Chelsea's last stone off by Christmas mission!!

Glad my diary makes you laugh :D Probably not very inspiring but at least it offers the odd giggle.

No it is inspiring as well as fun to read. Well done on all you've achieved so far. Hope you have a brilliant time shopping for new clothes - you deserve it. :hug99:

Hi Yang,

It is a lovely day here -- I hope it is down south for you and yours.

@Disneyparis --

Hi! It is good to see you posting. I hope all is well with you, too.

Mel

No it is inspiring as well as fun to read. Well done on all you've achieved so far. Hope you have a brilliant time shopping for new clothes - you deserve it. :hug99:
Aw, bless you for saying so Dis. I am not really updating here at the moment - back over on maintenance for a couple of weeks more then will be SW all the way :D
Evening chels.. here u are.. lol.:wavey::wavey:xx
Lol, I am sort of here and sort of over there at present Shanny. How are you doing sweetie?
Hi Yang,

It is a lovely day here -- I hope it is down south for you and yours.
My nether regions are fine Mel, can't comment on the rest of the family's :8855:*apologises for the childish humour* heheheheheheh
@Disneyparis --

Hi! It is good to see you posting. I hope all is well with you, too.
Agree with that Dis xx
Mel
Down South is basking in the sunshine today. Just a nice temperature....I'm not having to worry if my Dove pro-age is working or not :D xxx

Made me laugh. You and your nether regions...

xxx

Thanks for sharing the information about your nether regions. I'm not sure I needed to know but thanks anyway :D

Gail x

Hello peeps, I'm back again. Moved over to CD for a couple of weeks but owing to an infection and a course of strong antibiotics, needed to have food and went completely off-plan. Fortunately the scales have actually gone down slightly. I didn't want to change my ticker as I didn't think it was a true reflection but the 2lbs loss has more or less remained for a couple of weeks now, so it must be true :D I actually dipped by a couple of ounces one day last week and made it into the 146's so I know that, albeit kicking and screaming, my body will go lower than 147!!!

I panicked when I first switched over to SW. I had set myself up to be at goal weight at the end of May for Jess' 21st celebrations and my birthday on 1st June and then for the cruise/wedding frock shopping on 4th June. I put so much pressure on myself to achieve this and because I actually initially gained a few lbs I thought it couldn't be done by eating (??) However, I don't think that losing the last 7lbs is automatically going to put me in a size 12, which was my ultimate goal and thinking about it sensibly, if a 12 in the chosen outfit was an ok fit I could purchase knowing that it would be perfect for the wedding in July......if not then a size 14 would be ok too. Let's face it, I can always cut the label out so that only I would know and I am probably making more of a deal out of the size rather than finding the perfect dress.

I have two months to go to the cruise, which is plenty of time to shift the last bit. I feel relieved that I have taken this pressure off and will continue now, mainly on Red days, as I think EE was not being very good to me.

So yesterday I had:-

0% yogurt, with grapes and kiwi fruit
CD Shake - 7 syns (I'd run out of milk and needed a drink and couldn't face black coffee first thing in the morning)

2 HexB slices of bread
Beef
4 fingered dark chocolate Kit-kat :eek: 11.5 syns
Chicken with salad
Strawberries, blueberries, grapes
Activia FF yogurts x 2

So over the allowable syns for the day but considering I wasn't too organised, I'm not too unhappy with that.

Today's food so far:-

Apple, banana, cup of tea

2 coffees

Tuna & Cucumber sandwich (free and HexB)
1 pear

Not sure about dinner this evening. Might make a chilli and not have the rice.

I have a birthday celebration for DD2's FIL on Saturday night and that usually turns into a bit of a session, so want to save up some syns for that ;) so will try to do without today, or at least just have the absolute minimum.

xxx

Hello peeps, I'm back again. . . .
Moved over to CD for a couple of weeks .....
The 2lbs loss has more or less remained for a couple of weeks now. I actually dipped by a couple of ounces one day last week and made it into the 146's so I know that, albeit kicking and screaming, my body will go lower than 147!!!
Chels - good to have you back. As I said on another post (about my desultory attempts 3 years ago) "up - down - up - down - shake it all about" seems appropriate. LOL

As you know I prefer Red/Green - just can't get on with EE, it temps me to eat too much knowing I can have virtually anything I want. R/G makes me think more and plan better so my weight loss is much more consistent. Not rapid - just a pound or so a week - but going all the same.

"Don't Panic Mr(s) Mainwaring" - I know you have been stable for a couple of weeks but CD messes with you body so don't be surprised if you don't have a huge loss this week. Adopt the slow and steady approach - just 1lb a week will get rid of the 7lb by 4th July!!!!!

And who cares about dress size! I still have one size 22 top that is tight - god knows who put the label in that as I now fit comfortably into 16's. Plus I have one pair of jeans that say size 14. I can just about get them on but boy are they tight and push the rolls "up and over". PS these are American but who cares - the label says 14!

See what I mean? Find a shop with big 12's!

Enjoy your day hun and once again welcome back to the land of SW!

Chels - good to have you back. As I said on another post (about my desultory attempts 3 years ago) "up - down - up - down - shake it all about" seems appropriate. LOL

As you know I prefer Red/Green - just can't get on with EE, it temps me to eat too much knowing I can have virtually anything I want. R/G makes me think more and plan better so my weight loss is much more consistent. Not rapid - just a pound or so a week - but going all the same.

"Don't Panic Mr(s) Mainwaring" - I know you have been stable for a couple of weeks but CD messes with you body so don't be surprised if you don't have a huge loss this week. Adopt the slow and steady approach - just 1lb a week will get rid of the 7lb by 4th July!!!!!

And who cares about dress size! I still have one size 22 top that is tight - god knows who put the label in that as I now fit comfortably into 16's. Plus I have one pair of jeans that say size 14. I can just about get them on but boy are they tight and push the rolls "up and over". PS these are American but who cares - the label says 14!

See what I mean? Find a shop with big 12's!

Enjoy your day hun and once again welcome back to the land of SW!
Thanks Bev. The dress I have got my eye on is a Jacques Vert number in Debenhams, so not sure if the sizing will come up on the large side or not.......I just want to look nice. Really don't want to be the old, fat bird in the photographs spoiling them :cry:I will just plod on, doing the best that I can do. I have decided to join a local group which meet on Thursdays. I don't get much from the online thingy. It's handy to have to check on things but it doesn't make me feel answerable or motivated really. Minis is much better at providing that and its free :D:D

Has everything calmed down now after the earthquake last week?

Hope you are well. You sound like you are doing ok on SW. Well done for that.

xx

Only ever laid my hands on a Jacques Vert number once and I can't remember whether they come up big or small. Being French - I would suspect small!

I'm sure the group will help loads particularly if you get a good consultant!

Re earthquake. We are obviously fine but Lorca is a mess. Lots of houses to be demolished and lots needing major structural repairs. There are 5 camps with thousands of tents housing the homeless. Lorca is a beautiful city and I suspect it will take many years to sort out the damage.

Have a good day tomorrow/today!

Hi Chels! Welcome back to SW! You'll look wonderful for the wedding and cruise I know. SW and eating normal food will make you glow and look very healthy as well. I'm sure of this as I compare photo's of skinny'ish' me post CD, where I looked gaunt and real friends before and after CD. Have you been ill again? Hope not...xxx

Hi Yang --

I am little miffed that you blamed me for the whole "nether regions" banter. I am pretty sure that I asked how was the WEATHER down south, not WHETHER or not YOUR down south was okay! But, it was still good to know (I guess). ;)

Anyway, I wanted to copy and paste what you wrote about hours ago -- this is so mentally healthy that I want to drive down to where you are presently located (I hope that you won't fine any innuendos in this remark) and give you a big hug!

if a 12 in the chosen outfit was an ok fit I could purchase knowing that it would be perfect for the wedding in July......if not then a size 14 would be ok too. Let's face it, I can always cut the label out so that only I would know and I am probably making more of a deal out of the size rather than finding the perfect dress.

Pommette --

If you are a "shapely" lass then a 22 might fit you well even when slim because of the distribution of your weight. I wear a small tank (shell) but a medium or large cardi (broad shoulders, small bust). I wear between a 10 and 12 (UK) in trousers depending on the cut. I have chunky thighs and wide hips. I also have a fairly large rib cage for my height -- so depending on how something is cut makes a big difference on the size.

I still have one size 22 top that is tight - god knows who put the label in that as I now fit comfortably into 16's. Plus I have one pair of jeans that say size 14. I can just about get them on but boy are they tight and push the rolls "up and over". PS these are American but who cares - the label says 14!

An American 14 is approximately a UK 16. But, as you said, "who cares". What I wear in American sizes varies very greatly depending on the shop, etc.

Mel

Only ever laid my hands on a Jacques Vert number once and I can't remember whether they come up big or small. Being French - I would suspect small!

I'm sure the group will help loads particularly if you get a good consultant!

Re earthquake. We are obviously fine but Lorca is a mess. Lots of houses to be demolished and lots needing major structural repairs. There are 5 camps with thousands of tents housing the homeless. Lorca is a beautiful city and I suspect it will take many years to sort out the damage.

Have a good day tomorrow/today!
Thanks Bev, I am definitely focusing on how the garment looks and not what the labels says...as you say, if it is French then it is likely to come up small anyway. I could buy any old thing with a 12 label inside it and look like I was (to quote my Mum) a bag of sh*t with a belt round the middle :D
Hi Chels! Welcome back to SW! You'll look wonderful for the wedding and cruise I know. SW and eating normal food will make you glow and look very healthy as well. I'm sure of this as I compare photo's of skinny'ish' me post CD, where I looked gaunt and real friends before and after CD. Have you been ill again? Hope not...xxx
Lol, not too sure about glowing with health but I would like my skin to plump up a bit. The tops of my arms look hideous at the moment :cry:

I know what you mean when friends say about looking gaunt. When that happened to me years ago I thought they were just being jealous (I went down to 7st 10lbs through a break-up) but in hindsight I looked dreadful. Ribs sticking out of my back etc. Not good at the age of 30 and even more yuk at my age :eek:
Hi Yang --

I am little miffed that you blamed me for the whole "nether regions" banter. I am pretty sure that I asked how was the WEATHER down south, not WHETHER or not YOUR down south was okay! But, it was still good to know (I guess). ;)

Anyway, I wanted to copy and paste what you wrote about hours ago -- this is so mentally healthy that I want to drive down to where you are presently located (I hope that you won't fine any innuendos in this remark) and give you a big hug!

Aw, hug gratefully accepted and returned to you Ying. xxx And definitely no innuendo noticed here :D

Pommette --

If you are a "shapely" lass then a 22 might fit you well even when slim because of the distribution of your weight. I wear a small tank (shell) but a medium or large cardi (broad shoulders, small bust). I wear between a 10 and 12 (UK) in trousers depending on the cut. I have chunky thighs and wide hips. I also have a fairly large rib cage for my height -- so depending on how something is cut makes a big difference on the size.

An American 14 is approximately a UK 16. But, as you said, "who cares". What I wear in American sizes varies very greatly depending on the shop, etc.

Mel

If I was an animal, I think they'd put me down lol

Morning everyone,

Feeling a bit cheesed off today. I had to go back to the Docs on Monday as a follow up for my nasal problem. The infection is still present, although only slightly, so another week's course of antibiotics. Whilst I was there I mentioned that I am seeing flashing lights out of my left eye, and it feels like it did when my retina detached 7 years ago. Doctor was straight on it. Told me she would send an urgent letter to the Eye Clinic at the hospital straight away. I am now waiting to hear about an appointment for this. Then last night DD2 said that the left pupil looked larger than the right and my eye 'looked funny'. So the iritis flare-up looks like it has started again.

Iritis is an auto-immune problem, which I have been battling with for 15 years. There is no cure but when it flares up then steroid drops have to be used to calm it down. The condition does affect sight but the drops have caused no end of problems. Blurred vision with lots of floaters meant I had to have a vitrectomy (removal of the eye fluid), the drops also caused a cataract, which had to be removed and because of that operation I was more prone to getting a detached retina, which I did so emergency surgery in Moorfields for that........groan. My vision has got really bad again in that eye and now the flashing lights and here we go again. Going blind has always been my biggest fear and retinal detachment can easily lead to this.

Sorry for the downer this morning, just fed up with the whole lot and worried and wanted to get it off my chest.

Food was ok yesterday apart from two of my DD2's delicious home made biscwits, sort of a flapjack type thing. Lush.

Have a good day one and all xx

Morning Yang,

Fingers crossed that the eye situation is not as serious as it has been in the past (sometimes a sinus infection can place pressure on the eyes, nerves for the teeth, etc.). The enlarged pupil is a worry and it might have been good to go and be seen in the emergency room. It could be signs of stroke... not that I trying to worry you (but eraly detection and treatment can limit or even prevent any long-term damage).

It is sunny here in Cambs; how are things where you are?

Mel

Morning Yang,

Fingers crossed that the eye situation is not as serious as it has been in the past (sometimes a sinus infection can place pressure on the eyes, nerves for the teeth, etc.). The enlarged pupil is a worry and it might have been good to go and be seen in the emergency room. It could be signs of stroke... not that I trying to worry you (but eraly detection and treatment can limit or even prevent any long-term damage).

It is sunny here in Cambs; how are things where you are?

Mel
Sunny here in Surrey Mel, too lovely to be stuck in the office, that's for sure.

I just thought the pupil would have been enlarged owing to the fact that if the iritis has flared up again and/or the retina is becoming detached then the eye is needing a lot more light to enter into it in order to see?

Not wanting to make light of the subject but I always want to say something rude when a stroke is mentioned. One day I will grow up :D xx

Back