungry and when I woke up this morning I felt as awful as usual - weak and parched - so I am reading that as a 'good sign'!!!!

I did eat very little yesterday and if I had been on an "ordinary diet" I would have been very pleased with my day calorie-wise - 4 crackers and a little cheese would have been a "good day"!!

I plan to ring the LL office later and leave a message. I'll try to find out if anyone will be in at any stage today and then see if my son can pop in for me at some stage and pick up my packs. I haven't asked him and don't even know if he will be in the vicinity yet but fingers crossed.

I found a crumpled strawberry pack at the back of the cupboard this morning (yuk!!) so I shall have that later and hope that I get some more packs later today.

It's lots of water and determintion for me until then.

Thanks for your support. X

I worried about this from day one and got 2 weeks of packs so I always have a spare week. It was expensive but then takes away from these kind of situations. Could your LLC not post you packs if she's not around? Seems a bit off and while appreciating peoples desire for work/life balance....

Hi FatPossum,

Just wanted to say how well I think you dealt with the situation - if it was me I think I would have become a rebellious child and eaten everything in sight! A little cheese and crackers was quite reserved!

It's awful that you couldn't get in touch with your LLC. I hope she realises what an awful position you were left in.

I agree that getting some emergency packs could be a good idea. Good luck! xxxx

Can I suggest that you speak to LL HO and let them know just how difficult it is for you to get hold of your LLC. They will be really quite annoyed that you were forced into the situation where you had no choice but to eat. If I were you I would be looking for a free weeks worth of packs to make up for the fact that through no fault of your own, and despite leaving several messages and trying to sort something out, you were left high and dry.

It's not exactly good PR for them is it.

Oh FP, I really feel for you. It just shows your LLC's lack of concern towards your situation. I would be so angry with her.

I agree with Hiddenfishcake. Contact LL HO and tell them of your difficult situation. Once LLC knows you have contacted the HO, she will have to change her attitudes!

Good luck!!

Hi there

I always found LL a problem in terms of flexibility.

I always got a month at a time and went for more stock even when i still had a weeks worth left - just in case!!

I've now changed to CD and get my packs posted to me (well to my mam who is always at home!).

Sorted!

Good luck with finding what works for you!

aw first of all congrats on being so restrained - I am absolutely sure that you will not put weight on..

I am totally with you on the needing to see weight losses each week as it is surely the only thing during this hell that keeps you going (sorry to be negative - having my own really bad time this week)

You should however do something about her availability as that is not right. Here in Edin there is about 5/6 classes a week so its really easy to pop in a day before or after etc if you can't make that day.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with getting your supply of packs, I am sure your weight will be absolutely fine.

I echo the sentiments above, your LLC sounds like she needs to learn a lot more about customer service. My LLC is almost always available, & if not, she tries really hard to sort out any problems.

A couple of times she has messed up my order (with banana & vanilla as both in yellow packs, & she has probs with colour. I HATE vanilla!!) She has been available when I could get there to do a swap, no worries.

I think you did really well in the circumstance, & I know LLHQ would love to know what is happening in your area.

Keep going!

Hiya Fatpossum,

You poor thing. You should have at least been able to speak to your counsellor. It sounds to me as if she isn't really dedicated to helping others and maybe she's in the wrong job. I know they have to have their own time out of work and maybe she's got loads of problems of her own that she needs to deal with. She should really have spoken to you and sent the packs to you by post.

Hey Poss
Well done on the restrained cheese and crackers. I guess it could've been a lot worse and based on how you've been feeling you sound like you're getting through it.
I also have a full extra week in stock. It's really worth shelling out the extra. I also find that out of nowhere I'll get a massive craving for a flavour that I havent had for weeks and it's nice to know that I've got a bit of choice in the cupboard.
My LLC has no issues at all with letting us buy extra's - I mean, let's face it, we're all grown ups and should be allowed to take responsibility for how many packs we're going to get through!
:D

Yes - I lost 4lbs!!!!

And today I went out and bought two pairs of size 12 jeans and a pair of size 12 linen trousers. And two tops.

I look good :party0011::party0011:- very good in fact.

So the cheese and crackers made little, if any, difference.

I will be having some "real food" again on Friday and Saturday this weekend (I knew this when I set out on the diet back in April). I plan to stick to low carb stuff - I don't see abstinence as an option I want to utilise this weekend -I have family to stay for the weekend and a party to go to (Granny's birthday). I don't want them to know about the diet - I couldn't face the quetions and disapproval and comments about 'ruining my health'.

I will be back to SS on Sunday and then it's SS to target - only 11lbs to go!!

So while I don't advocate that anyone break abstinence if you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, cheese and a few crackers won't break the bank. I even stayed in ketosis.

Thanks for the moral support.

:party0011:well done, that's great! :D:D
still think it might be worth contacting LLHQ or speaking to your counsellor about the situation she put you in though so it doesn't happen to you or anyone else again! Enjoy the weekend!

I'm so pleased you managed to lose 4lbs this week after your the terrible time you had, as Harri said maybe you should let head office know how difficult it has been, because this counsellor needs a kick up the backside.
Good luck for your weekend.

Hiya,
well done on the size 12's you must be walking on air:D. 4lb is great too...

Enjoy the Party and all the compliments that will be flying your way :p

HI FP,

I havent been around for a while, off on my holidays and stuck to SS came back Thursday and have lost another 4 pound :) very pleased with me.

Well done on your weight loss and being so close to target it must be FAB:D can't wait to get there.

I always read your posts as I find them very interesting, so thank you for that, as I have said before I have been counsellor for many years using CBT and TA in more recent years and I hope you dont mind me asking

If you was away for work and you could'nt make the meeting was it not your responsibilty to take extra packs before you left? as with work I am sure they give you notice to arrange your own family commitments. Do LLC counsellors offer support in group and some flexabilty subject to their own commitments. I know from my own personal experience being " to available" has left my own family in need.

And when you could blame your LLC for eating it was not good enough and you need results to keep to the programme (don't we all) and this week because you have made the choice to eat all will be OK and acceptable for this week not to have the results. Just some real crooked thoughts in there and I hope yoou don't mind me giving another side to this post as with life there is always 2 or more view points.

I really hope to hear you views

Lighter Me:)

Glad to hear there were no ill effects from "Crackergate"!

and WOW!! your new clothes sound fab!! GO GIRL!!

Yes - I lost 4lbs!!!!

And today I went out and bought two pairs of size 12 jeans and a pair of size 12 linen trousers. And two tops.

I look good :party0011::party0011:- very good in fact.

So the cheese and crackers made little, if any, difference.

I will be having some "real food" again on Friday and Saturday this weekend (I knew this when I set out on the diet back in April). I plan to stick to low carb stuff - I don't see abstinence as an option I want to utilise this weekend -I have family to stay for the weekend and a party to go to (Granny's birthday). I don't want them to know about the diet - I couldn't face the quetions and disapproval and comments about 'ruining my health'.

I will be back to SS on Sunday and then it's SS to target - only 11lbs to go!!

So while I don't advocate that anyone break abstinence if you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, cheese and a few crackers won't break the bank. I even stayed in ketosis.

Thanks for the moral support.

That is absolutely brilliant that you lost 4lbs after what you have been through!

I am so pleased for you! :D

Back