Cheesy melt burgers

Vicki-26

I saw a recipe on here somewhere the other day for cheesy melt burgers made from extra lean mince and babybels has anyone got the recipe please would love to make these for tea tonight

Hi, I believe it's basically just a normal burger mix, with a babybel placed in the middle of the patty before grilling it.

For my burgers I just usually mix up Extra Lean Mince, grated Red Onion and a dash of Soy Sauce. If I want a bit more of a kick, I sometimes add a little Chilli, too.

it may have been mine...

Makes 4 Burgers
Ingredients
400g Extra Lean Minced Beef/ turkey/ lamb mince*
4 Babybel Lights
Seasoning to taste (Salt, Pepper, Mixed Herbs, Chilli,
Garlic, Paprika)
4 Wholemeal Rolls
Salad to garnish (Tomatoes, Onion, Lettuce)
Method
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees/ Gas mark 4
2. Unwrap Babybel and remove wax coating. Place to one side
3. Mix the minced beef well with the seasoning/s of your choice. Divide the mix into 4 equal
portions.
4. Form one portion of the minced beef mixture around the cheese and slightly flatten to
make a burger shape, ensuring that all of the cheese is covered
5. Spray a tray with fry light and put the burgers in the oven for 30 minutes. (This will ensure
that the meat is thoroughly cooked and the cheese melts)
6. Assemble burger and serve!!

I had these for my dinner - on a wholemeal roll, with tomato sauce, beefsteak tomato and red onion - absolutely fabulous!

i make these all the time, i slice the babybels in half length ways if you get what i mean and do them on my george foreman, only takes about 7 minutes (if that). sometimes have bacon and mushrooms on the top. ooo think i'll have to go out and buy some mince now :)

I made these recently, they were DELISH!! I put some mixed herbs into my mince, grated red onion, one egg and some worcester sauce... yum!
I think I will cut my babybel in half next time though as others have said, as it oozed out of the burger whilst cooking using a whole one.

Just had these for my tea absolutely DIVINE!! Will DEFINITELY be having them again and looking forward to experimenting with different flavours :) yummy!

Can anyone please tell me what the syn value is for these and if they are green, original or EE. Sorry I'm new to this so not sure but they sound great for all the family.
Thanks

On red day (original ) or EE day ( served with 1/3 superfree salad/ veg ) they're free.

On a green day you would either have to have a tiny beef burger using HEXB 85 g raw beef mince allowance. Or syn the mince. 28g raw mince 2.5 syns.

It's silly to have a green day for burgers so choose red or EE x

Obviously you syn the cheese babybel light 2 syns.

Can anyone please tell me what the syn value is for these and if they are green, original or EE. Sorry I'm new to this so not sure but they sound great for all the family.
Thanks

It depends what/how much you put in them, They would usually be EE/Red.

Extra Lean Mince is Free on EE/Red but synned/HEXed on Green
Babybel Lights are HEXes/syns on all plans
Wholemeal Rolls are HEXes/syns on all plans
Salad is free on all plans

My burgers come in at less than a HEX! Around about 60grams per burger, but I like them quite thin :)

Not that I would have them on a green day though, I have two, each in a HEB bun ;) Though It is food for thought.. I could have one in a HEB bun and have SW chips and tinned spaghetti with it!

My burgers come in at less than a HEX! Around about 60grams per burger, but I like them quite thin :)

Not that I would have them on a green day though, I have two, each in a HEB bun ;) Though It is food for thought.. I could have one in a HEB bun and have SW chips and tinned spaghetti with it!

I've used extra lean mince as a HEX on Green plenty of times.

Back