Cheese and onion scones

Marpad

I got a recipe off this forum last week which I finally tried thus evening with some additions. Can't find the original thread so posting new one, these are amazingly tasty and filling, my husband who is not trying to loose weight loved them too. They are more like a baked potato cake than a scone.
Syn free if using cheese as hexa
Ingredients:
1pack instant smash
1 tub fat free cottage cheese
3 eggs
1 onion sliced thinly
Handful snipped chives (optional)
50grams low fat cheddar grated

Fry the sliced onions in fry light and a little water for at least 5 minutes. Combine all other ingredients adding a little water to form a dough. Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Roll out and cut rounds with scone cutter. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.

Thanks for posting :D Me & family love scones so will definately try these out hehe.

I'm pretty sure SW would say you need to syn the smash as you are using it as flour substitute to make a snack food.

Think they should really be called baked potato cakes rather than scones and you could serve them with a side salad and have them as meal. Yes if you have them for a snack you would probably have to syn them. Just an add on, they taste really awful cold! Best just out of the oven but can be re-heated in the microwave

Will be trying these, synned or not! :)

Back