cheese?

Emms24

Hello all, just wondering whether there is any hard cheese we can have? I've just made some turkey mince meatballs for tea and they are truly scrumptious however Id love nothing more than some grated cheese on top. I was sooo tempted to pinch some of my flatmates cathedral cheddar but decided against it...

Is there any kind tht we are allowed?

Thank you.

Emma x

there's really nothing available in the uk that's low enough in fat. best to leave it till conso and enjoy it every day then.

When I was on rosemary conley diet meals were delivered to my door in box was cheese that was less then 5% fat cheddar could we have this as you can order it from her website

Did some more research and company that make rc cheese is wyke farms and they make even lower fat cheese per 100g

Protein 30.3g
Fat which saturates 1.3g
Sodium 0.49th

Its called super light could we eat this x

I wanted to find a site which wasn't associated to the RC diet and I've found one. I can't find anything "wrong" with that RC cheese (except its price!!)

Calories in Full Flavour Mature Cheese - Nutrition Facts, and Healthy Alternatives | LIVESTRONG.COM

It would NOT of course be OK for attack, and must be used as a TOLERATED in Cruise IF one is happy with one's weight loss and then just 30g = 1 x tolerated, so you can have 60g if you have no other (ie no fruit yoghurt!). Tolerated foods do slow our loss so it's a bit of a trial and error thing.

I use them now, because I should be passing into Conso and so feel at least I'm going for it with the tolerateds... but usually I don't as I prefer to lose weight faster!

Last edited:
So Atopos do you agree that the Rosemary Conley one is OK? And, if so, what a revelation? (I think we'll be creating Dukan UK diet history!! Hence my reticence!!)

So Atopos do you agree that the Rosemary Conley one is OK? And, if so, what a revelation? (I think we'll be creating Dukan UK diet history!! Hence my reticence!!)

<squints hard at the figures> I can't see anything wrong with it - but I have a sneaking suspicision it might taste a bit nasty - at least if you were to eat it expecting to eat a lovely slab of real mature cheddar.

Oh - and the fact that it's RC. Personal issue - I blame the whole F-Plan thing for twisting my brain in the 80s, and making me pick high-carb foods for the past 20 odd years!

But other than that...

and the price...

It's true when I googled it, all I found were lots of references to Rosemary Conley's website... I guess caution should be exercised per her claims re 5% because, if she's hand in hand with the other one, saying it too is low fat, yet it's 17%, there's something awry?

Dunno!

. I guess caution should be exercised per her claims re 5% because, if she's hand in hand with the other one, saying it too is low fat, yet it's 17%, there's something awry?

Dunno!

It's hard to be certain Jo - but I think the "low-fat" claims are actually "Low in Saturated Fat" - which is true - only 1% sat fat. The rest seems to be veg oil.

so OK Dukan? (I'm trying to think whether anyone is currently being "coached" officially - that'd be a sure fire way of confusing the issue! Ask the pros!!)

so OK Dukan? (I'm trying to think whether anyone is currently being "coached" officially - that'd be a sure fire way of confusing the issue! Ask the pros!!)

The RC cheese - Ok, scrapes in as a tolerated item.

The Wykes Farm - bin it.

Attention all Cheese addicts...

When I get back next week I'll do some research into alternative ways to get that yummy addictive mature cheese taste hit!

Back