Cheeseburger Pie???

trudyc

Gold Member
Do those of you who have tried this recipe add the grated cheese or not???? Would rather not but don't want to waste the mince of this if it is pants without the cheese!!!! Happy to omit it and just use the cottage cheese and eggs to top it but advice apprecited!

Trudy I've had it & not used cheese & I think it's ok x

I don't add the cheese & like it without. Never had it with so can't comment on it.

I used to like a bit of cheese on the top to be able to gratinee it... but we can get 5% fat grated cheese in packets here so it's easier. I don't put much but it makes a nice topping! Not a requisite at all.

I'd forgotten about cheeseburger pie, to be honest, so thanks for reminding me!

Here's the recipe. Just a Dukan bolognese really with a fromage frais and tolerated ingredient (less than 7% fat cheese) on the top. Not ok for attack of course ;)

Cheeseburger pie
Vicky kindly adapted this for us from an Atkins recipe:

Cheeseburger Pie
Ingredients:
500g lean minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
3 eggs
fat free Fromage frais
low fat grated chedder (7% fat, maximum 30g per portion)

salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat. (I add fresh tomato too, and some herbs and chilli powder...).

Place in a deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add fromfrais.
Pour over the top of mince, sprinkle grated cheese over
bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Got this cooking. Minus the cheese. Unfortunately looks very runny on top. Any tips?

It takes a while to cook, almost burns. Though I did find putting it lower in the oven worked a bit better.

Try it with flavoured cottage cheese. its very yummy.

Beccas recipe in the Range Cookbook thread, uses eggs and cottage cheese, which forms a kind of quiche on the top. Very filling and adaptable with different flavours, spices and herbs.

I did it over half an hour gas mark 5. Really hope its cooked! We shall see tomorrow! Will look at beccas recipe another day!

I used the onion/chive one from Aldi the other day, verrreeee yum and have bought that flavour again to do it this week.

I have just re-attempted Cheeseburger pie. I messed it up first time. This time I used the cottage cheese with onion and chives and made them in my silicon muffin tray. I also made BBQ sauce to go with them.

I have to say, this is now my favourite PP day meal.

Attachments

• image-1287571470.jpg
    image-1287571470.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 157
i had it for dinner this evening

I clearly made an error doing this in a big dish

Anyone care to bump the BBQ sauce for me??

[h=2]BBQ sauce[/h]

100ml diet coke
1 tbsp reduced sugar & salt tomato ketchup
2 tsp sweetner
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp cornflour (tolerated item)

Mix the cornflour with a little of the cola in cup.
Add all other ingredients to either a jug or small saucepan.
Add the cornflour liquid and heat for 5 minutes until thick and bubbling. If using a jug, microwave for 3 minutes until thick and bubbling.

Copied the recipe from "recipes that I love"
couldn't work out how to do it so that it showed up in the boxy thing!​

Thank you! May try this next week!! X

BBQ sauce
100ml diet coke
1 tbsp reduced sugar & salt tomato ketchup
2 tsp sweetner
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Dash red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp cornflour (tolerated item)

Mix the cornflour with a little of the cola in cup.
Add all other ingredients to either a jug or small saucepan.
Add the cornflour liquid and heat for 5 minutes until thick and bubbling. If using a jug, microwave for 3 minutes until thick and bubbling.

Copied the recipe from "recipes that I love"
couldn't work out how to do it so that it showed up in the boxy thing!

I made this last week, its what I used the tomato passata for. I used 1 tablespoon and then froze the rest in an ice cube tray.

I actually made double the quantity and have kept it in a jar in the fridge to use when I want to. I didn't use the red wine vinegar, I used balasamic.

I make my 'pie' in a small glass pirex dish in the oven. And eat it straight from the dish.

Tried the cheeseburger pie yesterday, but as I was lazy I used a shortcut and didn't fry off the mince, just seasoned it and made it into a mini meatloaf, topped with seasoned cottage cheese/egg mixture and baked 50 min @200C. In a word, DELISH! Think this has overtaken mince flan as my fave pp meal! :)

Back