Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

Morning everyone,

Feeling a bit cheesed off today. I had to go back to the Docs on Monday as a follow up for my nasal problem. The infection is still present, although only slightly, so another week's course of antibiotics. Whilst I was there I mentioned that I am seeing flashing lights out of my left eye, and it feels like it did when my retina detached 7 years ago. Doctor was straight on it. Told me she would send an urgent letter to the Eye Clinic at the hospital straight away. I am now waiting to hear about an appointment for this. Then last night DD2 said that the left pupil looked larger than the right and my eye 'looked funny'. So the iritis flare-up looks like it has started again.

Iritis is an auto-immune problem, which I have been battling with for 15 years. There is no cure but when it flares up then steroid drops have to be used to calm it down. The condition does affect sight but the drops have caused no end of problems. Blurred vision with lots of floaters meant I had to have a vitrectomy (removal of the eye fluid), the drops also caused a cataract, which had to be removed and because of that operation I was more prone to getting a detached retina, which I did so emergency surgery in Moorfields for that........groan. My vision has got really bad again in that eye and now the flashing lights and here we go again. Going blind has always been my biggest fear and retinal detachment can easily lead to this.

Sorry for the downer this morning, just fed up with the whole lot and worried and wanted to get it off my chest.

Food was ok yesterday apart from two of my DD2's delicious home made biscwits, sort of a flapjack type thing. Lush.

Have a good day one and all xx

Oh Sweetheart, I am sorry, you must be very worried, what a shame. Great that your doc is onto it quickly though, they sound good. It's so easy to panic and think the worst, (I'm terrible for that,) but hopefully things won't be too bad and as they are on the case so quickly it should all be resolved very soon. Sending a great big (gentle) hug and love. xxxxxx

Not wanting to make light of the subject but I always want to say something rude when a stroke is mentioned. One day I will grow up :D xx

Oh I do hope not! xxx :D

Chels, just calling in briefly... so sorry about the eye worries. I had a retina problem a couple of years ago and know how scary it is when people start rushing you to be seen etc. The iritis sounds a worry also, and not what you need right now. I hope it eases off and that the outcome of all these is good... sending a big hug.

On a different note, so happy to see you back in SW waters.

And no, don't ever grow up... we like you just the way you are.

xxx

Morning Chels (Yang),

-- maybe I am one who should be concerned about my "brain". My typos seem worse than ever. I think I will try the spell check feature for future posts. ;)

Did you get your eye "seen"? You really should have it "looked at". "Eye" should stop making "light" and you ought to give me some "lashes". -- You are a bad influence on me. Next thing you know I'll be making those dreadful "That what she said" jokes that my son always does.

Seriously, I hope things are better and that you get your sinuses sorted. I had sinus surgery on 2001. It was painful, but so improved my quality of life. I wish someone had figured out it was needed sooner. (It took an MRI to see what was wrong.)

Mel

Oh Sweetheart, I am sorry, you must be very worried, what a shame. Great that your doc is onto it quickly though, they sound good. It's so easy to panic and think the worst, (I'm terrible for that,) but hopefully things won't be too bad and as they are on the case so quickly it should all be resolved very soon. Sending a great big (gentle) hug and love. xxxxxx

Oh I do hope not! xxx :D
Lol, I always intended to grow old disgracefully but sex, drugs and rock and roll are so off the radar these days, well the drugs bit always was so my mucky, immature sense of humour has to stay.......I have to have SOME behaviour with which to embarrass my kids after all :D:D
Chels, just calling in briefly... so sorry about the eye worries. I had a retina problem a couple of years ago and know how scary it is when people start rushing you to be seen etc. The iritis sounds a worry also, and not what you need right now. I hope it eases off and that the outcome of all these is good... sending a big hug.
Big hug always gratefully received, thanks KC and glad to see you back posting again after your travels. It is a worry and I had more flashings last night and woke up this morning with eye-ache and it is looking bloodshot. When I cover up my good eye, there is just shadows from the wonky one. Can't see any detail at all. Great!!
On a different note, so happy to see you back in SW waters.
Yup, dipped toe in, felt ok so either a ladylike-barely-makes-a-splash dive into the water or a mahoosive divebomb to announce arrival.......which should it be? :D
And no, don't ever grow up... we like you just the way you are.

xxx
Awwwww shucks. Thank you...means a lot xxx
Morning Chels (Yang),

-- maybe I am one who should be concerned about my "brain". My typos seem worse than ever. I think I will try the spell check feature for future posts. ;)

Did you get your eye "seen"? You really should have it "looked at". "Eye" should stop making "light" and you ought to give me some "lashes". -- You are a bad influence on me. Next thing you know I'll be making those dreadful "That what she said" jokes that my son always does.

Seriously, I hope things are better and that you get your sinuses sorted. I had sinus surgery on 2001. It was painful, but so improved my quality of life. I wish someone had figured out it was needed sooner. (It took an MRI to see what was wrong.)

Mel
Sinuses are a pain in the butt......not that THAT remark makes sense but you know what I mean :)

My nasal problem has still not cleared up completely and it is getting me down but now the worry is my eye. I tell you, all you ladies reading this who are feeling old and past it in your 30s and 40s listen up

*hollers* Make the most of being young and having your body behaving itself. 30s and 40s are the prime of your life, trust me. Its when the big 5 0 kicks in....shish kebabs!!! Bit by bit it starts to sag, drop off, pack up, leak :eek:, overheat and all manner of nastiness :D:D

Now that I have totally depressed everyone I am going to update my diary hahahahaha.

Weeeellllllll, last night Jess and I went to my local SW group and signed up. I decided (for us both) that the online SW, although good, wasn't enough for me and that I needed the motivation of going to group. They seemed a really nice bunch of girlies and we had a giggle. Toni, the Consultant was a lovely lady and we were made to feel very welcome.

So, having snoozed the alarm this morning, well I thought I had but in fact I had turned it off, I eventually 'came to' rather than woke up, at 7:45 :eek: I didn't have the time, energy or inclination to dry my hair last night and you can imagine the sight that greeted me in the bathroom mirror this morning. I really didn't know who it was in the mirror. A cross between my mother and a gorgon :D Not a good start, which meant that I was running late, so no brekkie. I did manage to lob a cooked chicken breast and some salad leaves into a container for lunch today and I have just eaten a plum and an apple. Also a couple of coffees have been consumed this morning.

I have decided to have an EE day today so

B: Apple, plum
Tea (half a cup, no time to finish it)

2 coffees (Hex A)

L: Chicken and salad
Muller FF yogurt
Grapes

D: Will update this bit later - might be a homemade chilli :D

Will also post any snacks later and I must make a real effort to consume lots of water.

If anyone can see whether I am doing anything wrong, please let me know.

Thanks lots xxxx

Hi again,

I have updated my ticker to reflect the total weight loss from when I started in 2009. I feel that the total weight that I have lost deserves to be shown :D

I was a hefty 12st 13lbs back at the beginning of 2009 and even though I've been on a very long and sometimes a meandering road, I am almost there :D:D

Hi mum,

Hope you’re well this morning and thanks for last night. Was nice going to the group – they seem a nice bunch. Going to pop on to the online bit in a minute and get some ideas for what I can cook us on Saturday night!
Oooh, being cooked for is always good, a bit of old shoe leather would be acceptable lol.
Been good so far – doing a red day, so having two HEA’s/HEB’s.

Breakfast: Fruit Salad – Apple, Blueberries, Clementine, Grapes - Free

Snack: x1 Babybel – ½ HEA 1

Lunch: King Prawn Salad with Spinach & Lemon Juice – Free

Snack: x1 Babybel & Fruit - ½ HEA 1 + Free

Dinner: King Prawns, Spinach & Cous Cous (all I got in the cupboard!) – Free + 5 syns

Drinks: Water, Tea (350ml skimmed milk) – Free + HEA 2

Total Syns: 5

I don’t have anything in at the moment as a HEB option – I hope this doesn’t make too much of a difference. I may be getting paid tomorrow, instead of Monday so if so then I can make sure I go out and get some.

Hope you’re having a good day so far, will see you tomorrow!

Love Jess xxx
Sounds good. I think having the HE's is vital as to the correct balance of everything. There must be something on the list that you could have?! Lawn mowings have fibre!! lol.

So when are you going to start a SW diary then Jess? Think you should, there's loads of support on here and all of the experienced SWers are only too happy to point out any wrong doings :D

See you tomorrow for Bob's shin dig hahaha. "Snooker snub" :D xxx

Hi Chels
You seem to be having a really sh!t time at the moment what with noses and eyes. What you need is a break and some well deserved R7R. Get on a plane and come and see us for a weekend in Spain!
Seriously - find a cheap flight and you're welcome.

There is a saying that I love:
"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional".
I concur with the 2nd half and everyone else - carry on as youu are!

I have decided to have an EE day today so

B: Apple, plum
Tea (half a cup, no time to finish it)

2 coffees (Hex A)

L: Chicken and salad
Muller FF yogurt
Grapes

D: Will update this bit later - might be a homemade chilli
Diary looks great. How much & what sort of milk did you have in your coffees? You can have 250ml semi-skimmed milk or 350ml skimmed milk. 250ml is enough for 4 or 5 coffees with an ordinary amout of milk in. If you only put a splash in then lots more.
If you do have a chilli remember that you need 1/3 superfree veg on your plate as well on an EE day. Big salad is what I usually have.
Don't forget your HexB and 1/2 bottle of wine to use up your syns! It's friday and you deserve a glass or two.

Hi Chels
You seem to be having a really sh!t time at the moment what with noses and eyes. What you need is a break and some well deserved R7R. Get on a plane and come and see us for a weekend in Spain!
Seriously - find a cheap flight and you're welcome.
Aw bless, if only I could. I have a birthday celebration (DD2's FIL) tomorrow and next weekend it is Jess' 21st and also my sis is coming over to stay for the weekend as I am having to house/cat sit for DD1. The weekend after I am going on my BIG CRUISE/WEDDING SHOP FEST :D. It is basically all go now until the cruise in July. I may be able to free up a weekend towards the end of Summer/Autumn time and I'll let you know what time the plane lands.........seriously. Just have a few jugs of sangria waiting and I'll be very happy :D:D
There is a saying that I love:
"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional".
I concur with the 2nd half and everyone else - carry on as youu are!
That is something I hold very dear to my heart. I know people that were born old.........not me, I am still very childish in certain ways. Not completely off the wall but do not feel grown up at all. My girls give me relationship advice for goodness sake!! What do I know? :D

Diary looks great. How much & what sort of milk did you have in your coffees? You can have 250ml semi-skimmed milk or 350ml skimmed milk. 250ml is enough for 4 or 5 coffees with an ordinary amout of milk in. If you only put a splash in then lots more. I have skimmed milk at home, just a splash in tea. There is only semi skimmed at work (ok, 'fess up time) I didn't have time/forgot to measure some out and bring it with me. I have only had the two and been drinking water and diet coke since. I will have one tea with skimmed when I get in and that will be that....promise :eek:
If you do have a chilli remember that you need 1/3 superfree veg on your plate as well on an EE day. Big salad is what I usually have.
Don't forget your HexB and 1/2 bottle of wine to use up your syns! It's friday and you deserve a glass or two.

So big salad alongside chilli and not too much rice. Hmmmmm will have to find something in the cupboard for HexB and not too sure about the wine, although I have not had any syns today thus far. Do I risk having a glass of wine, which inevitably turns into a bottle OR do I save the syns ready for the birthday drinkie poos tomorrow night. That way I can have a few without worrying about doing any damage. Think I will opt for the latter :D

Thanks for your very helpful input Bev and also many thanks for your invitation.......definitely pencilled in the diary for later on if that's ok with you? Perhaps DD3 (Mrs Lampard would care to join me, if she can extricate herself from the OH for a couple of days hahahaha

Hope you have a fab weekend lined up for yourself and speak soon. xx

. . . many thanks for your invitation.......definitely pencilled in the diary for later on if that's ok with you? Perhaps DD3 (Mrs Lampard would care to join me, if she can extricate herself from the OH for a couple of days hahahaha

Hope you have a fab weekend lined up for yourself and speak soon. xx

Nothing lined up for us this weekend. Just going to chill out (in the hot tub) in preparation for the audit I have to do of the community accounts next Thursday. Not looking forward to that at all. I hate auditing so why I volunteered I'm not quite sure.

You are welcome to come and say hi! We have friends and family in September and early October but before or after is fine and it would be really nice to meet up!

Hasta Luego (litterally Until Then - but colloquially it means CU Later)

Nothing lined up for us this weekend. Just going to chill out (in the hot tub) in preparation for the audit I have to do of the community accounts next Thursday. Not looking forward to that at all. I hate auditing so why I volunteered I'm not quite sure.
That's the sort of thing I do......put myself forward for things then wonder why the hell I did it :D Audit sounds like fun, fun, fun. Do it in the hot tub with a glass of the old vino alongside............

Audit sounds like fun, fun, fun. Do it in the hot tub with a glass of the old vino alongside............
I don't think checking itty bits of paper invoices against the accounting entries will work too well in the hot tub somehow! No way do I want my laptop swimming! A glass of cava over the keyboard was 1 accident too many for my liking!

I don't think checking itty bits of paper invoices against the accounting entries will work too well in the hot tub somehow! No way do I want my laptop swimming! A glass of cava over the keyboard was 1 accident too many for my liking!
Yes, forgot about your little accident with the cava :D I hate accounts and figures and spreadsheets with a passion. Don't envy you that one bit Bev x

Hi again,

I have updated my ticker to reflect the total weight loss from when I started in 2009. I feel that the total weight that I have lost deserves to be shown :D

I was a hefty 12st 13lbs back at the beginning of 2009 and even though I've been on a very long and sometimes a meandering road, I am almost there :D:D

Hooraaaay! :talk017:

Less of the 'Hefty', Shorty!! xx

That ticker makes me smile... SOOOO almost there! And a fantastic achievement overall. Yay!!!!

xxx

Morning Chels and princess Jess.. yes i agree wonderful to read your ticker hun..!

hope your both well and enjoy your weekend xx

Hi Yang --

Only 1/2 a stone from Goal. That is one Beck unit and a bit! Awesome!

I hope you have a good weekend.

Hi Chels - Lovely to see how far your little swimmer has made it :D. Only 7lbs to go - just brilliant!

I'm looking forward to watching both your tickers moving towards goal!

Hope you're having a great weekend! :)

Jeez, what a weekend!! They say it comes in 3's so we'll start off with that. First my nose, then my eye and now my gallbladder (lack of). I woke in the early hours on Saturday morning feeling the urgent need to be sick and rushed to the bathroom but after 5 minutes or so with my head down the loo, the feeling subsided and I crawled back to bed. I managed to drag myself to the shops a few hours later but still feeling a bit iffy. Jess and John arrived in the afternoon to get ready for our evening out celebrating Bob's birthday. I had saved my syns on Friday and Saturday so I had plenty to spend and I did :D;) Halfway through the evening I started to feel a bit weird but put it down to the fact that we were sitting outside and I had got cold.

Everyone went back to DD2's to carry on the evening but I made my excuses and went home.

At 4 in the morning, the same thing, woke up feeling really nauseous and again nothing. Two hours later I was really sick. Just bile and lots of it (sorry TMI) and that is pretty much how I felt all day. I had pains where the gallbladder used to be and I am convinced that whilst in bed there is a build up of bile in the stomach and that is why I am waking up feeling so ill.

I did keep to SW plan though, apart from the Wispa bar (10.5) I really felt that I needed the sugar.

I was dreading going to bed last night but the night passed without incident. I'm not sure if it is because I am having a virtually fat-free diet and there is nothing for the bile to work on that is causing this. Maybe I need to add a bit to the diet. I've not used any oils etc in cooking and it definitely wasn't hangover sickness as the problem started on Saturday and I hadn't drunk anything for 3 weeks or so. Weird indeed.

Anyway, foodwise, a good weekend, so that is 3 perfect days. Syns consumed on Saturday night = 35-40 but I hadn't had any Friday and Saturday leading up to going out and only 10.5 yesterday so all is well :D

Saturday

B Activia FF yog
L 2 Eggs poached, no fat and baked beans, 2 small slices wholemeal bread (HexB)
D Chicken and bacon pasta with large salad, tomatoes, peppers

S Grapes, kiwi fruits, blueberries, 0% yog

Sunday

B 3 eggs scrambled with milk from HexA on 1 slice of wholemeal bread (HexB)

L Small portion of chilli with spoonful rice 0% yogurt with strawberries, blueberries and grapes

D Chicken breast with salad

S grapes, blueberries, strawberries, Activia FF yog
Wispa (10.5)

GP is ringing me in the next day or two to see how my nose is............I can report to her that despite two courses of antibiotics it is still infected, so that will mean all manner of medical equipment being shoved up nostrils to find out what is going on. I have also received a letter from GP with an appointment to see their Opthalmologist attached to the practice, re my eye, next Monday. I thought I was going to be referred back to the Eye clinic at the hospital but actually am quite pleased that they can see me at the GP practice, it is opposite where I live, so no worries about parking or driving to and from the appointment :D

I trust that you all are having a much healthier time of it than me at the moment.

Oh Chels - you really are having a tough time at the mo aren't you?
Big hugs coming your way.

Back