Cheesy pasta

Any tips on getting the pasta soft? I soaked it then microwaved it to death and the pasta was still crunchy :( x

I cooked it on the hob. Just added a bit more water and cooked for a while. I do all my meals on the hob anyway. It is a very saucy meal this one, almost like a cheese soup which is a bit odd! :)

I hear some people let the powder soak for a few mins in the hot water before they micro it. Ive tried it on hob and micro and I still cant get it to my liking.

I totally know what you mean about saucy and soupy ... The mushroom pasta is the same I found.

I cooked it on the hob. Just added a bit more water and cooked for a while. I do all my meals on the hob anyway. It is a very saucy meal this one, almost like a cheese soup which is a bit odd! :)[/QUOTE

Aaah. Than you. Didn't even occur to mr to try it on the hob. Think its one to add allowed veg too. It barely covered a tea plate :eek: x

It's definitely the kind of meal that needs to be in a bowl, firstly to keep the sauce in, and secondly to make it look bigger! There is hardly any pasta in it all. Maybe it you have it over broccoli or cauliflower so it's like cauliflower cheese? Might try that next time.

I think some people also add zero noodles to bulk it out too. Great idea about adding the veg. Hmm ... Got a few of those packs left so may try that. :)

I tried the zero noodles... Hmmmmm... Not for me!!!!

Those zero carbs are minging like chewing tasteless rubber lol.

Now guys want to then the cheesy pasta into a pizza? Use a Cauli base. Soak cheesy pasta in hot water for a good 10 mins then micro if needed and leave again till soaked and add to the cauli base with herbs and maybe a bit of chicken or something. It's gorgeous. (I added a little low fat cheese to it to).

Also a recipi somewhere for a lasagna?

I'm new to all this. What's a cauli base? Assuming its something to do with cauliflower?

Back